Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:16:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2021 US Summer Tour (was: 2021 North America Stadium Tour)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2021 US Summer Tour (was: 2021 North America Stadium Tour)  (Read 133977 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #240 on: June 04, 2020, 11:21:28 AM »

SummerFest in Milwaukee was first postponed to September and now canceled.

After careful, diligent, and thoughtful consideration and out of an abundance of caution for the health and safety of our community,  Summerfest presented by @amfam
 will not take place as previously announced. Full statement, refunds, 2020 ticket page: https://www.summerfest.com/2020-ticket-refund-information/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #241 on: June 04, 2020, 11:49:35 AM »

Thanks for the update beer

Rizzo160
jordans
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #242 on: June 04, 2020, 05:46:39 PM »

I mean start late August through November. we are starting up local concerts here in mid July. covid isn't what they said it is. the new distraction is racial division and riots since people are waking up to the covid hoopla. I don't want to get political on here but damn

I don't want to go to an outdoor stadium show in November.  I may not be able to cross the border still at that time. 

I wish they would outright cancel.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #243 on: June 05, 2020, 12:24:56 AM »

They will definitely reschedule for next summer, even if they deemed it safe in the fall for a stadium full of people you gotta consider the weather. Would you wanna go to a concert in a snow storm or ice storm?
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #244 on: June 13, 2020, 11:11:20 AM »

Anymore updates for the tour? beer

Rizzo160
dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #245 on: June 18, 2020, 12:57:06 PM »

Anymore updates for the tour? beer
I am wondering the same!!! Motley Crue just announced rescheduled dates for next year. hopefully we get the same sooner than later
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #246 on: June 18, 2020, 01:34:13 PM »

hopefully we get the same sooner than later

Hope so.

There's two tours that need to be rescheduled. Not just the North American leg, but also the European one.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #247 on: June 18, 2020, 02:26:58 PM »

So, there's some interesting info out there right now that might be part of the issue with a delay in the information.

Apparently, LiveNation wants a 20% discount from the artists fees to reschedule dates for next year.

From what I'm hearing, that's leading to a LOT of extra time in this process, as negotiations are ongoing.

Edit: Here's the tip of the iceberg on this...

https://variety.com/2020/biz/news/live-nation-reduce-artist-payments-1234641466/
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 02:30:10 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #248 on: June 18, 2020, 08:39:54 PM »

A lot of changes that are not favorable to the artist. Hopefully the South America tour goes off without a hitch.  Crazy times with the covid reappearing again in China.  Untill there is a vaccine I think most concerts will be postponed/cancelled. beer

Rizzo160
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #249 on: June 19, 2020, 03:58:10 AM »

And it is still raging in the states because many states didn't follow guidelines for reopening.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #250 on: June 19, 2020, 08:19:56 AM »

So, there's some interesting info out there right now that might be part of the issue with a delay in the information.

Apparently, LiveNation wants a 20% discount from the artists fees to reschedule dates for next year.

From what I'm hearing, that's leading to a LOT of extra time in this process, as negotiations are ongoing.

Edit: Here's the tip of the iceberg on this...

https://variety.com/2020/biz/news/live-nation-reduce-artist-payments-1234641466/

There's a lot of extremely bad news for artists in there.

If they cancel they have to pay promoters twice their fee?! That'll lead to a lot of very shit concerts if things like illness or a band splitting up are included in that. Bands slogging on simply to avoid having to PAY the promoter not to play!

Ultimately, yet again, Live Nation are fucking over bands and ultimately fans even more it seems.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #251 on: June 19, 2020, 09:23:32 AM »

If they cancel they have to pay promoters twice their fee?! That'll lead to a lot of very shit concerts if things like illness or a band splitting up are included in that. Bands slogging on simply to avoid having to PAY the promoter not to play!

Ultimately, yet again, Live Nation are fucking over bands and ultimately fans even more it seems.

For awhile now, artists really make their money on the road.  The label system, and the move to digital, have completely screwed the artist when it comes to album sales.  They're just not that lucrative once the label is done carving out their piece of the pie.

So, albums are basically used to promote a tour, where the artists have gotten a much more fair shake.  Until, it appears, now.  Live Nation, after one "bad season", is crying poor and making artist hostile changes.  And THIS is the issue with having what amounts to a single vendor monopoly on booking large concert venues and ticket prices.

Note: Live Nation isn't intending to lower those ticket prices....they're just going to stuff the extra in their own pockets, instead of the artists.

Not. Cool. Where is Pearl Jam when you need them!!!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #252 on: June 19, 2020, 09:33:16 AM »

For awhile now, artists really make their money on the road.  The label system, and the move to digital, have completely screwed the artist when it comes to album sales.  They're just not that lucrative once the label is done carving out their piece of the pie.

So, albums are basically used to promote a tour, where the artists have gotten a much more fair shake.  Until, it appears, now.  Live Nation, after one "bad season", is crying poor and making artist hostile changes.  And THIS is the issue with having what amounts to a single vendor monopoly on booking large concert venues and ticket prices.

Note: Live Nation isn't intending to lower those ticket prices....they're just going to stuff the extra in their own pockets, instead of the artists.

Couldn't agree more. That bit about "the promoter will set ticket prices" also means that musicians have zero say in what they're charging for tickets, meaning that the gap between when a musician is getting paid and the money made from ticket sales could widen massively. And if bands don't like the fee Live Nation are offering them, as you, say, what else can they do? There's a monopoly and it's 'play by our rules or don't play at all'.

People did warn of the risks of the Live Nation monopoly, and were largely ignored.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
cineater
Legend

« Reply #253 on: June 19, 2020, 11:33:59 PM »

Couldn't agree more. That bit about "the promoter will set ticket prices" also means that musicians have zero say in what they're charging for tickets, meaning that the gap between when a musician is getting paid and the money made from ticket sales could widen massively. And if bands don't like the fee Live Nation are offering them, as you, say, what else can they do? There's a monopoly and it's 'play by our rules or don't play at all'.

People did warn of the risks of the Live Nation monopoly, and were largely ignored.

So if the 2020 concert gets delayed to 2021 do they stay under the old contract or are they forced into the 2021 contract?  If they say fuck you and fuck your contracts was there penalties under the old contract that have to be paid?

I think Live Nation is pretty much the game if you want to play.  I wonder what the change is to the venues contracts?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #254 on: June 20, 2020, 07:03:53 AM »

So if the 2020 concert gets delayed to 2021 do they stay under the old contract or are they forced into the 2021 contract?  If they say fuck you and fuck your contracts was there penalties under the old contract that have to be paid?

I think Live Nation is pretty much the game if you want to play.  I wonder what the change is to the venues contracts?

I was wondering the same thing. Is it a case of 'same show, less money'? I think whatever is going on some sort of announcement needs to be made very soon. Pretty much every other band have announced their 2021 rescheduled dates now. Whether they're doing that under these new rules....who knows?

One thing looks certain though- bands aren't going to be paid what they used to, and the burden of responsibility is being moved to them. Live Nation have got their fingers burned recently......and aggressive monopolising entities like them really don't like that.

dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #255 on: June 27, 2020, 01:58:58 AM »

I was wondering the same thing. Is it a case of 'same show, less money'? I think whatever is going on some sort of announcement needs to be made very soon. Pretty much every other band have announced their 2021 rescheduled dates now. Whether they're doing that under these new rules....who knows?

One thing looks certain though- bands aren't going to be paid what they used to, and the burden of responsibility is being moved to them. Live Nation have got their fingers burned recently......and aggressive monopolising entities like them really don't like that.
bump....I am starting to get nervous now. most all other major tours have rescheduled. damn
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #256 on: June 27, 2020, 09:24:18 AM »

I'm surprised they have not rescheduled the dates yet beer

Rizzo160
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #257 on: June 27, 2020, 01:43:25 PM »

Until you guys vote out Doughnut Trump, nothing much is going to happen. To the rest of the world, the US appears on a different level with the virus, and that is coming from the UK, the numpty land of Europe. (England really)

Hopefully we can all get back on track next year.

(Not meaning it to be a political post btw. Just want the world to get back to normal)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 01:50:59 PM by Mysteron » Logged
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #258 on: June 27, 2020, 03:25:39 PM »

Until you guys vote out Doughnut Trump, nothing much is going to happen. To the rest of the world, the US appears on a different level with the virus, and that is coming from the UK, the numpty land of Europe. (England really)

Hopefully we can all get back on track next year.

(Not meaning it to be a political post btw. Just want the world to get back to normal)

Yeah, we're giving America a run for it's money in the stupidity stakes at the moment for sure......but fuck me does the USA look in a state at the moment. It's the one thing me and my friends keep messaging to each other when we're down about the state of England at present, how at least we're not in America at the moment.

Stay safe all you guys out there.

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #259 on: June 27, 2020, 05:50:06 PM »

Lucky here in Maryland the cases are down to 300 hundred a day and 450 in the ICU.  The cases are bad in Florida, Texas, and Arizona all Trump states. Hopefully get the vaccine next year and then the concerts will be back on. beer

Rizzo160
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: