Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:27:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Streaming shows?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Streaming shows?  (Read 22419 times)
GnRScouse
Rocker

« on: March 24, 2020, 04:48:04 AM »

I see Metallica streamed pro shot footage of gig from last year and you can watch on youtube anytime. You think GnR may do something, even some old gigs?

"Nothing to bitch at today!"
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 06:24:45 AM »

I’d love them to but I sincerely and regrettably consider that this will NOT happen.

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
hunter80
Headliner

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 07:42:43 AM »

Would be awesome but won’t happen. Closest we will get is those Sirius XM shows. For GNR to deliver what Metallica did yesterday and the quality of the stream isn’t in the books.

11/8/02, 11/10/06, 11/11/06, 11/2/11, 12/13/11, 12/16/11, 12/27/11, 2/21/12, 11/3/12, 11/17/12, 11/24/12, 5/24/14, 5/25/14, 5/30/14, 5/31/14, 6/7/14, 4/9/16, 8/15/16, 11/17/17
hunter80
Headliner

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 10:06:32 PM »

None of the above. It was a fan’s idea given what the world is going through. Metallica is doing this every week as I understand and is playing some great shows for free for the world. Shoot, Austin City Limits just opened their massive vaults for free so people can stream and stay home. It is a good idea for GNR too but it won’t happen. No $$$ in it.

11/8/02, 11/10/06, 11/11/06, 11/2/11, 12/13/11, 12/16/11, 12/27/11, 2/21/12, 11/3/12, 11/17/12, 11/24/12, 5/24/14, 5/25/14, 5/30/14, 5/31/14, 6/7/14, 4/9/16, 8/15/16, 11/17/17
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 04:04:30 AM »

Besides Metallica, what I have watched so far is Dropkick Murphy's, Motorhead and a local Balkan band. Radiohead are doing the same and I am considering watching it this evening. I even hosted a watch party for a first time in my life in Facebook for the Motorhead show yesterday. It was cool as plenty of my Facebook friends joined. I liked it. I will make one this evening for Radiohead. And yes, I will have a blast if there is a GN'R one. Hopefully they will put some.   

"...It don't really matter..."
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2020, 06:11:11 AM »

From what I’ve read they shot the LA show in 2016 for a possible future release so maybe they will steam this?
Would be nice to get something like that from the band.  ok
cineater
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2020, 12:58:48 PM »

Slash's cat video was pretty cool.  Cheesy  Cat going for a ride in the car is always a dangerous adventure.  hihi

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2020, 03:26:25 PM »

Sorry, let me try that again.

Why won't GN'R do this?

-They cannot do it for some reason

-or-

-They don't want to do it

The answer is: We don't know.

We don't know who owns the footage that was shot.  It may have been committed to the label and a specific production company.  You can't just release the shows without involving those entities, or whoever was given rights to the footage.

They could ask, if they were of a mind, but we have no idea what the answer would be.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2020, 11:00:30 AM »

Would be great to get some kind of show to keep us going while stuck in doors at this time.
I wouldn’t mind paying for the stream.
wakeup
Headliner

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2020, 10:29:51 PM »

They should let people post all the stuff they keep taking down for a short time.  Several performances I would love to see that have disappeared over the years from YouTube.   
cineater
Legend

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2020, 10:50:35 PM »

The Dead are streaming a show every Friday night and asking for a donation to MusiCares COVID-19 Relief Fund.  I donated in the name of the Grateful Dead.  I'd like to do that again in GNR's name.  Cheesy

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
I don't know, don't really care
Let there be songs to fill the air
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 10:53:50 PM by cineater » Logged

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2020, 01:06:12 AM »

The Dead are streaming a show every Friday night and asking for a donation to MusiCares COVID-19 Relief Fund.  I donated in the name of the Grateful Dead.  I'd like to do that again in GNR's name.  Cheesy

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
I don't know, don't really care
Let there be songs to fill the air

Amen
Josh
Headliner

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2020, 12:10:37 PM »

Why won't GN'R do this?

-or-

We don't know who owns the footage that was shot.  It may have been committed to the label and a specific production company.  You can't just release the shows without involving those entities, or whoever was given rights to the footage.

They could ask, if they were of a mind, but we have no idea what the answer would be.

As of 2012 Metallica operates under its own record label, owns all masters, has independent distribution deals, capability to press vinyl... everything.  GNR basically belongs to Universal Music Group, so just a guess but they likely have much less control over doing this kind of thing. 
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2020, 02:31:32 PM »

Why won't GN'R do this?

-or-

As of 2012 Metallica operates under its own record label, owns all masters, has independent distribution deals, capability to press vinyl... everything.  GNR basically belongs to Universal Music Group, so just a guess but they likely have much less control over doing this kind of thing. 

There's your answer.  Also, even if GNR could do something like this, why would people already jump to the assumption they're not doing it because they don't want to?  Metallica just started their thing last week.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2020, 02:35:05 PM »

"For musicians unable to tour, UMG plans to provide them with the “tools and platforms” they need to reach fans during this time. Many artists have already turned to livestreaming as a way to connect with fans and make up some of the income they lost from concert cancellations, and UMG will help them easily share their work on every possible platform. The label’s Universal Music app will additionally offer enhanced data so that artists can best reach their fans."

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/universal-music-group-coronavirus-relief-plan-all-together-now-975198/

Come on GN'R, make use of the opportunity.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2020, 04:13:38 AM »

Why won't GN'R do this?

-or-

I have my doubts that Guns have some kind of 360 contract where they don’t own their own live shows, releasing them for sale may be a different case but I doubt Universal were involved when they sold the show to Sirius xm for example.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2020, 07:14:31 AM »

"For musicians unable to tour, UMG plans to provide them with the “tools and platforms” they need to reach fans during this time. Many artists have already turned to livestreaming as a way to connect with fans and make up some of the income they lost from concert cancellations, and UMG will help them easily share their work on every possible platform. The label’s Universal Music app will additionally offer enhanced data so that artists can best reach their fans."

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/universal-music-group-coronavirus-relief-plan-all-together-now-975198/

What would they live stream?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2020, 07:31:27 AM »

/jarmo

Any show from 2016 to 2020?
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2020, 09:29:27 AM »

/jarmo

They mention livestreaming as a way to connect with the fans, not necessarily the only option.

Metallica is going the "streaming older shows" route for instance.

Live Nation has prepared an overview: https://www.livenation.com/livefromhome

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2020, 11:19:25 AM »

SiriusXM just announced starting today it is letting everyone listen for free until May 15th.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: