Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:29:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227795 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2021 US Summer Tour (was: 2021 North America Stadium Tour)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2021 US Summer Tour (was: 2021 North America Stadium Tour)  (Read 135284 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #260 on: June 27, 2020, 05:57:12 PM »

Its really getting bad here in Texas. We've paused reopening and shut bars down again. Houston in particular is about to run out of ICU beds. The largest hospital there already has. It is so bad children's medical center is taking adult patients.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #261 on: June 27, 2020, 06:51:36 PM »

Genuinely saddens me to read this stuff. Sadly, the incapable leadership of these people is really coming home to roost.

From the state of things, perhaps it's unrealistic to expect concerts in America in 2021.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #262 on: June 28, 2020, 02:39:14 AM »

It all comes down to a viable treatment or a working vaccine imo because states aren't universally requiring strict measures to slow the spread. Masks, following CDC guidelines to reopening.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #263 on: June 28, 2020, 04:44:06 AM »

I'm surprised they have not rescheduled the dates yet beer

Until you guys vote out Doughnut Trump, nothing much is going to happen. To the rest of the world, the US appears on a different level with the virus, and that is coming from the UK, the numpty land of Europe. (England really)

Hopefully we can all get back on track next year.

(Not meaning it to be a political post btw. Just want the world to get back to normal)

Not everything should be linked to trump.  I mean, there's something about this virus that just escapes... For example I went to Romania this week... Nobody's wearing a fuckin sanitary mask (really, nobody), very few restrictions and, knowing their awful sanitary sistem and the general hygiene standards, covid really never spread there, they have obviously their ups and downs but that's it. So it's very strange how it spreads.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #264 on: June 29, 2020, 03:01:21 AM »

Until you guys vote out Doughnut Trump, nothing much is going to happen. To the rest of the world, the US appears on a different level with the virus, and that is coming from the UK, the numpty land of Europe. (England really)

(Not meaning it to be a political post btw. Just want the world to get back to normal)

Not everything should be linked to trump.  I mean, there's something about this virus that just escapes... For example I went to Romania this week... Nobody's wearing a fuckin sanitary mask (really, nobody), very few restrictions and, knowing their awful sanitary sistem and the general hygiene standards, covid really never spread there, they have obviously their ups and downs but that's it. So it's very strange how it spreads.

Unlike the Trump administration, Romania didn't sit on their asses for the entire month of February and they banned large gatherings as early as March 8th. And their first case was over a month after ours.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #265 on: June 29, 2020, 04:33:36 AM »

Not everything should be linked to trump.  I mean, there's something about this virus that just escapes... For example I went to Romania this week... Nobody's wearing a fuckin sanitary mask (really, nobody), very few restrictions and, knowing their awful sanitary sistem and the general hygiene standards, covid really never spread there, they have obviously their ups and downs but that's it. So it's very strange how it spreads.

Unlike the Trump administration, Romania didn't sit on their asses for the entire month of February and they banned large gatherings as early as March 8th. And their first case was over a month after ours.

It's correct, but Romania and Italy (particularly North Italy) are very connected countries for business reasons so it's very strange how it didn't spread there.

btw In italy we've had a huge amount (and anticonstitutional) restrictions, still wearing masks at 30°C even if the virus is at its minimum .. it's an intelligent thing to do? don't think so. And in september/october after the shitty summer we'll have in terms of tourism incomes we will pay the lockdown in any case. Maybe we saved some lives (but i really doubt it cause the virus spread already when lockdown happened), but we'll have to front an economic disaster (i expect a fuckin default sooner or later...) that usually takes some lives in any case. I don't know the US situation but i think the truth is in the middle: don't underestimate - don't exagerrate cause the virus will hit in any case and you have to pay The price. remember, too many restrictions are counteproductive as well as doing nothing. So  if trump did nothing u are 100% correct, but if he's trying to do something without blocking the us economy (which has its sad price obviously) maybe he's right. We'll see.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 04:52:53 AM by ITARocker » Logged
Natalie
Headliner

« Reply #266 on: June 29, 2020, 12:07:51 PM »

I believe that that the high American death toll has to do with the fact that a large percentage of American population ( minorities, people living below the poverty line) have no access to the health system. The US has some of the best hospitals in the world but they are not for everyone. So, yeah it's not just about the current administration.Your healthcare system needs reform ASAP imo.

Athens 10/7/06 
Prague 4/7/17
Madrid 29/6/18 
Barcelona 1/7/18
Lincoln 15/10/19
Dallas 1/9/2021
Atlantic city  11&12/9/21
Madrid 9/6/23
Boston 21/8/23
Chicago 24/8/23
Seattle 14/10/23
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #267 on: June 29, 2020, 12:35:33 PM »

Possibly, I'm not being mean. The US is a big place, and a complicated place to run probably. It's just sad to see the US having so many cases and deaths. I like America and it's people, it's a great place, very friendly and hospitable people. Romania is the same to be fair, I remember being invited in by some random family when we were there to have dinner and some home made alcohol years ago. Odd, but brilliant.

I'm just wanting this whole thing to end, it's getting tiring now. We need to get bands back out there on the road, cinemas back on, etc..
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #268 on: June 29, 2020, 01:00:27 PM »

I believe that that the high American death toll has to do with the fact that a large percentage of American population ( minorities, people living below the poverty line) have no access to the health system. The US has some of the best hospitals in the world but they are not for everyone. So, yeah it's not just about the current administration.Your healthcare system needs reform ASAP imo.

Not arguing for the US healthcare system at all here, but COVID "treatment" is basically palliative care. The average age of those who have died in the US is 82, and 75% of all fatalities have underlying conditions (Heart, Autoimmune, Diabetes, etc...). The issue isn't access to care, it's that there is very little that can be done other than to make them comfortable and breath for them. Hospitals also aren't turning people away, as there is emergency funding that they get on a per patient basis. The issue in the US is basically "give them an inch they'll take a mile". Eventually yes things need to open (I have 2 friends that have had to close businesses because they have been unable to operate since March 16th in MA and they see no end in site because of where they fall on the phased opening plan here), but even the slow opening has been taken advantage of. if you can have groups of 10 don't be groups of 50, and if asked to wear a mask, just wear the damn mask... but no... everyone has become a constitutional scholar in saying that it violates their rights to force them to wear a mask. While the vast majority of positive cases are symptom and side effect free, the numbers need to go down, and that is tough in cities where people are on top of each other. Lets see what 2021 brings.

Rate also has a lot to do with it, most of the other impacted countries in Europe for example are about the size of a single state in the US. we have 325 million people. The death rate for COVID is currently .3 percent. I tested positive for it based on a test I had to take for work, I had absolutely zero symptoms, took 14 days off from work, and even converted my basement into a makeshift apartment to limit my exposure to my 3 kids (one of which had a fairly recent bout with cancer). BUT I do see what happened to my friend, he had just made a major investment into building out his brewery with major construction costs, and based on MA licensing he cannot open. The building isn't ready for service so he can't do to-go orders, he can't get occupancy permits, he is completely underwater... for him the cure is worse than the disease.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #269 on: June 29, 2020, 10:58:33 PM »

The situation in Texas is getting even worse. We have had 5k+ hospitalizations a day the last 3 days now. We can't sustain that rate for long. Houston's largest hospital has hit capacity. Houston's current positivity rate is 16%. Of people who enter the hospitals there for other reasons, 45% end up testing positive. The scary thing is now most the infections are people 25-35. Arizona just shutdown most things again today. Their hospitals are at 90% and will reach 100% by the 4th. They too are having to admit adults to children's hospital.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #270 on: July 01, 2020, 04:35:10 PM »

I wonder when GNR is going to reschedule the tour dates for the North American tour?  Megadeth just announced their tour dates for next year, so hopefully GNR will make a decision soon. beer

Rizzo160
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #271 on: July 02, 2020, 12:46:57 AM »

With the way covid-19 is spiking again in the US i would be very cautious about scheduling anything even for next year at this point.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #272 on: July 02, 2020, 07:11:37 AM »

I wonder when GNR is going to reschedule the tour dates for the North American tour?  Megadeth just announced their tour dates for next year, so hopefully GNR will make a decision soon. beer

You mean when they will be announced?

There's still the European dates which needs to be announced as well. They were originally supposed to happen before the North American leg...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #273 on: July 03, 2020, 10:47:04 PM »

I was thinking the same thing. It seems like this is the last tour that hasn't rescheduled!!!! I assume it isn't though.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #274 on: July 13, 2020, 01:50:52 PM »

While it's unfortunate that the new dates haven't been announced, you have to remember that these are pretty special times we are in.

It will be interesting to see the tour dates for 2021 for certain venues. It might be busy!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #275 on: July 15, 2020, 12:32:06 AM »

While it's unfortunate that the new dates haven't been announced, you have to remember that these are pretty special times we are in.

It will be interesting to see the tour dates for 2021 for certain venues. It might be busy!

/jarmo

I sure wouldn't want to be the promoters who have to reschedule these shows.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #276 on: July 19, 2020, 04:46:10 PM »

Still no update, looks like it could be months before the tour is rescheduled. beer

Rizzo160
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #277 on: July 20, 2020, 08:10:07 AM »

It very well could be, i don't envy Fernando having to workout new dates for two tours.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #278 on: July 20, 2020, 11:21:30 AM »

It very well could be, i don't envy Fernando having to workout new dates for two tours.

You are 100% correct, not an enviable position. They are probably going to have to change the times of year that they are going to be in different parts of the world, which means they are potentially going to have to change venues or cities all together. These venues (especially in the US) are also going to be struggling to work with professional sports leagues (and colleges) who need to reschedule 1000's of games, and they will be the priority for those venues.
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #279 on: July 20, 2020, 05:53:06 PM »

I got an email that they will send out another email on July 27 with all the details of the 2021 tour.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: