Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:06:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Covid-19 (not gnr related)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Covid-19 (not gnr related)  (Read 151268 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #160 on: April 02, 2020, 07:45:38 AM »

Florida has finally issued stay at home orders.

Yep, last day of work for me is tomorrow.

Hopefully I get to keep the home I'm legally obligated to stay in.

Hope you and your family stay safe and healthy.

Thank you Tim_m. You do the same. I need someone around here to argue with from time to time  hihi

Hopefully this thing only lasts a month or two.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #161 on: April 02, 2020, 08:06:32 AM »

So Florida is including church as essential. What a tool.

This is fucking stupid. Personally I'm not very religious, but I dont believe anywhere does it say you can only pray to God in large groups in the same room.

Its about the church and their income, not anyone faith or religious convictions. Why should their business continue as normal?  

Agreed, this is just needlessly risking lives not only of the parishioners but their families and anyone else they would come in contact with.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #162 on: April 02, 2020, 08:07:47 AM »

In just the last 24 hours more states have stay at home orders, Georgia, Florida which happened late yesterday. Mississippi and Nevada.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #163 on: April 02, 2020, 08:13:20 AM »

Florida has finally issued stay at home orders.

Yep, last day of work for me is tomorrow.

Hopefully I get to keep the home I'm legally obligated to stay in.

Hope you and your family stay safe and healthy.

Thank you Tim_m. You do the same. I need someone around here to argue with from time to time  hihi

Hopefully this thing only lasts a month or two.

Thank you. Haha yes, there will be plenty of time for political debate as the election gets closer and this hopefully passes. Now is not the time to be political. I do not wish this on anyone regardless of their political affiliation or views. I don't even wish it on Trump himself as much as i dislike him.

Stay home, stay safe and stay healthy. This goes for everyone on this board as well.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #164 on: April 02, 2020, 08:18:06 AM »

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/490725-fauci-given-security-detail-after-receiving-threats

This is just very sad. Why would anyone want to harm this brilliant man who giving us all the facts about covid-19 we need.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #165 on: April 02, 2020, 08:55:12 AM »

This is fucking stupid. Personally I'm not very religious, but I dont believe anywhere does it say you can only pray to God in large groups in the same room.

Its about the church and their income, not anyone faith or religious convictions. Why should their business continue as normal?  

Agree 100%
Not religious either - but isn't religion and God one of the few things where you don't need a congregation of people to accomplish the goal anyway?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #166 on: April 02, 2020, 09:06:46 AM »

Agree 100%
Not religious either -

but isn't religion and God one of the few things where you don't need a congregation of people to accomplish the goal anyway?

Yep they say god is everywhere, so why do we have to go to a special building to worship?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #167 on: April 02, 2020, 09:08:01 AM »

Weekly jobless report out and its awful. 6.6 million have filed for unemployment. 3.5 million more then expected.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #168 on: April 02, 2020, 09:37:15 AM »

Agree 100%
Not religious either - but isn't religion and God one of the few things where you don't need a congregation of people to accomplish the goal anyway?

Yep. A church and financial obligation isn't required to talk to your respective deity no matter what organized religion tells you.

I pray once in awhile as I'm the bad non practicing Catholic who doesn't buy in to all the BS rules  the church has set over the last 1000 years or so . Its between me, God and Jesus, we dont need a middleman.

Religious rant over.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #169 on: April 02, 2020, 12:27:05 PM »

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/490725-fauci-given-security-detail-after-receiving-threats

This is just very sad. Why would anyone want to harm this brilliant man who giving us all the facts about covid-19 we need.

Because the devout Fox News/Benghazi/WMD crowd is convinced he's working for the Clintons to undermine Trump.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #170 on: April 02, 2020, 12:50:31 PM »

Stay safe everyone!

Here in Sweden things are almost normal. Very little restrictions so far. Which is really weird considering what's going on elsewhere.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #171 on: April 02, 2020, 01:33:36 PM »

Stay safe everyone!

Here in Sweden things are almost normal. Very little restrictions so far. Which is really weird considering what's going on elsewhere.

Is there toilet paper in Sweden??  Here in America, we apparently decided that toilet paper and bread would cure the virus, so there is none of either to be found anywhere!   Roll Eyes  That's hysteria for you.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #172 on: April 02, 2020, 04:05:05 PM »

Stay safe everyone!

Is there toilet paper in Sweden??  Here in America, we apparently decided that toilet paper and bread would cure the virus, so there is none of either to be found anywhere!   Roll Eyes  That's hysteria for you.

Figure with the millions of restaurants shut down and livelihoods lost - at least those unfortunate folks who owned or managed them were able to raid the damn TP supplies - not exactly a perk but likely a reality.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #173 on: April 02, 2020, 04:55:26 PM »

I think we have toilet paper. All out of hand sanitizer though.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #174 on: April 02, 2020, 05:24:26 PM »

Stay safe everyone!

/jarmo

You have to imagine it's only a matter of time before it happens there.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #175 on: April 02, 2020, 05:25:39 PM »

Stay safe everyone!

Paper towels here too. We finally found a big double roll of bounty today.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #176 on: April 02, 2020, 07:32:25 PM »

Stay safe everyone!

Paper towels here too. We finally found a big double roll of bounty today.

Read today that the supermarkets are getting close but are still about 2-3 days behind this current demand for things like TP and PT - hopefully they catch up soon and have the storage to handle this because I think it will only get worse.

Plumbers and Drain De-cloggers must be ca$hing in big time right now.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #177 on: April 02, 2020, 08:15:32 PM »

Ive been getting my TP and paper towels on auto ship by the case for years. I can still wipe my ass in April 2020.  beer

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #178 on: April 02, 2020, 08:24:11 PM »

At least Spring is upon us up here in the Northeast - the leaves should be nice and soothing
Winter would have been a little scratchy
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #179 on: April 03, 2020, 12:32:34 AM »

Agree 100%

Yep. A church and financial obligation isn't required to talk to your respective deity no matter what organized religion tells you.

I pray once in awhile as I'm the bad non practicing Catholic who doesn't buy in to all the BS rules  the church has set over the last 1000 years or so . Its between me, God and Jesus, we dont need a middleman.

Religious rant over.

Full disclosure:  I CONFESS JESUS CHRIST AS MY LORD AND SAVIOR. I attend mass almost every day.  I say the rosary almost every day. I pray continually throughout the day. It truly makes me feel good.

I truly believe that God wants me and everyone else to STAY THE FUCK HOME!!! Don't be gathering and spreading germs that possibly could kill someone else!!!  That's in the TOP TEN!!!  Situations like this is why God made TV and the internet!!! Those who want to can watch services of practically any faith, any time of the day or night.  (right now it's about 12:30 am and I am joyfully waiting to watch Pope Francis Private Mass From Santa Marta at 1am on EWTN)

If the reason you choose not to go to church is only because you believe they're all about the almighty dollar, IMHO, you weren't going for the right reason anyways.  It's not like taxes and death.  You don't have to give anything just because they say so.  But that being said, most of us easily pay a ridiculous amount of money to go to a concert or movie or to buy swag.  The money you give in church is like for mostly the same exact purposes:  overhead costs, salaries, and lawyers.

What do I believe God expects of us?  To quote Abe Lincoln:  Be excellent to one another and party on dudes!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGErt4CfLD0

Religious rant over.  Grin

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: