Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:17:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Covid-19 (not gnr related)
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Covid-19 (not gnr related)  (Read 151360 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #620 on: December 19, 2020, 07:16:39 PM »

HoHo up, what 's this?
https://abc7ny.com/uk-cancles-christmas-gatherings-boris-johnson-coronavirus-restrictions-covid-cases-england/8898761/

LONDON -- Families must cancel their Christmas gatherings and most shops have to close in London and much of southern England, Prime Minister Boris Johnson said Saturday as he imposed a new, stricter level of coronavirus restrictions on the region to curb rapidly spreading infections.

A fast-moving new variant of the coronavirus that is more than 70% more transmissible than existing strains appears to be driving the rapid spread in London and southern England, Johnson said. London now has the highest infection rates in England.

"There's no evidence to suggest it is more lethal or causes more severe illness," he stressed, or that vaccines will be less effective against it.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #621 on: December 19, 2020, 09:02:39 PM »

Because I can't help but think there may not be another Christmas for some people, I'm doing it up big time this year.  No stick on bows, ribbons and fancy bows for everyone.  All gifts get wrapped even if they have to go in a bag.  My mother is getting her one gift from me but Santa is showing up for her this year and giving her 3 more.  One that's going to knock her Christmas socks off.  hihi  I hope all of you have your best Christmas ever!  Cheesy

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #622 on: December 21, 2020, 11:35:41 AM »

EU agency OKs COVID-19 vaccine, 1st shots expected in days

AMSTERDAM (AP) — The European Union drug regulator recommended the BioNTech-Pfizer coronavirus vaccine for use Monday, raising hopes that the 27 nations in the bloc can begin administering the first shots to their citizens shortly after Christmas.

---

European Commission
@EU_Commission

We have just authorised the first COVID-19 vaccine!

Following the recommendation of the European Medicines Agency, we have granted a conditional market authorisation for the BioNTech/Pfizer vaccine

#EUVaccinationDays will start soon.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 02:41:47 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #623 on: December 21, 2020, 11:42:48 PM »

EU agency OKs COVID-19 vaccine, 1st shots expected in days

AMSTERDAM (AP) — The European Union drug regulator recommended the BioNTech-Pfizer coronavirus vaccine for use Monday, raising hopes that the 27 nations in the bloc can begin administering the first shots to their citizens shortly after Christmas.

---

European Commission
@EU_Commission

We have just authorised the first COVID-19 vaccine!

Following the recommendation of the European Medicines Agency, we have granted a conditional market authorisation for the BioNTech/Pfizer vaccine

#EUVaccinationDays will start soon.

/jarmo

Did Europe stock the vaccine before it was approved?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #624 on: December 22, 2020, 04:27:54 AM »

Did Europe stock the vaccine before it was approved?

I'm sure they made orders before they were approved.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #625 on: December 22, 2020, 06:58:29 AM »

I've been cussing the post office.  They've had my package in town since the 16th.  I ordered this back on the first.  Shipping has slowed way down.  Finally asked my mail man what was going on.  He said on the 6th, the other carriers stop accepting packages from businesses and all that got dumped on them.  They are buried.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #626 on: December 22, 2020, 07:16:57 AM »

I've been cussing the post office.  They've had my package in town since the 16th.  I ordered this back on the first.  Shipping has slowed way down.  Finally asked my mail man what was going on.  He said on the 6th, the other carriers stop accepting packages from businesses and all that got dumped on them.  They are buried.

My oldest daughter had this happen!  She ordered something on the first, from amazon.  It FINALLY showed up yesterday.

It was prime!!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #627 on: December 22, 2020, 10:09:54 AM »

My oldest daughter had this happen!  She ordered something on the first, from amazon.  It FINALLY showed up yesterday.

It was prime!!

We've had issues with Prime shipping but not that bad. How fast our packages arrive seems to depend on the facility it originates from. There is one in my city, if it originates there it never gets there the same day we ordered it even if it is a arrives by 10 pm today item. If it originates from any of the other local facilities it gets here that day. I don't know if the facility in my city is understaffed or what.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #628 on: December 22, 2020, 10:18:48 AM »

I had my Nightrain hoodie arrive after months last summer... International mail is a lot worse than domestic....

Meanwhile in Sweden, number of cases are growing. Sweden is ranked 12th in the world. 

I still see people go to the supermarket, stop to chat with friends while they're inside the supermarket etc. Like nothing worth noting is actually going on.

Yesterday a local supermarket decided to try to help with the pre-Christmas crowding by dedicating one entrance as the entry, and the other as exit only. After nine months of the pandemic! Better late than never?

/jarmo

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #629 on: December 22, 2020, 11:26:02 AM »

I had my Nightrain hoodie arrive after months last summer... International mail is a lot worse than domestic....

Meanwhile in Sweden, number of cases are growing. Sweden is ranked 12th in the world. 

I still see people go to the supermarket, stop to chat with friends while they're inside the supermarket etc. Like nothing worth noting is actually going on.

Yesterday a local supermarket decided to try to help with the pre-Christmas crowding by dedicating one entrance as the entry, and the other as exit only. After nine months of the pandemic! Better late than never?

/jarmo

Crazy! Has Sweden started vaccinations yet?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #630 on: December 22, 2020, 01:33:09 PM »

The European Union, Sweden included, are scheduled to start on the 27th.

/jarmo

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #631 on: December 22, 2020, 02:04:15 PM »

The European Union, Sweden included, are scheduled to start on the 27th.

/jarmo

Is your distribution plan the same as ours as far as who is first in line?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #632 on: December 22, 2020, 02:47:03 PM »

I think all countries have their own plans.

Basically the elderly and people in important roles have priority.

/jarmo

cineater
Legend

« Reply #633 on: December 22, 2020, 04:18:28 PM »

Talked to the mailman again today.  The main office downtown is so packed they only have one little square to work in and the place is huge.  Basically if you haven't got it yet it's probably not going to make it.  I got my last package this morning.  Hopefully my daughter got my GNR pinball shirt in.  I'm masking up but I'm not sitting out Christmas.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #634 on: December 22, 2020, 05:36:43 PM »

I think all countries have their own plans.

Basically the elderly and people in important roles have priority.

/jarmo

So basically same as here. Our frontline workers are getting it first. Next will be those 75 and over and frontline essential workers.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #635 on: December 22, 2020, 05:37:38 PM »

Talked to the mailman again today.  The main office downtown is so packed they only have one little square to work in and the place is huge.  Basically if you haven't got it yet it's probably not going to make it.  I got my last package this morning.  Hopefully my daughter got my GNR pinball shirt in.  I'm masking up but I'm not sitting out Christmas.

Has she gotten the first vaccine dose yet since she's a healthcare worker?
cineater
Legend

« Reply #636 on: December 22, 2020, 06:22:32 PM »

Not yet, maybe this week.  She only occasionally works the covid floor.  She does work the floor where a lot of elderly patients come in.  She told me last week she wasn't going to get it.  I think I guilted her into it and the hospital is pretty much insistent.  She's afraid they don't know the long term effects. 

And she's young and invincible.  Been there done that kid.  You just don't see the long term effects until later.  hihi

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #637 on: December 22, 2020, 07:44:05 PM »

Not yet, maybe this week.  She only occasionally works the covid floor.  She does work the floor where a lot of elderly patients come in.  She told me last week she wasn't going to get it.  I think I guilted her into it and the hospital is pretty much insistent.  She's afraid they don't know the long term effects. 

And she's young and invincible.  Been there done that kid.  You just don't see the long term effects until later.  hihi

Oh ok, glad she doesn't work that floor often, but still being around a lot of elderly, if she gets it and passes it on to them it could be terminal. I imagine most healthcare workers are going to be required to get it. I expect my sister will be not too far down the line. She is a phlebotomist who works for a OBGYN. So she's obviously around a lot of vulnerable women that are pregnant or trying to do so. Since it hasn't been tested on pregnant women yet, i can't imagine a scenario where her boss doesn't require it.

Hahaha yeah, we all think that when we're young nothing can hurt us and were invincible and gonna live forever. Doesn't work out that way though. I'm personally more worried about the long term effects of the virus then the vaccine, especially with this new strain spreading around the UK and Australia now.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #638 on: December 23, 2020, 12:40:51 AM »

Oh ok, glad she doesn't work that floor often, but still being around a lot of elderly, if she gets it and passes it on to them it could be terminal. I imagine most healthcare workers are going to be required to get it. I expect my sister will be not too far down the line. She is a phlebotomist who works for a OBGYN. So she's obviously around a lot of vulnerable women that are pregnant or trying to do so. Since it hasn't been tested on pregnant women yet, i can't imagine a scenario where her boss doesn't require it.

Hahaha yeah, we all think that when we're young nothing can hurt us and were invincible and gonna live forever. Doesn't work out that way though. I'm personally more worried about the long term effects of the virus then the vaccine, especially with this new strain spreading around the UK and Australia now.

How's your friend's brother?

I think she should get it just so she doesn't catch covid and give it to me, my mother or her patients.  To me, this is more about stopping the spread and protecting others.  The hospital requires the flu shot.  They should require this in my mind.

Looks like I'll be in the general population group.  I don't mind, kind of like being at home.  The remodeling guys have come and gone.  Not before I got them with the Santa Baby doll when they came back to install the HVAC system.  She sings and at the appropriate moment flashes her breasts.  hihi  They got a big kick out of it.  They are coming back someday to install a ball cock.  They started it, I was just going with the theme.  Cheesy

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #639 on: December 23, 2020, 11:18:17 AM »

How's your friend's brother?

I think she should get it just so she doesn't catch covid and give it to me, my mother or her patients.  To me, this is more about stopping the spread and protecting others.  The hospital requires the flu shot.  They should require this in my mind.

Looks like I'll be in the general population group.  I don't mind, kind of like being at home.  The remodeling guys have come and gone.  Not before I got them with the Santa Baby doll when they came back to install the HVAC system.  She sings and at the appropriate moment flashes her breasts.  hihi  They got a big kick out of it.  They are coming back someday to install a ball cock.  They started it, I was just going with the theme.  Cheesy

He's recovering slowly but has recovering but has residual effects. He gets out of breath and coughs a lot.

Yeah, we all want to get back to normal, this is the quickest way. The sooner we do it the sooner we slow and stop the spread.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: