Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:36:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Covid-19 (not gnr related)
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Covid-19 (not gnr related)  (Read 151342 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1080 on: October 16, 2022, 02:01:35 AM »

I generally just talk things out when I'm a little freaked.  When my daughter in law gave birth, I left the hospital and got a frantic call from my son that they couldn't stop the bleeding and were transferring her to another hospital.  The other hospital told us the birth hospital should have been able to handle it.  So when my daughter told me she was giving birth at the same birth hospital, freak on.  

Not going to remind my daughter of that.  She has her own freak going on.  That hospital was pretty much brand new back then, they did catch the problem and it has been 14 years.  I'll express my concerns to the birthing nurse and she'll settle me down.  But this sucks, I'm going to have to walk out of there and leave my baby alone, in someone else's care, with her own baby.  Being a mom is tough no matter how old the kid gets.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1081 on: October 22, 2022, 12:19:09 PM »

I think I got too many gifts to take up to the hospital.   hihi  I'm just going to give random mommy gifts up to the birth and afterwards.  I'm having a great time spoiling my baby.  Hers, done with gifts you won't remember kid, working on your college fund.  But not before I bought that second stuffed animal.   Grin

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1082 on: October 27, 2022, 11:09:30 AM »

I told my daughter when you're pregnant it seems like the news is full of bad things happening to pregnant women.  And here we are getting closer to the birth and there was a shooting at a maternity ward.  And today we had a little earth quake out of the area where Missouri has been waiting for another big one to happen.   hihi

And not to mention RSV.

Not a worrier, I'm a problem solver.  I've got this grandma thing (with a little help from Amazon).

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1083 on: October 27, 2022, 02:30:02 PM »

Hold on, when I use to watch the earth quake map as a hobby I noticed you have a little one in the US, there was a bigger one some where else in the world a day or two later.  Maybe I should be worried about Team Brazil.  Weren't they in Japan for an earth quake before?

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1084 on: October 30, 2022, 07:11:47 PM »

Fuck.  My sister leaves town on a Tuesday leaving my elderly mother and disabled brother home alone.  They are 45 minutes from me.  And my daughter is scheduled to give birth that Wednesday.  I had seriously considered taking that week to see GNR in Singapore.  Just like when GNR and Van Morrison played Vegas all those years ago.  "Hear the whistle but I can't go."

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1085 on: November 15, 2022, 02:26:53 AM »

Guess this will be the medical thread.  My daughter texted me at 1:15 AM.  She's in labor.  Cheesy  And it's starting to snow.  Undecided

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1086 on: November 15, 2022, 12:28:53 PM »

Guess this will be the medical thread.  My daughter texted me at 1:15 AM.  She's in labor.  Cheesy  And it's starting to snow.  Undecided

Good luck to you both!!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1087 on: November 15, 2022, 02:43:36 PM »

Good luck to you both!!

1:30 PM and she's just got to the hospital.  Snow wasn't anything but then the highway got shut down and now there was no parking at the hospital.  hihi  But she's in the room.  I'll go up in a bit.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1088 on: November 16, 2022, 12:52:43 AM »

Odin showed up at 10:30 PM.  6lbs, 11ozs.  Everybody healthy and happy.  He's so cute.  Labor went well.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1089 on: November 16, 2022, 10:22:03 PM »

One little baby and all your clicking shit off right on time and accomplishing that list today goes right to hell.   hihi  Love my daughter's husband.  Odin starts crying and he's on it.  I could spend all my time babying my baby (just because the daddy needed to hold baby, I'll get my time!  Cheesy). 

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1090 on: November 17, 2022, 06:10:27 PM »

I call to check in with my 89 year old mother this morning because my sister is out of town.  She's having dizzy spells.  Check in with her all day long, perks up when I say I'm coming down to stay with her until my sister gets back as soon as I get the kids home.  She's still dizzy tonight.  Hope this is just one of her spells but I know she's worried about being home alone.  Last time that happens mom.  And my daughter was okay until she got home with the baby, now a little worried.  Yes they do let you take those home.  Not worried, the SIL can diaper and swaddle the baby like he's changing tires at Indy.   hihi  I'm available by text but I'd really like to get some sleep.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1091 on: November 19, 2022, 02:49:16 PM »

Do old people need a different kind of mattress?  Mom's been complaining for a while now her back hurts.  Her mattress is like sleeping on a slab.  My back hurt after the first night.  I have a foam pillow topper.  It's like sleeping in a cloud.  I'm wondering if I need to get her one of those?

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1092 on: November 23, 2022, 09:10:29 PM »

"I really like those underwear you guys had me get.  I'm going to order more of those."  I bet my sister's mouth fell open.   hihi  My mother needed some underwear for incontinence.  My sister tried to get her to get some for over a year.  I show up and tell her she needs some (and keep talking). 

"They don't look like pullups any more, look just like regular underwear.  All the young girls now wear them for their period.  Here, look at them on Amazon."  And she lets my sister order some.  My sister is amazed I got that far with her.  "Bet she won't wear them."  But she washed them up the first day they came and has been wearing them since.   hihi

And that's how you get to an old woman, looks like normal and the young girls wear them.  And how you shock your sister.   Cheesy

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1093 on: December 01, 2022, 10:41:11 AM »

Really flashing hard.  Not that it's a disruption to my life or disturbing.  Just caught me off guard and unexpected.  My memories are a little different from other peoples and I keep them mostly to myself.  I can pinpoint the combo that brought this up.  It will pass, not that it needs to.  More of a hey that's kind of cool my defenses are still in place.

That probably doesn't make much sense to other folks.  Just I've never been able to answer the question of how did you survive years of that when most people would fall.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1094 on: December 05, 2022, 04:56:55 PM »

My daughter replies to my text of pictures of the birth.  "That's the only picture of me and the baby."
I text back a picture, over her shoulder, her bare breasts and the baby feeding.  "Yeah that's fair, I am usually topless whenever I'm holding him."
You are whenever I see you.   hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1095 on: December 05, 2022, 10:45:52 PM »

Oh great, two people at the party Friday night are testing positive for covid.  I'm taking no chances.  Cancelled my pancake breakfast I was hosting Saturday for the same group.  We'll do a zoom meeting and I'll treat them at the next quarterly meeting.  The chickens will be going gang busters on producing by then so we'll have fresh eggs.  Change that, we are up to 4 people.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 09:34:15 PM by cineater » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1096 on: December 07, 2022, 03:31:45 PM »

I was out with another retired coworker.  I call it flashing, she has another name for it which I forget but her too.  I know what triggered her, somebody brought up trivia night.  Yeah that's a weird little trigger.  hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1097 on: December 07, 2022, 05:15:59 PM »

Recreational pot becomes legal in my state tomorrow.  Back in the day I would have celebrated that in a big way now, pass me some coffee.   hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1098 on: December 17, 2022, 04:07:15 PM »

I just don't know what to say or that I have to say anything.  I have three friends with dying parents.  One just died.  The death watch is just something you go through with friends when you get to a certain age.  It's like the opposite of when you and your friends all went through the weddings and babies.  Who's up next and is it you?  Everybody got dealt the death card.

I guess it's last year's losses.  My internet friend, Soon, disappeared and we assume the worse.  My old college friend Gary died.  It was months before we got word.  We assume a drug overdose.  No idea where the bodies went.  Don't know what to say about those either.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2022, 09:27:21 AM by cineater » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1099 on: December 29, 2022, 11:24:30 AM »

My friend's dad passed this morning.  For all our hopes that we just drop dead, I think it's better if you linger a while.  Give your family a chance to accept it while you're still there.

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: