Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:12:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2000’s lineup.
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2000’s lineup.  (Read 9314 times)
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« on: February 04, 2020, 03:53:43 PM »

I went back and watched Rock n Rio from 2001, and I gotta say, those guys played very well!  We didn’t know what we had at that time, and what exactly was even going on.  However, those guys were very talented and under appreciated.  They never got the credit they deserved because it wasn’t the original band (and they didn’t “look” GNR), but they were so friggen good.  Buckethead is simply an amazing player and brought some really cool stuff to GNR (Chinese, and leaks).  Tommy was great!  Brain was a fantastic drummer, and Finck was legit (Better fits on a greatest hits album in my mind). 

Here’s a salute to those of us who enjoyed that band and appreciated the talent! 🥂 Welcome To The Jungle from that concert is still my favorite Jungle ever!

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 04:58:15 PM »

That RIR III show has a vibe unlike any other. That giant stage. The feedback. You can sense the anticipation amongst the massive crowd while the intros play, and then they completely erupt during Jungle. You almost get the impression that the band, including Axl, were a little taken aback by that level of intensity. That band was great, and only lasted a couple years. Was probably too much of a mix of styles and personalities to go any further. But at least we got an album out of it (eventually).
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 06:42:33 PM »

Been a long time since I saw that, but I remember quite the excitement - and Axl's long Jungle scream to set things off.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 07:43:05 PM »

That RIR III show has a vibe unlike any other. That giant stage. The feedback. You can sense the anticipation amongst the massive crowd while the intros play, and then they completely erupt during Jungle. You almost get the impression that the band, including Axl, were a little taken aback by that level of intensity. That band was great, and only lasted a couple years. Was probably too much of a mix of styles and personalities to go any further. But at least we got an album out of it (eventually).

Yes, many things made that a great show and performance.  Crowd, anticipation, seeing Axl for first time in years, Buckethead, energy, great voice and screams! 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2020, 09:37:56 PM »

GET THAT GUY OUT OF HERE!  THAT GUY RIGHT THERE!  ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME, MR. SECURITY MAN??

THAT GUY...

GONE!

Now hand me that shirt.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 10:31:53 PM by Bridge » Logged
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2020, 06:24:55 AM »

Maybe they could reunite and put  out another record?

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2020, 06:34:41 AM »

2002 Nightrain is my favourite version of it over the years. I loved the shows I got to see in that era. So exciting and dynamic.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2020, 06:46:44 AM »

Remember it as the first taste of Gnr I had gotten after too long.
Was quite impressed with this show and it had a few new songs to chomp on (Perish the thought)
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2020, 03:42:39 PM »

Maybe they could reunite and put  out another record?

Probably happening in some alternate universe right now.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2020, 03:45:07 PM »

Listening to RIR3 on a RealAudio stream in the middle of the night.... No live streams, social media.... Things were tough back then!  hihi

With that said, all line ups of the band have been very talented and entertaining to watch.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2020, 03:56:13 PM »

Listening to RIR3 on a RealAudio stream in the middle of the night.... No live streams, social media.... Things were tough back then!  hihi

With that said, all line ups of the band have been very talented and entertaining to watch.

/jarmo

I remember i downloaded almost all the videos with my 56 k (lol) from gnrfrance if i remember correctly...it took a lifetime  hihi hihi The first video was live and let die and i was thinking "nice hair axl"...fuck i'm old
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2020, 04:46:33 PM »

fuck i'm old

Probably about 19 years older than at the time....  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2020, 05:07:02 PM »

Buckethead is really the only thing I miss of that era.  He was crazy talented.

You listen to that early TWAT leak without him.  Then the finished product.  Night and day.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2020, 07:26:55 PM »

Listening to RIR3 on a RealAudio stream in the middle of the night.... No live streams, social media.... Things were tough back then!  hihi

/jarmo

I remember i downloaded almost all the videos with my 56 k (lol) from gnrfrance if i remember correctly...it took a lifetime  hihi hihi The first video was live and let die and i was thinking "nice hair axl"...fuck i'm old

fuck i'm old

Probably about 19 years older than at the time....  hihi

/jarmo

Buckethead is really the only thing I miss of that era.  He was crazy talented.

You listen to that early TWAT leak without him.  Then the finished product.  Night and day.
I loved this line-up and show also. I remember I bought a vhs copy of it a week after from some guy that recorded it from local tv. I wonder if I still have that some place?Huh
alcapone_dudu
Rocker

Black Frog

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2020, 09:25:15 AM »

Yes, that lineup was great. I thank Axl for revealing Robin Finck to me. Aside from Slash the greatest guitarist that ever was in GN'R.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2020, 09:30:19 AM »

Yes, that lineup was great. I thank Axl for revealing Robin Finck to me. Aside from Slash the greatest guitarist that ever was in GN'R.

You must mean besides the legend of Huge
outlawaxl
Rocker

The King of Kings

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2020, 03:18:36 PM »

It was a great show! Streamed it live on 56k dial up modem! Axl went off on Xozi during his internet rant. She got hounded on the 2 thousand intention boards where she was a frequent poster. Seeing Paul Huge play the opening to PC was pretty cool at the time. Axl was back with a new band and it was very exciting! Probably watched that show on VHS once a week for several years back then.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2020, 10:47:18 PM »

It was a great show! Streamed it live on 56k dial up modem! Axl went off on Xozi during his internet rant. She got hounded on the 2 thousand intention boards where she was a frequent poster. Seeing Paul Huge play the opening to PC was pretty cool at the time. Axl was back with a new band and it was very exciting! Probably watched that show on VHS once a week for several years back then.

She had been banned from 2TI by that time but yeah I was floored when he mentioned her.  We blew up the chatroom.  That was a great show and a very exciting time.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2020, 12:24:09 AM »

Axl went off on Xozi during his internet rant.

Xozi was a board member HERE on this very board at the time.  When we confronted her about the Rio 2001 rant, she denied that Axl said anything about her, telling us we all heard Axl wrong!   rofl rofl  She kept calling us "deaf dumbos".   hihi
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 12:27:55 AM by Bridge » Logged
outlawaxl
Rocker

The King of Kings

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2020, 07:55:42 AM »

Xozi was a board member HERE on this very board at the time.  When we confronted her about the Rio 2001 rant, she denied that Axl said anything about her, telling us we all heard Axl wrong!   rofl rofl  She kept calling us "deaf dumbos".   hihi

Ha! That's what she was saying on 2Ti. She's prob changed her name and still around here.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2020, 10:08:04 AM »

Xozi was a board member HERE on this very board at the time.  When we confronted her about the Rio 2001 rant, she denied that Axl said anything about her, telling us we all heard Axl wrong!   rofl rofl  She kept calling us "deaf dumbos".   hihi

Ha! That's what she was saying on 2Ti. She's prob changed her name and still around here.

It was Queenie that ended every sentence with make haste that annoyed the fuck out of me.  Glad that person left with Xozi.  Xozi was my first internet bully and troll.  Not as annoying as one would think.  I, like Axl, found her a little bit comical but not worth talking to.  

Er, Axl didn't really like 2TI.  I miss it like the sun.  Some really good people on that board.  Never without a good time if you hung out in the garden, totally out of control.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 10:31:45 AM by cineater » Logged

outlawaxl
Rocker

The King of Kings

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2020, 01:00:02 PM »

Xozi was a board member HERE on this very board at the time.  When we confronted her about the Rio 2001 rant, she denied that Axl said anything about her, telling us we all heard Axl wrong!   rofl rofl  She kept calling us "deaf dumbos".   hihi

It was Queenie that ended every sentence with make haste that annoyed the fuck out of me.  Glad that person left with Xozi.  Xozi was my first internet bully and troll.  Not as annoying as one would think.  I, like Axl, found her a little bit comical but not worth talking to.  

Er, Axl didn't really like 2TI.  I miss it like the sun.  Some really good people on that board.  Never without a good time if you hung out in the garden, totally out of control.

I forgot about that dude! Right, the way those two would always profess their love for each other and annoy all the other posters. Other than those two, that was a great message board.  It was a great board, because it was really the only board around at the time.  Always dug this one and CD.com as well.

Cant believe that board and the RIR3 shows were 20 years ago. They were exciting times.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2020, 07:34:06 PM »

I forgot about that dude! Right, the way those two would always profess their love for each other and annoy all the other posters. Other than those two, that was a great message board.  It was a great board, because it was really the only board around at the time.  Always dug this one and CD.com as well.

Cant believe that board and the RIR3 shows were 20 years ago. They were exciting times.

There was the GNR Bar, great group of folks there too.  Undone had a board but I don't remember what it was called, might have morphed into CD.com?  But it was very exciting time in GNR history.

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2020, 03:20:10 PM »

I still remember downloading this show on my dial-up internet back in the day hihi

Start the download before bed and wake up to a GN'R show smoking

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2020, 07:13:42 AM »

I still remember downloading this show on my dial-up internet back in the day hihi

Start the download before bed and wake up to a GN'R show smoking

.....and absolutely furious parents!

They went absolutely bonkers when I started doing all that on their phone-bill!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2020, 08:30:03 AM »

Oh yeah. Back when you had to pay for using the Internet by the time spent online... Dial up Internet, one thing you can't say "things were better in the old days" about....   hihi

/jarmo

ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2020, 11:56:54 AM »

Oh yeah. Back when you had to pay for using the Internet by the time spent online... Dial up Internet, one thing you can't say "things were better in the old days" about....   hihi

/jarmo

I think my parents will never forget the first phone bill. On the other side I forgot about it... because of the beating... hihi hihi hihi
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2020, 12:02:25 PM »

/jarmo

Operative word being 'you' there......it was 'they' for me!

Yeah, it's DEFINITELY something that's better now!

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2020, 12:04:02 PM »

/jarmo

I think my parents will never forget the first phone bill. On the other side I forgot about it... because of the beating... hihi hihi hihi

It's up there with 'exam results day' 'being caught throwing mud at the old lady across the street's window' and 'throwing the tomato sauce at my sister, it smashing on the wall and covering the cat' in the times I've seen my Dad most angry!

Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2020, 03:33:35 AM »

This reminds me of how I was given the laptop of my English teacher back in the days. He gave it on loan so I can study the test exams online (yes, with dialing the phone). Instead, I was trying to download the GN'R concert and on top of that I spill beer on his laptop ending with furious English teacher and even more furious mam and dad.  hihi

"...It don't really matter..."
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2020, 04:35:46 PM »

reading this gives me the envy to skeet shoot AOL cds

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: