Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:40:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Covid-19 (not gnr related)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Covid-19 (not gnr related)  (Read 153764 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2020, 07:34:28 PM »

I think it's important for the president to open these press conferences. I wish he would say a few things and then step aside and watch how a true organization is supposed to perform though...but we know he is incapable.

We have a global pandemic and he's sending potshots back and forth with reporters - it's just ludicrous.

But back to the ventilators and protective equipment - someone (Pence should) should just take the info about the doctors who are crying for help and say "I'll handle it from here" - for this to keep coming up and exposing the cluster fuck and disorganization is very damaging to the country.

Totally agree that Trump should defer to Pence on managing the briefings. Yeah there will be questions from the media that are of a gotcha nature, but there is a way to answer them without it devolving into personal attacks. We really dont need that right now.

The question in question wasn't though, here was simply asked to offer solace to Americans stuck at home who are scared right now and he couldn't even do that.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2020, 07:37:04 PM »

Back to more more Covid. The Senate failed to pass the stimulus package.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2020, 07:41:09 PM »

Trump's reaction to Romney in isolation though and why is he going on and on about all the money he lost? 🙄 And why hasn't he enacted the defense protection act yet.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 08:00:35 PM by tim_m » Logged
cineater
Legend

« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2020, 12:32:58 AM »

Please let somebody besides Trump give the press conferences. 

Personally, I think the stockpiling is because it hasn't even begun to hit the whole country.  There's somebody, somewhere, doing the math.  There's a certain amount of infection for regions based on populations that is going to be acceptable and extra supplies won't be shifted there until a certain point is hit.  The numbers change daily with where it's popping up and the estimated production of supplies.  It's a complicated math problem with variables.  And an acceptable death rate.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2020, 01:59:01 AM »

If all states would just order shelter in place orders except for mission critical outings, food, doctor appointments and those unable to work from home we have a chance to get ahead and keep more states from ending up like New York, California and Washington. I know a nurse in New Orleans and it is deteriorating there fast, even people in their 40s covid-19 is causing ARDS. Just stay home it will save lives possibly your own. If you must go out heed the precautions the experts are telling us to. This is not rocket science.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2020, 07:50:10 AM »

I dont think its a matter of if but when with shelter in place but when that happens they need to have the rescue package  passed in congress & signed into law so people can afford to buy food and have some loan payments deferred. Some still need to bring in income and for those who can keep social distancing and are healthy can still so that in certain areas of the country. ( construction, repairs, etc where they arent coming in close contact with people or are working solo)

We almost had it last night but it was blocked by democrats. Think the stock market was bad last week? Watch what happens today.  Inaction in the govt on that  will spook it pretty badly.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 08:08:53 AM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2020, 08:16:18 AM »

They need to get it together real soon, otherwise its going to get really ugly. Like I said before, watch the stock market today, this inability to get something thru Congress will tank it.

Coronavirus stimulus bill fails to move forward; McConnell cites 'obstruction'
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi told reporters that "from my standpoint, we are apart." Talks are continuing.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/top-democrats-say-they-re-not-yet-ready-sign-coronavirus-n1166021?fbclid=IwAR1p6lhyNMP3YcEnzaR78FJ_BRFjmfpAxAp_xMGeURe5ixNQsjXS5NTLTuo

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2020, 12:45:14 PM »

They have valid concerns as to why they blocked the procedural vote. We don't need a unfettered bail out for huge corporations while small businesses and employees get a pittance. Hopefully Schumer McConnell and Mnuchin strike a deal today. Schumer sounded optimistic and the vote will be fast tracked so the house can vote on it.

Now Trump seems to want to r possibly remove restrictions after 15 days with social distancing and shelter in place. He is going to get millions killed!
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2020, 01:55:05 PM »

They're all idiots.
We need something - playtime is over.

Adding nonsense about solar energy and emissions ?
Take up your causes on your own time
You work for us - and US need help , not politics and whining.

Schumer, Pelosi, McConnell - They all need to be voted out.
And for all of the far right and far left who won't give an inch and claim the middle is worse than the other side....look in the mirror - this is where that kind of thinking has gotten us.

We need a middle ground now more than ever.

History will not be kind to any of these self-serving buffoons.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 05:24:00 PM by COMAMOTIVE » Logged
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2020, 09:29:51 PM »

They have valid concerns as to why they blocked the procedural vote. We don't need a unfettered bail out for huge corporations while small businesses and employees get a pittance. Hopefully Schumer McConnell and Mnuchin strike a deal today. Schumer sounded optimistic and the vote will be fast tracked so the house can vote on it.

Now Trump seems to want to r possibly remove restrictions after 15 days with social distancing and shelter in place. He is going to get millions killed!

I understand the concerns about wanting the money to go to the people who need it and not the corporations who could use it to pay bonuses. But also remember corporations employ workers. So Im all for adding provisions that dictate how these corporations use the money.  I thought that stipulations were in the bill that stalled in the senate regarding provisions not allowing stock buybacks and other things.

But now Pelosi has written another bill on the house side- https://www.npr.org/2020/03/23/820155258/read-house-democrats-release-3rd-coronavirus-response-bill

But she is adding her own shit to it that's unrelated to COVID-19 such as bailing out the postal service, same day voter registration & carbon emission levels for airlines.

Like COMAMOTIVE  said, they are all idiots.

As far as removing restrictions, lets see what the data shows at the end of the month. What I am against is adding restrictions in a one size fits all mindset. New York City is much different than say rural Idaho or even Central Florida.  

While this needs to be taken seriously, this isn't the bubonic plague. 

« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 09:34:35 PM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2020, 11:29:47 PM »

I understand the concerns about wanting the money to go to the people who need it and not the corporations who could use it to pay bonuses. But also remember corporations employ workers. So Im all for adding provisions that dictate how these corporations use the money.  I thought that stipulations were in the bill that stalled in the senate regarding provisions not allowing stock buybacks and other things.

But now Pelosi has written another bill on the house side- https://www.npr.org/2020/03/23/820155258/read-house-democrats-release-3rd-coronavirus-response-bill

But she is adding her own shit to it that's unrelated to COVID-19 such as bailing out the postal service, same day voter registration & carbon emission levels for airlines.

Like COMAMOTIVE  said, they are all idiots.

As far as removing restrictions, lets see what the data shows at the end of the month. What I am against is adding restrictions in a one size fits all mindset. New York City is much different than say rural Idaho or even Central Florida.  

While this needs to be taken seriously, this isn't the bubonic plague.  

Corporations will need help, nobody denies that but help the employees and small businesses first then worry about the rest. At the the end of the week were gonna be worse and worse the week after. This is the time we need California style shelter in place for a month or more. If we don't we will reach the point of no return in a week or two. Do we want millions infected and tens of thousands dead? That's what will happen if most states don't follow California and New York.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 08:09:22 AM by tim_m » Logged
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2020, 01:11:17 AM »

To all those of you who are blaming Democrats for blocking the stimulus package (and saying they are doing it so “Trump won’t win”) here is the REAL reason! “Nancy Pelosi is calling the Senate bill the
"McCONNELL CORPORATE SLUSH FUND"
and here is what she says is wrong with it:

• McConnell’s bill includes a $500,000,000,000.00 corporate slush fund for CEOs and the ultra rich — while leaving workers, families and children out to dry.
• McConnell’s bill has weak stock buyback language that can be waived by the Treasury Secretary; executive compensation limits only last for two years; language on worker retention is weak and includes easy outs for companies; there are no assurances in the language that workers will benefit.
• The bill provides little transparency of the lending done by Treasury (amount and to whom?).
• There are no specific provisions to protect from individuals from eviction, foreclosure or forbearance.
Other Major Problems:
• No money for state and local governments.
• No additional SNAP funds.
• No OSHA language to protect workers.
• No expanded emergency leave provisions.
• Only 3 months on Unemployment Insurance – this is an insufficient length given the scope of the crisis.
• Direct Payments are not available to the millions of people who did not file a return in 2018 or 2019.
• No money to help with the treatment of the uninsured.
• The bill does not provide adequate relief for the 44 million federal student loan borrowers.”

cineater
Legend

« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2020, 01:25:55 AM »

We went on lock down.  Was talking to my daughter.  The hospital staff pretty much figure there's no way they won't get it.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2020, 01:43:23 AM »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/03/23/house-democrats-stimulus-senate-coronavirus-145388
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2020, 01:43:40 AM »

We went on lock down.  Was talking to my daughter.  The hospital staff pretty much figure there's no way they won't get it.

Sorry to hear that.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2020, 07:55:26 AM »

There's a lot they didn't mention that is in there that's totally unrelated to COVID19. At this point it looks like they will be voting on the senate bill today so it may be a mute point.

But here is a thought for both bills I wish Congress would consider, pass a stimulus Bill with just funds to help people out of work and businesses that need the emergency funds without all the garbage.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2020, 08:07:32 AM »

Hopefully a vote happens today, they were very close last night to an agreement both sides can agree on. Hopefully it i satisfactory for both sides in the house as well and they'll vote and pass it as is.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2020, 08:14:52 AM »

Now Trump is wanting to relax restrictions in a few weeks instead of months when all the experts say this will have dire consequences. Look at Italy, Spain, China and the UK. If states follow what he says we are gonna see a great many infected and die due to overloading the healthcare system. Italy finally in just the last two days after a month of strict lockdown is seeing a second straight day decrease in new cases and deaths. It is still horrible the number but a decrease is hope for cautious optimism.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2020, 11:55:47 AM »

There's a lot they didn't mention that is in there that's totally unrelated to COVID19. At this point it looks like they will be voting on the senate bill today so it may be a mute point.

But here is a thought for both bills I wish Congress would consider, pass a stimulus Bill with just funds to help people out of work and businesses that need the emergency funds without all the garbage.

Totally agree on that point.  I don't know why they insist on stuffing every bill with extraneous bullshit.  Small businesses that can't be open and the resulting unemployment should be the main focus at this point.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2020, 12:23:04 PM »

Now Trump is wanting to relax restrictions in a few weeks instead of months when all the experts say this will have dire consequences. Look at Italy, Spain, China and the UK. If states follow what he says we are gonna see a great many infected and die due to overloading the healthcare system. Italy finally in just the last two days after a month of strict lockdown is seeing a second straight day decrease in new cases and deaths. It is still horrible the number but a decrease is hope for cautious optimism.

You watch - if this anti-malaria drug shows promise (we'll know in a matter of days), Trump will absolutely relax restrictions.
He's just setting the table now.

If only the American people could vote on things like this because the ramifications if he is wrong will be non-reverseable and I believe most people would be on same page with this - in that whenever he says "open it up" - add 3 months to be safe
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: