Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:29:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2021 US Summer Tour (was: 2021 North America Stadium Tour)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2021 US Summer Tour (was: 2021 North America Stadium Tour)  (Read 133962 times)
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #200 on: March 12, 2020, 07:11:27 PM »

I have a backup plan.  Who wouldn't want to be quarantined with GNR? 

Put the band in the rehearsal studio, play us some songs, talk a little bit about about the music.  I'm locked down at home.  I'd pay to watch that on the net, probably every show.  Up close and personal with GNR, everybody wants a chance at that.  Not paying VIP prices but I'd buy if the price was right.

Nice brainstorm - would be great

It keeps the band active and pulling in some money.  Doesn't help all those businesses that were making money off the shows.  I probably wouldn't buy any merch.  A little something to get everybody through.

In some ways - as the crazier this virus situation gets - it would be almost fitting for them to drop something for us during

How would they move it?  Going to have to be net driven because going to the store is out. 

Going to be a lot of net activity if everybody is home.  Will we be nice to each other or are we going to kill each other with words?  hihi  Might get suicidal if my computer gets a virus.  hihi

Just trying to keep my sense of humor through all of this, take care.

All good brother -

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #201 on: March 13, 2020, 06:21:35 AM »

How would they move it?  Going to have to be net driven because going to the store is out.  

Going to be a lot of net activity if everybody is home.  Will we be nice to each other or are we going to kill each other with words?  hihi  Might get suicidal if my computer gets a virus.  hihi

Just trying to keep my sense of humor through all of this, take care.

Digital sales and music streams have made up a good chunk, if not the bulk, of revenue for the past few years.  And the biggest physical sales retailers are Amazon and Walmart....both of which still offer 2 day (and in some cases next day) delivery.

A physical edition, for those that want it, could still be bought (somewhat ironically) online.  

And the marketing for an album would be almost entirely over the airwaves and online, anyway.  You'd get youtube and twitch ads, plus block ads on web pages.  You hope the single makes it onto stream lists, etc.  That's the reality of marketing today, anyway.  The standees, endcaps, premium eye level shelf space, and such at brick and mortar retail just don't have the effect they used to.

All that being said: I do think releasing it during the height of the pandemic might give you pause.  First, it might not be a great look...there's going to be a wide ranging economic effect and you have to take that into consideration on many fronts.  Second, you don't want the promo for the album/single/new music to get totally lost, as background noise, in all the virus discussion.  And finally....until this wraps up...one of the best ways to promo this material and get the word out is to play it live for some folks and let them start talking about it.  That's just not going to happen until the pandemic starts to wane.

The flip side to that is: You have a LOT of people who are going to be self isolating and, as you point out, they are going to be using their screens to pass the time.  LOT of content consumption going to be going on over the next 6 to 8 weeks or so.......
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 06:27:36 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
cineater
Legend

« Reply #202 on: March 13, 2020, 01:25:05 PM »

There is going to be a lot of noise on the net even with the political push coming soon in the US.  I would think GNR has some plan to address marketing on the net already in place.  They may see the increased traffic as an opportunity to push things out.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #203 on: April 07, 2020, 11:51:17 AM »

I hate to be pessimistic but.....does anyone think there is a chance these stadium dates will be held this summer?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #204 on: April 07, 2020, 01:35:37 PM »

No.

I'm kind of wondering just how fucked GNR is.  They had 3 big tours lined up.  That has to mean they had a lot of cash out to air travel, shipping, hotels, a whole new show, etc.  They are probably cash poor with bills due.  They are going to have a hard time recovering from this.  Couldn't have hit at a worse time.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #205 on: April 07, 2020, 01:47:07 PM »

There's a better chance of hell freezing over before I post this then any concert happening this summer. This fall if we're lucky.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #206 on: April 07, 2020, 02:28:17 PM »

There's a better chance of hell freezing over before I post this then any concert happening this summer. This fall if we're lucky.

I think they're going to run into a slew of conflicts trying to reschedule in the fall. Baseball is now talking about playing until late November but I could also see their whole season getting scrapped if they can only play a month or two of games. I agree that I don't see events happening in arenas or stadiums any time this summer. It would take literally one person coming out of an event and testing positive for the virus to put us right back where we are.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #207 on: April 07, 2020, 04:28:58 PM »

I think they're going to run into a slew of conflicts trying to reschedule in the fall. Baseball is now talking about playing until late November but I could also see their whole season getting scrapped if they can only play a month or two of games. I agree that I don't see events happening in arenas or stadiums any time this summer. It would take literally one person coming out of an event and testing positive for the virus to put us right back where we are.

At this point I hope they scrap the baseball season. Playing a bummer of months without a crowd would be weird. I hope the NBA NHL get to finish at least. It would be a shame to have played all those games for nothing. Summer is totally out for any left gatherings. We need to do this social distancing at least through May, even though the president and surgeon general at saying the if April but all experts are saying through May. Just look at Wuhan where this started. They just started opening up after 11 weeks and reported no deaths yesterday for the first time since January. A lot of states aren't even close to their peaks. It's gonna take about month or two. States like New York and Louisiana are just not starting to see a glimmer of hope. So I see no reality these stadium shows don't get pushed to summer 2021.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #208 on: April 07, 2020, 08:39:30 PM »

Motley Crue looks like their going to cancel their tour, I wonder if GNR will give an update on their tour. My personal thoughts are the European and North American tours get postponed to next year. I just can't see the venues being safe to go to, it's going to take at least to the fall before all the hot spots calm down. See what happens.. : beer

Rizzo160
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #209 on: April 07, 2020, 09:27:50 PM »

Motley Crue looks like their going to cancel their tour, I wonder if GNR will give an update on their tour. My personal thoughts are the European and North American tours get postponed to next year. I just can't see the venues being safe to go to, it's going to take at least to the fall before all the hot spots calm down. See what happens.. : beer

Many of the Europe shows can't happen by law now. Austria for example, and here in the UK we'll still be on lockdown.

I'm at a loss as to why ticket sales haven't at least been stopped for the time being.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #210 on: April 08, 2020, 07:29:09 AM »

Rescheduling all these tours for fall or next year is fine new a giant cluster fuck. Especially stadium and arena shows in the USA.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #211 on: April 08, 2020, 10:56:36 AM »

At this point I hope they scrap the baseball season. Playing a bummer of months without a crowd would be weird. I hope the NBA NHL get to finish at least. It would be a shame to have played all those games for nothing. Summer is totally out for any left gatherings. We need to do this social distancing at least through May, even though the president and surgeon general at saying the if April but all experts are saying through May. Just look at Wuhan where this started. They just started opening up after 11 weeks and reported no deaths yesterday for the first time since January. A lot of states aren't even close to their peaks. It's gonna take about month or two. States like New York and Louisiana are just not starting to see a glimmer of hope. So I see no reality these stadium shows don't get pushed to summer 2021.

I agree on the baseball season.  I know they're trying to squeeze out some TV revenue but I question the overall gain of putting out a subpar viewing product for a few months.

Back on topic, I hope the GNR tour can retain the Pumpkins as opener when/if it's rescheduled. I was looking forward to them too, just because I haven't seen them before.

NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #212 on: April 08, 2020, 12:48:52 PM »

No.

I'm kind of wondering just how fucked GNR is.  They had 3 big tours lined up.  That has to mean they had a lot of cash out to air travel, shipping, hotels, a whole new show, etc.  They are probably cash poor with bills due.  They are going to have a hard time recovering from this.  Couldn't have hit at a worse time.

What are you talking about? All that shit is either insured or refundable. They're not fucked at all. They might have some rescheduling conflicts next year but they won't lose money on air travel, hotels, etc.

Hell, I'm just a regular person and I've been reimbursed for various hotels and flights for concerts, a bachelor party and a wedding I was supposed to attend. I suspect a corporate entity like GnR has some serious insurance - and that's if they didn't purchase refundable tickets, which I suspect they did.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #213 on: April 08, 2020, 02:24:21 PM »

No.

What are you talking about? All that shit is either insured or refundable. They're not fucked at all. They might have some rescheduling conflicts next year but they won't lose money on air travel, hotels, etc.

Hell, I'm just a regular person and I've been reimbursed for various hotels and flights for concerts, a bachelor party and a wedding I was supposed to attend. I suspect a corporate entity like GnR has some serious insurance - and that's if they didn't purchase refundable tickets, which I suspect they did.

.....not to mention the fact they're hardly on the bread-line to begin with!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
cineater
Legend

« Reply #214 on: April 08, 2020, 02:57:44 PM »

No.

I don't know what I'm talking about.  Grin  I figure some of that is insurable but the tours weren't cancelled they were postponed.  Those countries they had flights to and hotel rooms booked were not closed or will be open at some point maybe with no concerts being allowed.  Will those businesses let them cancel and get their deposit back?  There's stuff booked that probably won't happen but is the money still tied up?  Where is the stage?  Was it shipped?  Is it some where in storage or on it's way back?  Are people on retainer?  If they don't lose the money is it still being held by somebody else?  What was the outlay for "a whole new show"?  How much did they spend just getting ready for these tours and now have to pay people to set all that up again.

They've lost money and have money tied up is how I see it.  You're an individual, it cost you something when all that was cancelled.  New clothes, gifts, credit card payments.  It cost you something.  And you can cancel because you are one.  They are many and they made deposits.  GNR is a big business, still in business with no cash coming in.  Do they even qualify for any of those business loans from the government when they were operating their business out of the country?  They're paying somebody to figure that out right now.

But I don't know their financial situation.  We see the gross these tours produce but have no idea what the net, after the bills are paid, is.  We have no idea how much the business had in reserve to start up again and what they were counting on to keep it going.  Individually, the band members are probably freaking like everybody else over their investments.  The option of individuals to help the business if it is in trouble may also be limited.

kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #215 on: April 08, 2020, 03:49:38 PM »

No.

I don't know what I'm talking about.  Grin  I figure some of that is insurable but the tours weren't cancelled they were postponed.  Those countries they had flights to and hotel rooms booked were not closed or will be open at some point maybe with no concerts being allowed.  Will those businesses let them cancel and get their deposit back?  There's stuff booked that probably won't happen but is the money still tied up?  Where is the stage?  Was it shipped?  Is it some where in storage or on it's way back?  Are people on retainer?  If they don't lose the money is it still being held by somebody else?  What was the outlay for "a whole new show"?  How much did they spend just getting ready for these tours and now have to pay people to set all that up again.

They've lost money and have money tied up is how I see it.  You're an individual, it cost you something when all that was cancelled.  New clothes, gifts, credit card payments.  It cost you something.  And you can cancel because you are one.  They are many and they made deposits.  GNR is a big business, still in business with no cash coming in.  Do they even qualify for any of those business loans from the government when they were operating their business out of the country?  They're paying somebody to figure that out right now.

But I don't know their financial situation.  We see the gross these tours produce but have no idea what the net, after the bills are paid, is.  We have no idea how much the business had in reserve to start up again and what they were counting on to keep it going.  Individually, the band members are probably freaking like everybody else over their investments.  The option of individuals to help the business if it is in trouble may also be limited.

I can’t remember where I read it exactly, but I did see something about how some of the insurance companies saying that the policies didn’t cover covid, so there’s a bit of an issue if there is a payout or not, and that’s making some of the tour rescheduling for some acts a pain to figure out.

Side note, they postponed the roger waters tour until next year, I’m hoping he lives long enough to follow through, but depending on the election he might have to totally rethink his theme. Ha. 

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #216 on: April 09, 2020, 03:35:14 PM »

I'm guessing we won't hear about a postponment untill May for the European tour and July for the North American tour dates. The corona virus will peak in late April in the USA but will take untill August to completely calm down.  I'm thinking the European and North American tours will be postponed to next year.

Rizzo160
cineater
Legend

« Reply #217 on: April 10, 2020, 01:50:25 PM »

Duff has something to say about it.  Big financial picture to be concerned about.  Not surprised GNR members are trying to take care of the GNR family and putting what they've got into it.  Not sure which pot of money that's coming out of but looking out for the ones they can.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/gnrs_duff_mckagan_addresses_financial_side_of_lockdown_we_have_80_people_on_crew_were_terrified_about_right_now.html

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #218 on: May 20, 2020, 02:50:17 PM »

Some of the North American GN'R shows are now starting to be labeled as Postponed on Ticketmaster.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jordans
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #219 on: May 20, 2020, 03:33:21 PM »

I just got an email from the Fargodome that the tour is postponed.  Their refund policy is:

Once a new date is announced, you will have 30 days to request a refund.

If a new date is not announced within 60 days, you will have 30 days to request a refund at that time.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: