Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:34:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Where are they now? Forum members
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where are they now? Forum members  (Read 27218 times)
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« on: January 04, 2020, 06:07:12 AM »

Just thought i'd start a thread about the whereabouts of forum members that seems to have gone out of view from here that you miss and why, for me its Mystron, that guy had some nuggets that were gold during the pre-cd days, liked his film reviews too.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 09:35:56 AM »

One.in.a.million

I appreciate everyone who contributes here. I read more than I post myself, but visits every day to check out the "news".

One.in.a.million was active some years ago, and had much interesting to tell.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2020, 11:30:53 AM »

One.in.a.million

I appreciate everyone who contributes here. I read more than I post myself, but visits every day to check out the "news".

Good call, didn't always agree with everything they said, but yes, an interesting character
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 03:15:54 PM »

Just thought i'd start a thread about the whereabouts of forum members that seems to have gone out of view from here that you miss and why, for me its Mystron, that guy had some nuggets that were gold during the pre-cd days, liked his film reviews too.

I'm still here. I just read the forums moreso these days
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2020, 07:49:08 PM »

The legend is back! Hehe.. was always nice to read your posts Mysteron

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2020, 06:13:27 AM »

It was a big bag of nothing really, I was just passing on info from Merck. We got Hammerstein out of it, and Jarmo gets to do his bits and bobs now, so some good came of it.

The forums were fun back then, lots of fun people, most of them are still about. It sounds as though Axl got quite a rough ride with the record company and legal odds and ends back in the day. I am happy it has worked out well for them.
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2020, 07:04:59 AM »

It was a big bag of nothing really, I was just passing on info from Merck. We got Hammerstein out of it, and Jarmo gets to do his bits and bobs now, so some good came of it.

The forums were fun back then, lots of fun people, most of them are still about. It sounds as though Axl got quite a rough ride with the record company and legal odds and ends back in the day. I am happy it has worked out well for them.
Good to hear that you're still alive and kicking, you seem to have the same POV about the forums as I do. Happy new year to ya fella  ok
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2020, 10:36:09 AM »

I liked loretian
And the gang with SLC,
Kujo and others...

And I keep in touch
With 2 more classic posters
Both go by “Lisa”....

Yet, I still wonder...
Visiting recollections...
Where’s darknemus now?Huh 🤪🤪

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2020, 11:23:46 AM »

Hello old timers!  beer

Imagine 14 years ago if someone had told us where we'd be today....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GnRScouse
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2020, 04:13:09 PM »

How long has this been going, Jarmo? I remember being at the London Docklands gig in 2002 just after Leeds and spoke to someone who recommend this website to me. Maybe it was you!

"Nothing to bitch at today!"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2020, 05:30:59 PM »

How long has this been going, Jarmo? I remember being at the London Docklands gig in 2002 just after Leeds and spoke to someone who recommend this website to me. Maybe it was you!

Web site since 1996. No, unfortunately i wasn't at those gigs....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2020, 12:36:47 PM »

Mad as this sounds.....I think it could have actually been me! I have recollections of that. I was on my own, after coming down from Leeds.

I was certainly reading it at that point, but probably not a member, as I was a little skeptic about 'getting involved with forums' when the internet first arrived....oh how I've changed since then! haha!

Did you do Leeds as well?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 12:38:43 PM by allwaystired » Logged

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2020, 04:27:37 PM »

One.in.a.million

Good call, didn't always agree with everything they said, but yes, an interesting character
Agree, i have been wondering about him/her. Seemed like a cool cat.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2020, 08:23:08 PM »

I’ve been checking this board since 1999.  This board was pretty intense leading up to CD.  I still routinely check the board!
GnRScouse
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2020, 03:47:20 AM »

Mad as this sounds.....I think it could have actually been me! I have recollections of that. I was on my own, after coming down from Leeds.

I was certainly reading it at that point, but probably not a member, as I was a little skeptic about 'getting involved with forums' when the internet first arrived....oh how I've changed since then! haha!

Did you do Leeds as well?

Ha that would be mad if it was you...I was outside a pub with my mate right by the arena when i spoke to the person that could be you!
Yes, I was at Leeds too. That was a mad few days doing both gigs having not seen Axl for 9 years!

"Nothing to bitch at today!"
TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2020, 01:02:51 AM »

Yep, miss some of the excitement and forum members from the early 2000s. I think I first started with getting news at The Lose Rose (?) site around 2000 before finally hanging out here and MyGNR (with a short stop at sp1at for a bit).

You know what I miss from back then? Someone used to make these little comic strip images using MS Paint, I think they called it Lil' GNR or Tiny GNR (?). I found those enjoyable, but I think they only did a handful of them and that was probably around 2002 or something. And like someone mentioned, seeing an update from Mysteron was always exciting back in the day.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2020, 02:06:07 PM »

I'm still here!!!

lol

I go back to summer of 2000. I know the forums were like reset in like 2002 or something? I don't know. This is my original account though. I still peak around from time to time and enjoy the community here. Been really busy and lazy too I guess lately.

Peace.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2020, 04:18:43 PM »

I’m still here (I think)

draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2020, 10:30:54 PM »

I'm still here.  I've been reading this website since 1996 and became a member in 2003.  It's kinda been quite around here so I've been at the other GNR website.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2020, 02:12:07 AM »

You can't NOT post here as a GNR fan.  At least, that's how I see it.  You have to have a presence here.

Favorite band since 6th grade, 1988.  Was on the old "Dust N' Bones" mailing list in college, run by Jeff Boerio.  That's how old I am.  I was on a mailing list.  That's like being on a rotary phone.  The day of Axl's fax in 1996, I stayed in the college library all day, on the computer.

"Dive in and find the monkey", people.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: