Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:34:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  OPEN LETTER TO FERNANDO
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: OPEN LETTER TO FERNANDO  (Read 41055 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #220 on: March 03, 2020, 04:25:49 PM »

I am very hopeful that the band is going to get all they go after this year.  But,

in under two weeks and they are back on the road!  peace

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #221 on: March 03, 2020, 08:24:41 PM »

I have my reservations if we will get new music.  On the positive note at least their touring peace

Rizzo160
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #222 on: March 03, 2020, 09:51:35 PM »

"I mean there’s material and there’s recording and there’s shit going on, but we’re not really sure what we’re doing with it right now.”[/i]

/jarmo

See, it's that quote right there that bothers me.

Don't they have anyone, be it management or label execs, who can help them figure this stuff out?  I don't want to go through the laundry list of popular music acts in 2020 who *don't* have this issue, but this problem certainly isn't unique to GNR.  This attitude just makes everyone seem kind of clueless, or worse, apathetic in regard to how best to move forward with a release.

Not being sure what the best way to release it isn't the end of the world.

And yes, I'm sure they can decide on what the best option is. But I'm sure the record company wants what's best for them, and the band wants what's best for them.

/jarmo

Whatever the reasons were that we never got the followup album from 2009-2014, I have to believe that those label issues have long since dissipated, especially considering the numbers NITL brought in.  

My one hope in all of this is that the label has or will soon have the album in some type of finished form, and that they're just waiting for an economical time to drop it during this tour.  At this point, the best we can bank on is the blind hope that certain people at the top have a plan for GNR this year that goes beyond just the scheduled live shows.

After the 2014 residency they were focusing on releasing the album.  Then Slash and Duff rejoined the band.  Would make no sense to release a album without Slash & Duff recorded parts.  Plus you have a Tour that was a huge success which was the right move.  There’s plenty of time to release the album, before the Stadium Tour.  Management doesn’t have to say anything.... they could drop it tomorrow... wait till June.  The silence you hear should be comforting, since the old saying “ no news, is good news”.  I for one am excited about the stadium tour, since the weather will be nice ( I live in the Pacific Northwest ) plus they are playing at some cool places ( Missoula MT & the new SoFi Stadium in Inglewood).
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 10:06:41 PM by GNR4L » Logged

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #223 on: March 04, 2020, 09:33:00 AM »

"I mean there’s material and there’s recording and there’s shit going on, but we’re not really sure what we’re doing with it right now.”[/i]

/jarmo

See, it's that quote right there that bothers me.

Don't they have anyone, be it management or label execs, who can help them figure this stuff out?  I don't want to go through the laundry list of popular music acts in 2020 who *don't* have this issue, but this problem certainly isn't unique to GNR.  This attitude just makes everyone seem kind of clueless, or worse, apathetic in regard to how best to move forward with a release.

Not being sure what the best way to release it isn't the end of the world.

And yes, I'm sure they can decide on what the best option is. But I'm sure the record company wants what's best for them, and the band wants what's best for them.

/jarmo

Whatever the reasons were that we never got the followup album from 2009-2014, I have to believe that those label issues have long since dissipated, especially considering the numbers NITL brought in.  

My one hope in all of this is that the label has or will soon have the album in some type of finished form, and that they're just waiting for an economical time to drop it during this tour.  At this point, the best we can bank on is the blind hope that certain people at the top have a plan for GNR this year that goes beyond just the scheduled live shows.

After the 2014 residency they were focusing on releasing the album.  Then Slash and Duff rejoined the band.  Would make no sense to release a album without Slash & Duff recorded parts.  Plus you have a Tour that was a huge success which was the right move.  There’s plenty of time to release the album, before the Stadium Tour.  Management doesn’t have to say anything.... they could drop it tomorrow... wait till June.  The silence you hear should be comforting, since the old saying “ no news, is good news”.  I for one am excited about the stadium tour, since the weather will be nice ( I live in the Pacific Northwest ) plus they are playing at some cool places ( Missoula MT & the new SoFi Stadium in Inglewood).

You're right...management doesn't have to say a thing...but they did.  I don't think there's anything wrong with people asking for an update.  We all know "things change" but when you put something out there, you should be able to back it up.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #224 on: March 05, 2020, 12:27:10 PM »

Clearly, Fernando has been too busy making sure the upcoming after-show parties have an ample amount of high priced hookers ordered up, and has not been able to elaborate on his album by March/within six months comments to fans back in September.  Which is so totally understandable...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #225 on: March 05, 2020, 12:54:03 PM »

What after show parties?

Just another example of you showing your true self.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 12:57:06 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #226 on: March 05, 2020, 01:00:52 PM »

What after show parties?

Just another example of you showing your true self.

/jarmo

The hookers may just be for Axl, I'm not sure.  I saw Del and Fernando herding a group of confused looking hotties backstage at Soldier Field in 2016, and let's just say I don't think they were there to headbang to Paradise City.

At any rate, I'm just relieved Team Brazil have their priorities in order for GNR in 2020.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 01:34:44 PM by sofine11 » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #227 on: March 05, 2020, 01:50:14 PM »

The hookers may just be for Axl, I'm not sure.  I saw Del and Fernando herding a group of confused looking hotties backstage at Soldier Field in 2016, and let's just say I don't think they were there to headbang to Paradise City.

At any rate, I'm just relieved Team Brazil have their priorities in order for GNR in 2020.

LOL.

I'd say at most shows there are female guests of the band. Doesn't necessarily mean what you assume it does.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #228 on: March 05, 2020, 01:56:06 PM »

LOL.

I'd say at most shows there are female guests of the band. Doesn't necessarily mean what you assume it does.  hihi

/jarmo

Lol...I'm sure they do have plenty of female guests. But with that said, I know what I saw after the Chicago show, and if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #229 on: March 05, 2020, 03:13:33 PM »

So according to you, confused good looking females at shows must be prostitutes. Got it.

It's nice to learn something new!

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #230 on: March 05, 2020, 03:28:44 PM »

So according to you, confused good looking females at shows must be prostitutes. Got it.

It's nice to learn something new!

/jarmo

When they're dressed like Jessica Rabbit and being led backstage by members of Team Brazil? Yes. All day, yes.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #231 on: March 05, 2020, 05:36:39 PM »

Nope. The way people dress doesn't always speak of their profession. Sorry.

I mean, if you see a guy dressed in black on stage, it's probably a crew guy....  hihi But relating to guests. Not really. Some show up in Converse, some show up in high heels.

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #232 on: March 05, 2020, 05:58:31 PM »

I mean, if you see a guy dressed in black on stage, it's probably a crew guy....  hihi But relating to guests. Not really. Some show up in Converse, some show up in high heels.

/jarmo

Lol, ok, fine. Well I hope the not-prostitutes had a blast backstage, whatever that may have been.   Wink
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #233 on: March 07, 2020, 10:24:08 PM »

The hookers …… hotties backstage at Soldier Field

If you think real hookers are actually hotties, then you've never lived around them in the slums, pal.  Hookers are only "hotties" on television.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #234 on: March 07, 2020, 11:14:13 PM »

If you think real hookers are actually hotties, then you've never lived around them in the slums, pal.  Hookers are only "hotties" on television.

Some us live in the real world.  hihi  I was listening to music today about the 9 to 5.  Where in the world do they work 9 to 5?  It's always been 8 to 5 where I've lived.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #235 on: March 09, 2020, 07:59:07 AM »

Some us live in the real world.  hihi  I was listening to music today about the 9 to 5.  Where in the world do they work 9 to 5?  It's always been 8 to 5 where I've lived.

The UK?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #236 on: March 09, 2020, 08:31:44 AM »

08.00 - 15.30  ok here in Norway

Make a song out of that! hihi

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #237 on: March 09, 2020, 10:17:35 AM »

I mean, if you see a guy dressed in black on stage, it's probably a crew guy....  hihi But relating to guests. Not really. Some show up in Converse, some show up in high heels.

/jarmo

Lol, ok, fine. Well I hope the not-prostitutes had a blast backstage, whatever that may have been.   Wink

Plus, real prostitutes would not have been confused  hihi

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: