Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:24:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Covid-19 (not gnr related)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Covid-19 (not gnr related)  (Read 151287 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2020, 12:19:54 PM »

Oh yeah. This isn't an age thing at all.

There are young people who don't seem to care, as well as older people.

Seen plenty of stories of people who had to basically force their elder parents to stay home instead of going to their usual gatherings.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2020, 12:29:21 PM »

Oh yeah. This isn't an age thing at all.

There are young people who don't seem to care, as well as older people.

Seen plenty of stories of people who had to basically force their elder parents to stay home instead of going to their usual gatherings.

/jarmo

Our elderly are stubborn, no doubt.

Difficult to convince someone with 70 or 80 plus years of experience that "anyone" is more knowledgeable than they are - I know this

But we are very fortunate to have people like Fauci and Birx who have been telling us from day one - that containment is the key weapon to strike this down.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2020, 02:44:22 PM »

Being grounded to the home front isn't a bad thing.

It's been too long since we took the time
No-one's to blame, I know time flies so quickly

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2020, 03:50:35 PM »

We are now at 4 confirmed cases, which we are e expecting to skyrocket in the next week. Our hospitals were already running at near capacity BEFORE this happened, I'm now sure how we are going to cope with it. Everyone is scared  Sad
cineater
Legend

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2020, 05:28:18 PM »

We are now at 4 confirmed cases, which we are e expecting to skyrocket in the next week. Our hospitals were already running at near capacity BEFORE this happened, I'm now sure how we are going to cope with it. Everyone is scared  Sad

Not to add to your fears but I had to wonder if the virus mutated since it left China?  Here's what I found.

Since the start of the pandemic, the virus hasn’t changed in any obviously important ways. It’s mutating in the way that all viruses do. But of the 100-plus mutations that have been documented, none has risen to dominance, which suggests that none is especially important. “The virus has been remarkably stable given how much transmission we’ve seen,” says Lisa Gralinski of the University of North Carolina. “That makes sense, because there’s no evolutionary pressure on the virus to transmit better. It’s doing a great job of spreading around the world right now.”

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2020, 05:45:10 PM »

Not to add to your fears but I had to wonder if the virus mutated since it left China?  Here's what I found.

Since the start of the pandemic, the virus hasn’t changed in any obviously important ways. It’s mutating in the way that all viruses do. But of the 100-plus mutations that have been documented, none has risen to dominance, which suggests that none is especially important. “The virus has been remarkably stable given how much transmission we’ve seen,” says Lisa Gralinski of the University of North Carolina. “That makes sense, because there’s no evolutionary pressure on the virus to transmit better. It’s doing a great job of spreading around the world right now.”

I wouldnt be half as scared if I didnt work in a hospital.  Hopefully some of the drug trial pan out and we can use something to help combat this thing. I personally think the entire world should be holding China responsible for this and making them pay one way or another. Its unacceptable that they tried to cover it up.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2020, 09:32:46 PM »

Another day and the situation further deteriorates in Italy with hundreds more deaths. New York, California, Illinois and Connecticut all locked down. Only the most essential things open. It's time to do it Nationwide if we want to get this under control.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2020, 10:30:12 PM »

I wouldnt be half as scared if I didnt work in a hospital.  Hopefully some of the drug trial pan out and we can use something to help combat this thing. I personally think the entire world should be holding China responsible for this and making them pay one way or another. Its unacceptable that they tried to cover it up.

Looking back it's easy to point fingers but who would have ever thought. 

A little bit of paranoia will keep you alive.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2020, 11:12:14 PM »

I just wanna go back to bitching about the weather and talking about who's banging who at work again. Simpler times.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2020, 09:54:43 AM »

I just wanna go back to bitching about the weather and talking about who's banging who at work again. Simpler times.

Don't know you or where you work but please share... Grin
We could all use those simpler times

cineater
Legend

« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2020, 01:44:13 PM »

Yeah, who is banging who?  hihi  Might get a baby boom out of this with everybody staying home.

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2020, 01:47:38 PM »

Yeah, who is banging who?  hihi  Might get a baby boom out of this with everybody staying home.

Yes - saw a joke refer to the next generation as the "Coronials"
cineater
Legend

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2020, 07:19:14 PM »

It's spring, we all have sex on the brain.  hihi Be careful out there.

My daughter is a nurse too, in a hospital.  She works with patients from nursing homes.  If they run out of face masks, she has a full face motorcycle helmet.  hihi

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2020, 09:01:00 PM »

My daughter is a nurse too, in a hospital.  She works with patients from nursing homes.  If they run out of face masks, she has a full face motorcycle helmet.  hihi

On that note - this shortage of face masks thing is completely baffling to me.
I'm watching the Trump/Pence news conference and they're constantly talking about millions of these things being ordered and how FEMA already has a stockpile and we have ventilators ready to go and all of this now goes through FEMA etc
Then you hear actual doctors from hospitals on TV saying they need more masks and equipment.
Then you hear how large companies are making products and billionaires like Bloomberg has donated 50 million - how can all of this not get a case of masks a day into every hospital in NY, Cali , Wash etc..

I'm dumbfounded  - seriously

I"m watching this press conference and a reporter literally names 4 doctors that are in need.
Trump does his usual "we've got them ordered and they're coming'
Fauci says the need is real and will be met

Why wouldn't someone up there just say - give me the damn names of these doctors - we will call them and have them shipped in two hours?

Maybe its FEMA - maybe it's just a giant cluster fuck now between HHS, Fema and everyone else involved - but Amazon has offered to help in any way they can and seem to be able to ship a vodoo doll from Argentina to your door in 2 days - put their asses on it and get this done

Huh
cineater
Legend

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2020, 10:01:17 PM »

It's a big place with a lot of hospitals is all I can think of.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2020, 06:04:15 AM »

On that note - this shortage of face masks thing is completely baffling to me.
I'm watching the Trump/Pence news conference and they're constantly talking about millions of these things being ordered and how FEMA already has a stockpile and we have ventilators ready to go and all of this now goes through FEMA etc
Then you hear actual doctors from hospitals on TV saying they need more masks and equipment.
Then you hear how large companies are making products and billionaires like Bloomberg has donated 50 million - how can all of this not get a case of masks a day into every hospital in NY, Cali , Wash etc..

I'm dumbfounded  - seriously

I"m watching this press conference and a reporter literally names 4 doctors that are in need.
Trump does his usual "we've got them ordered and they're coming'
Fauci says the need is real and will be met

Why wouldn't someone up there just say - give me the damn names of these doctors - we will call them and have them shipped in two hours?

Maybe its FEMA - maybe it's just a giant cluster fuck now between HHS, Fema and everyone else involved - but Amazon has offered to help in any way they can and seem to be able to ship a vodoo doll from Argentina to your door in 2 days - put their asses on it and get this done

Huh

It is maddening. We know there's a shortage but we also know there's a stockpile. It isn't enough but allow it to be used while all these companies like GM are shifting from making cars etc to masks and ventilators. There is no reason this stockpile should still not be being deployed. Trump just needs to stop talking at these briefings, everyday he says something Dr. Fauci has to try and not look humiliated and have to walk back immediately. Let Pence and Dr. Fauci and the other experts at the presser do the talking.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2020, 08:54:17 AM »

I think it's important for the president to open these press conferences. I wish he would say a few things and then step aside and watch how a true organization is supposed to perform though...but we know he is incapable.

We have a global pandemic and he's sending potshots back and forth with reporters - it's just ludicrous.

But back to the ventilators and protective equipment - someone (Pence should) should just take the info about the doctors who are crying for help and say "I'll handle it from here" - for this to keep coming up and exposing the cluster fuck and disorganization is very damaging to the country.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2020, 01:07:34 PM »

I think it's important for the president to open these press conferences. I wish he would say a few things and then step aside and watch how a true organization is supposed to perform though...but we know he is incapable.

We have a global pandemic and he's sending potshots back and forth with reporters - it's just ludicrous.

But back to the ventilators and protective equipment - someone (Pence should) should just take the info about the doctors who are crying for help and say "I'll handle it from here" - for this to keep coming up and exposing the cluster fuck and disorganization is very damaging to the country.

Totally agree that Trump should defer to Pence on managing the briefings. Yeah there will be questions from the media that are of a gotcha nature, but there is a way to answer them without it devolving into personal attacks. We really dont need that right now.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2020, 06:58:36 PM »

Looks like the needed medical equipment is finally on its way. 8 states now also ordered to stay home as much as possible.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2020, 07:32:52 PM »

Not when right off the bat he's disseminating lies and misinformation leading to millions not taking this seriously, and that cause Dr Fauci to facepalm. When he got elected many saw him for what he is said he'd get people killed and here we are. Certainly I recognize even if he had acted immediately people would still die, but he has made it exponentially worse with slow action, lies and misinformation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: