Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:21:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  OPEN LETTER TO FERNANDO
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: OPEN LETTER TO FERNANDO  (Read 41773 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #200 on: February 26, 2020, 11:20:43 AM »

LOL.

I'll have to try to remember to mention that to him. That there's people on the Internet who wishes he would get reprimanded.  hihi

That's just funny.

Seriously though.... It's funny. And unfortunate how.... Not sure which word to use here, but how you hang onto that comment and keep going on about it. Just relax... It'll come when it comes! Cheesy

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 11:25:05 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #201 on: February 26, 2020, 11:35:04 AM »

LOL.

I'll have to try to remember to mention that to him. That there's people on the Internet who wishes he would get reprimanded.  hihi

That's just funny.

/jarmo

Um...You're the one who created a GNR discussion internet forum genius. Not my fault in the years since you've become a sanctimonious yes-man since they started letting you snap your photos.   Keep on keeping on bud.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #202 on: February 26, 2020, 11:50:02 AM »

Axl needs to hug Fernando.  Normally all the heat for what people perceive as wrong with GNR gets directed at him.

Okay, maybe not hug him, Fernando does a good job fielding it when he could so lose his shit and set a couple of people straight on just how wrong they can be.  How misinformed they are.  How so not, they are entitled to information they want.  And I'm sure he could go on a total rant about a lot more stuff.  This guy ever lets go, he's going to put an Axl rant to shame.  hihi  There's a lot of strengthen in character there that he doesn't fire back.  I appreciate when he does try to clue us in and realize it comes at a cost.  Right man for the job if you ask me.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #203 on: February 26, 2020, 11:57:12 AM »

Um...You're the one who created a GNR discussion internet forum genius. Not my fault in the years since you've become a sanctimonious yes-man since they started letting you snap your photos.   Keep on keeping on bud.

First, thanks for calling me genius. Always nice to be recognized for one's intelligence. Cheesy

Regarding the rest, sucks to be you doesn't it? Wink Smiley I thought I was a "yes-man" way before that. Shit, now I'm confused....

Meanwhile I'm drinking coffee while not secretly hoping for someone to get reprimanded for a comment they made on the Internet....  Cheesy

Edited to add: When the worst insult someone can think of is "keep working for your favorite band you yes-man you!", it's kinda hard to take it seriously.... Sorry!

/jarmo

« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 12:23:22 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #204 on: February 26, 2020, 03:52:41 PM »

T-minus a month (less if we're being literal) before Fernando's 6 month time table for an album goes the way of the dinosaur.  Anyone think new music could still drop within the next 4 weeks?  

If not, will Fernando be reprimanded for making similar comments to Merck's 2006 album promise that ultimately led to his firing? Heck, even Axl himself labeled making such an empty promise an "insane thing to do to the fans" however well-intentioned it may have been back then.  Is Fernando exempt from being held to that same standard?

It will certainly be interesting to see how this all plays out.

It will only be “interesting” for you. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Hustlers Revenge
Opening Act

« Reply #205 on: February 26, 2020, 08:44:13 PM »

T-minus a month (less if we're being literal) before Fernando's 6 month time table for an album goes the way of the dinosaur.  Anyone think new music could still drop within the next 4 weeks?  

If not, will Fernando be reprimanded for making similar comments to Merck's 2006 album promise that ultimately led to his firing? Heck, even Axl himself labeled making such an empty promise an "insane thing to do to the fans" however well-intentioned it may have been back then.  Is Fernando exempt from being held to that same standard?

It will certainly be interesting to see how this all plays out.

you should maybe try to get out for some fresh air...
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #206 on: February 27, 2020, 03:30:07 AM »

Or just smoke a joint or have a beer or have a couple of beers. Plenty of new albums, plenty of live music to go to out there including ''your favorite band''. If you don't like the way it goes Guns related then fuck it. Don't go to their shows, don't seek for new single-album and go listen to The Who - Pearl Jam. They have new music.

No hard feelings.

"...It don't really matter..."
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #207 on: March 03, 2020, 10:00:12 AM »

Tick tock...tick tock....
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #208 on: March 03, 2020, 10:09:49 AM »

Are you gonna stop being a fan if nothing happens in March? Cheesy

It seems like you're very frustrated. One can only wonder when you will have had enough of all these frustrations that never live up to the plans in your head....

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #209 on: March 03, 2020, 10:16:43 AM »

Are you gonna stop being a fan if nothing happens in March? Cheesy

It seems like you're very frustrated. One can only wonder when you will have had enough of all these frustrations that never live up to the plans in your head....

/jarmo

No way dog, I love GNR.  I am going to be very disappointed in the powers that be/management's complete inability to function on a professional level and deliver to the fans in a way that pushes this band forward and not simply be a nostalgia act that wrings every last red cent out of every last market while milking the back catalogue. That's super lame.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #210 on: March 03, 2020, 10:24:49 AM »

The NITL tour wasn't professional enough for you?  Huh

I mean, it's the same management that brought you one of the biggest tours in music history....

I get it, you want new music. But your obvious inability to give credit where it's due is showing.

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #211 on: March 03, 2020, 10:30:04 AM »

The NITL tour wasn't professional enough for you?  Huh

I mean, it's the same management that brought you one of the biggest tours in music history....

I get it, you want new music. But your obvious inability to give credit where it's due is showing.

/jarmo

Sure I can, and my support was shown in the 3 shows I went to where I, get this, PAID FOR MY TICKETS.  But if all Team Brazil can manage to accomplish is booking shows, it kind of makes them a 1 Trick Pony as far as management goes. Seems there should be a bit more to managing one of the biggest acts in rock, and with so much creative potential.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #212 on: March 03, 2020, 12:12:10 PM »

Sure I can, and my support was shown in the 3 shows I went to where I, get this, PAID FOR MY TICKETS.  But if all Team Brazil can manage to accomplish is booking shows, it kind of makes them a 1 Trick Pony as far as management goes. Seems there should be a bit more to managing one of the biggest acts in rock, and with so much creative potential.

It's not unusual for people to pay for tickets. I'm not sure why you need to point it out! Please enlighten me!

I know how this works. You go to a ticketing site, you select your tickets, you pay for them. Don't worry, I've dealt with enough tickets to know how it works.  ok

They were managing GN'R when GN'R released the AFD box set...

Yes, it's an old release with previously unreleased tracks. But no other manager managed to do that. So.... Once again, it sure seems like you have a problem giving credit where it's due.

/jarmo

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #213 on: March 03, 2020, 12:31:47 PM »

I think we all are just anxious to hear new music.

Rizzo160
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #214 on: March 03, 2020, 12:48:22 PM »

Of course.

Some just manifest it in a different way.

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #215 on: March 03, 2020, 02:12:09 PM »

As of today, March 3rd, they do not seem to understand the current landscape of the music industry and how music is consumed in 2020.  Per Slash, they appeared to be downright blindsided that records are not released the same way they were in 1991 to the point where they have no idea how to put it out, and not for lack of finished material.  That was as of January. 

I promise, if they can figure out how music works in 2020, and get an album out I will give them all the credit they deserve for competently negotiating said release. Until then...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #216 on: March 03, 2020, 02:43:29 PM »

What he said was: More than anything, it’s because of the nature of the industry right now. It’s just like, how do you want to do this? I mean there’s material and there’s recording and there’s shit going on, but we’re not really sure what we’re doing with it right now.”

That doesn't mean they have no idea about how things are in 2020. It clearly states that they are looking at all the different options they have available (that's why it says how), because it's 2020.

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #217 on: March 03, 2020, 02:51:26 PM »

"I mean there’s material and there’s recording and there’s shit going on, but we’re not really sure what we’re doing with it right now.”[/i]

/jarmo

See, it's that quote right there that bothers me.

Don't they have anyone, be it management or label execs, who can help them figure this stuff out?  I don't want to go through the laundry list of popular music acts in 2020 who *don't* have this issue, but this problem certainly isn't unique to GNR.  This attitude just makes everyone seem kind of clueless, or worse, apathetic in regard to how best to move forward with a release.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #218 on: March 03, 2020, 03:03:50 PM »

"I mean there’s material and there’s recording and there’s shit going on, but we’re not really sure what we’re doing with it right now.”[/i]

/jarmo

Don't they have anyone, be it management or label execs, who can help them figure this stuff out?  I don't want to go through the laundry list of popular music acts in 2020 who *don't* have this issue, but this problem certainly isn't unique to GNR.  This attitude just makes everyone seem kind of clueless, or worse, apathetic in regard to how best to move forward with a release.

Not being sure what the best way to release it isn't the end of the world.

And yes, I'm sure they can decide on what the best option is. But I'm sure the record company wants what's best for them, and the band wants what's best for them.

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #219 on: March 03, 2020, 03:13:18 PM »

/jarmo

Not being sure what the best way to release it isn't the end of the world.

And yes, I'm sure they can decide on what the best option is. But I'm sure the record company wants what's best for them, and the band wants what's best for them.

/jarmo

Whatever the reasons were that we never got the followup album from 2009-2014, I have to believe that those label issues have long since dissipated, especially considering the numbers NITL brought in. 

My one hope in all of this is that the label has or will soon have the album in some type of finished form, and that they're just waiting for an economical time to drop it during this tour.  At this point, the best we can bank on is the blind hope that certain people at the top have a plan for GNR this year that goes beyond just the scheduled live shows.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: