Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:58:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227815 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rolling Stone Rips GNR For Boring & Never-Ending Tour
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rolling Stone Rips GNR For Boring & Never-Ending Tour  (Read 42422 times)
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #200 on: February 17, 2020, 01:51:03 PM »

I think putting out TWO singles before the tour and announcing an album would be best.  Two singles will draw more attention.  Think about previous albums.  Some people really liked Better, while some really liked Chinese.  Some really liked November Rain while some liked something else. 

Put out two contrasting songs to try and reach a larger audience.  All it takes is one of those songs for someone to become interested.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #201 on: February 17, 2020, 03:01:12 PM »

The first single has to be some ungodly dose of nastiness led by a Slash riff from hell.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #202 on: February 17, 2020, 03:57:09 PM »

The tour starts in July.

You release a single now and people will have forgotten about it once the tour starts....

There's still time.

/jarmo

I’ve got tickets booked in May, so this is likely to be the same show I saw in 2017? I know you’re not a spokesperson for the band but I bet there’s gonna be a few pissed off European fans if the new tour doesn’t start in earnest until the US dates

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #203 on: February 17, 2020, 04:09:23 PM »

The tour starts in July.

You release a single now and people will have forgotten about it once the tour starts....

There's still time.

/jarmo

I’ve got tickets booked in May, so this is likely to be the same show I saw in 2017? I know you’re not a spokesperson for the band but I bet there’s gonna be a few pissed off European fans if the new tour doesn’t start in earnest until the US dates

That's something I hand't considered yet.  Is it fair to have South American and European fans pay the same money only for a them to pump out the new show & new songs just for the U.S. dates?  Does that even make sense?  You'd think they'd want to have their house in order for the next record before they launch the SA tour so everyone can join in the new album/next chapter fun.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 04:13:53 PM by sofine11 » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #204 on: February 17, 2020, 04:17:54 PM »

I’ve got tickets booked in May, so this is likely to be the same show I saw in 2017?

I don't expect it to be the same exact show. Considering the tour will visit some of the same cities as in 2017....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #205 on: February 18, 2020, 05:37:32 PM »

I think this stadium tour is likely just one last hooray for the band. They'll sell what tickets they can and then go their different directions.
Why release new music at this point? Why go to the effort of writing, recording and crafting an album that won't turn a profit when you can get millions by doing the same basic thing you've done for years?
Half the fan base will embrace it. The other half will cry that it doesn't make them feel the way Appetite did in 1987. They will be complaining about why didn't Steven Adler play drums, why isn't Izzy here, this is the worst thing ever. It's stupid, but that how people are. A lot of fans get toxic over time. No one hates new GNR music more than GNR fans. I typed, argued and tried to persuade people to give Chinese Democracy a chance for years, and it fell on deaf ears. Some people just want to be miserable. They will hate it because it didn't impact themselves and culture in general the same as the classic albums did, no matter the quality of the music.

I'd love to see new Guns music released, but frankly,  time is running out. Remember how long it took Chinese Democracy to materialize? From the first songs debuting during Rock in Rio in 2001, to 2008. And it was something that had been talked about for years prior to Rock in Rio.
So far no one has floated anything as concrete as an album title, a possible release date, a studio recording receipt, much less any songs. It'll take 10 years, I'll be in my 50s by then. Will I even care? The guys in the band will be in their 60s or 70s. What's the point? The fan base is going to start dying off as they'll be in their 50s, 60s and 70s as well.

If new music is coming, it needs to get here.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #206 on: February 18, 2020, 06:09:36 PM »

I think putting out TWO singles before the tour and announcing an album would be best.  Two singles will draw more attention.  Think about previous albums.  Some people really liked Better, while some really liked Chinese.  Some really liked November Rain while some liked something else. 

Put out two contrasting songs to try and reach a larger audience.  All it takes is one of those songs for someone to become interested.

Good point. I usually hate the first single for almost every album because it's most often chosen by the label and is the most bland and simplistic track because that's what they think has mainstream appeal. By the 2nd or 3rd single, I hear something I actually like.

I think this stadium tour is likely just one last hooray for the band. They'll sell what tickets they can and then go their different directions.
Why release new music at this point? Why go to the effort of writing, recording and crafting an album that won't turn a profit when you can get millions by doing the same basic thing you've done for years?
Half the fan base will embrace it. The other half will cry that it doesn't make them feel the way Appetite did in 1987. They will be complaining about why didn't Steven Adler play drums, why isn't Izzy here, this is the worst thing ever. It's stupid, but that how people are. A lot of fans get toxic over time. No one hates new GNR music more than GNR fans. I typed, argued and tried to persuade people to give Chinese Democracy a chance for years, and it fell on deaf ears. Some people just want to be miserable. They will hate it because it didn't impact themselves and culture in general the same as the classic albums did, no matter the quality of the music.

I'd love to see new Guns music released, but frankly,  time is running out. Remember how long it took Chinese Democracy to materialize? From the first songs debuting during Rock in Rio in 2001, to 2008. And it was something that had been talked about for years prior to Rock in Rio.
So far no one has floated anything as concrete as an album title, a possible release date, a studio recording receipt, much less any songs. It'll take 10 years, I'll be in my 50s by then. Will I even care? The guys in the band will be in their 60s or 70s. What's the point? The fan base is going to start dying off as they'll be in their 50s, 60s and 70s as well.

I'm going to say this is entirely different from CD. And plenty of people complained about Appetite when it came out. It is physically impossible to please everyone. The idea that that would affect releasing music is absurd.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #207 on: February 18, 2020, 08:09:11 PM »

Good point. I usually hate the first single for almost every album because it's most often chosen by the label and is the most bland and simplistic track because that's what they think has mainstream appeal. By the 2nd or 3rd single, I hear something I actually like.

I'm going to say this is entirely different from CD. And plenty of people complained about Appetite when it came out. It is physically impossible to please everyone. The idea that that would affect releasing music is absurd.

As a matter of fact I’m pretty sure they had to release appetite twice before it started finding an audience.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #208 on: February 19, 2020, 10:10:38 AM »

If they don't release a new Album why then don't they release a best of with 2 or 3 new tracks or release a live Album/DVD, for a band that is so big worldwide the lack of official product they've released is staggering since The Live Era album in 99 there has only been 3 maybe 4 official releases for a band that once released 2 double albums in one day you'd think they and the record company would be saturating the market with all sorts of audio and visual boxsets.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #209 on: February 19, 2020, 10:29:29 AM »

Not sure if the record company can just release things without the band's approval. Greatest Hits was released without input from the band....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #210 on: February 19, 2020, 11:20:30 AM »

If they don't release a new Album why then don't they release a best of with 2 or 3 new tracks or release a live Album/DVD, for a band that is so big worldwide the lack of official product they've released is staggering since The Live Era album in 99 there has only been 3 maybe 4 official releases for a band that once released 2 double albums in one day you'd think they and the record company would be saturating the market with all sorts of audio and visual boxsets.

No thanks
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #211 on: February 19, 2020, 03:14:38 PM »

I wonder if the struggling US ticket sales will expedite some kind of announcement or perhaps a single?  I have to think there is some kind of plan in place in that regard, but can't understand it coming at the 11th hour where it's existence wouldn't really do much in the way of boosting struggling ticket sales.

I don't understand why ticket sales are struggling. According to Trump, the US is having the greatest economic expansion in its history. Blacks are better off, the poor are better, the rich are richer. We are all rolling in money all due to our wonderful King, Mr. Trump. So how come people are so price conscious and ticket sales are slow in some venues?

(For the record, I am being totally sarcastic. Trump is a serial liar and a fool. He has surrounded himself with sycophants who tell him everything is great when in fact the opposite is true.)

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #212 on: February 19, 2020, 03:18:06 PM »

Ok, ok....

This isn't gonna turn into a Trump thread by the way.....

So if anyone is thinking about replying to the above, please use the thread in The Jungle!

/jarmo

dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #213 on: February 19, 2020, 10:11:42 PM »

Ok, ok....

So if anyone is thinking about replying to the above, please use the thread in The Jungle!

/jarmo

thank you Jarmo!!!!! that could of gotten ugly
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #214 on: February 23, 2020, 02:11:37 AM »

Ok, ok....

/jarmo

thank you Jarmo!!!!! that could of gotten ugly

Hey now, don't be such a pessimist, it could still get ugly yet!

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #215 on: March 05, 2020, 02:56:58 PM »

So...What's the point of this upcoming tour exactly?  I mean, I know initially we were sold the premise that they'd be touring to support new music in 2020, but now that the old GNR "bait and switch" is in full effect, are they just touring just for the sake of touring?  Which is fine, it'd just be nice if they had the balls to come out and say it.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #216 on: March 05, 2020, 03:14:21 PM »

What?

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #217 on: March 05, 2020, 04:01:02 PM »

What?

/jarmo

Allow me to elaborate. Both Slash and Fernando made numerous comments throughout 2019 that led fans to believe that any touring/activity in 2020 would be in support of new music. When this tour was announced they intentionally kept the promotion (The Next Chapter!) just vague and coy enough to convince some poor souls to pay the insane price of tickets in vain hope that maybe, just maybe, this tour would be something special/different.

With the world tour launching next week and still not a damn word on the new music front, we know better now, don't we?  That's what you call a "bait and switch" and it reeks of cowardice, unproffessionalism, and desperation to milk the fanbase you're well aware is hungry for new music, 12 years after Chinese Democracy.  I'll always love GNR's music, but that's just not an attitude that I, or anyone for that matter, should support.  

And honestly, that ticket sales are wildly underperforming, and now with rumors of outright cancellation due to Coronavirus, that is karma working at it's best.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 04:59:35 PM by sofine11 » Logged
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #218 on: March 05, 2020, 04:23:06 PM »

What?

/jarmo

Allow me to elaborate. Both Slash and Fernando made numerous comments throughout 2019 that led fans to believe that any touring/activity in 2020 would be in support of new music. When this tour was announced they intentionally kept the promotion (The Next Chapter!) just vague and coy enough to convince some poor souls to pay the insane price of tickets in vain hope that maybe, just maybe, this tour would be something special/different.

With the world tour launching next week and still not a damn word on the new music front, we know better now, don't we?  That's what you call a "bait and switch" and it reeks of cowardice, unproffessionalism, and desperation to milk the fanbase you're well aware is hungry for new music, 12 years after Chinese Democracy.  I'll always love GNR's music, but that's just not an attitude I can support.

I read “the next chapter” to mean that it’s being treated like a reformed Guns N’ Roses. nITL was the grand experiment to see how everyone would get along. It was successful, so now it’s about being a cooperative band again and seeing where that goes. doesn’t specifically mean new music, but could mean new music.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #219 on: March 05, 2020, 04:52:50 PM »

What?

/jarmo

With the world tour launching next week and still not a damn word on the new music front, we know better now, don't we?  That's what you call a "bait and switch" and it reeks of cowardice, unproffessionalism, and desperation to milk the fanbase you're well aware is hungry for new music, 12 years after Chinese Democracy.  I'll always love GNR's music, but that's just not an attitude I can support.

I read “the next chapter” to mean that it’s being treated like a reformed Guns N’ Roses. nITL was the grand experiment to see how everyone would get along. It was successful, so now it’s about being a cooperative band again and seeing where that goes. doesn’t specifically mean new music, but could mean new music.

It could mean a myriad of things, and that was the point.  Pretty ball-less way to hype a tour you know is just going to be a retread of the last four years.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: