Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:57:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Covid-19 (not gnr related)
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Covid-19 (not gnr related)  (Read 151399 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1060 on: May 20, 2022, 03:47:46 PM »

Welp, spoke too soon.

Tonight's test was positive.

See you on the other side, hopefully in 5 to 7 days.
Hopefully you'll only feel it for a few days like the rest of the family. For me,, the stuffy nose lasted for weeks.

My eldest had a nasty head cold.  They've been symptom free since last Friday, and tested negative. Was about 5 days of symptoms for them.

My wife had a nasty head cold and her cough was icky.  She's improving more slowly than my eldest did, as she's on day 6 of symptoms, and still coughing (though less, finally)! She doesn't feel terrible...she just can't kick the cough. Still testing positive.

I have the sniffles and a scratchy throat.  Day 4 for me.  I barely feel sick, other than being more tired than usual.  If I hadn't tested positive, I'd chalk this up to seasonal allergies (and the symptoms may just be....no idea...maybe I'm asymptomatic and positive with allergies).  Very faint positive test this morning.

Wife and I are both on antivirals.

Nobody, so far, had it bad enough that we ever worried about hospitalization or feared for our health.

Two younger kids continue to be symptom free and test negative....so far.

Are the little ones vaccinated? 

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1061 on: May 21, 2022, 07:01:19 AM »

Welp, spoke too soon.

Hopefully you'll only feel it for a few days like the rest of the family. For me,, the stuffy nose lasted for weeks.

My eldest had a nasty head cold.  They've been symptom free since last Friday, and tested negative. Was about 5 days of symptoms for them.

My wife had a nasty head cold and her cough was icky.  She's improving more slowly than my eldest did, as she's on day 6 of symptoms, and still coughing (though less, finally)! She doesn't feel terrible...she just can't kick the cough. Still testing positive.

I have the sniffles and a scratchy throat.  Day 4 for me.  I barely feel sick, other than being more tired than usual.  If I hadn't tested positive, I'd chalk this up to seasonal allergies (and the symptoms may just be....no idea...maybe I'm asymptomatic and positive with allergies).  Very faint positive test this morning.

Nobody, so far, had it bad enough that we ever worried about hospitalization or feared for our health.

Your symptoms sound like what mine were. I had like one day where i think i might've been a little feverish. It was basically like having allergies or a slight head cold. My mom had a nasty cough and sore throat for 3-4 days. She was living on tea and soup. My dad and her bf had symptoms like mine.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1062 on: May 25, 2022, 05:17:12 AM »

Welp, spoke too soon.

Paxlovid?

Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1063 on: May 25, 2022, 08:35:55 AM »

Are the little ones vaccinated?  

LOL! Sorry, I have to laugh at this only because nobody has called my two youngest "little" in a very long time.  My son, who's my middle child, is 6ft7 (and 17).  My youngest daughter is 5ft10, 14, and built like a linebacker. Smiley

They are both fully vaxxed and  boosted.  And their symptoms have been even less than mine.  Two days of the sniffles and a sore throat...and low energy.  They are probably going back to school on Friday.

We are basically all through it at this point!  Everyone has recovered fully.  Two youngest still test positive, but....school says they have to come back after 5 days if they have no symptoms, and just mask.  

Yay to approximately 90 days of immunity.  I think I'll go out and lick some fire hydrants.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 08:37:36 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1064 on: May 25, 2022, 08:36:39 AM »

Paxlovid?

Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery.

Thanks! And YUP!

Covid has literally left a bitter taste in their mouth. Wink

Together again,
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1065 on: June 05, 2022, 09:31:25 PM »

Several people I know have covid or are quarantining.  Nobody is getting that sick.

Muerto
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1066 on: June 16, 2022, 08:31:33 PM »

Here in Mexico the fifth wave of COVID has already begun, a time of sudden changes in temperature with the rainy season and a lot of heat, like many friends, my family and I went through mild symptoms, my wife remains with persistent cough and treatment doctor, I hope it doesn't get worse and we'll be better soon.  peace
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1067 on: June 16, 2022, 08:41:00 PM »

Here in Mexico the fifth wave of COVID has already begun, a time of sudden changes in temperature with the rainy season and a lot of heat, like many friends, my family and I went through mild symptoms, my wife remains with persistent cough and treatment doctor, I hope it doesn't get worse and we'll be better soon.  peace

I hope so too.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1068 on: June 19, 2022, 02:04:40 AM »

Oh, what the fuck?  We have our first case of Monkeypox in town.  You too Houston.  "We've got a problem."   hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1069 on: July 17, 2022, 03:01:53 PM »

Fuck, I've got it and I was every where this week with all kinds of people.  But not with my pregnant daughter or my 89 year old mother.  Just feels like a cold with body aches.  Yesterday was the worst of it and I feel better today.

My friend chewed me out for 5 minutes on how this effects her.  Well the next time I say I want to roll down the window and have a quick smoke before we get there, you may not want to act like it's going to kill you.  Geez, we don't even know I had it then.  We could have both picked it up at the same place.

The good news is I thought I jacked my back up by running the trimmer and mower for 5 hours.  But it's this and I can still do that.  I was going to be really pissed if I couldn't keep up my gardening.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 11:52:58 PM by cineater » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1070 on: July 17, 2022, 07:33:43 PM »

Three other people at pinball have it.  Were they not going to tell us?  They got sick before I did.  I would have started wearing my mask if I had known I had been exposed.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1071 on: July 18, 2022, 11:59:30 PM »

Way better today.  I got that new drug, Paxlovid.  My friend found out another person also exposed her the day after I did.  She's a sitting duck.  Tested negative today but she isn't clear yet.  And add two more pinball players to the list.  Good call, they cancelled play tomorrow night.

Problem though, BA5 variant doesn't give you immunity and you can get it again.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1072 on: July 22, 2022, 01:41:56 PM »

I think I was over it yesterday.  I kind of like revisiting the covid stay home policy.  I did get an email from the county health department ordering me to do certain things.  Kind of weird getting "ordered".  No consequences threaten for not following orders.  They were collecting data for the most part and giving advice.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1073 on: August 01, 2022, 11:43:18 PM »

You think the saying, avoided me like the plague, will be replaced by, like covid?   hihi

I was thinking today, gunned down may someday be replaced with droned down.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1074 on: September 19, 2022, 04:34:51 PM »

Get ready for your health insurance premiums to go up.  The kid just got market base raise and it was big.  I doubt that was out of the goodness of their hearts or pay back for all the overtime and risking your life during covid.  There's a nursing shortage and they are fighting just to cover shifts.  Buying employees from each other.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1075 on: October 04, 2022, 07:35:50 AM »

Get ready for your health insurance premiums to go up.  The kid just got market base raise and it was big.  I doubt that was out of the goodness of their hearts or pay back for all the overtime and risking your life during covid.  There's a nursing shortage and they are fighting just to cover shifts.  Buying employees from each other.

Same boat.  We are paying crazy amounts of money for resource pool/per diem nurses...300 million dollar shortfall this year, mostly based on labor costs.  It's crazy.

Together again,
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1076 on: October 04, 2022, 02:09:26 PM »

Same boat.  We are paying crazy amounts of money for resource pool/per diem nurses...300 million dollar shortfall this year, mostly based on labor costs.  It's crazy.

I was surprised my insurance actually went down for next year.  Something about getting an Alzheimer medication cheaper.  They have been so focused on the price of prescriptions, they don't see the nursing costs coming.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1077 on: October 08, 2022, 12:31:44 AM »

Pilferk, I managed to get a hospital in patient and an out patient surgery patient both discharged at the same time, wheeled out the same door in a big hospital complex and in my car within 30 seconds of each other!  Amazed?  My daughter laughed when I told her what I hoped to do.  Admittedly, I thought I was a little off my rocker too.  I am fucking Wonder Woman!

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1078 on: October 11, 2022, 11:56:15 AM »

Got both the flu and covid shots yesterday.  Felt like shit when I got up but I've walked it off.  Just sore arms.

The kid is starting to freak out about her pregnancy.  There's just something about setting up the nursery that makes it all too real for the first time mom.  I gave the daddy a heads up, she's going to be a bundle of nerves from here on out.  And yes, sweetie, they do let you take that baby home from the hospital.  You who don't know shit, have got this.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1079 on: October 15, 2022, 11:01:27 AM »

My insurance company decided to send us a $300 gift card.  Says to help us through the economic effects of covid.  Limits us to spending it on "healthy foods", utilities and gas.  I'm assuming they knew we were getting our quarterly stock reports and are worried some folks might be contemplating the reason to continue living.   hihi

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: