Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:25:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  OPEN LETTER TO FERNANDO
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: OPEN LETTER TO FERNANDO  (Read 41053 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2020, 10:45:47 AM »

We know what they are capable of yet they've chosen to go the other route and tour on past work and some covers.

The problem with what you said is that the band hasn't said a single word against the idea of putting out new music.

Quite the opposite.

I'm sure they're quite aware that the logical next step would be to create music together again. They don't write songs to keep them to themselves.... No matter what some might think.

It's just a matter of how and when.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2020, 12:43:38 PM »

You have to realize the difference between press releases and casual statements.

I understand that as a manager, everything you say is taken as a statement, promise, guarantee etc. But he answered a question.

It wasn't a press release put out by management/the band/record company announcing a release date.

Just saying that there's a little difference. Smiley

/jarmo

I'd give a thumbs up to that

It was nice of Fernando to chat to people on the message boards, despite it being the extreme nutjobs on reddit, ultimately people were nasty and bit the hand, but it's reddit. Numpty central.

Anyway, whilst tour dates are being thrown out at a sensible rate, and words like new chapter are being used, I see no reason to get narky two weeks into the year. I'd like a new release to be given it's own window to shine, and if it has to come later, then so be it. There's a concert in two weeks, then SA, then Europe which is new chapter. So, it's all good.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2020, 03:48:08 AM »

To be fair, the record label might have their own ideas as to when it is a good time for GN'R to release a new album. There appears to be a lot coming out and it might make sense for GN'R to release their album at a certain time of the year. Green Day is Feb, Weezer is May, Pearl Jam is March, The Killers is Spring 2020, Bon Jovi, Alice Cooper, Ozzy, ACDC, RATM, MCR comeback, the list is endless for this year for bands with new albums.

I note that the S American tour is unlabelled whereas the European tour is next chapter, so that might be a clue. Maybe April could work at the moment.

LOL, AC/DC? You know something the rest of us don't?

ACDC story out today, new album soon and touring this year, if you are interested

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7905541/AC-DC-set-tour-Australia-later-year-Brian-Johnson.html
Vezara
Headliner

« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2020, 06:14:21 AM »

We know what they are capable of yet they've chosen to go the other route and tour on past work and some covers.

Its interesting how everyone is convinced that new music will be good music. I often read how people demand new music! I don't thing artists work that way...
What if they just can find the chemistry for making good music, what if they are uninspired, what if they don`t have the drive...
They said they will be making new music, but how can someone promise or put a date on art, until its done?
I don't think that delivering mediocre music is what I want to hear or buy from GnR peace
I am as eager for new music as everyone, however, I am aware it will take time beer
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2020, 08:42:51 AM »

To be fair, the record label might have their own ideas as to when it is a good time for GN'R to release a new album. There appears to be a lot coming out and it might make sense for GN'R to release their album at a certain time of the year. Green Day is Feb, Weezer is May, Pearl Jam is March, The Killers is Spring 2020, Bon Jovi, Alice Cooper, Ozzy, ACDC, RATM, MCR comeback, the list is endless for this year for bands with new albums.

I note that the S American tour is unlabelled whereas the European tour is next chapter, so that might be a clue. Maybe April could work at the moment.

ACDC story out today, new album soon and touring this year, if you are interested

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7905541/AC-DC-set-tour-Australia-later-year-Brian-Johnson.html

Is this a press release or a casual statement?  Just trying to gauge my expectation level.  hihi
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2020, 08:52:24 AM »

I like the way ozzy is going about dropping new music and album release date. WAAF in the boston area is loving it up on the radio. That could be the way to go for guns when the time comes. just saying

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2020, 10:55:29 AM »

I like the way ozzy is going about dropping new music and album release date. WAAF in the boston area is loving it up on the radio. That could be the way to go for guns when the time comes. just saying

I see the new GNR album mirroring the success of the NITL tour.  It's the first "real" GNR album since the one that contained November Rain.  That's that big fucking deal.  The very idea of new Guns album with Slash and Axl together basically sells itself.  Any promotion would just be pinging the public's collective radar.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2020, 01:57:11 PM »

Rock radio would play the hell out of any new GNR tune with Axl & Slash.

They'd be on the cover of any music magazine they wished.  Axl will never sit for a interview, but Slash and/or Duff would.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2020, 06:39:46 PM »

What I see as someone who has been a manager ( not on the level as GnR) is that I wouldn't be surprised to hear announcement soon.  Remember in Late 2015 when all these rumors about a reunion happening.  Nobody was saying anything.... Then we got a trailer in theatre's hinting to something, then we got the Coachella announcement in January 2016.  Recently we've had Duff, 4tus, Slash... not really saying anything, when the topic is brought up.  They're not going to say anything if something is already in place.... obviously.  Playing the Superbowl fest in a couple of weeks, is huge! When was the last time you saw GnR in a mainstream commercial? Plus adding Snoop is awesome as well.  Then heading overseas where Rock music is more popular than the U.S. makes sense as well.  They could drop the album than comeback and tour in the U.S. late 2020, early 2021.  I'm excited for the new chapter begin.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2020, 08:26:45 PM »

I hope an album comes out in 2020, I guess we will find out soon if this is reality or a pipe dream. Less than 2 weeks to the pre Superbowl show, hopefully get a new song.  Time will tell...

Rizzo160
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2020, 08:34:34 PM »

What I see as someone who has been a manager ( not on the level as GnR) is that I wouldn't be surprised to hear announcement soon.  Remember in Late 2015 when all these rumors about a reunion happening.  Nobody was saying anything.... Then we got a trailer in theatre's hinting to something, then we got the Coachella announcement in January 2016.  Recently we've had Duff, 4tus, Slash... not really saying anything, when the topic is brought up.  They're not going to say anything if something is already in place.... obviously.  Playing the Superbowl fest in a couple of weeks, is huge! When was the last time you saw GnR in a mainstream commercial? Plus adding Snoop is awesome as well.  Then heading overseas where Rock music is more popular than the U.S. makes sense as well.  They could drop the album than comeback and tour in the U.S. late 2020, early 2021.  I'm excited for the new chapter begin.

And, from the sound of things, that GnR appearance on the 31st is going to be televised on Fox on the 1st at 10 PM?  Seems like that would be a decent time to announce something, drop a new song....something.  Maybe followed by a Superbowl commercial or something? We'll have to wait and see.

Fernando answered a question about 3 months ago.  There's been no indication that anything has changed.  I'm not sure why people want to pester him, now, when no one has said anything (besides a questionable message board poster) to make anyone think things have changed.  It's not March, yet.  If, by March, we haven't heard anything....then maybe we can talk about "open letters" or rampant pessimism.

So, in short:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErvgV4P6Fzc
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 08:42:12 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2020, 02:03:29 AM »

Bullsh*t. Says right in the article it's a rumor from a TV broadcaster. Let me put it this way; insiders akin to Jarmo over here have said they don't know what is going on, so there's no way in hell some rando TV broadcaster knows otherwise. Also, it's the Daily Mail, FFS. They aren't worth the paper they're printed on.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2020, 02:05:36 AM »

Axl will never sit for a interview

Never ...  in this lifetime?

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2020, 03:10:07 AM »

Axl will never sit for a interview

Never ...  in this lifetime?

Even back in the UYI days, who did all the press?  Who was sent out to glad hand with the local radio DJs and whatnot?  Slash and Duff.

Only big time interview I recall Axl doing was that rambling one in 'Rolling Stone' in early 1992 where he comes off like a total loon.

I actually think one of the things that doomed CD era GNR was that Axl had no Slash or Duff.  That's to say, no one established enough in the eyes of the public to do the press for the band Axl didn't feel like doing.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2020, 07:14:35 AM »

Axl will never sit for a interview, but Slash and/or Duff would.

He did in 2016.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2020, 09:40:25 AM »

If they would bungle the SB fest opportunity, riding the media wave of Superbowl Weekend, and *not* showcase/promote/announce something new, then I'm not sure anything is in the pipes "soon". 

We should at least have an idea of what the rest of 2020 holds come January 31.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2020, 09:50:20 AM »

And, from the sound of things, that GnR appearance on the 31st is going to be televised on Fox on the 1st at 10 PM?  Seems like that would be a decent time to announce something, drop a new song....something.  Maybe followed by a Superbowl commercial or something? We'll have to wait and see.

I thought it was an edited highlights show.  And if so, that would probably lean more towards AFD tunes the world knows, right?

But we will still have a setlist, from either here or setlist.fm so we will get the full picture what went down.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2020, 09:53:18 AM »

I thought it was an edited highlights show.  And if so, that would probably lean more towards AFD tunes the world knows, right?

But we will still have a setlist, from either here or setlist.fm so we will get the full picture what went down.

I would love for a single and album announcement to come on the morning of the 31st.  

But I dream......... Undecided
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2020, 01:01:13 PM »

If so much as one new song is played, that's a monster win.  Because you only do that if something is coming. 

Nothing new played is not a death knell for nothing new coming in 2020.  And lord knows we will bend over backwards spinning how nothing new at this show is not only not a bad thing, but actually a good thing!!  (it's complicated, you see)

But anything new played can only mean good things to come.  So let's all just cross our fingers.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2020, 01:26:05 PM »

I don't want to hedge all of our bets on Jan 31, but it's certainly going to be a decent enough barometer for the rest of 2020.  

I've pointed out before how much they LOOOOOOVE to say that they're focused on the tour and will look at new music once it's done.  As we've seen from the myriad of recent album announcements from other high profile bands, the two do not have to be mutually exclusive. For GNR, however, for the life of them they cannot seem to execute both at the same time...at least if history is an indicator.

So what does that mean?  It means that if this tour begins without a release date and/or single(s) then you can probably bet the farm that 2020 is off the table for new music. Sure, it's only January, but we've been around the block enough times to understand how this regime operates.  Not to mention, we know from Sue's deleted instagram post that US stadium dates are next after Europe so touring will continue through the bulk of the year.

How/if an album will figure into all this remains to be seen.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 01:31:45 PM by sofine11 » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: