Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:57:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  *REDUX* GN'R songs ranked by HTGTH. Round 2: GN'R Lies
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: *REDUX* GN'R songs ranked by HTGTH. Round 2: GN'R Lies  (Read 19342 times)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #100 on: April 05, 2020, 05:44:20 PM »

Im surprised how popular One In A Million is.

I always though that its one of the least memorable tracks on the album, this was even before i could understand english.

Yep, clearly it's been boosted by a few of the same members who vote on it repeatedly for political reasons.

Political reasons?

The track has some of Axl's best vocals ever recorded and the acoustics are positively slammin'.

Seriously agree

Acoustics are terrific - the intro whistle is perfect and the piano outro is great

If someone doesn't like a song fine - but to judge other's motivations and interests in a particular piece of music is...idk...f----- -p

COMAMOTIVE 👍🏻 I so agree. Why even bring up politics.. yeah thats fucked..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #101 on: April 05, 2020, 11:03:59 PM »

It is also interesting that -- given the 2015 poll -- "One in a Million" is exactly as popular as it was 5 years ago, when the political landscape was drastically different, and when there were some different board members voting.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 11:25:34 PM by Bridge » Logged
dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #102 on: April 06, 2020, 12:53:15 AM »

It is also interesting that -- given the 2015 poll -- "One in a Million" is exactly as popular as it was 5 years ago, when the political landscape was drastically different, and when there were some different board members voting.
yes! A good song is a good song
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #103 on: April 07, 2020, 04:27:32 AM »

I always though that its one of the least memorable tracks on the album, this was even before i could understand english.

Yep, clearly it's been boosted by a few of the same members who vote on it repeatedly for political reasons.

Political reasons?

The track has some of Axl's best vocals ever recorded and the acoustics are positively slammin'.

LOL, his best vocals ever recorded? 90% of it is practically spoken word.

IDK, I saw pretty much all the right wingers upvoting it every chance they had.

If you don't think the song is politically charged, all it takes is one look at the comments on its youtube video...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 04:30:07 AM by PermissionToLand » Logged

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #104 on: April 07, 2020, 05:37:48 AM »

Political reasons?

LOL, his best vocals ever recorded? 90% of it is practically spoken word.

IDK, I saw pretty much all the right wingers upvoting it every chance they had.

If you don't think the song is politically charged, all it takes is one look at the comments on its youtube video...

I voted for it every day. Im not a right winger... i clearly dont understad the song..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #105 on: April 07, 2020, 09:10:32 AM »

I voted for it too. And I'm probably more left wing than most of you. I started to like it before I was old enough to understand the meaning of everything - and I still like it. Of course I understand that the lyrics are offensive. But if you view it as a song written from a certain "role's" perspective it kinda makes sense - even so in theese days, when the polarization is getting more and more common. Art and music is a great way to try and look at matters from a different view, and I think One in a Million succeed in that.

That a "small town white boy" might have theese kinds of opinions ain't necessarily his own foult. It might come from a failure in society: poor education systems, poor social rights/possibilities and so on....

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #106 on: April 07, 2020, 09:19:33 AM »

I voted for it too. And I'm probably more left wing than most of you. I started to like it before I was old enough to understand the meaning of everything - and I still like it. Of course I understand that the lyrics are offensive. But if you view it as a song written from a certain "role's" perspective it kinda makes sense - even so in theese days, when the polarization is getting more and more common. Art and music is a great way to try and look at matters from a different view, and I think One in a Million succeed in that.

That a "small town white boy" might have theese kinds of opinions ain't necessarily his own foult. It might come from a failure in society: poor education systems, poor social rights/possibilities and so on....

Spot on! If we were going to take every GNR song as political statements that represents the bands views on the world , there would be many songs that one could have issues with

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: