Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:32:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rolling Stone Rips GNR For Boring & Never-Ending Tour
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rolling Stone Rips GNR For Boring & Never-Ending Tour  (Read 42399 times)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« on: February 04, 2020, 02:43:48 PM »

Guns N’ Roses haven’t announced any fun surprises for this next leg of the tour, like a complete performance of Appetite for Destruction or appearances by former members Steven Adler and Izzy Stradlin. They also haven’t released a note of new music despite numerous interviews where they promise they’re working on an album. But if this tour has proven anything, it’s that a band can just tour forever and ever on their hits and people will keep coming. We look forward to legs 15, 16, 17, and beyond. Maybe in 2026, they can do a 10-year anniversary tour of the reunion tour.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/guns-n-roses-reunion-las-vegas-2016-947513/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 05:35:50 PM by sofine11 » Logged
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 02:56:47 PM »

Sounds like they've been reading the forums.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 02:58:21 PM »

Looks like we're not the only ones tired of getting the runaround regarding new music. You reap what you sow.
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 03:05:53 PM »

Looks like we're not the only ones tired of getting the runaround regarding new music. You reap what you sow.

Breaking News: first new gnr song released to be a sequel to Get in The Ring.   rofl rofl

I kid, I kid....

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2020, 03:15:12 PM »

You can't talk to our pledges like that!

Only we can talk to our pledges like that!!

hihi
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2020, 04:33:02 PM »

Bit of honesty can’t hurt

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2020, 04:42:54 PM »

Bit of honesty can’t hurt

If anything, it challenges the narrative that it's just a handful of fans on the forums that feel misled in regard to new music.  It's nice to see a major media outlet like Rolling Stone calling out the GNR brand for this.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 04:45:07 PM by sofine11 » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2020, 04:57:33 PM »

If the Not In This Lifetime tour ended last November, how is it the same tour then?

I guess their logic is that since it's the same band, it's the same "reunion tour"....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2020, 04:59:53 PM »

If the Not In This Lifetime tour ended last November, how is it the same tour then?

I guess their logic is that since it's the same band, it's the same "reunion tour"....

/jarmo

I think the writer's point is that, other than maybe the name of the tour, as of the first show everything was more or less the same milking of the back catalogue instead of shaking it up with the new music they assured us was in the works.
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2020, 05:23:33 PM »

/jarmo

I think the writer's point is that, other than maybe the name of the tour, as of the first show everything was more or less the same milking of the back catalogue instead of shaking it up with the new music they assured us was in the works.

IT HASN’T STARTED!!
IT’S NOT “THE NEXT CHAPTER” YET!!
THIS WAS A ONE-OFF!!!

FUCKING SPLASH

/Mike
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 05:26:09 PM by McGann » Logged

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
cineater
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2020, 06:35:11 PM »

I was thinking they are trying to get GNR to give them a statement/exclusive.  Little early for that shot when they know there's time.  Little bit of hurt thrown towards the recent NA tour announcement.  RS is trying to force GNR to do damage control. 

Little bit risky pissing GNR off.  hihi  Wasn't that bad though.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Nightrain7
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2020, 06:51:35 PM »

I was thinking they are trying to get GNR to give them a statement/exclusive.  Little early for that shot when they know there's time.  Little bit of hurt thrown towards the recent NA tour announcement.  RS is trying to force GNR to do damage control.  

Little bit risky pissing GNR off.  hihi  Wasn't that bad though.
I doubt they care about pissing GN’R off, as i doubt GN’R care what they write.

Chinese Democracy "Get on board or F**K OFF!!"
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2020, 06:52:43 PM »

It is what it is. Guns has booked another stadium tour in the US and from what it seems, it could be an identical tour (or not).

I think we are getting our asses kicked this summer and new music will be played! As I mentioned in another thread, this reads 1991 all over again!

(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2020, 07:21:27 PM »

I was thinking they are trying to get GNR to give them a statement/exclusive.  Little early for that shot when they know there's time.  Little bit of hurt thrown towards the recent NA tour announcement.  RS is trying to force GNR to do damage control.  

Little bit risky pissing GNR off.  hihi  Wasn't that bad though.

Nah, it was pretty tame. Half of the article was just a NITL tour recap (and a positive one at that). They even go out of their way to talk about how professional Axl is now.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2020, 07:23:42 PM »

I hope we get new music, just do strange to announce a world your without a new album.  See what happens..

Rizzo160
Nightrain7
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2020, 07:29:01 PM »

I hope we get new music, just do strange to announce a world your without a new album.  See what happens..

Something has to be in the works here. The promoters wouldn't back a stadium run in the US without something to generate excitement.They can't play the same old NITLT show and fill out 60'000 seat stadiums. They were only doing 20'000 seat arenas last year. Two predictions. 1- The first new music/album is about to be announced (in the coming months) ft Axl, Slash, and Duff for the first time since 1992 . 2-Izzy and Steven will be joining the band for the US stadium run, the original 5 all back together will sell out stadiums.
Or perhaps the juggernaut that is GN'R  can fill stadiums by playing the same show! kudos to them I guess if thats possible.

Chinese Democracy "Get on board or F**K OFF!!"
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2020, 09:54:16 PM »

Something has to be in the works here.
 Two predictions.
1- The first new music/album is about to be announced (in the coming months) ft Axl, Slash, and Duff for the first time since 1991
2-Izzy and Steven will be joining the band for the US stadium run, the original 5 all back together will sell out stadiums.

As awesome as both of those predictions would be, we're talking some VERY wishful thinking here, especially prediction #2.  As exciting as it would be for those of who love the original lineup, I don't see Izzy or Steven rejoining for more than a one-off performance here or there.  They definitely should devote a show or two to the five originals, and chances are, they won't even announce it, just like they didn't announce Steven's appearances in 2016.  The people at Steven's shows just got lucky to see 4 out 5!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2020, 07:40:08 AM »

First show was a one off festival.

Assuming what the shows will be months in advance, anyone can do that. You don't need to be a journalist/writer for that.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mike McKagan
Rocker

I'm a small town white boy...

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2020, 08:22:30 AM »

Something has to be in the works here.
 Two predictions.
1- The first new music/album is about to be announced (in the coming months) ft Axl, Slash, and Duff for the first time since 1991
2-Izzy and Steven will be joining the band for the US stadium run, the original 5 all back together will sell out stadiums.

As awesome as both of those predictions would be, we're talking some VERY wishful thinking here, especially prediction #2.  As exciting as it would be for those of who love the original lineup, I don't see Izzy or Steven rejoining for more than a one-off performance here or there.  They definitely should devote a show or two to the five originals, and chances are, they won't even announce it, just like they didn't announce Steven's appearances in 2016.  The people at Steven's shows just got lucky to see 4 out 5!

I don't expect Izzy or Steven to do anything major on the tour. I am guilty of some wishful thinking, though, in hoping that maybe Izzy will head an hour down I-65 from Lafayette for the show I'm attending at Lucas Oil in Indianapolis. (Assuming that Izzy's in Lafayette in the first place. Probably not the case, but a guy can dream!)

VR--Nashville, TN--10/16/2004
GN'R--Portland, OR--12/11/2006
GN'R--Rosemont, IL--11/15/2011
GN'R--Nashville, TN--07/09/2016
GN'R--Saint Louis, MO--09/09/2023
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2020, 08:39:36 AM »

/jarmo

IT HASN’T STARTED!!
IT’S NOT “THE NEXT CHAPTER” YET!!
THIS WAS A ONE-OFF!!!

FUCKING SPLASH

/Mike

A LIKE Button Please!
We have such a burning need!
I would use it now!

CANNON BALL!

/pilferk
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 09:17:22 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,