Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:28:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  BUY Product
| | |-+  The largest collection of GN'R articles you will ever find
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The largest collection of GN'R articles you will ever find  (Read 16422 times)
Soul Monster
Headliner

« on: February 14, 2020, 07:04:03 AM »

Over at Appetite for Discussion we are trying to build a comprehensive database of GN'R articles and interviews. It can be found here: http://www.a-4-d.com/t2861-interview-and-article-index
So far the index only contains articles up to 1997, but the database has the complete set. I am sure you will find lots of new interviews and articles you have never seen before (because we have found them ourselves using various newspaper and magazine subscriptions). We also transcribe every video and audio interview. So hopefully this will be your source to reading primary sources on Guns N' Roses.

If you have any interviews not currently contained in the indexed portion of the site, then we would be very happy if you could send them to us. Again, we intend for this to be a comprehensive collection and I think we have already exceeded beyond our own expectations when we started this work.

Secondly, our site also contains a history of the band as heard through the band members own quotes. The idea is to present a slightly different take on a biography, and using the large collection of interviews that we have. I am the guy putting this history together, and the formatting is a bit all over the place and it currently only contains quotes up to 1997, but as I continue this work I think it will be the definite source to the history of the band. Granted, it will not be an easy read, and not something worth publishing (not that I intend to, this is for free for all of my fellow fans), but hopefully it can be a source to look up whenever someone wants to know more about what happened to the band. Authors could also use it as a source when writing their history of the band. The index to the history section can be found here: http://www.a-4-d.com/t3987-history-index

Since this is based on what the band members have said, it might not be the most unbiased story of the band. What they have been asked, and what they have decided to say, will reflect the content. To somewhat compensate for this, I also include quotes from key people around the band, and key people who were there when events unfolded. I try to avoid subjective opinions and drawing too much conclusions, instead hoping the quotes themselves will tell the story and that each reader can form their own conclusions. On some events quotes are contradictory, and I try to make this clear.

I also try to be as impartial as possible.

Hope you guys will get something out of the site, and again, if you have some articles or interviews not currently in our collection, please reach out Smiley
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 11:49:30 AM by Soul Monster » Logged
Soul Monster
Headliner

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2021, 12:28:32 PM »

It's been about 18 months since I posted this and  just wanted to give a short update.

The interview collection now covers interviews up to June 2010: https://www.a-4-d.com/t2861-interview-and-article-index#23215

The history section now goes to April 2010: https://www.a-4-d.com/t4924-02-global-index

I hope people find our work interesting.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: