Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:04:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227801 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2021 US Summer Tour (was: 2021 North America Stadium Tour)
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2021 US Summer Tour (was: 2021 North America Stadium Tour)  (Read 135441 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #640 on: August 19, 2021, 04:07:27 PM »

I got my two vaccination shots at my local Safeway, a couple of weeks ago they sent me a QR code, that I can add to my Apple Wallet showing proof of Vaccination.  I thought that was a good idea... You don't have to take that card around everywhere you go.  Hopefully the tour continues, I know NIN just cancelled their dates for the rest of the year.
I have the same QR code. It is easy to implement.

I hope that I get to see them. But, as you said, NIN has also canceled their dates. The more and more this happens, the more pressure there will be on GN'R to do the same. There's a PR issue at play.

Ali

Well technically they canceled two shows in Ohio and a handful of appearances at some festivals, which - as of now - are still happening.

You are correct. There is a PR issue at play but it works for both sides. Some want the shows canceled and others do not.
Eh, I don't see much of a "both sides" here. The argument for them to play is from the amti-maskers, and from the need to generate income. But, I think it would be much more damaging from a PR perspective to be associated with a spreading event.

Ali
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #641 on: August 19, 2021, 06:08:46 PM »

I got my two vaccination shots at my local Safeway, a couple of weeks ago they sent me a QR code, that I can add to my Apple Wallet showing proof of Vaccination.  I thought that was a good idea... You don't have to take that card around everywhere you go.  Hopefully the tour continues, I know NIN just cancelled their dates for the rest of the year.

I hope that I get to see them. But, as you said, NIN has also canceled their dates. The more and more this happens, the more pressure there will be on GN'R to do the same. There's a PR issue at play.

Ali

Well technically they canceled two shows in Ohio and a handful of appearances at some festivals, which - as of now - are still happening.

You are correct. There is a PR issue at play but it works for both sides. Some want the shows canceled and others do not.
Eh, I don't see much of a "both sides" here. The argument for them to play is from the amti-maskers, and from the need to generate income. But, I think it would be much more damaging from a PR perspective to be associated with a spreading event.

Ali

I know a thing or two about PR. But I’m not going to debate the issue.  beer
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #642 on: August 19, 2021, 09:02:26 PM »

Ali

Ali
Im all for shows being continued. At least for the vaccinated. (Which i am)

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #643 on: August 19, 2021, 09:15:42 PM »

Ali

Ali
Im all for shows being continued. At least for the vaccinated. (Which i am)

So am i and my sister, who i will be at the Dallas show with and we will be wearing masks as well.
tormented
Opening Act

« Reply #644 on: August 20, 2021, 06:04:08 AM »

If people are honestly that worried, they should stay home.

I don’t understand the take that because other large name bands are canceling their tour Guns should too?
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #645 on: August 20, 2021, 10:20:59 AM »

I don’t understand the take that because other large name bands are canceling their tour Guns should too?
Not should, but could.

Ali
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #646 on: August 20, 2021, 02:18:54 PM »

They doing Canada anytime in the next year?
dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #647 on: August 20, 2021, 07:25:24 PM »

Winner winner!!!!!!!!!
GingerGringo92
Headliner

« Reply #648 on: August 24, 2021, 08:31:54 AM »

Doesn't look like it.. I think they had Toronto planned but it got cancelled? Could be wrong there.

Que lo mejor de mi pasado sea lo peor de tu futuro
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #649 on: August 24, 2021, 11:40:06 AM »

Nope.  They had a show planned as part of last years tour, but it was cancelled when the new dates were announced for this tour.  At the time, Canadian borders were still basically closed.

Canadian border crossing is still iffy, based on the pandemic.  They've reopened, but there is some thought they might close them again based on delta. Scheduling a show right now is probably not a great idea.  Too much risk/downside.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #650 on: August 27, 2021, 10:17:32 AM »

I was watching TV and saw a commercial for the NFL Kickoff game in Tampa https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-90QLDoWvkg. The commercial is set to Welcome to the Jungle. At the Kickoff game there is usually a small stage setup somewhere inside or just outside the stadium and a band (or pop act) plays while some of the festivities happen for the last seasons Super Bowl Champion. I was at a game in Foxboro to kick off one of the Patriots seasons after a Super Bowl and Ozzy did Crazy Train just before they revealed a banner. If you look at the day of the game (Sept. 9th) Guns has a show in Indy on the 8th, then a break until Saturday the 11th when they are in Atlantic City... Could they fly to Tampa, play WTTJ, then shoot out and hit AC?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 10:19:13 AM by C0ma » Logged
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #651 on: September 01, 2021, 11:49:26 AM »

Do they sell the yellow wttj caps at the shows?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
cineater
Legend

« Reply #652 on: September 02, 2021, 02:18:02 PM »

Weird touring combination for the next 4 cities.  Jump to the left, back to the middle, two step on the right and back to the middle.  Ought to have everybody wondering where they are now.  hihi

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #653 on: September 02, 2021, 06:44:35 PM »

Can’t wait to see them in Napa Saturday.  It will be interesting how they alter the set list to accommodate 2 1/2 hour time limit
cineater
Legend

« Reply #654 on: September 04, 2021, 09:24:46 AM »

I'm showing a start time of 7:30 for Napa.  I'm going to be late to help out with the streams.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #655 on: September 04, 2021, 10:20:39 AM »

Weird touring combination for the next 4 cities.  Jump to the left, back to the middle, two step on the right and back to the middle.  Ought to have everybody wondering where they are now.  hihi

LETS DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN!!!!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #656 on: September 04, 2021, 07:16:56 PM »

What time has WVH and Guns been hitting the stage this tour on average?
cineater
Legend

« Reply #657 on: September 04, 2021, 11:50:55 PM »

LETS DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN!!!!

That's where I was going.   hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #658 on: September 09, 2021, 01:53:27 PM »

I watch facebook live a lot for band coverage.  I have to say GNR gets the best coverage with the longest streams.  I think it's the set list.  Where other streams cut out on songs that the fans aren't that crazy about, GNR has another hit coming and they just keep coming.  Stones are coming up.  I'm thinking they are going to do a well as GNR when it comes to streams because they have the hits too.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #659 on: September 09, 2021, 06:05:19 PM »

They're taking requests....

@gunsnroses
What are you adding to this?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »