Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:21:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Covid-19 (not gnr related)
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Covid-19 (not gnr related)  (Read 150300 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #400 on: June 10, 2020, 07:22:49 AM »

Yep - but don't worry - WHO is now saying asymptamatic people may not be a risk to transmit
 Huh

2020 - Lunacy

Not true.  They've clarified what they meant on that front.

The headlines were bad, and the research summary wasn't clear on the abstract.

Yep they walked it back.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #401 on: July 12, 2020, 05:15:20 AM »

I don't know if anyone is reading down here. I was just wondering what the general mortality statistics were like in the US. Has there been a spike? Also, have other people with other conditions been affected by the covid. In the UK, it has been terrible for anyone with other conditions to access appropriate healthcare, especially early on. I think it's bad how they just shut out everyone else and just concentrated on the virus. 'They' say there is going to be a spike of cancer patient deaths soon because alot of their care has been abandoned.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #402 on: July 13, 2020, 05:59:43 PM »

I don't know if anyone is reading down here. I was just wondering what the general mortality statistics were like in the US. Has there been a spike? Also, have other people with other conditions been affected by the covid. In the UK, it has been terrible for anyone with other conditions to access appropriate healthcare, especially early on. I think it's bad how they just shut out everyone else and just concentrated on the virus. 'They' say there is going to be a spike of cancer patient deaths soon because alot of their care has been abandoned.

Truthfully, I've been ignoring it.  Hard to know what's really going on with the way it's reported.  Where I'm at we're in round two and they blame the young people on wanting to party.  The hospitals aren't over ran.  They are laying people off.  Some folks wear masks, some don't.  Not business as usual but everybody seems to be out and about.  They're worried about getting the kids back in school.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #403 on: July 13, 2020, 10:35:39 PM »

Truthfully, I've been ignoring it.  Hard to know what's really going on with the way it's reported.  Where I'm at we're in round two and they blame the young people on wanting to party.  The hospitals aren't over ran.  They are laying people off.  Some folks wear masks, some don't.  Not business as usual but everybody seems to be out and about.  They're worried about getting the kids back in school.

I'm not sure where you are but the is not the case here in Texas. It is really bad the major metro area hospitals are filling up at a alarming rate. We have over 10k in the hospitals alone covid. We only have 58k beds in the entire state. Hospitals are requesting refrigerator trucks and federal assistance. A friend of mine works at. HCA Houston, every patient she's touching has covid.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #404 on: July 13, 2020, 11:44:50 PM »

Is that your first round?  I'm just outside of St Louis.  Just deemed the hot spot of the state.

Our first round they saw coming and shut St Louis down thus shutting down my county since most folks work over there.  We had very few cases.  Most of the people catching it and dying were from the nursing homes.  The hospital my daughter is at had one floor just for covid and a second half prepared but not used.  As soon as they opened St Louis people went back to work and now it's spreading out here.  We're at the start of a second round that they are seeing in the 20 through 30 year old people.  They say they are socializing too much.  I say those highways were empty during rush hour when things were shut down and now they are packed when St Louis opened up.  There's a mask order there but I don't think it is preventing the spread from there back to here.  I don't think they will shut things down again so I'm being extra cautious.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #405 on: July 14, 2020, 06:47:15 AM »

I have bad news for you: This is (from an epidemiology standpoint) still your first wave. It's never really crested and come down in Missouri (I'm assuming that's where you are since you mention St. Louis).  You never really came down from that 200 to 300 cases per day (which is where it's been since April) mark when you "reopened"...and now you're seeing 600 cases per day or so.

Mortalities have averaged about 10 per day, throughout.  We'll see if there is a following spike in mortalities about 2 weeks from now.....

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/graphics/2020/03/10/us-coronavirus-map-tracking-united-states-outbreak/4945223002/

(You can scroll down about 1/2 way down and pick your state to see your daily cases and mortalities).

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #406 on: July 14, 2020, 06:53:25 AM »

So far, the mortality rate has been relatively controlled with the new round of outbreaks.

BUT, we're not far into it, yet.  We are just starting to see a national uptick in mortalities, and mortalities are a lagging metric compared to infections.  We'll see over the next couple weeks.

HOPEFULLY, the hotspots learned enough about treatment and PPE early on so that we can mitigate some of the mortalities and infection rate.

If you look at the states that decided to reopen early......MOSTLY red states...they have all faired worse than the states that have been more conservative (but are mostly run by liberals...figure that out).

I've seen it asserted that the surge is because more young people are being tested (or simply that more people are being tested...which is complete and utter bullshit), and the surge is from positive tests from them.  From the demos I've seen....that doesn't seem true.  We ARE seeing more young people tested....as testing has become more available and not based on symptoms...but the infection rate across the demos doesn't appear to be concentrated on one specific age range.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sandman
Legend

« Reply #407 on: July 14, 2020, 09:20:08 AM »

a month ago, I knew one person with COVID. a friend of mine from work who lives in Brooklyn. he almost died. he's 60 and had other health issues. he's now back at work and still going through therapy.

today, I know 10 additional people that have had COVID. 1 in their 40s (Dallas, TX), 2 in their 20s, and 7 in their teens (all in PA). None of these people had serious symptoms, and some had none at all. they are all fully recovered.

the mortality rate has dropped significantly, which is great news.

If the Democrat governors of PA, NY, NJ, and MI did not put COVID patients in nursing homes, those states would have fared much better.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #408 on: July 14, 2020, 01:08:45 PM »

I have a friend who got it and all in his household followed suit. 2 adults early 40s and couple  kids under 12.  Kids had really minor symptoms (if any) and adults felt like shit for a few days and that's it. I haven't seen them since last year and they are the only people I know who got it. I'm in FL which if you listen to the news is exploding right now with positive cases.  I wear a mask when I'm out in public and work when I can as the client base is smaller than normal at this point.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
cineater
Legend

« Reply #409 on: July 14, 2020, 06:03:31 PM »

I have bad news for you: This is (from an epidemiology standpoint) still your first wave. It's never really crested and come down in Missouri (I'm assuming that's where you are since you mention St. Louis).  You never really came down from that 200 to 300 cases per day (which is where it's been since April) mark when you "reopened"...and now you're seeing 600 cases per day or so.

Mortalities have averaged about 10 per day, throughout.  We'll see if there is a following spike in mortalities about 2 weeks from now.....

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/graphics/2020/03/10/us-coronavirus-map-tracking-united-states-outbreak/4945223002/

(You can scroll down about 1/2 way down and pick your state to see your daily cases and mortalities).

I was looking at the St Louis area first round.  Once they shut them and the county down it stopped the spread to the rest of the surrounding counties.  Rural Missouri didn't have a problem.  But once warmer weather hit, our secondary cities, for lack of a better term, began to get more cases.  We have some places that get a lot of tourist travel through them and farming businesses.  It's has spread to those cities and is working it's way out.

I've said all along, it hasn't begun to hit the USA.  It hit our big cities and was mostly contained there by the lockdowns.  But now that the lockdowns are lifted it's spreading again.  I don't think they want to lock us down again.  Masks help, hand washing helps but if you're leaving the house, may the odds be forever in your favor.  hihi

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #410 on: July 15, 2020, 01:01:11 AM »

Is that your first round?  I'm just outside of St Louis.  Just deemed the hot spot of the state.

Our first round they saw coming and shut St Louis down thus shutting down my county since most folks work over there.  We had very few cases.  Most of the people catching it and dying were from the nursing homes.  The hospital my daughter is at had one floor just for covid and a second half prepared but not used.  As soon as they opened St Louis people went back to work and now it's spreading out here.  We're at the start of a second round that they are seeing in the 20 through 30 year old people.  They say they are socializing too much.  I say those highways were empty during rush hour when things were shut down and now they are packed when St Louis opened up.  There's a mask order there but I don't think it is preventing the spread from there back to here.  I don't think they will shut things down again so I'm being extra cautious.

We are still knee deep in our first wave. We never actually lowered the curve much less flattened it. We were one of the first to pen up and it just exploded again.  https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Texas-reports-highest-single-day-increase-in-15408346.php?fbclid=IwAR1ocSGFG2deminjXXuvSVKjlT1W6-LvXna-w1jQ7gjDbAOhF4rmtW9f59I our covid update from today.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #411 on: July 15, 2020, 09:59:16 PM »

We are still knee deep in our first wave. We never actually lowered the curve much less flattened it. We were one of the first to pen up and it just exploded again.  https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Texas-reports-highest-single-day-increase-in-15408346.php?fbclid=IwAR1ocSGFG2deminjXXuvSVKjlT1W6-LvXna-w1jQ7gjDbAOhF4rmtW9f59I our covid update from today.

We're getting highest single day numbers too but we're not getting the number hospitalized or death numbers reported on the news.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #412 on: July 16, 2020, 01:00:26 AM »

We added another 87 deaths and over 10k new cases today.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #413 on: July 16, 2020, 05:31:40 PM »

What are you doing to stay away from it?

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #414 on: July 17, 2020, 01:49:37 AM »

Staying home, i'm disabled and don't drive and don't work. So it's not like i have to go out if i don't absolutely have to.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #415 on: July 17, 2020, 05:16:55 PM »

Staying home, i'm disabled and don't drive and don't work. So it's not like i have to go out if i don't absolutely have to.

I'm retired so I have the stay at home option too.  Although I've had more people at my house during a pandemic then I've had in the last 5 years.  That has come to a trickle.  I'm kind of looking forward to being here all alone. 

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #416 on: July 17, 2020, 11:30:41 PM »

I'm retired so I have the stay at home option too.  Although I've had more people at my house during a pandemic then I've had in the last 5 years.  That has come to a trickle.  I'm kind of looking forward to being here all alone. 

Oh the irony lol.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #417 on: July 18, 2020, 01:04:56 AM »

Oh the irony lol.

Let me tell you, the first week of shutdown was lovely.  It was just me, the two cats and 500+ plants, all quiet on the western front.  The second week the text messages blew up my phone and then zoom meetings entered my life.  It exploded from there.  Now that people can get out and about I'm hoping they go back to their own shit.  I need a break from them.  I would like to do what I want to do. hihi

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #418 on: July 18, 2020, 07:02:35 PM »

We had some official research in the UK that said 80 per cent of people get no symptoms, locally here in Scotland the hospitals are saying the strains here appear to have weakened, although that is not an official footing, and also 10% of people are dying in hospital as opposed to over 50% in the beginning due to varying factors, including better meds. The challenge now is to contain what we have, and not allow new strains from abroad.

Just what I've been told anyway
cineater
Legend

« Reply #419 on: July 18, 2020, 09:51:39 PM »

We had some official research in the UK that said 80 per cent of people get no symptoms, locally here in Scotland the hospitals are saying the strains here appear to have weakened, although that is not an official footing, and also 10% of people are dying in hospital as opposed to over 50% in the beginning due to varying factors, including better meds. The challenge now is to contain what we have, and not allow new strains from abroad.

Just what I've been told anyway

It's best guess from the professionals involved at this point.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: