Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:32:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227816 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Smashing Pumpkins is announced as support!
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Smashing Pumpkins is announced as support!  (Read 8406 times)
dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2020, 11:47:05 PM »

should be Interesting. was hoping for Sebastian again or some type of skid row reunion Wink , but oh well. this show is gonna fucking rock
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2020, 01:37:32 AM »

[/quote]

I think given this, their status as 'support band' might have come a lot cheaper than imagined. They're just not a live draw anymore in the eyes of most, sadly.

Forbes came up with five reasons for poor sales, which was quite interesting - a few GNR references actually.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bryanrolli/2018/02/27/smashing-pumpkins-reunion-tour-selling-poorly/
[/quote]

Thanks for the link. I didn't realize that this tour didn't sell all that well but the writer makes some good points. On a side note: One thing I remember about it is that they covered Stairway to Heaven. That's a pretty bold move. Haha. And it actually didn't sound too bad.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2020, 08:01:50 AM »

Their last album ( or EP as some refer it to as ) Solara was disappointing. Corgan admitted it was a bit of a rush job. Lets hope the new stuff they are working on turns out better., 

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2020, 06:54:01 PM »

Just as Axl Rose’s volatile behavior and no-show tendencies reduced Guns N’ Roses to a theater act near the beginning of this decade, Corgan’s antics have alienated a large segment of fans. And just like Rose checked his diva tendencies at the door on GN’R’s massively successful reunion tour, Corgan’s got to prove to fans that he’s a stable team player who’s worth rooting for if he wants this tour to flourish.

The importance of this cannot be overstated.  The most volatile man in the entire rock universe hasn't been a hint of problem for 4 solid years.

The results speak for themselves.  Axl is headlining stadiums, and Billy is opening for him.

It's great to see.  I could not be happier with how they are perceived in terms of being a truly big time operation.  I loathed my all time favorite band playing "up close and personal venues" <wink>.  That's not Guns N' Roses.  Maybe it was in 1987 on the way up.  But embarrassing in present day.

But Guns N' Roses is the big leagues.  It's stadiums.  It's world tours.  And that happens when you commit to being a professional operation that delivers every night.

I am loving this era of the band.  1987-1993.  April 1st, 2016 until today.  That's my band.

"Gonna tell my kids this was Guns N' Roses..."

ok

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2020, 07:06:18 PM »

Just as Axl Rose’s volatile behavior and no-show tendencies reduced Guns N’ Roses to a theater act near the beginning of this decade, Corgan’s antics have alienated a large segment of fans. And just like Rose checked his diva tendencies at the door on GN’R’s massively successful reunion tour, Corgan’s got to prove to fans that he’s a stable team player who’s worth rooting for if he wants this tour to flourish.

The importance of this cannot be overstated.  The most volatile man in the entire rock universe hasn't been a hint of problem for 4 solid years.

The results speak for themselves.  Axl is headlining stadiums, and Billy is opening for him.

It's great to see.  I could not be happier with how they are perceived in terms of being a truly big time operation.  I loathed my all time favorite band playing "up close and personal venues" <wink>.  That's not Guns N' Roses.  Maybe it was in 1987 on the way up.  But embarrassing in present day.

But Guns N' Roses is the big leagues.  It's stadiums.  It's world tours.  And that happens when you commit to being a professional operation that delivers every night.

I am loving this era of the band.  1987-1993.  April 1st, 2016 until today.  That's my band.

"Gonna tell my kids this was Guns N' Roses..."

ok

Do we really think it's sustainable though? Even with future new albums and whatnot, they're not going to be on top of the world like they were in 1992. NITL is probably the peak success they can ever achieve again for obvious reasons. A rock band that was most relevant 30 years ago isn't going to sell out stadiums straight though 2030. Unless they magically come up with a legit modern hit song like Foo Fighters have managed to (repeatedly) despite their long career.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2020, 07:19:59 PM »

Do we really think it's sustainable though? Even with future new albums and whatnot, they're not going to be on top of the world like they were in 1992. NITL is probably the peak success they can ever achieve again for obvious reasons. A rock band that was most relevant 30 years ago isn't going to sell out stadiums straight though 2030. Unless they magically come up with a legit modern hit song like Foo Fighters have managed to (repeatedly) despite their long career.

I am surprised at a second round of stadiums. 

Figured that was a one time thing, then arenas for life.  Even never releasing another song.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2020, 08:31:45 PM »

Does anyone know when the new Smashing Pumpkins album is coming out?

Rizzo160
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2020, 09:49:56 PM »

Does anyone know when the new Smashing Pumpkins album is coming out?

I just read an interview with BC in the Tennessean out of Nashville yesterday and it should be soon. Said he’s recording there and they have 21 songs ready to go or almost ready.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2020, 09:51:20 PM »

Thanks 😊

Rizzo160
dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2020, 10:21:13 PM »

to be honest, this is the best combo package for the summer in my opinion. GNR/Pumpkins> Crue/Def Lep, Alice Cooper/Lita Ford, Korn/FNM, Megadeth/LOG....etc. the 1-2 here is awesome
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2020, 10:49:47 AM »

TBH, the pumpkins do little for me, would sooner see The Enemy, ok different genre, but a fine band nonetheless.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2020, 12:15:32 PM »

To each their own - but regardless, the Pumpkins do have mass appeal.
Those who will go to these shows to just hear Gnr songs from their heyday likely will not be too disappointed to learn the Pumpkins are opening for them as opposed to a lesser known band getting a break.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2020, 11:44:22 AM »

And SP are releasing a new album this year ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: