Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:03:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Covid-19 (not gnr related)
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Covid-19 (not gnr related)  (Read 151378 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #480 on: September 29, 2020, 12:46:03 AM »

My neighbor has been cleared to return to work.  The guy who had been exposed came back negative.  Good thing because we have been spending a lot of time together since he went out.  Send him back to work, I'm busy.  hihi

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #481 on: September 30, 2020, 12:24:16 AM »

Glad to hear that.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #482 on: October 01, 2020, 12:58:58 AM »

Glad to hear that.

I'm out to lunch with my mother and sister.  My sister is being over protective with my 86 year old mother.  It's a good thing yet here we are in a restaurant.  My sister says she won't get the vaccine when it comes out because she wants to see the side effects on the general population.  And while we're talking about that my mother reaches over and takes a drink of my coffee.  hihi 

I have to say keeping mom home during this has reduced her cognitive abilities and stamina.  She's been getting out a little bit more and is getting some of that back.  But she's been sitting around and her ability to walk around has deceased.  Taking her out of her routine has really had an effect on her.  She's a big baseball fan.  Having that back I think has helped with some of the cognitive functioning.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #483 on: October 01, 2020, 01:50:53 AM »

Glad to hear that.

I'm out to lunch with my mother and sister.  My sister is being over protective with my 86 year old mother.  It's a good thing yet here we are in a restaurant.  My sister says she won't get the vaccine when it comes out because she wants to see the side effects on the general population.  And while we're talking about that my mother reaches over and takes a drink of my coffee.  hihi 

I have to say keeping mom home during this has reduced her cognitive abilities and stamina.  She's been getting out a little bit more and is getting some of that back.  But she's been sitting around and her ability to walk around has deceased.  Taking her out of her routine has really had an effect on her.  She's a big baseball fan.  Having that back I think has helped with some of the cognitive functioning.

That sucks, but glad she's able to get out more now. Is her team in the playoffs?
cineater
Legend

« Reply #484 on: October 02, 2020, 03:23:59 PM »

Glad to hear that.

That sucks, but glad she's able to get out more now. Is her team in the playoffs?

The Cardinals, yeah.  We will get this woman to 100.  It's hard not to want to jump in there and tell her what she can do.  She's older and a little bit slower but she is a grown woman with her own mind and capable of making her own choices.  It just takes a little more time with her.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #485 on: October 02, 2020, 07:30:23 PM »

Glad to hear that.

The Cardinals, yeah.  We will get this woman to 100.  It's hard not to want to jump in there and tell her what she can do.  She's older and a little bit slower but she is a grown woman with her own mind and capable of making her own choices.  It just takes a little more time with her.

Hope they win for her tonight,
cineater
Legend

« Reply #486 on: October 03, 2020, 10:36:13 AM »

Glad to hear that.

That didn't happen and they are out of the playoffs.  hihi  We have some family stuff going on to keep her interest.  Unfortunately my state is high in covid cases at the moment.  You kind of hate to get the family together.  We could expose the whole family.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #487 on: October 03, 2020, 03:24:49 PM »

Glad to hear that.

That didn't happen and they are out of the playoffs.  hihi  We have some family stuff going on to keep her interest.  Unfortunately my state is high in covid cases at the moment.  You kind of hate to get the family together.  We could expose the whole family.

Yeah, i saw the game it wasn't a good one for the cards. That sucks stay safe there. Here we are still hovering in the 2-6k range.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #488 on: October 10, 2020, 11:40:15 PM »

We had our highest number yet in the state today.  But people, in masks, were all over the place today.  Me among them.  I had trouble finding parking.  The neighboring county lifted their ban on high school sports under pressure from the parents, not that they wanted to. 

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #489 on: October 11, 2020, 01:05:16 AM »

We had our highest number yet in the state today.  But people, in masks, were all over the place today.  Me among them.  I had trouble finding parking.  The neighboring county lifted their ban on high school sports under pressure from the parents, not that they wanted to. 

Not just in the US unfortunately, France is seeing a big spike, Italy, Ontario as well. We were warned a bigger worse wave would come in the fall The US in general had its highest total since June 57k.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #490 on: October 11, 2020, 06:31:12 PM »

Not just in the US unfortunately, France is seeing a big spike, Italy, Ontario as well. We were warned a bigger worse wave would come in the fall The US in general had its highest total since June 57k.

I wondered how other countries were doing.  Are they on lock down or just social distancing? 

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #491 on: October 12, 2020, 05:58:02 PM »

I wondered how other countries were doing.  Are they on lock down or just social distancing? 

The uk is getting bad again too. They're doing closures of bars and restaurants in places it's spiking, putting mask mandate back in place. Italy had stopped requiring them.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #492 on: October 13, 2020, 10:50:11 AM »

Well that was wrong.  The computer program that counts our numbers malfunctioned and reported way more cases then we had.  They took it offline until it can be fixed.  The Halloween Store is reporting a larger number of kid's Halloween costumes are being sold this year.  The recommendation is for the kid's to not go trick or treating, party with family at home.  Totally didn't agree with that and apparently neither does the rest of the people.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #493 on: October 17, 2020, 02:35:20 PM »

Pfizer thinks they are close to have a vaccine, maybe by the end of November.  I know my state has given their immunization plan to the CDC.  It would be nice to be back to normal by next spring.

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #494 on: October 17, 2020, 06:00:48 PM »

Well that was wrong.  The computer program that counts our numbers malfunctioned and reported way more cases then we had.  They took it offline until it can be fixed.  The Halloween Store is reporting a larger number of kid's Halloween costumes are being sold this year.  The recommendation is for the kid's to not go trick or treating, party with family at home.  Totally didn't agree with that and apparently neither does the rest of the people.

I believe we can take a year off from Halloween. That's a lot of close proximity going on with the door knocking and such. Unless the message gets out to leave the candy out in the bucket and take your chances that jerky teenagers (like me when I was younger) would hoard all of the good eats.

Then again - half the fun of Halloween is opening the door and seeing the different costumes and how much everyone enjoys that day -Idk.. no good answer but I'd vote to give it a year off.  peace
cineater
Legend

« Reply #495 on: October 17, 2020, 08:54:10 PM »

I believe we can take a year off from Halloween. That's a lot of close proximity going on with the door knocking and such. Unless the message gets out to leave the candy out in the bucket and take your chances that jerky teenagers (like me when I was younger) would hoard all of the good eats.

Then again - half the fun of Halloween is opening the door and seeing the different costumes and how much everyone enjoys that day -Idk.. no good answer but I'd vote to give it a year off.  peace

We could.  I'm not but at least I have a choice.  We'll be doing our social distancing around the firepit and passing out candy to the kids from the driveway.  I think the risk is pretty low.  I am though using covid as an excuse not to drive an hour away for Thanksgiving dinner.

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #496 on: October 18, 2020, 05:13:50 AM »

We could.  I'm not but at least I have a choice.  We'll be doing our social distancing around the firepit and passing out candy to the kids from the driveway.  I think the risk is pretty low.  I am though using covid as an excuse not to drive an hour away for Thanksgiving dinner.

That's a good plan -

I think Covid has provided many an "out" in terms of things like Thanksgiving dinners and tiresome gatherings
cineater
Legend

« Reply #497 on: October 18, 2020, 12:54:40 PM »

I'm kind of surprised that people aren't talking more about the possibility of a vaccine being ready by the end of November.  The news treats it like a political football if they mention it at all.  And then they make it clear it would go to those most at risk first.  Nobody asks how fast and how much they can produce.  The estimate of when most of the population would have it available to them.  I'm ready to put this worry behind me.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #498 on: October 19, 2020, 02:21:31 AM »

I wouldn't place any bets on it being ready in November or this year. Three have had to pause trials for unexplained illnesses.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #499 on: October 19, 2020, 08:12:57 AM »

I wouldn't place any bets on it being ready in November or this year. Three have had to pause trials for unexplained illnesses.

Moderno and Pfizer are both still going.  In fact, Pfizer expanded enrollment, late last month, from 30k to 44k so they could enroll teens (16 and up).

Both are on pace, assuming no unexplained illnesses, to wrap up in mid to late November. 

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: