Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:43:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Streaming shows?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Streaming shows?  (Read 22539 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2020, 11:40:25 AM »

Any show from 2016 to 2020?

So which ones do they have filmed, recorded, mixed and ready for streaming?

Rock In Rio 2017 was on TV. So that one maybe, but I'm not sure if they own the rights to it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2020, 01:46:14 PM »

Rock In Rio 2017 was on TV. So that one maybe, but I'm not sure if they own the rights to it.

/jarmo

Dodger stadium 2016, Troubadour 2016 and Coachella are the only ones I know about besides Rio.
There could be more and Coachella footage may require a release from the festival but I think any of these would be great for fans.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2020, 02:28:28 PM »

So you're saying those are ready for streaming?

Just because something was filmed, doesn't mean it's ready for streaming/release.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2020, 02:50:57 PM »

/jarmo

If a whole show is too much of a hassle, maybe individual songs?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2020, 04:04:54 PM »

Just because something was filmed, doesn't mean it's ready for streaming/release.

/jarmo

I think, to be fair, the band should be professionally recording a lot of their shows for their own future. It's a bit odd if they have not done so.

It would be a good time now to have a presence while people are at home. It's a good time to innovate
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2020, 04:18:23 PM »

I don't know what's been recorded, professionally, to be honest.

I remember there being a film crew at the Dodger Stadium show. But then all the other shows do have a video crew with cameras that they use for the screens. Now I don't know if that's recorded or not.

/jarmo

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2020, 04:28:04 PM »

I remember there being a film crew at the Dodger Stadium show. But then all the other shows do have a video crew with cameras that they use for the screens. Now I don't know if that's recorded or not.

/jarmo

It will be, I'd be very surprised if the band didn't record the shows.
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2020, 06:07:18 AM »

/jarmo

I don’t know if they have it edited and mixed but that is something that could be done remotely if not already done in this forced downtime.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2020, 06:37:50 AM »

Yes you could. If you have a plan to release/stream it.

/jarmo

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2020, 06:53:18 AM »

/jarmo

I have a feeling that I read somewhere that a band takes away that recording every night as part of the agreement to do the gig. I honestly can't remember when or where I read that though, so it could well be wrong, or vary between acts.

I would suppose that they probably do to be honest, otherwise I think it would all very quickly fall into the hands of bootleggers.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2020, 10:23:25 AM »

I don't know.

Like i mentioned earlier, there are multiple cameras shooting the show for the screens. There's a video director who directs the footage (specific footage for the songs, camera footage). I don't know if this is recorded.

/jarmo

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2020, 05:20:24 PM »

I don't know.

Like i mentioned earlier, there are multiple cameras shooting the show for the screens. There's a video director who directs the footage (specific footage for the songs, camera footage). I don't know if this is recorded.

/jarmo

Is the video director part of the tour or part of the venue staff?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2020, 01:36:48 AM »

I think, to be fair, the band should be professionally recording a lot of their shows for their own future. It's a bit odd if they have not done so.

It would be a good time now to have a presence while people are at home. It's a good time to innovate

Didn't they record every show from 1991-1993? If they could do it back then, why not today? Especially for such a historically momentous tour as NITL. Hell, they could release some stuff like Saskatchewan '93 and I'd be as happy as a pig in shit could be.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2020, 06:42:21 AM »

The video crew is part of the tour. So basically they're responsible for what you see on the screens during the shows.

They set it up, operate the cameras, direct the footage on the screens etc.

/jarmo

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2020, 07:34:52 AM »

The video crew is part of the tour. So basically they're responsible for what you see on the screens during the shows.

They set it up, operate the cameras, direct the footage on the screens etc.

/jarmo

Thanks. I always wondered if bands brought their own or if the people worked for the venue.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2020, 11:11:08 AM »

I would assume most bigger tours have their own.

Same with lights, audio and so on.

/jarmo

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2020, 06:29:06 AM »

I have a feeling that I read somewhere that a band takes away that recording every night as part of the agreement to do the gig. I honestly can't remember when or where I read that though, so it could well be wrong, or vary between acts.

I would suppose that they probably do to be honest, otherwise I think it would all very quickly fall into the hands of bootleggers.

From someone who worked at an arena type venue a LONG LONG LONG time ago (so long ago, the venue no longer exists and is a parking lot, now):

They have the RIGHT to do that (record footage of the gig and take it with them). Whether they do or not is their choice.  We had acts that would do that pretty much every show, and acts who never did it...and everything in between. At least that was true back in the early-mid 90s.

Maybe it's changed, and digital storage has gotten cheap and portable...but I suspect not.  Unless you plan to release something, that footage isn't really all that useful past the night of the show.  Not like acts were thinking: "Hey, if there's a global pandemic someday....this footage would be really useful when everyone is stuck at home."

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2020, 08:09:27 AM »

It will be, I'd be very surprised if the band didn't record the shows.

Didn't they record (almost) every show in the 90ies? I think I read that somewhere a couple years ago.
So it would reasonable to stick to this.

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2020, 08:39:41 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8rVM8GlD4c

This is how it's done.  Axl said Deadheads welcome.  Every Friday night just about this time if you need music.  Cheesy

Grateful Dead MusiCares COVID-19 Relief Fund
Let ‘Em Know There’s A Little Help On The Way
Total raised: $20,444

Kept 15,000 of us off the street.  I'd like to give a little bit more in the name of GNR.  Grin
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 11:13:56 PM by cineater » Logged

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2020, 04:31:22 PM »

I just noticed several songs from Chicago '92 are up on the official Youtube page, although they aren't easy to find:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gy2QU3P1pI

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: