Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:39:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR Issues Statement on Recent Leaks - Via TMZ
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR Issues Statement on Recent Leaks - Via TMZ  (Read 4463 times)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« on: January 02, 2020, 04:12:55 PM »

A rep for the band tells TMZ, "It is tremendously disappointing, sad, and unfortunate that a record executive involved with the band in their early years found it appropriate to auction off the unreleased materials owned by his former employer."

https://www.tmz.com/2020/01/02/guns-n-roses-pissed-superfan-leaked-music-leak/

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-superfan-threatened-with-lawsuit-over-leaked-recordings/

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-n-roses-fan-music-leak-lawsuit/

« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 11:14:32 AM by sofine11 » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 08:11:01 AM »

Yeah, why not go after the guy that got paid?  Not the ones who came up with his ransom.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2020, 09:22:42 AM »

Old news. The ban happened a while ago. And UMG issuing a cease and desist isn't really surprising. The funny thing is the leaks stayed out of the mainstream media til now. They started in what July?

In any case I'm sure Rick could buy a ticket to a stadium show and the band would be none the wiser. He was paid 15k by the label to recoup his costs. And gets to be part of GNR history.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2020, 09:35:41 AM »

Old news. The ban happened a while ago. And UMG issuing a cease and desist isn't really surprising. The funny thing is the leaks stayed out of the mainstream media til now. They started in what July?

In any case I'm sure Rick could buy a ticket to a stadium show and the band would be none the wiser. He was paid 15k by the label to recoup his costs. And gets to be part of GNR history.

I agree the timing here is strange, given that this all happened in August/September.  Maybe the lawyers are playing games?
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2020, 12:01:11 PM »

I agree the timing here is strange, given that this all happened in August/September.  Maybe the lawyers are playing games?

Do TMZ pay for stories? If so it could be a way for meeting the legal costs.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2020, 12:20:57 PM »

I agree the timing here is strange, given that this all happened in August/September.  Maybe the lawyers are playing games?

Could be. Could also be possible that Rick's counsel are aware that this is not an ideal time for negative press for GNR, especially if the rumors about an imminent album release are true.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2020, 04:21:14 PM »

I agree the timing here is strange, given that this all happened in August/September.  Maybe the lawyers are playing games?

Could be. Could also be possible that Rick's counsel are aware that this is not an ideal time for negative press for GNR, especially if the rumors about an imminent album release are true.

I'm not being sarcastic... there are really imminent album release rumors going around?

I have been MIA lol

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2020, 04:59:11 PM »

I'm not being sarcastic... there are really imminent album release rumors going around?

I have been MIA lol

About 4 months or so ago, Fernando said during a conversation on Reddit that there would be a new GNR release "within the next 6 months".  So now we're all holding our collective breath leading up to March.  Undecided
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2020, 10:56:58 AM »

I have been MIA lol

About 4 months or so ago, Fernando said during a conversation on Reddit that there would be a new GNR release "within the next 6 months".  So now we're all holding our collective breath leading up to March.  Undecided

Did he say it was new material though? How do we know he wasn't talking about a live album or a reissue of UYI?  I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseam in another thread but I'm not going looking for it.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2020, 06:19:12 AM »

A rep for the band tells TMZ, "It is tremendously disappointing, sad, and unfortunate that a record executive involved with the band in their early years found it appropriate to auction off the unreleased materials owned by his former employer."

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-superfan-threatened-with-lawsuit-over-leaked-recordings/

In my opinion, this really ain't a good look for the band and/or management. They should be going after Tom Zutaut for selling his locker, not a diehard fan. They might wanna counter this with some positive news. ::Ahem::

There's that TV show call storage wars, and they say that lockers get abandoned then sold on, so could it be the case that Tom didn't directly sell the locker, he just abandoned it? I don't know how it works
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2020, 10:04:57 AM »

In my opinion, this really ain't a good look for the band and/or management. They should be going after Tom Zutaut for selling his locker, not a diehard fan. They might wanna counter this with some positive news. ::Ahem::

There's that TV show call storage wars, and they say that lockers get abandoned then sold on, so could it be the case that Tom didn't directly sell the locker, he just abandoned it? I don't know how it works

I've heard that was the case here, but who knows.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: