Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:37:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Covid-19 (not gnr related)
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Covid-19 (not gnr related)  (Read 151393 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #760 on: February 10, 2021, 10:26:33 PM »

Got some rather upsetting news today from my BFF's brother. Covid-19 damaged his heart further. He now has to have defibrillator put in, he has to stop working and go on disability. This is why i get so mad at people who downplay this damn virus.  Cry

It should not be this hard but tell him to get a lawyer to get that disability from social security.  You'd think it would be obvious but SS doesn't not want to approve anybody for disability.  My brother's stroke should have made him eligible but they told him he could still work, take tickets at a movie theater.  Actually he couldn't even do that but they thought he could for a "few hours" a day.  The uber to get him there would have cost more than he earned, that's if anybody would hire him, let him sit in a wheel chair and be okay with him being unable to read those tickets.  Never should have had to hire a lawyer to get what he had paid into for years.

That is all kinds of messed up.

I hate to say it but I think they were stalling as they do with a lot of folks banking on he would die and they wouldn't have to put him on.  On average it takes about 2 years and a lawyer involved to get your social security disability.  I never would have believed it but something changed in how they determine eligibility a while back and it's been a nightmare since.  Might have something to do with Medicare too because after you've been on disability for two years you don't have to wait until you are 65 to get it.  You're adding unhealthy people to the overall group and bringing up costs.

They found the more contagious UK variant in my state.  My daughter is nuts if she thinks we're having a wedding reception in June for 250 people.  She's already had one little bridezilla moment here.  I'm expecting a few more.  hihi  I'm not sure what to do to help make this special for her but working with me would help.
Kids lol

She finally admitted this morning the wedding probably won't happen.  I let that ride because who wants to deal with bridezilla at breakfast.  hihi  I had my kid back and I wasn't going to test the waters.

They report our numbers are back down to where they were in August.  St Louis County can go back to 50 percent in restaurants.  Think that's more because the restaurants are suing. 

Yeah the holiday surge is subsiding finally. We were under 80k in the hospitals yesterday for the first time since November 18th. I just hope we don't see a superbowl surge.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #761 on: February 10, 2021, 11:13:47 PM »

I don't know about the super bowl but we have Valentine's Day coming up.  Restaurants are packed for that and then you have Easter.  We have an arctic cold front.  Nobody wants to leave the house.  It's going to be around for a couple of weeks.

Somebody shot a bald eagle that later died.  The assholes are still out and about.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #762 on: February 11, 2021, 01:54:30 AM »

I don't know about the super bowl but we have Valentine's Day coming up.  Restaurants are packed for that and then you have Easter.  We have an arctic cold front.  Nobody wants to leave the house.  It's going to be around for a couple of weeks.

Somebody shot a bald eagle that later died.  The assholes are still out and about.

Hopefully by the time Easter comes around we can get to widespread availability of the vaccine. We're at 1.5 million a day already up from 1.1 million 2 weeks ago

Yep that storm is going to get all the way to me in Texas. I like the cold but this is too cold even for me. We are supposed to hit 4F Monday morning.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #763 on: February 11, 2021, 07:39:15 AM »

1.5 million vaccines per day.

Wow. Thats pretty amazing

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #764 on: February 11, 2021, 08:11:32 AM »

Yep, i hope we can get to 2 million a day in the next week or so depending on what supply we have and can get.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #765 on: February 11, 2021, 10:48:54 AM »

Just got my 2nd jab! Fully vaccinated!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
cineater
Legend

« Reply #766 on: February 11, 2021, 05:28:40 PM »

I probably just got exposed.  I'm driving in and stop to talk to the neighbor to see how she's doing after her breast cancer surgery only to find out she and her husband are recovering from covid.  He just came home after a few days stay in the hospital with oxygen.  And she's talking to me with no mask on.  I was driving so no mask for me either.  Couldn't step on the gas petal fast enough.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #767 on: February 12, 2021, 04:10:06 AM »

Any symptoms afterwards? My mom is on the waitlist to get hers. Originally she didn't want it but she changed her mind thankfully.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #768 on: February 12, 2021, 04:10:57 AM »

I probably just got exposed.  I'm driving in and stop to talk to the neighbor to see how she's doing after her breast cancer surgery only to find out she and her husband are recovering from covid.  He just came home after a few days stay in the hospital with oxygen.  And she's talking to me with no mask on.  I was driving so no mask for me either.  Couldn't step on the gas petal fast enough.

Ugh, hopefully the interaction wasn't long enough for transmission.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #769 on: February 13, 2021, 01:05:26 AM »

And those other people are still out and about.  Funeral workers leave the van with a dead body in it running at the gas station.  Criminals jump in and off they go for a tour of St Louis.  Took a couple of days but they got caught going to Walmart in the marked funeral van.  Body still in it.  I hope when I die criminals steal the hearse and take me on one last adventure.  hihi

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #770 on: February 13, 2021, 03:49:36 AM »

And those other people are still out and about.  Funeral workers leave the van with a dead body in it running at the gas station.  Criminals jump in and off they go for a tour of St Louis.  Took a couple of days but they got caught going to Walmart in the marked funeral van.  Body still in it.  I hope when I die criminals steal the hearse and take me on one last adventure.  hihi

That's messed up.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #771 on: February 13, 2021, 06:47:38 AM »

Any symptoms afterwards? My mom is on the waitlist to get hers. Originally she didn't want it but she changed her mind thankfully.

First dose: sore arm and fatigue. Gone in 36 hours.

Second dose: sore arm,extreme fatigue, low grade fever, hot and cold flashes. The shivers from the cold flashes were the worst of the side effects. Gone in 36 hours.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #772 on: February 13, 2021, 07:40:42 AM »

Second dose: sore arm,extreme fatigue, low grade fever, hot and cold flashes. The shivers from the cold flashes were the worst of the side effects. Gone in 36 hours.

That doesn't sound fun but better then having a tube shoved down your throat. Did you take anything for the low grade fever and chills?
cineater
Legend

« Reply #773 on: February 17, 2021, 11:50:03 PM »

tim, you got power?  Frozen into social isolation here.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #774 on: February 18, 2021, 12:45:42 AM »

I get my second at 3PM EST tomorrow. First shot was sore arm and actually the opposite of you, not fatigue but wired for about 15-18 hours. I had the Moderna shot. I've heared that that shivering and cold sweats were the worst of the 2nd shot symptoms. We had some other police and fire departments up here really plan poorly with how the delivered them... with huge percentages of the departments out sick at once.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 12:48:28 AM by C0ma » Logged
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #775 on: February 19, 2021, 08:45:11 AM »

We lost power multiple times. We had 4 extended outages of 12+ hours starting Monday and finally ending Wednesday afternoon.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #776 on: February 19, 2021, 01:43:44 PM »

That doesn't sound fun but better then having a tube shoved down your throat. Did you take anything for the low grade fever and chills?

It really wasn't that bad. I'd taken the day after off, just in case.  Sleeping for the better part of 36 hours isn't so tough. Wink

Nope, I didn't take anything.  If the fever broke 101, or the worst of the chills had lasted longer than about 12 hours, I would have.

But they say letting it run it's course, if you can, is a good "trainer" for your immune system...so I just let it go.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 01:46:04 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #777 on: February 19, 2021, 04:19:07 PM »

Pfizer released some good news today. It no longer needs to be stored in super cold temps and 1 shot gives you significant protection.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #778 on: February 19, 2021, 06:14:41 PM »

We lost power multiple times. We had 4 extended outages of 12+ hours starting Monday and finally ending Wednesday afternoon.

Take that next stimulus check and get a backup generator.  Or convince your favorite neighbor to get one.  hihi  Never hurts to have your own power supply especially with the changing weather we've been having.  I didn't think it even snowed in Texas.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #779 on: February 19, 2021, 10:50:22 PM »

Take that next stimulus check and get a backup generator.  Or convince your favorite neighbor to get one.  hihi  Never hurts to have your own power supply especially with the changing weather we've been having.  I didn't think it even snowed in Texas.

No can do, i'm in an apartment and you can't use gas powered generators because you can't keep it far enough way from the buildings. The best we  could do it a battery powered one to use very small things.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: