Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:49:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Covid-19 (not gnr related)
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Covid-19 (not gnr related)  (Read 151410 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #840 on: April 05, 2021, 11:35:51 PM »

Good luck, i hope your vaccine experience is as uneventful as mine.

They called to confirm for Monday.  I'm expecting totally uneventful.  Think my future S-I-L is caving and will get it and my daughter will follow.  They want to get in that honeymoon.

Seems like it just depends on the person. I had nothing but a sore arm. Another friend of mine who got the Pfizer one the other day had a headache the next day.

A couple of my friends got the headache after the second shot.  I'm prone to headaches.  We'll see, good excuse to sit on the couch.

Had another garden lead quit today because she doesn't want to have to wear a mask when she comes on campus yet she won't get the vaccine.  And she has to frequently go check up on her 82 year old mother.  None of that made any sense to me.  hihi

Crazy anti vaxxers.

Some of the places here are allowing you to go to their site and make an appointment rather then wait to be contacted.  Don't think that's because they have an over abundance of vaccines. 

I was reading where the development of this vaccine has push medicine forward and we could see better cancer treatments, regenerate muscle in hearts.  Stuff I don't understand and I'm sure is going to generate a lot of controversy when you start messing with human cells.  No new discoveries come without mistakes.

Yep, this technology has been in development for more then a decade. This isn't just some thing they decided to try last year.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #841 on: April 05, 2021, 11:36:26 PM »

In, out and uneventful.  I got the Pfizer vaccine.  Even scheduled my next appointment.

Hope you don't have too bad symptoms.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #842 on: April 06, 2021, 12:26:04 AM »

In, out and uneventful.  I got the Pfizer vaccine.  Even scheduled my next appointment.

I have one of the weird symptoms.  I left the band aide on while I worked outside all afternoon.  Now I have a band aide tan.  hihi

I actually thought she poked me with the needle and was waiting for the injection.  hihi  Bee stings hurt worse then this.  And this doesn't itch.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #843 on: April 06, 2021, 05:12:55 AM »

I have one of the weird symptoms.  I left the band aide on while I worked outside all afternoon.  Now I have a band aide tan.  hihi

I actually thought she poked me with the needle and was waiting for the injection.  hihi  Bee stings hurt worse then this.  And this doesn't itch.

LOL!

Haha yeah, the needle was nothing. I barely felt it honestly.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #844 on: April 06, 2021, 07:55:32 AM »

Some of the places here are allowing you to go to their site and make an appointment rather then wait to be contacted.  Don't think that's because they have an over abundance of vaccines. 

I was reading where the development of this vaccine has push medicine forward and we could see better cancer treatments, regenerate muscle in hearts.  Stuff I don't understand and I'm sure is going to generate a lot of controversy when you start messing with human cells.  No new discoveries come without mistakes.

Everything in CT is appointment based.  You have to schedule your shot...no walk ups as far as I'm aware (except for extra doses at the end of a day).

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
cineater
Legend

« Reply #845 on: April 10, 2021, 02:07:59 PM »

Things are opening up here.  I think I'm going to miss my pandemic coma.  hihi  It was nice not having all those demands and expectations from outside.  Suddenly my calendar is packed and I find myself not wanting to go to bed just to have that quiet and alone time late at night.  All horrible things aside with the pandemic, the upside was pretty nice.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #846 on: April 11, 2021, 12:33:44 AM »

My grand daughter who is 11 has covid.  She's feeling much better.  Just had a sore throat and a fever.  Got a rapid test.  So far the rest of the family doesn't have it.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #847 on: April 11, 2021, 02:25:30 AM »

My grand daughter who is 11 has covid.  She's feeling much better.  Just had a sore throat and a fever.  Got a rapid test.  So far the rest of the family doesn't have it.

Yikes! Hoping for a quick recovery for her and that rest of the family doesn't get it.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #848 on: April 11, 2021, 03:35:55 PM »

Yikes! Hoping for a quick recovery for her and that rest of the family doesn't get it.

She's feeling better.  She was at school last week and her other grandparents took her out of town the week before.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #849 on: April 12, 2021, 10:58:42 AM »

A good friend of mine lost his uncle to covid last night. Very sad. 

It's still out there. It's still serious. And its still killing people.

Be careful!

Together again,
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #850 on: April 12, 2021, 03:31:02 PM »

We have some of the most relaxed restrictions I know and people still don't respect the recommendations.

One person per household in the shops. How hard can it be?

A lot of people seem to think "but it doesn't affect me".  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #851 on: April 12, 2021, 08:38:42 PM »

We have some of the most relaxed restrictions I know and people still don't respect the recommendations.

One person per household in the shops. How hard can it be?

A lot of people seem to think "but it doesn't affect me".  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

That's how it is for a lot of people, it's not real until affects me personally.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #852 on: April 12, 2021, 08:39:14 PM »

A good friend of mine lost his uncle to covid last night. Very sad. 

It's still out there. It's still serious. And its still killing people.

Be careful!

Sincere condolences for your loss.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #853 on: April 15, 2021, 03:51:27 AM »

A week and a half later, I still have a knot under the skin at the injection site with a faint bruise, a little tender.

Muerto
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #854 on: April 15, 2021, 05:30:04 PM »

Lucky for those who have already been vaccinated, from time to time I review this topic to have a better overview of those who have already been vaccinated. Here in Mexico the Government programmed stages, first with health personnel in the front line, and currently with adults over 60 years of age or older, and teachers continue at the end of April. I will be 42 years old and I estimate that until August or September it would be my turn.

We are wrapping up the first week past the Easter break, so the next wave of infections could start to grow. The only good thing is that today my parents were already vaccinated and did not get infected when my sister was positive with some symptoms of care. My son has some symptoms but we have to pay for the test for about $ 18 USD since there is no where to apply it for free in my area. The doctor indicated that it is only a pharyngitis caused by the high temperatures of the season, a thermal sensation of up to 40 ° C, so we only have to continue with the already known prevention measures.

peace
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #855 on: April 16, 2021, 07:59:08 AM »

A week and a half later, I still have a knot under the skin at the injection site with a faint bruise, a little tender.

Covid arm is a pretty common side effect.  This is one representation of it.  In other cases, you'll get a big, round/oval, raised rash around the injection site. It looks almost like a big bug bite.  It might itch and/or be sore under pressure.

Usually the symptoms resolve in a couple weeks. Sometimes they take a little longer.

If you have to have a 2nd shot, you might want to consider the other arm. Or not.  Depends on how bad and how long the symptoms persist.

Together again,
cineater
Legend

« Reply #856 on: April 16, 2021, 08:16:27 AM »

Covid arm is a pretty common side effect.  This is one representation of it.  In other cases, you'll get a big, round/oval, raised rash around the injection site. It looks almost like a big bug bite.  It might itch and/or be sore under pressure.

Usually the symptoms resolve in a couple weeks. Sometimes they take a little longer.

If you have to have a 2nd shot, you might want to consider the other arm. Or not.  Depends on how bad and how long the symptoms persist.

Thanks for that.  I do have a little rough skin.  I figured it was normal.  I thought I would hit up the other arm with the second shot but not sure if it makes any difference.  Not really a big deal just something you notice.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #857 on: April 16, 2021, 10:18:40 PM »

I did my non dominant arm both times, just in case it was seriously sore.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #858 on: April 17, 2021, 09:33:02 AM »

So far the worst immunization shot I've had has been the shingles shot.  Felt like you got knuckle punched.  Noticeably hurt for days. 

Hard to keep up on reports of side effects with the larger population now receiving shots.  Maybe lack of information means there is none.  I think the only one they are concerned about is the J&J one.  And then there's talk of a booster shot.  With what's going on around me, it seems like people have forgot there's a pandemic.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #859 on: April 18, 2021, 01:26:39 AM »

So far the worst immunization shot I've had has been the shingles shot.  Felt like you got knuckle punched.  Noticeably hurt for days. 

Hard to keep up on reports of side effects with the larger population now receiving shots.  Maybe lack of information means there is none.  I think the only one they are concerned about is the J&J one.  And then there's talk of a booster shot.  With what's going on around me, it seems like people have forgot there's a pandemic.

Yep this booster shots i got when i was a kid hurt easy worse then this ever did.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: