Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:59:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Streaming shows?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Streaming shows?  (Read 22420 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2020, 08:20:48 PM »

I just noticed several songs from Chicago '92 are up on the official Youtube page, although they aren't easy to find:

Doesn't seem like something they (GN'R) added.

Seems more like it's been added automatically by some other music distributor. Just like these companies sell bootleg CDs/DVDs on Amazon, I guess they've started popping up on YouTube as well.

I've seen bootlegs on Spotify as well and I doubt the artists added those.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2020, 10:33:52 PM »

I just noticed several songs from Chicago '92 are up on the official Youtube page, although they aren't easy to find:

Doesn't seem like something they (GN'R) added.

Seems more like it's been added automatically by some other music distributor. Just like these companies sell bootleg CDs/DVDs on Amazon, I guess they've started popping up on YouTube as well.

I've seen bootlegs on Spotify as well and I doubt the artists added those.

/jarmo

Interesting, I thought the artists had control of these Youtube accounts going by their names. I mean, they did release the AFD boxset promos through that same account:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHakH5MY0c8

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2020, 06:48:45 AM »

The videos aren't on the GN'R YouTube page. You can't see them when you go to the GN'R channel and look at the videos there.

They just show up in the GN'R "topic".

When it says "Provided to YouTube by ......" it wasn't uploaded by the official GN'R channel...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2020, 11:07:09 AM »

Yes youtube works that way, when your channel is verified and gets the musical quaver beside the name anything that any digital distributor uploads gets tagged with your channel  ok (same with spotify apparently).
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2020, 11:38:38 AM »

Download have decided to go virtual and stream old performances so might be a possibility of streaming the 2018 headline appearance. Lineup yet to be announced

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-52306714
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2020, 11:57:28 AM »

Download have decided to go virtual and stream old performances so might be a possibility of streaming the 2018 headline appearance. Lineup yet to be announced

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-52306714

Hope so, but chances are slim I'm afraid. GN'R hasn't exactly been willing to share much in the past...

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2020, 03:23:43 AM »

I'd love to see Leeds 2002 shown, infact the whole day, but that one was a will they or won't they show up vibe, and as the start time passed because of problems with the Prodigy set break down. Then they hit the stage only to be told at they would have to finish early, Axl had a rant, Leeds council said continue its okay to past the curfew and a stellar show ensued.  Ladies and gentlemen let me introduce to you, Buckethead... ok Totally badass show.

No disrespect to the band today, but that show had everything that was the good, bad and the ugly, to me it was the best buildup to a show that I've been to. The others musically may have been better, but as an event, this had everything.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2020, 07:52:03 AM »

I'd love to see Leeds 2002 shown, infact the whole day, but that one was a will they or won't they show up vibe, and as the start time passed because of problems with the Prodigy set break down. Then they hit the stage only to be told at they would have to finish early, Axl had a rant, Leeds council said continue its okay to past the curfew and a stellar show ensued.  Ladies and gentlemen let me introduce to you, Buckethead... ok Totally badass show.

No disrespect to the band today, but that show had everything that was the good, bad and the ugly, to me it was the best buildup to a show that I've been to. The others musically may have been better, but as an event, this had everything.

I feel the same actually. Probably the best time I've seen them....remember that huge gap after Prodigy, the tension building, not knowing what to expect or whether they'd even be there? Fantastic.

That show felt totally special, as you'd say. It also felt that the people there to see GNR weren't many, but the excitement among the ones that were was huge. It was probably a time when 'casual' fans didn't exist - the band had been in the wilderness so long. And the industry was different too, and less geared up the nonstop nostalgia that it is now.

I also remember how bad The Prodigy were! The singer actually acknowledged it from the stage (something like 'we'll be off the stage soon') and they seemed genuinely apologetic. I later read that they ranked that show as the worst they ever did and considered splitting up because of it!

The whole show was up on youtube a few years ago.....sadly it's been wiped now and I don't have a visual copy.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2020, 03:42:06 PM »

I really doubt that will start streaming any of the Buckethead era shows, if there was going to be a show streamed you’d imagine it would be from the current lineup and yes, even with that there is only a slim chance.
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2020, 05:21:54 AM »

I really doubt that will start streaming any of the Buckethead era shows, if there was going to be a show streamed you’d imagine it would be from the current lineup and yes, even with that there is only a slim chance.

I agree with this, it has the infamous reply to the "Where's Slash " rant, "fuckhead go home,,,,"
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2020, 05:44:40 PM »

https://www.livenation.com/livefromhome

This seems to be the go to place for live streaming from bands, updated daily with new gigs streamed.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2020, 10:42:26 PM »

I have to give a shout out to these live streams.  Cheesy  The ones I'm watching are taking charitable donations.  Each show is running around $10,000 in donations.  Caught Metallica on Monday, had never seen them.  Watching Phish now, never seen them either.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2020, 03:01:26 AM »

I am following Billboard on this. Link below. So far, I've watched Metallica, Dropkick Murphy's, Radiohead and Cypress Hill. At least those are the ones I was interested watching.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/9335531/coronavirus-quarantine-music-events-online-streams

"...It don't really matter..."
cineater
Legend

« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2020, 09:50:16 AM »

https://gnrtruth.com/thread/9291/quarantine-hangs-frank-ferrer-video  Thanks to GNRTruth for this find.  Lets see what Frank is up to.

Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2020, 11:14:25 AM »

Pink Floyd is streaming fridays, they released Pulse last week! tommorow comes live from pompeii  ok
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2020, 11:48:09 AM »

Pink Floyd is streaming fridays, they released Pulse last week! tommorow comes live from pompeii  ok

Yeah, I watched last week as well. Fantastic. I'd die for the Venice one.  peace

"...It don't really matter..."
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2020, 01:11:09 AM »

Speaking of webcasts, I was rewatching Velvet Revolver's 2007 Myspace webcast. I wish they would release that from the original master source because all the webcast recordings have the kind of crappy streaming quality that 2007 had to offer.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2020, 05:12:58 AM »

Apparently Metallica will be streaming some shows from the 1992 tour with Guns over the next few weeks.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2020, 05:58:10 AM »

Got those both in DVD. Great shows.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2020, 12:23:06 PM »

It would be great if you'd post the links when they are happening.  Cheesy

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: