Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:40:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Covid-19 (not gnr related)
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Covid-19 (not gnr related)  (Read 151395 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #900 on: July 07, 2021, 08:36:10 AM »

The southwest corner of the state is going up, mostly because they have the lowest vaccine rates.  Where I'm at we mostly forgot about it but now there is concern what's happening there is going to hit us.  I may have to get out my masks again.  Not even sure where they are.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #901 on: July 07, 2021, 11:23:06 PM »

The southwest corner of the state is going up, mostly because they have the lowest vaccine rates.  Where I'm at we mostly forgot about it but now there is concern what's happening there is going to hit us.  I may have to get out my masks again.  Not even sure where they are.

Yeah there are 5 states seeing considerable spikes due to low vaccination rates in parts of the states, Alabama, Arkansas, Missouri, Colorado and Nevada. Louisiana and Wyoming aren't doing good either.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #902 on: July 08, 2021, 12:28:21 AM »

Yeah there are 5 states seeing considerable spikes due to low vaccination rates in parts of the states, Alabama, Arkansas, Missouri, Colorado and Nevada. Louisiana and Wyoming aren't doing good either.

They found people in Wyoming?  hihi  It's the one place looking out on the vast plains that reminds me of looking out at the ocean.  The world is really a big place.

I'm getting ready to have a roofing crew here.  I had to go through the last lock down with a construction crew.  I think I'll go crazy locked in the house with guys hammering on the roof.  hihi

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #903 on: July 09, 2021, 08:37:46 PM »

They found people in Wyoming?  hihi  It's the one place looking out on the vast plains that reminds me of looking out at the ocean.  The world is really a big place.

I'm getting ready to have a roofing crew here.  I had to go through the last lock down with a construction crew.  I think I'll go crazy locked in the house with guys hammering on the roof.  hihi
That's gonna be LOADS of fun.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #904 on: July 23, 2021, 07:13:38 PM »

St Louis is going back to a mask mandate indoors and in crowded outdoor events.  Missouri also initiated a drawing for cash for people who get vaccinated.

I'm reading a book about a yellow fever out break in Philadelphia in 1793.  Everybody is dying.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #905 on: July 23, 2021, 09:00:08 PM »

Yeah, you are in a bad location. Missouri has one of the lowest vaccination rates in the country. Texas just got to 50
% with one shot. I will definitely be wearing a mask at the show on September 1st. I don't trust people to do the right thing.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #906 on: July 29, 2021, 12:36:36 AM »

The county council rescinded the mask mandate but the county executive says it's still in effect.  Some of the council members said they would have voted for it but the executive didn't ask their permission to make a mask mandate.  So while you people fight over who's in charge, public health is kicked to the curb.  "Tell me who you going to believe."

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #907 on: July 29, 2021, 01:16:12 AM »

The county council rescinded the mask mandate but the county executive says it's still in effect.  Some of the council members said they would have voted for it but the executive didn't ask their permission to make a mask mandate.  So while you people fight over who's in charge, public health is kicked to the curb.  "Tell me who you going to believe."

This is what happens when you make something political that shouldn't be political..
cineater
Legend

« Reply #908 on: July 29, 2021, 10:09:09 AM »

Once I left work, my twice a year cold didn't happen.  And we found the flu almost went away while we were all at home during covid.  Now we have an Olympian bowing out of competition due to mental health.  I'm liking these developments in health and it being okay to stay home from work.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #909 on: July 29, 2021, 10:18:16 AM »

Once I left work, my twice a year cold didn't happen.  And we found the flu almost went away while we were all at home during covid.  Now we have an Olympian bowing out of competition due to mental health.  I'm liking these developments in health and it being okay to stay home from work.
Me too, it is so sad the hate she's getting for it though. No wonder there's such a stigma around mental health and why people don't seek help. We need to start saying it is ok to not be ok.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #910 on: August 03, 2021, 12:09:00 AM »

The University took us back to everybody indoors has to be masked.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #911 on: August 03, 2021, 10:45:13 AM »

Yup, we're back there too.  Not super surprised, all things considered.

Especially when you have a good portion of the country expressing the "the delta variant is just something the media is trying to scare us with" sentiment.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #912 on: August 03, 2021, 12:53:56 PM »

Yup, we're back there too.  Not super surprised, all things considered.

Especially when you have a good portion of the country expressing the "the delta variant is just something the media is trying to scare us with" sentiment.

And my mom is buying it hook, line and sinker.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #913 on: August 03, 2021, 11:53:35 PM »

Maybe if we offered a free gun with every shot or an extra vote, we could get these remaining folks on board.    rant

Oh, mail them a body bag for self service.  hihi

Yeah, I can't come up with a real solution to these folks, just keep talking to them and help if bad things happen.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #914 on: August 04, 2021, 07:56:03 AM »

Maybe if we offered a free gun with every shot or an extra vote, we could get these remaining folks on board.    rant

Oh, mail them a body bag for self service.  hihi

Yeah, I can't come up with a real solution to these folks, just keep talking to them and help if bad things happen.

Insurance companies should double premiums on those who are not vaccinated and/or refuse to cover health care costs related to COVID for the unvaccinated.

They do it (the increased premiums) for smokers.

That's the only thing that will move the needle.  You have to find a way to hit the unvaccinated in the pocketbook or in the "conveniences".  You have to make the choice a difficult one, so it's ACTUALLY about principal and not politics.

I am totally on board with them having a choice.  But their choice has to come with responsibilities for that choice.  Increased insurance/healthcare costs, more limited employment/school choices, etc.  
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 08:05:33 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #915 on: August 04, 2021, 02:21:56 PM »

Maybe if we offered a free gun with every shot or an extra vote, we could get these remaining folks on board.    rant

Oh, mail them a body bag for self service.  hihi

Insurance companies should double premiums on those who are not vaccinated and/or refuse to cover health care costs related to COVID for the unvaccinated.

They do it (the increased premiums) for smokers.

That's the only thing that will move the needle.  You have to find a way to hit the unvaccinated in the pocketbook or in the "conveniences".  You have to make the choice a difficult one, so it's ACTUALLY about principal and not politics.

I am totally on board with them having a choice.  But their choice has to come with responsibilities for that choice.  Increased insurance/healthcare costs, more limited employment/school choices, etc.  

With freedom comes great responsibility and consequences. What's your take on what NYC is doing with requiring vaccines for restaurants, gyms and entertainment venues? I'm not certain this could hold up in court but we'll see.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #916 on: August 04, 2021, 06:53:52 PM »

Once the FDA gives final approval, I think you'll see a lot more places make it mandatory.  Our current vaccines aren't required because the kids get them in order to go to school so it's assumed the majority of the public is safe. 

We're already a vaccinated society on somethings.  Why should this be any different?  I'm wondering back in history when the vaccines for things like small pox came out if the adults rush to get them too.  Not even sure if small poxes is a childhood vaccine any more.  It was when I was a kid.  On polio, I worked for an adult who said she got all the kids the vaccine but didn't think about herself and she got it.  Maybe they didn't do anything for the adults.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #917 on: August 05, 2021, 05:44:58 AM »

Once the FDA gives final approval, I think you'll see a lot more places make it mandatory.  Our current vaccines aren't required because the kids get them in order to go to school so it's assumed the majority of the public is safe. 

We're already a vaccinated society on somethings.  Why should this be any different?  I'm wondering back in history when the vaccines for things like small pox came out if the adults rush to get them too.  Not even sure if small poxes is a childhood vaccine any more.  It was when I was a kid.  On polio, I worked for an adult who said she got all the kids the vaccine but didn't think about herself and she got it.  Maybe they didn't do anything for the adults.

I'm just not sure a government can require businesses to mandate it. I know they're required for school, daycare, the military, to travel to certain countries etc.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #918 on: August 05, 2021, 01:00:42 PM »

I'm just not sure a government can require businesses to mandate it. I know they're required for school, daycare, the military, to travel to certain countries etc.

I know in food service they get vaccines for hepatitis and hospital workers get the flu shot.  Not sure if that's required or just a business practice?  I think businesses will do what they need to do to stay open.  But who can argue with we have a national health emergency and the government can take steps to protect people?

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #919 on: August 05, 2021, 01:59:47 PM »

I know in food service they get vaccines for hepatitis and hospital workers get the flu shot.  Not sure if that's required or just a business practice?  I think businesses will do what they need to do to stay open.  But who can argue with we have a national health emergency and the government can take steps to protect people?

Most healthcare organizations (including my employer) have mandated vaccination with compliance (both shots) ordered by late September.

Many state agencies are doing the same.  Universities, too.

Some larger employers are starting to consider it, too (Tech companies, Airlines, Disney, Walgreens, Walmart (executives, regional managers, and all new hires)).

It's coming.  It's just taking awhile.

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: