Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:39:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  OPEN LETTER TO FERNANDO
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: OPEN LETTER TO FERNANDO  (Read 41048 times)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« on: January 15, 2020, 03:16:27 PM »

Hi Fernando,

Back in September, in the below conversation, you said that an album would drop "within the next 6 months".  Is this still the plan?  I'm not sure if you realize, but your comments have spread like wildfire in the online fan communities and we want to know whether we should check our expectations, or whether there is some king of release coming "soon".  Regardless, we're looking forward to an exciting 2020 in regard to all things GNR.  Thanks!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/GunsNRoses/comments/d5a4kq/who_is_who_full/f0p6qzh/?context=3
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 09:04:50 PM »

It's ridiculously how we are treated as fans by band and management lack of respect.  I wish GNR was like Pearl Jam...announce a tour, announce an album.  Why all the cloak and dag
Hi Fernando,

Back in September, in the below conversation, you said that an album would drop "within the next 6 months".  Is this still the plan?  I'm not sure if you realize, but your comments have spread like wildfire in the online fan communities and we want to know whether we should check our expectations, or whether there is some king of release coming "soon".  Regardless, we're looking forward to an exciting 2020 in regard to all things GNR.  Thanks!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/GunsNRoses/comments/d5a4kq/who_is_who_full/f0p6qzh/?context=3
ger?

Rizzo160
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 07:39:09 AM »

I haven't noticed this alleged lack of respect.

Just because you don't get what you want when you want it, doesn't mean it's due to lack of respect.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 09:11:40 AM »

To be fair to Fernando, he was responding to the question of does he have "any general idea" of when we'll see a new album.  That's not a guarantee, or an irrevocable promise.  It would be different if he, unprovoked, came out and said "you'll see an album in 6 months.  Take that to the bank."  But he didn't.  He tried to diffuse a message board that was going off the rails (read the thread and you'll find a ton of disrespectful comments to Fernando, his family, etc.).  I'm surprised he actually tried to engage anyone in discussion. 
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 10:27:32 AM »

They generally suck at communication, but the NITL tour was the most professional operation of their career, top to bottom.  So I have no complaints in that area.

As for keeping us in the loop?  Never been a high priority to them.  Don't see that changing now after all this time.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 10:30:12 AM »

To be fair to Fernando, he was responding to the question of does he have "any general idea" of when we'll see a new album.  That's not a guarantee, or an irrevocable promise.  It would be different if he, unprovoked, came out and said "you'll see an album in 6 months.  Take that to the bank."  But he didn't.  He tried to diffuse a message board that was going off the rails (read the thread and you'll find a ton of disrespectful comments to Fernando, his family, etc.).  I'm surprised he actually tried to engage anyone in discussion. 

I agree he's treated poorly and some of those comments are way out of line.

But as for respect...give a little, get a little, you know?  They bring a lot of this on themselves.  They give us nothing for years at a time, and when they do deem to engage us, we are called "complainers".  Way to engender some good will there, gang.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2020, 10:44:12 AM »

Management:  Hey fans!  The first new album in nearly 12 years is coming within the next 6 months.

5 Months later...

Fans: Hi Management, is that album, you know, still coming?

Idiots: Things can change and they don't owe you a God damn thing!!!!!!

Only this band.  Roll Eyes
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2020, 11:05:11 AM »

Axl Rose stated in December 2006 that the scheduled release date for CD was March 6, 2007 - straight from the horse's mouth.  That date came and went for whatever reason and CD finally came out nearly 2 years later.  Obviously things change.  Maybe some of you weren't around in those days but I wouldn't take anything management throws out about release dates to the bank.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2020, 11:08:23 AM »

Axl Rose stated in December 2006 that the scheduled release date for CD was March 6, 2007 - straight from the horse's mouth.  That date came and went for whatever reason and CD finally came out nearly 2 years later.  Obviously things change.  Maybe some of you weren't around in those days but I wouldn't take anything management throws out about release dates to the bank.

Oh, agreed.  Their "word" is near meaningless.

Just seems weird Fernando would throw that out there on his own.  Maybe it was a late night drunk post.  C'mon, we've all had them.

Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2020, 11:21:21 AM »

Oh, agreed.  Their "word" is near meaningless.

Just seems weird Fernando would throw that out there on his own.  Maybe it was a late night drunk post.  C'mon, we've all had them.

Right, so I'm slightly confused why people are up in arms about this latest "promise" of a release date.  For years (literally, decades) there have been "announcements" from all sorts of people, management, band members, Axl himself...and none of it materializes.  If you start from the position of "everything is bullshit", then you quickly learn not to get riled up about any statement on new music.  "Things change" should be the name of the album (you know, the album they may or may not be working on and that may or may not come out at some point in the future).
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2020, 11:26:10 AM »

I don't expect an album in March.  I don't expect album by next March.

I know what I'm dealing with here.

Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2020, 11:47:39 AM »

I don't expect an album in March.  I don't expect album by next March.

I know what I'm dealing with here.

Bingo
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2020, 12:01:04 PM »

ac·count·a·bil·i·ty
/əˌkoun(t)əˈbilədē/
Learn to pronounce
noun
the fact or condition of being accountable; responsibility.
"their lack of accountability has corroded public respect"
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2020, 12:59:04 PM »

To be fair, the record label might have their own ideas as to when it is a good time for GN'R to release a new album. There appears to be a lot coming out and it might make sense for GN'R to release their album at a certain time of the year. Green Day is Feb, Weezer is May, Pearl Jam is March, The Killers is Spring 2020, Bon Jovi, Alice Cooper, Ozzy, ACDC, RATM, MCR comeback, the list is endless for this year for bands with new albums.

I note that the S American tour is unlabelled whereas the European tour is next chapter, so that might be a clue. Maybe April could work at the moment.
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2020, 01:16:48 PM »

To be fair, the record label might have their own ideas as to when it is a good time for GN'R to release a new album. There appears to be a lot coming out and it might make sense for GN'R to release their album at a certain time of the year. Green Day is Feb, Weezer is May, Pearl Jam is March, The Killers is Spring 2020, Bon Jovi, Alice Cooper, Ozzy, ACDC, RATM, MCR comeback, the list is endless for this year for bands with new albums.

I note that the S American tour is unlabelled whereas the European tour is next chapter, so that might be a clue. Maybe April could work at the moment.

I don't know, I don't really buy that as an excuse why the album's not out (or a firm date announced)...certainly those other bands weren't waiting for GnR to announce their release date! Smiley 
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2020, 01:31:20 PM »

I don't know, I don't really buy that as an excuse why the album's not out (or a firm date announced)...certainly those other bands weren't waiting for GnR to announce their release date! Smiley 

Pearl Jam just announced for March, if the band are thinking of April or May or June, then by PJ standards, it'd be fine to announce in the next three months.

The band are continually announcing dates, so it's not like things have suddenly gone quiet. We are only two weeks into 2020.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2020, 01:33:27 PM »

Agreed.  There will always be a reason to *not* do something. 
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2020, 01:37:27 PM »

LOL, AC/DC? You know something the rest of us don't?

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2020, 01:56:27 PM »

LOL, AC/DC? You know something the rest of us don't?

I don't know, I don't keep up with ACDC news, just GN'R really. I spoke to two people late December after wishing them happy Xmas, one was a retired tour promoter, the other a famous venue owner and they both said ACDC are recording and releasing something later this year. So I don't know if this is new or old.

As an edit, I was saying this as a point toward a possible GN'R release more than anything else. I knew about RATM as well, but they are not a big thing in my life either. I know what MCR are doing as well as many other bands, but it's not a fuss. On a personal level,  I am looking more forward to PJ and Weezer releases (and others) over ACDC, so it's not a big fuss for me whether this is right or wrong.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 03:11:46 PM by Mysteron » Logged
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2020, 03:56:05 PM »

Seems to me they probably should've had the album release arranged with Universal long before they booked a huge tour outing like what's currently scheduled.  

Mainly due to the fact that if "things change" as people love to point out, they wouldn't have a massive tour taking up the bulk of 2020, which basically ensures they wouldn't be able to finish said album.

That all comes down to management and them putting the cart before the horse.  Of course, there could be a release already set in stone with the label and they're just not telling us yet for whatever reason.  We just don't know.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: