Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:54:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Covid-19 (not gnr related)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Covid-19 (not gnr related)  (Read 151315 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #200 on: April 07, 2020, 03:34:36 PM »

Granted the info is sketchy either way & dont know of anything to back this up, but Ive heard that it can be transmitted to cats but not back to humans ( unless you eat them)

If they come into direct contact with your fecal matter.....there is a very low risk chance they (felines, not canines) can contract it.

But not via the typical droplet methods. Or at least thats what we have seen so far.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #201 on: April 07, 2020, 04:20:43 PM »

Granted the info is sketchy either way & dont know of anything to back this up, but Ive heard that it can be transmitted to cats but not back to humans ( unless you eat them)

Yeah let's not do that.   hihi

C'mon now - if you don't think you've eaten a little cat in your take out food now and then - you should just accept it and roll with it - add a little soy sauce and hot mustard - it's all good  baby

Lol
cineater
Legend

« Reply #202 on: April 07, 2020, 11:40:05 PM »

That's a nice perk.  With so many people off the roads accidents have went down so my car insurance company is giving me a rebate.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #203 on: April 08, 2020, 07:26:07 AM »

That's a nice perk.  With so many people off the roads accidents have went down so my car insurance company is giving me a rebate.
Yeah, I'm not sure how it is in your area but in mine there's barely anyone out. I had a doctor appt Monday at 8 and at that time usually there's cars everywhere. There wasn't anymore then 3 it 4 on the same road at any time. It's kinda creepy seeing everything closed. Our state doesn't actually even have a official start at home order.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #204 on: April 08, 2020, 08:16:08 AM »

Yeah let's not do that.   hihi

C'mon now - if you don't think you've eaten a little cat in your take out food now and then - you should just accept it and roll with it - add a little soy sauce and hot mustard - it's all good  baby

I'm sure I have, but Ive stayed away from the Chinese buffet since this whole thing has started.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #205 on: April 08, 2020, 08:19:51 AM »

Speaking of China...

The handshake says it all:

World health Organisation refuses to name staff who blocked early COVID-19 travel bans

The World Health Organisation has refused to release the names of doctors who blocked an early bid to declare coronavirus a global health emergency.

A Sky News Australia investigation has revealed a group of WHO doctors debated whether to declare the deadly coronavirus global emergency in late January but those who wanted to implement strict travel restrictions were outvoted and instead, the body released a glowing statement praising China, followed by a recommendation for countries not to ban travel to China.

“The Committee does not recommend any travel or trade restriction based on the current information available,” the WHO wrote on January 30 at a time when confirmed cases had already reached 12,167 in China and the virus had killed 170 people.

Two days prior to that meeting in Geneva, WHO general manager Tedros Adhanom was photographed happily shaking hands with China’s leader Xi Jinping.

Sky News asked WHO to provide details of which doctors voted to block an emergency declaration from being declared but the organisation declined citing privacy concerns.

“As for your question on voting at the EC: members are independent experts and rules of procedure do not allow us to disclose that,” WHO spokesman Tarik Jašarević told Sky News.

“Important to note that what happened between two meetings was the evidence of human to human transmission outside China.”

The WHO maintained that on January 30 the emergency declaration was blocked because it did not yet have evidence of human to human transmission despite having full knowledge 12,167 had been infected through human to human contact.

The most troubling aspect of the crisis is the language the WHO adopted about in official health alerts, including the way it continued to praise China after being forced to declare the health emergency.

“The Committee emphasised that the declaration of a Public Health Emergency of International Concern should be seen in the spirit of support and appreciation for China, its people, and the actions China has taken on the frontlines of this outbreak, with transparency, and, it is to be hoped, with success,” WHO doctors said.

Sky News revealed last week in an exclusive interview with South China Morning Post news editor Josephine Ma that China buried hundreds of cases in late 2019, delaying global warnings and allowing the spread of the virus to leak into other countries.

That interview has been viewed by millions of people around the world and Mr Adhanom is facing calls to resign for his role in the bungle.

US President Donald Trump has also today called for the body to be defunded and formally investigated for whether ties to China influenced the decision not to early declare travel bans.

The WHO went as far as to criticise countries such as the US for banning travel to China.

Mr Trump called for an investigation into the body which has been widely condemned for praising China’s response to the coronavirus despite the fact the country covered up hundreds of cases in 2019.

The totalitarian regime also locked up doctors who issued early warnings of the coronavirus and continues to lie about case and death figures, according to Chinese journalists.

The WHO has also come under fire for refusing a trainwreck interview where its senior health official awkwardly dodged questions about Taiwan, an independent country China regards as a rebel region which must be reunited with the mainland.

Dr Bruce Aylward was asked if the WHO would reconsider Taiwan’s membership and he pretended he couldn’t hear the question.

When the interview repeated herself the doctor cut her off and asked to move on.

The interviewer refused to move on and the doctor ended the Skype call.

The exchange has been condemned as evidence the WHO is heavily influenced by China.

In Australia, Prime Minister Scott Morrison has indicated his frustration with the WHO suggesting they should be forcing China to shut down the dangerous exotic animal markets which have reopened despite supposedly being the source of the virus.

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/5e8d196323eec60017f0ee31?fbclid=IwAR3OFP3tEK63Ws3MsDSmHIMMBE0ZoI6tDTTXfiPe5K7MS_F_VZUvmzXsdOA

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #206 on: April 08, 2020, 10:51:20 AM »

Very interesting. We're being told not to blame China here in the US but there is mounting evidence that their cover up and misinformation about this virus helped stifle some of the alarm we should have had earlier.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #207 on: April 08, 2020, 01:28:44 PM »

There's certainly plenty of blame to go around.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #208 on: April 08, 2020, 02:45:01 PM »

First goal is to get through this - everywhere
After the dust clears I strongly believe China is going to be crushed by the international community inquiries and will end up paying a big price - financially or whatever
The world cannot stand for their games on this one or the next one.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #209 on: April 08, 2020, 03:48:55 PM »

Very interesting. We're being told not to blame China here in the US but there is mounting evidence that their cover up and misinformation about this virus helped stifle some of the alarm we should have had earlier.

They definitely shoulder some of the blame.

Our intelligence sources briefed Trump on covid, as a threat, in mid-December, and again in early January (and onging from there).

So whatever cover up and misinformation they engaged in, it wasn't SUPER effective given the first case there was November 17th. Most of the worlds leadership knew about this before the calendar flipped to 2020.

As tim said: Plenty of blame to go around.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 03:55:03 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #210 on: April 08, 2020, 03:54:00 PM »

After the dust clears I strongly believe China is going to be crushed by the international community inquiries and will end up paying a big price - financially or whatever

Agreed, to some extent.

We can sort out who has what amount of blame and how to deal with them once we're seeing no (or few) new cases in the US.

But it's important we hold OUR elected officials accountable NOW.  Because they need to be pressured into doing whats right, or local authorities have to compensate for poor/delayed federal responses.

Those kinds of lessons learned can't be ignored just for the sake of getting people through this, because if you do, it's likely more people will die.

The CDC seems to have FINALLY started to get its shit together. The administration still needs some work. Less worry about daily briefing ratings and more worry about marshalling resources to those effected, from patients to small businesses, would be nice.

This isn't a political fight, though I know Trump supporters can't grasp that.  It's a fight for peoples lives, and for using good data and logistics to solve the problem. 

I've been VERY encouraged by what I see OUTSIDE the political theater: People coming together to solve problems...be they medical, logistical, or otherwise...in unique and creative ways.  This is what we are good at!

Together again,
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #211 on: April 08, 2020, 05:50:51 PM »

Agreed, to some extent.

We can sort out who has what amount of blame and how to deal with them once we're seeing no (or few) new cases in the US.

But it's important we hold OUR elected officials accountable NOW.  Because they need to be pressured into doing whats right, or local authorities have to compensate for poor/delayed federal responses.

Those kinds of lessons learned can't be ignored just for the sake of getting people through this, because if you do, it's likely more people will die.

The CDC seems to have FINALLY started to get its shit together. The administration still needs some work. Less worry about daily briefing ratings and more worry about marshalling resources to those effected, from patients to small businesses, would be nice.

This isn't a political fight, though I know Trump supporters can't grasp that.  It's a fight for peoples lives, and for using good data and logistics to solve the problem.  

I've been VERY encouraged by what I see OUTSIDE the political theater: People coming together to solve problems...be they medical, logistical, or otherwise...in unique and creative ways.  This is what we are good at!

C
H
I
N
A

C'mon now - it's not that hard to say it - you'll feel better

Yes - our clunkheads in charge at the moment made it worse but the USA and every other nation was a VICTIM of this nonsense - not the cause

That was my point
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 05:52:31 PM by COMAMOTIVE » Logged
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #212 on: April 08, 2020, 09:02:02 PM »

Agreed, to some extent.

But it's important we hold OUR elected officials accountable NOW.  Because they need to be pressured into doing whats right, or local authorities have to compensate for poor/delayed federal responses.

This isn't a political fight, though I know Trump supporters can't grasp that.  It's a fight for peoples lives, and for using good data and logistics to solve the problem.  

I've been VERY encouraged by what I see OUTSIDE the political theater: People coming together to solve problems...be they medical, logistical, or otherwise...in unique and creative ways.  This is what we are good at!

Yeah good luck with that when Trump today said he'd look into this tiger king bullshit taking over social media. Because this is the time for that.  Roll Eyes

There were glimmers of hope though that the mitigation is starting to work. The models are now showing way less loss of life. Not that 60k dead is anything to celebrate, but compared to initial 100 to 240k estimates. We just can't let Trump and state and local governments take their foot of the gas.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 09:05:53 PM by tim_m » Logged
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #213 on: April 09, 2020, 06:37:18 AM »

Definitely

It's working

Keep this as is
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #214 on: April 09, 2020, 07:06:20 AM »

C
H
I
N
A

C'mon now - it's not that hard to say it - you'll feel better

Yes - our clunkheads in charge at the moment made it worse but the USA and every other nation was a VICTIM of this nonsense - not the cause

That was my point

I have. Twice. In two successive posts.

My point is we can deal with China (and Russia, to a lesser extent, for some of the shady business practices they've engaged in while the world is in crisis) when people aren't dying.

We have to deal with some of the shit at home, NOW, to keep MORE people from dying.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 07:19:10 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #215 on: April 09, 2020, 08:07:07 AM »

And my post said clearly the same thing: Get through this first
Then - it's operation "China Accountability"

cineater
Legend

« Reply #216 on: April 09, 2020, 11:34:27 PM »

I'm not really into the blame game.  You can look back and see where different choices could have been made but who really thought it would come to this?  Every where is not taking precautions even though we now know what's coming.

I'm wearing a mask in public but I was the only one in the drug store wearing it.  The place where sick people are likely to be.  The six foot marks where there for the line up but there wasn't 2 feet between me and the maskless clerk.  I'm trying not to freak everytime my daughter picks up an extra shift at the hospital.  They say we have two to three weeks before the peak here.

All the bad shit set aside, doing pretty well here.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #217 on: April 10, 2020, 03:56:07 AM »

We haven't hit our peak here in Texas yet either. Each day cases are going up several hundred some days its 1k  a day.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #218 on: April 10, 2020, 03:07:13 PM »

I think Florida is also a late bloomer as far as when we will hit the top of the curve.  It's amazing how much harder of a hit NYC has taken compared to the rest of the country.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #219 on: April 10, 2020, 03:39:54 PM »

Diversified culture, subways massive mass transportation, tourist destination - it's kind of the perfect storm for something like this unfortunately.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: