Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:53:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Covid-19 (not gnr related)
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Covid-19 (not gnr related)  (Read 150311 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #340 on: May 11, 2020, 11:07:54 PM »

Yikes, hope you don't test positive.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #341 on: May 12, 2020, 04:30:34 PM »

Did I mention the nicotine study?  They found that wearing the nicotine patch might kill the virus, more study needed before any conclusions.  I've said this for years, I'm rarely sick because I smoke.  The nicotine kills it going in.  That's just a lie I tell myself but I got a little chuckle out of the study.

I'm okay so far but they are tearing up my bathrooms and the mold smell is really bad.  I had to sleep on the couch last night with all the doors closed and the fans on.  Plus we lost an elderly neighbor last night from natural causes.  It's getting a little freaky.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #342 on: May 12, 2020, 10:50:41 PM »

Wow you sure do have a lot going on right now.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #343 on: May 12, 2020, 11:18:25 PM »

I know!  hihi  I was actually enjoying being held up at home all by myself.  I'm sick of zoom meetings.  My phone is blowing up with text messages.  Everybody keeps stopping by the house.  I want all these folks to go back to work and leave me alone.  Their masks are kind of fun to see the different patterns but I've just got a bandana with rub bands and I feel pretty out classed there.  hihi

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #344 on: May 13, 2020, 05:58:01 AM »

I know!  hihi  I was actually enjoying being held up at home all by myself.  I'm sick of zoom meetings.  My phone is blowing up with text messages.  Everybody keeps stopping by the house.  I want all these folks to go back to work and leave me alone.  Their masks are kind of fun to see the different patterns but I've just got a bandana with rub bands and I feel pretty out classed there.  hihi

Haha, we've been using basically surgical masks.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #345 on: May 13, 2020, 06:43:03 PM »

On a little different note, does anyone else think all the hell that Bryan Adams is catching is bullshit?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #346 on: May 13, 2020, 10:00:20 PM »

What did he do?  I think all the fighting is bullshit.  We should be working together.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #347 on: May 13, 2020, 10:45:45 PM »

It is unfortunate that Bryan Adams apologized for what he said.  He gave in to the mob. All he did was speak his mind and got called a racist and if you read his original comments nothing could have been further from the truth.  He criticized the wet markets which are definitely not safe or humane for a number of reasons.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 10:47:31 PM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #348 on: May 14, 2020, 04:52:37 AM »

It is unfortunate that Bryan Adams apologized for what he said.  He gave in to the mob. All he did was speak his mind and got called a racist and if you read his original comments nothing could have been further from the truth.  He criticized the wet markets which are definitely not safe or humane for a number of reasons.

I was shocked I saw that too. It sounded like it was a Ted Nugent rant and then you see Bryan F**** Adams  Huh

The world is completely upside down
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #349 on: May 14, 2020, 08:42:59 AM »

For those who haven't seen it, here is a copy and paste on what he said on Instagram that drew all the criticism:

bryanadams
Verified
CUTS LIKE A KNIFE. A song by me. Tonight was supposed to be the beginning of a tenancy of gigs at the @royalalberthall, but thanks to some fucking bat eating, wet market animal selling, virus making greedy bastards, the whole world is now on hold, not to mention the thousands that have suffered or died from this virus. My message to them other than “thanks a fucking lot” is go vegan. To all the people missing out on our shows, I wish I could be there more than you know. It’s been great hanging out in isolation with my children and family, but I miss my other family, my band, my crew and my fans. Take care of yourselves and hope we can get the show on the road again soon. I’ll be performing a snippet from each album we were supposed to perform for the next few days. X❤️ #songsfromisolation #covid_19 #banwetmarkets #selfisolation #bryanadamscutslikeaknife #govegan

« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 08:45:16 AM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #350 on: May 14, 2020, 10:59:36 AM »

Yes, I agree. This is not racism and when the PC social media mob pulls this faux outrage shit, it should just be ignored.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #351 on: May 14, 2020, 11:15:17 AM »

We've all had our Mel Gibson moments (most of us at least) - but for some reason I'd have assumed that the the Bryan Adams rant of a lifetime would be about which cookies - Oreos or Chips Ahoy go better with his warm milk
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #352 on: May 14, 2020, 01:01:57 PM »

We managed to get rid off some contagious diseases because of mandatory vaccinations. Now it's 2020 and people know "better" because they study Youtube.

When there's a vaccine for this, wonder what percentage will refuse. Which will probably cause outbreaks again....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #353 on: May 14, 2020, 03:47:27 PM »

We managed to get rid off some contagious diseases because of mandatory vaccinations. Now it's 2020 and people know "better" because they study Youtube.

When there's a vaccine for this, wonder what percentage will refuse. Which will probably cause outbreaks again....

/jarmo

That is going to be a problem. Once a vaccine is ready I am curious if states will mandate that kids will be required to have the vaccine before they go back to school. I think they have to.   

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #354 on: May 15, 2020, 12:52:13 AM »

/jarmo

That is going to be a problem. Once a vaccine is ready I am curious if states will mandate that kids will be required to have the vaccine before they go back to school. I think they have to.   

Wholly agree, there is just too much coming to light in how Covid-19 affects children and it is all terrifying.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #355 on: May 15, 2020, 11:05:37 PM »

/jarmo

Wholly agree, there is just too much coming to light in how Covid-19 affects children and it is all terrifying.

Yes but this vaccine is being rushed to market.  So much they don't know.  I'll get the vaccine but don't know that I'll trust it.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #356 on: May 16, 2020, 05:16:02 PM »

/jarmo

Yes but this vaccine is being rushed to market.  So much they don't know.  I'll get the vaccine but don't know that I'll trust it.

By the time it is being given to general population we should know. It will absolutely go to frontline workers first.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #357 on: May 16, 2020, 08:43:50 PM »

/jarmo

By the time it is being given to general population we should know. It will absolutely go to frontline workers first.

By the time they figure out if there's any long term side effects, I'll be dead.  The rest of you might have a problem.  hihi

Did you see that one doctor thinks he got it through his eyes from droplets in the air?  They are laying off health care workers here because they never got overrun with covid but stopped all elective surgeries.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #358 on: May 17, 2020, 01:18:41 AM »

Yeah that's another new thing we're finding out how long the droplets can stay in the air. Every day it seems we find out something that makes this even more scary.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #359 on: May 17, 2020, 10:33:48 AM »

The moment they opened us up the car accidents began during the rush hour.  And the murder rate started to increase.  I'm sure if it was being tracked obesity was on a downward trend with all the restaurants being closed.  Politics is back to blaming each other and getting nothing done.  I'm more scared of society than getting the virus.  hihi

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: