Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:30:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Covid-19 (not gnr related)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Covid-19 (not gnr related)  (Read 151273 times)
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #240 on: April 13, 2020, 09:35:23 AM »

Are you saying that the hotter, more humid weather stifles the spread of the virus?  I hope there is truth to that although I've heard varying things. Warmer weather is around the corner for the entire country.

I'm not saying there is a correlation.  I'm just pointing to the data.  The warmer weather states haven't seen the same growth patterns/curves that the colder weather states have.  Why that is....we don't know yet.

Some that may have to do with where the entry points were early. Washington state and NYC are northern states with cooler weather.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #241 on: April 13, 2020, 10:39:08 AM »

Trump retweeted that Fauci should be fired.

I saw that too and if this happens the cabinet needs to gather and vote to remove this psycho from office.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #242 on: April 13, 2020, 11:26:04 AM »

He has no actual authority to fire him. He doesn't work for the president. He can push him aside though. We all know Trump is allergic to truth and Dr Fauci gives you the blunt truth.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #243 on: April 13, 2020, 11:29:54 AM »

If anything, Trump should step to the side and let Fauci be the face of this but his ego and idiocy won't allow that.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #244 on: April 13, 2020, 11:52:57 AM »

Yep it should only be Dr Fauci and Dr Birx. Everyone else STFU. I'm also sick of this buffoon. Now he says he has the right to order governor's open the states, he doesn't, but when it comes to needed tests and supplies he goes that's that states problems. So which fucking is it? What it comes down to is he will take no blame for anything.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #245 on: April 13, 2020, 12:28:03 PM »

If anything, Trump should step to the side and let Fauci be the face of this but his ego and idiocy won't allow that.

100%
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #246 on: April 13, 2020, 10:09:13 PM »

Well today's covid-19 briefing and I use the term loosely hit an all new low.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #247 on: April 14, 2020, 01:35:26 AM »

Makes you wonder how this will change day to day life.

I mean, will more people start working from home in the future because now they've realized they can?

Will more meetings be done via video conference instead of in person?

Will take out food be more popular then before? Will people continue getting groceries delivered instead of going to the supermarket themselves etc etc etc?

And will people keep washing their hands and keeping their distance....

/jarmo

I certainly hope some of these changes become permanent, from an environmental standpoint.  We have clean air in LA and no traffic.  It's wonderful.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #248 on: April 14, 2020, 01:35:58 AM »

Tomorrow is a new day.

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #249 on: April 14, 2020, 02:17:18 AM »

It has reached insanity levels

If you want to fight the media - call a separate time and place - not here

Watching the rest of the people sit or stand there for two hours while this buffoon tries to correct every bad or dishonest thing said about him is painful.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #250 on: April 14, 2020, 06:45:30 AM »

Makes you wonder how this will change day to day life.

I mean, will more people start working from home in the future because now they've realized they can?

Will more meetings be done via video conference instead of in person?

Will take out food be more popular then before? Will people continue getting groceries delivered instead of going to the supermarket themselves etc etc etc?

And will people keep washing their hands and keeping their distance....

/jarmo

I certainly hope some of these changes become permanent, from an environmental standpoint.  We have clean air in LA and no traffic.  It's wonderful.

I hope so too. A lot of companies could save money by allowing staff to work from home where possible, and like you said, it means less cars on the road.

The only problem, I guess, is people becoming isolated and not going out.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #251 on: April 14, 2020, 07:09:07 AM »

It's not useful.  It's not helpful. If you want to pick fights with the press, hold a separate event for that.  Nobody will air it live, but...hey...at least he can air his grievances.

Ugh.....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #252 on: April 14, 2020, 08:55:23 AM »

Pence needs to run these briefings, maybe Trump can show up once a week. That would be the way to do it.

You can say what you want about George W. Bush, but in the face of an emergency ( 9/11) he brought the country together. At least for a little while. We need more of that from Trump.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #253 on: April 14, 2020, 09:37:54 AM »

Pence needs to run these briefings, maybe Trump can show up once a week. That would be the way to do it.

You can say what you want about George W. Bush, but in the face of an emergency ( 9/11) he brought the country together. At least for a little while. We need more of that from Trump.

He could learn a lot from George W. Bush.  His response in the days after 9/11 got him elected to a 2nd term.

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #254 on: April 14, 2020, 10:22:40 AM »

Agreed

That is because despite his many flaws - George W Bush was a very decent man. Trump does not even have the ability to act like a decent man and he doubles down on his own God complex.

Take a look also at how Bush treated Obama from day one and to this day - mutual respect - peaceful transition of power and they are friends to this day.
Do you think Trump has any ability to accept defeat or be decent to Biden if he loses?
I certainly do not.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #255 on: April 14, 2020, 11:58:02 AM »

I mentioned that we have found "proning" to be an effective form of symptom treatment.  Here's a better explanation of the process:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/14/health/coronavirus-prone-positioning/index.html

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #256 on: April 14, 2020, 12:34:16 PM »

Agreed

That is because despite his many flaws - George W Bush was a very decent man. Trump does not even have the ability to act like a decent man and he doubles down on his own God complex.

Take a look also at how Bush treated Obama from day one and to this day - mutual respect - peaceful transition of power and they are friends to this day.
Do you think Trump has any ability to accept defeat or be decent to Biden if he loses?
I certainly do not.

Bush refused to criticize Obama, but Obama had no problem blaming Bush when it was politically convenient and not all of it was deserved. 

Trump is not a humble man by any stretch. I think he does possess a skill set that is certainly different than previous Presidents & that has served him well when it comes to thinking outside the political box , but its a double edged sword.  He doesn't understand that less is more  when it comes to criticizing his detractors or exaggerating his accomplishments, etc .  We have another topic on here reserved for pointing out what we dont like about our current President so Ill leave it at that.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
cineater
Legend

« Reply #257 on: April 14, 2020, 01:04:03 PM »

At least the news has started to take a more positive approach.  It was all doom and gloom for a while there.  I'm still limiting the amount of it I'm watching. 

We've been locked down for about a month here.  I've read every piece of written material in the house.  Miss my library.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #258 on: April 14, 2020, 01:58:11 PM »

Here is some positive news. The FDA has approved a saliva only test.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #259 on: April 14, 2020, 02:04:15 PM »

Agreed

I certainly do not.

Bush refused to criticize Obama, but Obama had no problem blaming Bush when it was politically convenient and not all of it was deserved. 

Trump is not a humble man by any stretch. I think he does possess a skill set that is certainly different than previous Presidents & that has served him well when it comes to thinking outside the political box , but its a double edged sword.  He doesn't understand that less is more  when it comes to criticizing his detractors or exaggerating his accomplishments, etc .  We have another topic on here reserved for pointing out what we dont like about our current President so Ill leave it at that.

Agreed, I'll just leave it with this, playing a propaganda video in attempt to prove he acted in February which failed during a briefing for this is abhorrent. He needs to too stop playing politics. He needs to start showing empathy and he needs to let the experts lead.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: