Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:02:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227816 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  OPEN LETTER TO FERNANDO
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: OPEN LETTER TO FERNANDO  (Read 41737 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2020, 11:24:24 AM »

Maybe I was wrong for saying lack of respect but there definitely a lack of communication. When you do get something it is very vague and not to the point.

I got what you were going.

Frankly, it's almost a lack of respect for themselves.  The reason they take flack for being misleading at best, incompetent at worst, is that is how they chose to present themselves.  But, it's really only a lack of respect for yourself if you care how you come across.  All available evidence and their continued pattern of behavior would suggest that not may fucks are give how they come across.

Which, I tend to find odd.  But they are the ones that have to live it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2020, 11:28:53 AM »

Let's say the answer is: "Yes, before the end of March". What will happen to you personally, versus if the answer is "No, not before the end of March"?

Would really depend how high of a chair were sitting on that we fell out of in shock they took 2 seconds to answer us.

So it's hard to really gauge what would happen to us personally.  Did we bang our heads?  Were we able to brace for impact?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2020, 12:46:32 PM »

People are asking for an update like it's gonna make a giant impact in their lives. That's why I'm asking what will change.

Is this yet another one of those "If they don't ______ before  ______ I'm gonna give up on the band" kind of things?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2020, 01:13:07 PM »

People are asking for an update like it's gonna make a giant impact in their lives. That's why I'm asking what will change.

Is this yet another one of those "If they don't ______ before  ______ I'm gonna give up on the band" kind of things?

/jarmo

I don't think so [steps off ledge].  I think life will go on.  I think what people want is honesty and accountability.  It sounds like the real answer is closer to, "we have no fucking idea, but we'd like to do something" than "within 6 months".  Either answer (to me) is fine, as long as it's the honest one there's some accountability taken and perhaps [gasp] an explanation if it didn't work out the way it was told.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2020, 01:18:37 PM »

Is this yet another one of those "If they don't ______ before  ______ I'm gonna give up on the band" kind of things?

It's about P.R. and marketing savvy.  Of which this bunch is near totally devoid.

Only takes a few seconds of their time to tweet out a update.  And I guess you could throw up your usual walls and get super defensive that it would not please everyone.  I'd agree on that point.

But the inability to guarantee 100% acceptance of what you say is not a reason to stay mum.  Maintaining strict radio silence like they are the Pentagon though?  Which has worked out for them...when exactly?  Perhaps you would be seen in a better light if you appeared to at least pretend to give a shit.

Personally, I expect nothing from these guys.  Most times, they don't seem like they could manage a Dairy Queen, let alone one of the biggest acts in rock.  So when they never talk to us, I just consider that pretty much how they roll.

But it's an issue now because Fernando opened the door.  If you don't want to do any follow up, don't introduce the topic in the first place.

Life is often only as hard as you make it.

Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2020, 01:20:14 PM »

Is this yet another one of those "If they don't ______ before  ______ I'm gonna give up on the band" kind of things?

It's about P.R. and marketing savvy.  Of which this bunch is near totally devoid.

Only takes a few seconds of their time to tweet out a update.  And I guess you could throw up your usual walls and get super defensive that it would not please everyone.  I'd agree on that point.

But the inability to guarantee 100% acceptance of what you say is not a reason to stay mum.  Maintaining strict radio silence like they are the Pentagon though?  Which has worked out for them...when exactly?  Perhaps you would be seen in a better light if you appeared to at least pretend to give a shit.

Personally, I expect nothing from these guys.  Most times, they don't seem like they could manage a Dairy Queen, let alone one of the biggest acts in rock.  So when they never talk to us, I just consider that pretty much how they roll.

But it's an issue now because Fernando opened the door.  If you don't want to do any follow up, don't introduce the topic in the first place.

Life is often only as hard as you make it.

100%.

And I don't believe for a second that the record company is behind any delay or lack of information.

Take Pearl Jam for example again.  They're with Universal Music Group.  The same as GnR.  Do you think the Universal execs are huddled in a room, saying, "Alright team, let's do the thing that works for Pearl Jam...and let's do the thing that doesn't work for Guns n Roses."  
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2020, 01:33:48 PM »

100%.

And I don't believe for a second that the record company is behind any delay or lack of information.

Take Pearl Jam for example again.  They're with Universal Music Group.  The same as GnR.  Do you think the Universal execs are huddled in a room, saying, "Alright team, let's do the thing that works for Pearl Jam...and let's do the thing that doesn't work for Guns n Roses."  

What do we always say around here?  If there is two things we hate...it's money and profit. 

So with the Guns N' Roses brand being as commercially viable as it has been for 25 years...I think I speak for everyone when I say it will be a cold day in hell before we try and do anything with that fortuitous turn of events.  No, sir!  Not on my watch!! 

If Axl or Team Brazil call, you just tell them they have the wrong number.  Then put their number on the blocked calls list.  Are we clear?

Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2020, 01:41:00 PM »

100%.

What do we always say around here?  If there is two things we hate...it's money and profit. 

So with the Guns N' Roses brand being as commercially viable as it has been for 25 years...I think I speak for everyone when I say it will be a cold day in hell before we try and do anything with that fortuitous turn of events.  No, sir!  Not on my watch!! 

If Axl or Team Brazil call, you just tell them they have the wrong number.  Then put their number on the blocked calls list.  Are we clear?

Hahaha.  Exactly.  Well said.  "Let's fuck over the guys that have made us (and can continue to make us) a fuckload of cash, and instead promote some modest returns.  Oh, hi Weezer.  Come on in.

It makes zero sense.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2020, 02:01:32 PM »

You could just drop an album overnight like Eminem just did.  ok

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2020, 02:11:29 PM »

You could just drop an album overnight like Eminem just did.  ok

Been waiting all day for this.  Second time he did it too.

But, you are't wrong.  Dr. Dre did it too.  Believe Beyonce did it twice too.

Yet why did it happen?  The artist wanted it to happen and made it happen.  Releasing your own work as a major act on a major label is not equivalent to achieving peace in the Middle East.

"Like a newborn baby, it just happens everyday."

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2020, 02:44:20 PM »

In 2020, after completing the (2nd I believe?) highest grossing tour of all time, with Slash and Duff back in the band, if you believe that the label would dare hold up or play unreasonable hardball in regard to putting out a GNR record....then I have a fucking bridge to sell you.  That ship has long sailed and docked at the destination.

If March comes and goes without, at the very least, a release date set in stone then it is because they didn't do what needed to be done to make it a reality, plain and simple.  If you want to believe otherwise, you may very well have strayed beyond the help of reason.

P.S. A similar thread citing Fernando's Reddit comments got laughed right out of the main discussion forum at MyGNR. Perhaps rightfully so.  That shows just how little the vast majority of the online fanbase trusts the word of the current regime, and how little goodwill remains. GNR fans should have been popping corks at this news, which came directly from management.  Instead the attitude has been a collective "Oh, fuck off." Why is that? Who burned that bridge?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 03:02:03 PM by sofine11 » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2020, 03:11:38 PM »

All of this being said, if an album drops by March...or even just word comes down that its coming on April 17th or some shit, I will be right here giving props.

I break balls when its warranted, but also give the proper shouts out when they are earned.  Gotta be fair with folks.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2020, 03:16:28 PM »

All of this being said, if an album drops by March...or even just word comes down that its coming on April 17th or some shit, I will be right here giving props.

I break balls when its warranted, but also give the proper shouts out when they are earned.  Gotta be fair with folks.

We're both veteran fans on these boards my friend. We've done our time.  We're still here.  Anything we say, critical or positive, it's because we love GNR and just want to see them be as great as we know they can be.

If an album somehow materializes by March, you wont be able to shut me up about how out of my mind happy I am.  I'm sure my wife and friends will loooove it haha.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2020, 03:47:59 PM »

We're both veteran fans on these boards my friend. We've done our time.  We're still here.  Anything we say, critical or positive, it's because we love GNR and just want to see them be as great as we know they can be.

If an album somehow materializes by March, you wont be able to shut me up about how out of my mind happy I am.  I'm sure my wife and friends will loooove it haha.

I was super hard on GNR my first few years here (2011-2015).  And the reason was simple.  What, exactly, was there to cheer about?

We were on about our 4th incarnation of a bastardized line-up that was "Guns N' Roses" in name only.  My all time favorite band, once one of the biggest in rock, was relegated to playing Las Vegas residencies.  And other such "up close and personal" small time venues...AND NOT EVEN SELLING THEM OUT.

Shit was grim, yo.  People who wanted to pretend everything was sunshine and rainbows needed their god damn heads examined, far as I was concerned.

But read my posts from the Coachella announcement until present day.  Just about 98% positive.  Glowing stuff.  And again, the reason was simple.  I was given a line-up that could credibly be called Guns N' Roses.  I saw them in a 50,000 stadium filled to absolute capacity, and not a dinner theater.  The tour was the most professional the band ever did.  On time, no drama, delivered every night.  And the band appeared to be having actual, honest to god fun up on that stage.

If you are going to have any credibility as a fan (or even a human being) your attitude must reflect the facts on the ground.  Shitting on everything no matter what is stupid.  But so is treating everything like its gold when it ain't.

Just be honest with people.  It's the only way to be taken seriously.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2020, 04:16:53 PM »

I was super hard on GNR my first few years here (2011-2015).  And the reason was simple.  What, exactly, was there to cheer about?

We were on about our 4th incarnation of a bastardized line-up that was "Guns N' Roses" in name only.  My all time favorite band, once one of the biggest in rock, was relegated to playing Las Vegas residencies.  And other such "up close and personal" small time venues...AND NOT EVEN SELLING THEM OUT.

Shit was grim, yo.  People who wanted to pretend everything was sunshine and rainbows needed their god damn heads examined, far as I was concerned.

But read my posts from the Coachella announcement until present day.  Just about 98% positive.  Glowing stuff.  And again, the reason was simple.  I was given a line-up that could credibly be called Guns N' Roses.  I saw them in a 50,000 stadium filled to absolute capacity, and not a dinner theater.  The tour was the most professional the band ever did.  On time, no drama, delivered every night.  And the band appeared to be having actual, honest to god fun up on that stage.

If you are going to have any credibility as a fan (or even a human being) your attitude must reflect the facts on the ground.  Shitting on everything no matter what is stupid.  But so is treating everything like its gold when it ain't.

Just be honest with people.  It's the only way to be taken seriously.

Precisely, and great post all around. Things have indeed been going swimmingly for the past few years.  One could also argue that the full NITL tour was needed to re-cement their creative synergy as a band, certainly between Axl, Slash & Duff.

However, Fernando's album comments give me a wiff of the "old gaurd" way of doing things.  Now as you pointed out, that could all change tomorrow (or soon thereafter) if we get some positive news on that front.  In fact, it would make Fernando a bona fide hero.  It all depends where the chips fall between now and March. 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2020, 05:58:50 PM »

I don't think so [steps off ledge].  I think life will go on.  I think what people want is honesty and accountability.  It sounds like the real answer is closer to, "we have no fucking idea, but we'd like to do something" than "within 6 months".  Either answer (to me) is fine, as long as it's the honest one there's some accountability taken and perhaps [gasp] an explanation if it didn't work out the way it was told.

Accountability for answering a question and giving an update some were pining for?

Ok.....

And yet here we are, people demanding the same thing. An answer.

We got an update/answer, and now some want another one.....

So if there was none to begin with, they'd still be asking for one. Can't win!  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2020, 08:13:44 PM »

I think what most of us want is better communication between the band and the fans.  If you are going to make announcements about an album release then deliver your promises.

Rizzo160
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2020, 06:47:05 AM »

You have to realize the difference between press releases and casual statements.

I understand that as a manager, everything you say is taken as a statement, promise, guarantee etc. But he answered a question.

It wasn't a press release put out by management/the band/record company announcing a release date.

Just saying that there's a little difference. Smiley

/jarmo

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2020, 07:30:58 AM »

My two cents
For those who don't understand why the fans continue to express frustration as to this particular topic -
The reunion and absolutely amazing fact that they pulled off a tour of this magnitude with professionalism and focus only drives home the point even further - that it brings out all of the good we feel and felt about this band since the late 80's.
We know what they are capable of yet they've chosen to go the other route and tour on past work and some covers.
They have made the GNR name a monster once again without a single new song - that is some accomplishment but that is also getting very scary close to becoming KISS
A band that can fill massive stadiums and no one who goes gives a rat's ass at those shows about hearing a new song, they just go for the party.
If that's what they want then so be it - mission accomplished but I think it's safe to say we know they can be better than that,
as bands like Kiss don't have what appears to be albums and albums of work that their fans have literally been thirsting for over twenty years.
Throw in Slash and Duff and what they bring to the table and it hurts a little more because it's hard to fathom how they have NOT taken the next step musically.

This ain't a complaint and I don't pretend to speak for others - but I have a pretty good feeling I'm not alone
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2020, 08:46:32 AM »

You have to realize the difference between press releases and casual statements.

I understand that as a manager, everything you say is taken as a statement, promise, guarantee etc. But he answered a question.

It wasn't a press release put out by management/the band/record company announcing a release date.

Just saying that there's a little difference. Smiley

/jarmo

there is a huge difference and I can't understand why anyone would take their frustrations out concerning new music on Fernando. Ridiculous, misguided frustrations. Just my opinion.  peace

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: