Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:50:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  OPEN LETTER TO FERNANDO
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: OPEN LETTER TO FERNANDO  (Read 41768 times)
Nightrain7
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #180 on: February 05, 2020, 03:44:11 PM »

Respect goes both ways, just look at his recent comments on Reddit to some fans. Im a business owner, and there is always a responsibility to connect with your ‘customers’  with integrity, understanding, clarity and respect. He is the manager of the biggest band in the world, his comments and treatment to the fans are just childish and rude. If you had a CEO of a major corporation responding to its customers the way he does, the board would remove said person.

In regards to the March thing, everyone should know by now the way this band works.  For the majority it doesnt suit their ideal workings of a traditional band.  Never has and probably never will.
Axl could have said March, but until a physical release is in your hands ‘dont hold your breath’.

Chinese Democracy "Get on board or F**K OFF!!"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #181 on: February 05, 2020, 03:55:56 PM »

Respect goes both ways, just look at his recent comments on Reddit to some fans. Im a business owner, and there is always a responsibility to connect with your ‘customers’  with integrity, understanding, clarity and respect. He is the manager of the biggest band in the world, his comments and treatment to the fans are just childish and rude. If you had a CEO of a major corporation responding to its customers the way he does, the board would remove said person.

You mean "he should be nice to the people who constantly shit on him, his family and his friends"?

I like how it's always "they don't care about the fans". Just because someone (Axl, management etc.) says something about some individuals.

Ever since Axl called the Internet a big garbage can, I've never felt targeted by any comments made about negative fans. Maybe it's a case of, if the shoe fits?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nightrain7
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #182 on: February 05, 2020, 04:04:50 PM »

Jarmo with all respect, he is is the ‘manager’ of Guns N’ Roses. It doesnt get much bigger than that in the music world. You have an obligation when in a position as his, to respond to any negativity with integrity. His job should be irrespective of his personal relationships. ‘Do not let your personal life affect your work life’ I think that is in every job ever in history.
Do you think the CEO of Apple, or Amazon, respond to its consumers the way Fernando does? Its not professional. And if he can't seperate personal emotion from business, he has no place in management.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 04:46:21 PM by Nightrain7 » Logged

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #183 on: February 05, 2020, 04:06:36 PM »

he has no place in management.

Quoted for truth.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #184 on: February 05, 2020, 04:45:13 PM »

Jarmo with all respect, he is is the ‘manager’ of Guns N’ Roses. It doesnt get much bigger than that in the music world. You have an obligation when in a position as his, to respond to any negativity with integrity. His job should be irrespective of his personal relationships. ‘Do not let your personal life affect your work life’ I think that is in every job ever in history.
Do you think the CEO of Apple, or Amazon, respond to its consumers the way Fernando does? Its not professional. And if he cant seperate emotion from buisness, he has no place in management.

Like I said, I don't see all these negative comments that insult people to the left and right.
As far as I can tell, he's defending his band against all kinds of misguided attacks.

What? No CEO has ever told a customer he/she is wrong? Really? That's basically what he has done. Told people that they have no clue!

All it boils down to, once again, is that these people demand respect and answers, yet they're the loudest ones posting all kinds of disrespectful shit about the band. Very little respect going in that direction. Yet they're the ones who always want things firsthand. It's not the ones buying tickets who write open letters to management or demand answers. No, it's the other ones.

You want respect? Start by showing some and let's see how it goes from there. Too much asked?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #185 on: February 05, 2020, 05:10:41 PM »

They could always, you know, just get their shit together.

Then these discussions would not even be occurring.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #186 on: February 05, 2020, 05:25:47 PM »

You know, it's easy to just type those words on a keyboard and consider yourself clever...

I can do it too: Just release music. So easy!

Imagine if everything in the real world worked like this! Peace in the Middle East! Done!

All kidding aside. When you think of the next step, you might have to think of obstacles or issues and solutions for those. Then suddenly you realize things aren't as easy as they seem on the Internet. You might come out of the experience with some new knowledge, or understanding, or you just keep repeating "just release music" year after year....

Let's play a hypothetical game. You say "release new music" and I'll give you a hypothetical reason why it might not just happen out of the blue at this exact moment: They don't want to release it right now because the tours are later this year and all the hype would be gone by then.

Now, you could say "I don't care, I want it now!". Which is a valid, yet somewhat selfish, opinion. At this point I wouldn't bother responding with a hypothetical answer because it's obvious nothing good would come out of talking to a wall..... Kidding!

/jarmo

Nightrain7
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #187 on: February 05, 2020, 06:06:48 PM »

Do you think the CEO of Apple, or Amazon, respond to its consumers the way Fernando does? Its not professional. And if he cant seperate emotion from buisness, he has no place in management.

Like I said, I don't see all these negative comments that insult people to the left and right.
As far as I can tell, he's defending his band against all kinds of misguided attacks.

What? No CEO has ever told a customer he/she is wrong? Really? That's basically what he has done. Told people that they have no clue!

All it boils down to, once again, is that these people demand respect and answers, yet they're the loudest ones posting all kinds of disrespectful shit about the band. Very little respect going in that direction. Yet they're the ones who always want things firsthand. It's not the ones buying tickets who write open letters to management or demand answers. No, it's the other ones.

You want respect? Start by showing some and let's see how it goes from there. Too much asked?

/jarmo

I’m not sure if you’re asking me to show respect to Fernando? Or just generic in referring to some fans? I never personally attack any member of the band or its personnel in any derogative way. I try to offer an honest opinion and thoughts respectfully based on truth.
Been a member here since 2007, a follower years before that.

I show my respect by spending thousands and thousands of dollars supporting this band over the years, always playing their music and introducing new people to their music. Old era, new era all of it.

From my own educated experience, i think its fair to say that a manager of any corporation has a high standard of integrity to uphold regardless of personal opinions. But I’m/nor any fan, is going to change anything about how this band is managed and thats the truth. But we are still able to discuss our thoughts on such matters, thats the point of forums thats what i love about this forum! We all get a say, opinions will always clash.  It would be nice from both sides if it was done in a more respectful way (band and fan)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 06:15:17 PM by Nightrain7 » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #188 on: February 06, 2020, 05:57:23 AM »

Sorry, I meant the people who complain about being disrespected by him.

/jarmo

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #189 on: February 06, 2020, 06:30:33 AM »

You know, it's easy to just type those words on a keyboard and consider yourself clever...

I can do it too: Just release music. So easy!

Imagine if everything in the real world worked like this! Peace in the Middle East! Done!

All kidding aside. When you think of the next step, you might have to think of obstacles or issues and solutions for those. Then suddenly you realize things aren't as easy as they seem on the Internet. You might come out of the experience with some new knowledge, or understanding, or you just keep repeating "just release music" year after year....

Let's play a hypothetical game. You say "release new music" and I'll give you a hypothetical reason why it might not just happen out of the blue at this exact moment: They don't want to release it right now because the tours are later this year and all the hype would be gone by then.

Now, you could say "I don't care, I want it now!". Which is a valid, yet somewhat selfish, opinion. At this point I wouldn't bother responding with a hypothetical answer because it's obvious nothing good would come out of talking to a wall..... Kidding!

/jarmo

The tour starts next month...you make it sound like it's so far down the road.  In any other real scenario (and we have seen it played out recently with other bands) album is announced before the tour, and then there's a tour.  It really has shown itself to be that simple.  It only gets complicated when people don't want to release it, or feel it's not ready (artistic integrity), or maybe there's not really an album at all, but just a mish-mash collection of riffs and songs with incomplete or no vocals, and nobody really wants to admit it's not coming.  But what do I know...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #190 on: February 06, 2020, 07:36:53 AM »

True, it starts next month.

But the majority of the tour is in the summer.

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #191 on: February 06, 2020, 08:29:49 AM »

It’s going to be an absolute hoot to see how these excuses evolve when month after month there’s still no word of an album.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #192 on: February 06, 2020, 09:49:15 AM »

It’s going to be an absolute hoot to see how these excuses evolve when month after month there’s still no word of an album.

You could pretty much write them all right now.  We all know what they will be.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #193 on: February 06, 2020, 11:06:28 AM »

Why say that? You don’t know what’s going on behind closed doors.... we have two legs of a tour.  They could release it before March 14 or after April 11th, June 27th before the NA Tour too.  Hell they could release it any time they damn well please.  All I know is I get to see my favorite band tour again, this summer.  Enjoy it....

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #194 on: February 06, 2020, 11:19:06 AM »

The fact that you don't like still remains, they'll release music when they want to.

I know it sucks that you have zero control over it, and it bothers you so much that you need to ask for answers about it from people you don't like.

But it is what it is.

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #195 on: February 06, 2020, 12:05:28 PM »

it is what it is.

/jarmo

Yes, it sure is.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #196 on: February 06, 2020, 01:55:24 PM »

I really dont see why this even has to be a subject at this point? I see myself as the biggest GNR fan in the world, and, music wise there is nothing i would want more then new GnR music, and the band touring. Well i now i know they are touring.. 1 out of 2. And with all the talks about new music... the big tour rolling up.. whats the problem? Ohh.. Fernando said something on reddit.. maybe to give hints of things to come, that im pretty sure he is very excited about also, then some people are all over him like he was a fucking politician promising you something. And we are still in February... priceless... Ive met the guy and all i can say is that i got a really good impression of him, and he was a very down to earth and kind person.

And why complain now? When all things are brewing and we know there is music recorded and stuff is going very well?

I really dont care whats going on behind the scenes, thats not up to me to decide. Even if i had some strong opinions about it it wouldnt make sense to go on a message board or forum and get upset about what might or might not happen. Live your lifes.. there are tons of other bands out there you can listen to, see live or collect vinyls of or whatever. Dont forget the reason you are GnR fans... the music allready made. Worst case... you may not even like the new album.🤣

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #197 on: February 06, 2020, 02:11:47 PM »

Dont forget the reason you are GnR fans... the music allready made. Worst case... you may not even like the new album.🤣

Very true.

And sometimes the ones who demand new music the most are the ones who are the most eager to find things to dislike about it.... Happened with Chinese for example.

/jarmo

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #198 on: February 06, 2020, 06:01:52 PM »

If we're thinking with our heads, and not our hearts, we'd realize that an album announcement and/or single would have re-branded this upcoming tour properly, without using coy and misleading "The Next Chapter!" taglines, that don't mean a God damn thing.

If they're not doing this now to push THIS WEEK'S ticket sales, it's wildly naive to think they'll randomly do this in in March.....or April, or May, or June, etc. etc. etc.

You make a good point. It would make no sense to put tickets on sale for a tour and only announce the album during the tour.

The indication I've got is that the band is done recording. According to Slash, it was more a matter of how to release it.

If that's the case, I can't see any need of divided attention between the road and the studio.

No, that is what you ASSUME. They have said they are recording stuff. That could literally mean nothing more than recording IDEAS. If you recall, there was recording going on for Chinese starting in 1994 and nonstop until it was finalized. Saying they are recording stuff does not mean they are actually recording the finalized takes.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #199 on: February 26, 2020, 10:33:59 AM »

T-minus a month (less if we're being literal) before Fernando's 6 month time table for an album goes the way of the dinosaur.  Anyone think new music could still drop within the next 4 weeks?  

If not, will Fernando be reprimanded for making similar comments to Merck's 2006 album promise that ultimately led to his firing? Heck, even Axl himself labeled making such an empty promise an "insane thing to do to the fans" however well-intentioned it may have been back then.  Is Fernando exempt from being held to that same standard?

It will certainly be interesting to see how this all plays out.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 10:59:16 AM by sofine11 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: