Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:31:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227816 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  OPEN LETTER TO FERNANDO
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: OPEN LETTER TO FERNANDO  (Read 41741 times)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #120 on: January 22, 2020, 02:48:29 PM »

I wonder how much time that will buy them/him/whoever.  Roll Eyes

When is your deadline? End of March wasn't it?

/jarmo

If you're referring to the deadline Fernando willingly gave us himself, then yes, that would be about correct.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #121 on: January 22, 2020, 02:50:06 PM »

If you're referring to the deadline Fernando willingly gave us himself, then yes, that would be about correct.

Exactly.

He answered a question and you took it as confirmation. Now you're let down because Slash didn't confirm it in an interview about his new guitar line....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #122 on: January 22, 2020, 02:52:13 PM »

Exactly.

He answered a question and you took it as confirmation. Now you're let down because Slash didn't confirm it in an interview about his new guitar line....

/jarmo

You act like taking him at his word is a cardinal sin. This isn't just some roadie, it's their manager.  If we're working under the premise that he was just talking out of his ass, and there was never any concrete plan to get us an album by March, then yeah shame on me for thinking otherwise.  Going by Slash's comments today, that unfortunately seems to be the case.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #123 on: January 22, 2020, 02:57:50 PM »

^^This is my point. Slash will be aware that fans expect an album this year. Maybe these comments were a deliberate attempt to temper expectations.

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #124 on: January 22, 2020, 03:01:23 PM »

To be fair Jarmo Slash’s comments do suggest they don’t know how to proceed with a release with the industry the way it is.

I mean there’s material and there’s recording and there’s shit going on, but we’re not really sure what we’re doing with it right now.”

To me it sounds like they haven't decided on the how at the moment.

/jarmo

Pearl Jam just released a new single, on the heels of announcing a new album.  Looks like they figured out how.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #125 on: January 22, 2020, 03:02:50 PM »

Belter it is too, can’t wait for the record

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #126 on: January 22, 2020, 03:14:36 PM »

To be fair Jarmo Slash’s comments do suggest they don’t know how to proceed with a release with the industry the way it is.

I mean there’s material and there’s recording and there’s shit going on, but we’re not really sure what we’re doing with it right now.”

/jarmo

Pearl Jam just released a new single, on the heels of announcing a new album.  Looks like they figured out how.

WHAT?!?!?!  But how did they do this??? They're a grunge era band!!! Music isn't consumed the same way as the 90s!!!  How...HOW....HOW?!?!?!
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #127 on: January 22, 2020, 03:40:08 PM »

/jarmo

WHAT?!?!?!  But how did they do this??? They're a grunge era band!!! Music isn't consumed the same way as the 90s!!!  How...HOW....HOW?!?!?!

Crazy, right???  I don't know how they did, or Ozzy, or Tool, or Ratt, or Green Day, or [insert long list of bands releasing albums].  I wish they would share with GnR how to solve the "problem."
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #128 on: January 22, 2020, 03:55:16 PM »

/jarmo

rofl rofl rofl

Seriously - The last Tool album was right around the same time as CD.
They simply let it be known a new album was ready, dropped an amazing single and did a great tour in support of it.

Case Closed

Whatever the reasons are behind the inability to deliver new music - it is what it is - at least they are together and touring - but reading some of the excuses people are trying to make for them is borderline astounding
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #129 on: January 22, 2020, 04:18:08 PM »

/jarmo

Crazy, right???  I don't know how they did, or Ozzy, or Tool, or Ratt, or Green Day, or [insert long list of bands releasing albums].  I wish they would share with GnR how to solve the "problem."

It's pretty obvious that there is a deep seeded conspiracy within the music industry to keep GNR from releasing new music.  I would have thought they would call off their goons when Slash and Duff returned, but alas, these evil doers persist in their schemes to keep a new GNR record out of stores.

Or, you know, same shit different year and all that......
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #130 on: January 22, 2020, 04:38:46 PM »

/jarmo

It's pretty obvious that there is a deep seeded conspiracy within the music industry to keep GNR from releasing new music.  I would have thought they would call off their goons when Slash and Duff returned, but alas, these evil doers persist in their schemes to keep a new GNR record out of stores.

The mental gymnastics it takes to explain why new music isn't released is tiring.  They're trying to figure out how to release it?  That's laughable at best, and grossly negligent at worst.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #131 on: January 22, 2020, 04:43:53 PM »

/jarmo

The mental gymnastics it takes to explain why new music isn't released is tiring.  They're trying to figure out how to release it?  That's laughable at best, and grossly negligent at worst.

Again, Slash is clearly just regurgitating whatever bullshit lines Axl and co. have fed him when the subject of new music comes up internally.  Slash doesn't operate like this when it comes to releasing his own albums. But GNR operates inside a whole other realm of mind twisting bullshit when it comes to this topic.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #132 on: January 22, 2020, 06:38:40 PM »

You act like taking him at his word is a cardinal sin. This isn't just some roadie, it's their manager.  If we're working under the premise that he was just talking out of his ass, and there was never any concrete plan to get us an album by March, then yeah shame on me for thinking otherwise.  Going by Slash's comments today, that unfortunately seems to be the case.

No, I act like someone who saw an answer to a question. A quite reasonable answer. But still not a press release announcing it's release!

There's a difference.

Pearl Jam released a single! Yay!
Did they keep us updated along the way on how they were gonna do it and when? No.... They released it when they saw fit.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #133 on: January 22, 2020, 08:22:44 PM »

Which was in a reasonable time
You act like taking him at his word is a cardinal sin. This isn't just some roadie, it's their manager.  If we're working under the premise that he was just talking out of his ass, and there was never any concrete plan to get us an album by March, then yeah shame on me for thinking otherwise.  Going by Slash's comments today, that unfortunately seems to be the case.

No, I act like someone who saw an answer to a question. A quite reasonable answer. But still not a press release announcing it's release!

There's a difference.

Did they keep us updated along the way on how they were gonna do it and when? No.... They released it when they saw fit.

/jarmo

Rizzo160
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #134 on: January 22, 2020, 09:07:18 PM »

I was at Target today and in the middle of the aisle between Self checkout and the checkout stands.  They had a Display set up for Billie Eilish.. You couldn't miss it.  I think Guns should go in that route again... even though the Best Buy exclusive was a bust... I think it would be different this time around.  You could have CD's in the display with some merchandise like folded t-shirts or other small accessories.  Hypothetically speaking, I would announce a release date maybe a month or so before the tour... then comeback to the states early 2021 and tour promoting the new album.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #135 on: January 23, 2020, 09:32:39 AM »

Pearl Jam did what bands do every week of every year of every decade.  There was nothing remarkable about it.  That's the whole damn point here, Jarmo.

But you are hellbent on convincing us that it's a totally different kettle of fish for GNR, based on nothing tangible outside your own well known desire to not rock the boat.

"I sure wish my favorite band could get it together and release new music more often than once a decade" is hardly scathing criticism. 

But the sun will set in the east before you would even consider uttering what is, frankly, a pretty milquetoast take on the matter.  Or not get right to work trying to show anyone that put forth such blasphemy the error of their ways, as you see it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #136 on: January 23, 2020, 09:44:25 AM »

Pearl Jam did what bands do every week of every year of every decade.  There was nothing remarkable about it.  That's the whole damn point here, Jarmo.

But you are hellbent on convincing us that it's a totally different kettle of fish for GNR, based on nothing tangible outside your own well known desire to not rock the boat.

"I sure wish my favorite band could get it together and release new music more often than once a decade" is hardly scathing criticism.  

But the sun will set in the east before you would even consider uttering what is, frankly, a pretty milquetoast take on the matter.  Or not get right to work trying to show anyone that put forth such blasphemy the error of their ways, as you see it.

Also, seeing Ultimate Classic Rock and other trades picking up the story with headlines that read "GNR Not Sure How to Release Music" does not make this regime look like the sharpest tools in the shed.  Quite the opposite actually.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/slash-guns-n-roses-new-music/

sandman
Legend

« Reply #137 on: January 23, 2020, 12:43:27 PM »

There's a difference.

/jarmo

in a way, yes, Pearl Jam did keep their fans updated, and they released an album in a very reasonable amount of time. Band members started talking about it in interviews in late 2018 and throughout 2019. They consistently said they were hoping for a late 2019 release, but would release it when it was done. they finished it a couple of months later than expected. "sources" then advised the album would likely be out in the first half of 2020. they released art work a few weeks ago. made a formal announcement with a concrete date this week. and released a single. my friends who are die-hards mentioned it all last year, and they knew they would have an album in late 2019 or early 2020, since that's how 99% of bands operate.

the same exact process has happened with Metallica, Ghost, and countless other rock bands in recent years. Green Day, Weezer, Killers, and bunch of other bands have albums being released in the first half of 2020. The Strokes have played 2 new songs and are strongly hinting at an album this year. ACDC is expected to release an album. Foo Fighters are hinting at an album soon - nothing concrete, but i'd be willing to bet they release an album this year.   

some PJ updates from 2019:

In a January 2019 conversation with Rolling Stone, Stone Gossard revealed he and the band were “in the middle” of a new LP. “We're just going to keep plugging away until we get one done," the guitarist asserted.

From January 2019:

“We’ve gone in, probably, four or five times in the last couple of years, so we have a whole ton of unfinished stuff,” bassist Jeff Ament adds. “We’re just sort of in a little bit of  limbo. I’m sure everybody’s got a bunch more riffs, and I’m sure Ed’s got a handful of journal lyrics. It’s just going to take us all getting into a room together for six weeks and just knocking something out.”

Ament also spoke of ideas “on the Pearl Jam shelf” that may become solo material for the musician. “When I do those, it’s mostly to clean off the shelves and finish stuff; it’s stuff that has been on the Pearl Jam shelf for a few years and nobody is really responding to it. I think all of us have gotten into the habit of finishing stuff up and putting it out. This is a broken record, but I think I’ve said that I would record a lot more with Pearl Jam if that was what could happen. It just hasn’t happened for some reason.”

In an interview with Mike McCready in May (2019) he said, “I hope a album comes out this year.”  He made the same claim in April 2013, before their last album dropped.  Is he hinting that history will repeat itself? Fans will find out soon.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #138 on: January 23, 2020, 01:03:55 PM »

I mean, really, we're long past asking GNR to function and communicate well like other bands. They just won't, end of story.

But this whole premise of them being blindsided that music is consumed differently in 2020 to the point where it stonewalls a release is absolutely ludicrous, and downright laughable, however on-brand it is for this band.  The recent headlines I've seen reading "GNR Not Sure How To Release Music" makes management sound like completely inept dunces.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 04:13:52 PM by sofine11 » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #139 on: January 24, 2020, 11:53:44 AM »

in a way, yes, Pearl Jam did keep their fans updated, and they released an album in a very reasonable amount of time. Band members started talking about it in interviews in late 2018 and throughout 2019. They consistently said they were hoping for a late 2019 release, but would release it when it was done.

Yeah, interviews. I meant social media and so on.

Just like with GN'R, band members talk about the process of making an album in interviews.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: