Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:28:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Covid-19 (not gnr related)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Covid-19 (not gnr related)  (Read 151536 times)
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #260 on: April 14, 2020, 02:55:44 PM »

Pence needs to run these briefings, maybe Trump can show up once a week. That would be the way to do it.

You can say what you want about George W. Bush, but in the face of an emergency ( 9/11) he brought the country together. At least for a little while. We need more of that from Trump.

Agreed

That is because despite his many flaws - George W Bush was a very decent man. Trump does not even have the ability to act like a decent man and he doubles down on his own God complex.

Take a look also at how Bush treated Obama from day one and to this day - mutual respect - peaceful transition of power and they are friends to this day.
Do you think Trump has any ability to accept defeat or be decent to Biden if he loses?
I certainly do not.

Bush refused to criticize Obama, but Obama had no problem blaming Bush when it was politically convenient and not all of it was deserved. 

Trump is not a humble man by any stretch. I think he does possess a skill set that is certainly different than previous Presidents & that has served him well when it comes to thinking outside the political box , but its a double edged sword.  He doesn't understand that less is more  when it comes to criticizing his detractors or exaggerating his accomplishments, etc .  We have another topic on here reserved for pointing out what we dont like about our current President so Ill leave it at that.

I think Bluto B hit the nail on the head
Trump is ...well...Trump
Dude ain't gonna change

The virus should be the story here
But Trump makes it so hard - because every piece of positive news he makes about his briliance
And every piece of bad news he deflects

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #261 on: April 15, 2020, 06:50:01 AM »

Just a heads up:

The "Get my Payment" tool is up and active, as of this morning, on the IRS.gov site.  This lets you "track" your stimulus payment AND, if the IRS does not have your direct deposit info, I believe it lets you supply that information!

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #262 on: April 15, 2020, 06:35:27 PM »

We already got ours yesterday, people I know got them today.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #263 on: April 15, 2020, 07:30:37 PM »

Got mine today.  I'm off to go support my local restaurant.  Cheesy  So excited I get to leave the house.

You notice come about 3:30 all your friends start checking in?  Hey, I'm trying to nap here.  My social hour is later in the evening.

Total cluster fuck getting my food.  The little Mexican place didn't answer the phone.  Had to wait 45 minutes to pick up my order from Olive Garden and another 45 minutes once I got there.  I watched repeatedly as they messed up the orders.  They put the wrong order in my car and swapped it out when they brought back my soda.  They had two people with the same first name.  They did have on masks and gloves.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 10:54:07 PM by cineater » Logged

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #264 on: April 15, 2020, 11:53:04 PM »

Got mine today.  I'm off to go support my local restaurant.  Cheesy  So excited I get to leave the house.

You notice come about 3:30 all your friends start checking in?  Hey, I'm trying to nap here.  My social hour is later in the evening.

Total cluster fuck getting my food.  The little Mexican place didn't answer the phone.  Had to wait 45 minutes to pick up my order from Olive Garden and another 45 minutes once I got there.  I watched repeatedly as they messed up the orders.  They put the wrong order in my car and swapped it out when they brought back my soda.  They had two people with the same first name.  They did have on masks and gloves.

Haha, who would've guessed a few months ago just getting out of the house for a bit would be something we look do forward to. A month ago my mom was complaining how much she hated driving and never got a day to just stay home. Now she can only go out when necessary and it's driving hey crazy lol.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #265 on: April 16, 2020, 06:19:45 AM »

Haha, who would've guessed a few months ago just getting out of the house for a bit would be something we look do forward to. A month ago my mom was complaining how much she hated driving and never got a day to just stay home. Now she can only go out when necessary and it's driving hey crazy lol.

LOL.  What's funny is how many of us all responded the same way.

We loaded up the car, went for a ride around our area, and then stopped for take out (with almost an hour wait after we placed our order).  When we got to the take out place.....CRAZY BUSY.  And we were all respectful, kept our distance, and went in one at a time to get our food. Wink

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
cineater
Legend

« Reply #266 on: April 16, 2020, 05:42:52 PM »

Total cluster fuck getting my food.  The little Mexican place didn't answer the phone.  Had to wait 45 minutes to pick up my order from Olive Garden and another 45 minutes once I got there.  I watched repeatedly as they messed up the orders.  They put the wrong order in my car and swapped it out when they brought back my soda.  They had two people with the same first name.  They did have on masks and gloves.

LOL.  What's funny is how many of us all responded the same way.

We loaded up the car, went for a ride around our area, and then stopped for take out (with almost an hour wait after we placed our order).  When we got to the take out place.....CRAZY BUSY.  And we were all respectful, kept our distance, and went in one at a time to get our food. Wink

The Sunday family afternoon drive is about to make a come back.  Cheesy

sandman
Legend

« Reply #267 on: April 17, 2020, 11:37:50 AM »

I hope everyone is staying safe. I hope Senator B and everyone else directly impacted financially or otherwise are able to get through this.

so ridiculous that many middle class are getting checks when they are in excellent financial shape and this pandemic is not negatively impacting them. I think many (most?) are in better financial shape because we are not blowing money going out. although there sure as hell are not many sales at the supermarkets! my food bill has gone up a bit.

but hopefully people that can afford it take this money and put it into local businesses. and tip everyone out there working!!! and tip well - grocery store workers, restaruants, coffee shops, etc.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
cineater
Legend

« Reply #268 on: April 17, 2020, 12:07:06 PM »

I hope everyone is staying safe. I hope Senator B and everyone else directly impacted financially or otherwise are able to get through this.

so ridiculous that many middle class are getting checks when they are in excellent financial shape and this pandemic is not negatively impacting them. I think many (most?) are in better financial shape because we are not blowing money going out. although there sure as hell are not many sales at the supermarkets! my food bill has gone up a bit.

but hopefully people that can afford it take this money and put it into local businesses. and tip everyone out there working!!! and tip well - grocery store workers, restaruants, coffee shops, etc.

Yeah, I don't think the middle class needed that money either.  Most of them are still working from home.  I do like what they did with unemployment.  But the middle class does carry a lot of debt because they do go out and spend their money.  Cut off their credit and they will be crying.

I have to give kudos to Amazon.  The perfect combination of the old Sears' mail order catalog and Ford's production line.  These guys kick ass everyday.

I'd like to put my money into my little local businesses but they closed.  The big chain stores are still open.  It's a ghost town out there.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #269 on: April 22, 2020, 08:29:27 AM »

Looks like a bunch of people are already demanding things to get back to "normal"

They demand other people to risk their health so they can get haircuts and so on!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #270 on: April 22, 2020, 08:35:52 AM »

Looks like a bunch of people are already demanding things to get back to "normal"

They demand other people to risk their health so they can get haircuts and so on!

/jarmo

Slightly more complex,no?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #271 on: April 22, 2020, 08:55:44 AM »

They want the lock down restrictions eased now.

Nothing complex about that.

The complexity is about whether or not it can be done now, or not.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sandman
Legend

« Reply #272 on: April 22, 2020, 01:26:05 PM »

They want the lock down restrictions eased now.

Nothing complex about that.

The complexity is about whether or not it can be done now, or not.

/jarmo

actually it is far more complex. some people have starving children because they have no money due to not being able to work. it's easy to lump everyone into a single category and point your finger at them, but it doesn't make sense to do that. For those people dealing with major financial issues, they reach a point where its tough to put the greater good of others over the good of your kids.

of course there are people that want the country opened for more simplistic reasons. in a country of 300+ million, you get all types.

but at some point, the negative impact of shutting down the US economy becomes greater than the risk of the pandemic.

it's a balancing act that we have to manage for the foreseeable future. one that is very complex to say the least.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #273 on: April 22, 2020, 06:37:49 PM »

There shouldn't be starving children, or adults, period. No matter whether or not there's a lock down and/or pandemic!

At the end of the day, it's always been a question about how much heath and a life is worth....

Plenty of people have lost family members who had to keep working during this pandemic.

/jarmo

cineater
Legend

« Reply #274 on: April 22, 2020, 11:08:13 PM »

Yeah, they are freaking me out.  They want to allow business to go back to work May 4th.  The estimated peak is sometime this week. 

sandman
Legend

« Reply #275 on: April 23, 2020, 09:07:16 AM »

There shouldn't be starving children, or adults, period. No matter whether or not there's a lock down and/or pandemic!

At the end of the day, it's always been a question about how much heath and a life is worth....

Plenty of people have lost family members who had to keep working during this pandemic.

/jarmo

how are things in Sweden? sounds like you think the US has done a much better job at handling the pandemic.

no one has the perfect solution. there's risks in every approach. I do understand the argument for Sweden's approach, but damn, that's a risky one.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #276 on: April 23, 2020, 09:52:28 AM »

My county has a population of approx 600,000. There are a total  of 224  COVID-19 cases and 7 deaths, the social distancing measures have worked. But there are some people here that think they are going to die if they leave their house.  Lot of people living in fear.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #277 on: April 23, 2020, 11:13:13 AM »

how are things in Sweden? sounds like you think the US has done a much better job at handling the pandemic.

no one has the perfect solution. there's risks in every approach. I do understand the argument for Sweden's approach, but damn, that's a risky one.

Sweden has the highest number of cases and deaths in the Nordic countries. It's also the most open country of them all.

Shops, restaurants, gyms etc are open. There's no lock down here. People are recommended to work from home and stay away if they're feeling sick. Oh, and to wash their hands.

The US hasn't necessarily done a better job than Sweden. Both countries were slow to put measures in place. Some measures that have been taken in our neighboring countries still haven't been put in place here.

/jarmo

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #278 on: April 24, 2020, 12:45:46 AM »

Sweden has the highest number of cases and deaths in the Nordic countries. It's also the most open country of them all.

Shops, restaurants, gyms etc are open. There's no lock down here. People are recommended to work from home and stay away if they're feeling sick. Oh, and to wash their hands.

The US hasn't necessarily done a better job than Sweden. Both countries were slow to put measures in place. Some measures that have been taken in our neighboring countries still haven't been put in place here.

/jarmo

That's a dangerous approach. I hope you don't end up like other European countries like Italy and Spain.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #279 on: April 24, 2020, 12:47:01 AM »

So Trump's presser today  nervous
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: