Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:50:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rolling Stone Rips GNR For Boring & Never-Ending Tour
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rolling Stone Rips GNR For Boring & Never-Ending Tour  (Read 42269 times)
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2020, 09:29:12 AM »

Something has to be in the works here.
 Two predictions.
1- The first new music/album is about to be announced (in the coming months) ft Axl, Slash, and Duff for the first time since 1991
2-Izzy and Steven will be joining the band for the US stadium run, the original 5 all back together will sell out stadiums.

As awesome as both of those predictions would be, we're talking some VERY wishful thinking here, especially prediction #2.  As exciting as it would be for those of who love the original lineup, I don't see Izzy or Steven rejoining for more than a one-off performance here or there.  They definitely should devote a show or two to the five originals, and chances are, they won't even announce it, just like they didn't announce Steven's appearances in 2016.  The people at Steven's shows just got lucky to see 4 out 5!

I don't expect Izzy or Steven to do anything major on the tour. I am guilty of some wishful thinking, though, in hoping that maybe Izzy will head an hour down I-65 from Lafayette for the show I'm attending at Lucas Oil in Indianapolis. (Assuming that Izzy's in Lafayette in the first place. Probably not the case, but a guy can dream!)

Ha ha, I totally didn't even think about that. I grabbed pit tickets for that show, too. Fingers crossed!
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2020, 11:25:50 AM »

If the Not In This Lifetime tour ended last November, how is it the same tour then?

I guess their logic is that since it's the same band, it's the same "reunion tour"....

/jarmo

man...ok, we’ll  see what they’ll do but if they are going to do almost the same setlist with 0 new song... it’s just the same tour, no doubt about that... but RS is 100% correct at this point. 1 date e and not even a fuckin hint of what is to come. Sad
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 11:32:55 AM by ITARocker » Logged
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2020, 11:33:58 AM »

If the Not In This Lifetime tour ended last November, how is it the same tour then?

I guess their logic is that since it's the same band, it's the same "reunion tour"....

/jarmo

man...ok, we’ll  see what they’ll do but if they are going to do almost the same setlist with 0 new song... it’s just the same tour, no doubt about that... but RS is 100% correct at this point. 1 date e and not even a fuckin hint of what is to come. Sad

Yep, like RS said, not 1 damn note of new music despite their assurances that was coming next. Sad and, worse, misleading to their loyal fanbase. 

Who in their right mind would pay $600 for a pair of tickets to support this?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 12:05:54 PM by sofine11 » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2020, 12:14:39 PM »

Yep, like RS said, not 1 damn note of new music despite their assurances that was coming next. Sad and, worse, misleading to their loyal fanbase. 

The same people who aren't holding onto Fernando's words like it's some kind of official press release?

People who wanna have fun for a few hours?

I can think of many.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2020, 12:34:32 PM »

The same people who aren't holding onto Fernando's words like it's some kind of official press release?

People who wanna have fun for a few hours?

I can think of many.....

/jarmo

Again, so going forward everything that Fernando says regarding GNR's future plans is horseshit unless it's a press release. Got it.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2020, 12:50:43 PM »

I didn't say it was horseshit.

All I said is that he didn't give a confirmed set in stone release date no matter how you like to pretend that he did.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2020, 12:57:52 PM »

All I said is that he didn't give a confirmed set in stone release date no matter how you like to pretend that he did.

/jarmo

Isn't Fernando a manager? He should know after 20 years how to weigh words in gnr camp ...at least...  confused confused
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2020, 01:10:39 PM »

/jarmo

Isn't Fernando a manager? He should know after 20 years how to weigh words in gnr camp ...at least...  confused confused

You would think.  Roll Eyes
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2020, 01:11:37 PM »

I'd rather get info on a Gnr release from Fernando Valenzuela at this point
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2020, 01:13:56 PM »

Isn't Fernando a manager? He should know after 20 years how to weigh words in gnr camp ...at least...  confused confused

Yes he is.

I'm sure he said those words for a reason. One being he was asked about it.

Anyway, I can't believe I have to explain this to GN'R fans. After all, did you forget when Axl made an announcement about a not promised release date, and what happened?

Let me refresh your memory: He said they wanted to release the album (CD) on a certain date but it wasn't a promise. The album came out later, and Axl was basically called a liar because he had promised the album by that date!  hihi

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2020, 01:14:49 PM »

Isn't Fernando a manager? He should know after 20 years how to weigh words in gnr camp ...at least...  confused confused

Yes he is.

Anyway, I can't believe I have to explain this to GN'R fans. After all, did you forget when Axl made an announcement about a not promised release date, and what happened?

Let me refresh your memory: He said they wanted to release the album (CD) on a certain date but it wasn't a promise. The album came out later, and Axl was basically called a liar because he had promised the album by that date!  hihi

/jarmo

I remember. And, apparently, Fernando learned nothing from that debacle.
ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2020, 01:18:10 PM »

Yes he is.

/jarmo

Well to be honest during that mtv backstage interview he said "IT IS THIS YEAR (2006)" So...i don't know  hihi
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2020, 01:21:17 PM »

Aren't you the one demanding answers? So when he gave one, it's not good. When he doesn't, it's not good.

And around we go!

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2020, 01:24:05 PM »

Aren't you the one demanding answers? So when he gave one, it's not good. When he doesn't, it's not good.

And around we go!

/jarmo

It's good when there's actual follow through and not what we have now, which is complete apathy that it was ever said at all.
ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2020, 01:27:37 PM »

And around we go!

/jarmo

The fact is that they don't asnwer at all! They could say "we re going to do this we are going to do that" and stop all the bullshit.

Things like "maybe, we don't know, we wrote some stuff, axl has a lot of material etc etc" mean nothin at all and they force people to speculate about things.

But obviously they can't say "we don't have a new album, we are not going to play new songs" even if it would be more honest...cause you know...!!!money $$$!!! we have to sell all the tickets at a reasonable price  $$$ hihi
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 01:31:43 PM by ITARocker » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2020, 01:53:58 PM »

It's good when there's actual follow through and not what we have now, which is complete apathy that it was ever said at all.

What we have now is a band that's one of the biggest rock n' roll bands in the world.  ok

But obviously they can't say "we don't have a new album, we are not going to play new songs" even if it would be more honest...cause you know...!!!money $$$!!! we have to sell all the tickets at a reasonable price  $$$ hihi

Or maybe it's not true!

Did you see the setlist for the last leg of the NITL tour?

/jarmo

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2020, 04:57:45 PM »

I guess the best policy is not expect new music but at least we get to see GNR on tour.  It's crazy but better than it was in the past.

Rizzo160
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2020, 07:15:04 PM »

Rolling Stone jumped the journalistic shark years ago.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2020, 07:33:40 PM »

Rolling Stone jumped the journalistic shark years ago.

my thoughts exactly! who even reads "Rolling Stone" now a days?....who knows, maybe a lot of people do. I personally haven't in over 20 years. Now if we still had Metal Edge!!!! j/k, well sorta Wink
Civil Attitude
Headliner

"And i think you knooooow the words"

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2020, 08:29:04 PM »

Fuck Rolling Stone... lol

It was called the Use Your Illusion tour for a reason...

It was called the Chinese Democracy tour for a reason....

It was Called the Not in this lifetime tour for a reason.....

It’s being called The Next Chapter for a reason;)

It would be a colossal mega sized public relations managerial disaster for them to name this tour what they did without a plan. This management has proven to have a plan, time and time again. Let’s just wait for THAT plan to be unveiled. It’s happening, SOMETHING is brewing... the tour could have been called anything besides what they did. But they chose The Next Chapter for a reason. The last chapter was burying the hatchet and proving they could still own the world... the next chapter is new music. Or maybe they’re all becoming cyborgs to continue touring forever Wink

Have faith people. This year is gonna be stellar!!  Cool

Pleased to meet you....Hope you guessed my name...O Yeah,... But whats Puzzlin you is the  nature of my Game..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: