Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:38:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227810 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 216491 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1160 on: November 10, 2020, 12:37:49 PM »

Pence, the head of the Corona virus task force, has apparently decided now is a great time to go on vacation!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1161 on: November 10, 2020, 03:18:08 PM »

Makes sense.

The other one who said he wouldn't have time for golf sure has spent a lot of time golfing during his time in the WH....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1162 on: November 10, 2020, 04:45:40 PM »

Makes sense.

The other one who said he wouldn't have time for golf sure has spent a lot of time golfing during his time in the WH....

/jarmo

A lot of deals get done on the golf course.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1163 on: November 10, 2020, 06:59:40 PM »

More like: a lot of corrupt dealing and nepotism is done on the golf course.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1164 on: November 10, 2020, 11:41:29 PM »

I know Biden said he wasn't raising taxes on people making under 400,000.  Do you think he'll roll back the payroll tax cuts and increased standard deduction on your taxes that Trump put into effect?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1165 on: November 11, 2020, 05:35:52 AM »

It's not the point. Just shows the character of a person who will say anything to attack those he disagrees with, and then do what he said he wouldn't do.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1166 on: November 11, 2020, 02:41:04 PM »

It's not the point. Just shows the character of a person who will say anything to attack those he disagrees with, and then do what he said he wouldn't do.

/jarmo

Oh he'll say anything.  But he wasn't out there just playing golf.  Golf is a smoke screen.  That is a business meeting where conversations don't get recorded, strategies are planned and deals are being made.  Probably a whole chapter in The Art of The Deal devoted to the golf business meeting.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1167 on: November 11, 2020, 04:28:16 PM »

It doesn't matter what he did in a place where he said he wouldn't be because he'd be too busy working!

rofl

/jarmo

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1168 on: November 11, 2020, 06:37:07 PM »

I know Biden said he wasn't raising taxes on people making under 400,000.  Do you think he'll roll back the payroll tax cuts and increased standard deduction on your taxes that Trump put into effect?
He said he wouldn't. He only wants to get rid of the part that affects the most wealthy.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1169 on: November 11, 2020, 07:57:06 PM »

As a result of these credits, the Biden plan would actually DECREASE the tax bills of most Americans. A family earning between $88,000 and $160,000 would get an average cut of $540, while one with income between $50,000 and $90,000 would get a cut of $920.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonynitti/2020/11/07/what-does-a-biden-presidency-mean-for-your-tax-bill/?sh=4fc8ca6c44c2

Let's also not forget that Trump designed his tax "cut" bill with increases for the middle class starting in 2021. Coincidence, I'm sure...

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1170 on: November 11, 2020, 08:37:10 PM »

https://twitter.com/TheGoodLiars/status/1326195099462754310

Trump Supporter Arrested For Requesting Absentee Ballot For Dead Mother

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/-trump-supporter-arrested-voter-fraud-pennsylvania_n_5f91e43ec5b61c185f4848de
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 08:38:42 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1171 on: November 11, 2020, 09:17:30 PM »

As a result of these credits, the Biden plan would actually DECREASE the tax bills of most Americans. A family earning between $88,000 and $160,000 would get an average cut of $540, while one with income between $50,000 and $90,000 would get a cut of $920.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonynitti/2020/11/07/what-does-a-biden-presidency-mean-for-your-tax-bill/?sh=4fc8ca6c44c2

Let's also not forget that Trump designed his tax "cut" bill with increases for the middle class starting in 2021. Coincidence, I'm sure...

Exactly, ours was set to expire, while the tax cut for the rich never does. He was promising a permanent one for us after the election but i expect that would've been much like his healthcare plan, non existent.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1172 on: November 12, 2020, 05:32:19 AM »

Maybe someone can explain how the Democrats "stole" only the presidential election and not the others on the same ballot?

Republicans seemed fine with announcing the other results, not protesting those.

I guess this is the new norm, for at least the Republican Trump party. Better get used to it. If they win, we'll hear about it for years, if they lose, "Hello courts!"....

/jarmo

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1173 on: November 12, 2020, 06:51:42 AM »

So, there were never any payroll tax cuts.  There was a suspension on collection.  You will still need to make those payments...just not til 2021.  So when you see a rough doubling of your payroll taxes come early 2021, realize that's not Biden, it's Trump.  It's the way his EO was written.

Also realize that individual tax cuts start to phase out in 2021.  Again, that's Trump and the Repubs, not Biden.

Remember, Biden can't roll back anything without congress.  I'd say chances of changing the standard deduction stuff changing is basically nil, beyond what's written into the tax code already. I'd say Biden will likely seek to extend the individual middle/low income cuts beyond their 2024 expiration date.

I also think Biden tries to add the SALT deductions back, along with some of the other deductions that got wiped out with the extension of the standard deduction.  The eliminations that saw about 25% to 30% of middle income taxpayers (especially home owners) pay MORE taxes...not less.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1174 on: November 12, 2020, 06:56:10 AM »

Baloney.  Sorry, but in terms of Trump, that's what it is.  Many of his rounds are played solo, or with political cronies.  He's not negotiating.  He's seeking out fawning adoration.  There have been descriptions, in the past, of how golf goes with Trump.  They paint a very clear picture about what is happening.

AND....again, this goes to the hypocrisy of Trump.  He campaigned on Obama's golf schedule, and said he wouldn't be out playing golf while President.  And then spent more time playing golf than any other president in history.

You can't give Trump the benefit of the doubt after Trump skewered Obama for his playing of golf.  Because the larger point isn't the golf, it's the hypocrisy.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1175 on: November 12, 2020, 06:58:36 AM »

Oh he'll say anything.  But he wasn't out there just playing golf.  Golf is a smoke screen.  That is a business meeting where conversations don't get recorded, strategies are planned and deals are being made.  Probably a whole chapter in The Art of The Deal devoted to the golf business meeting.

Ok, first thing: Art of the Deal is fiction.  100%.  It's author even says so.  It was written with a specific goal in mind, and truth wasn't that goal.

Second, we have first hand descriptions of what happens with Trump on the golf course. It isn't business.  It's a loyalty test.  You're expected to fawn all over him, praise him, and turn a blind eye to his cheating. 

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1176 on: November 12, 2020, 07:01:13 AM »

Maybe someone can explain how the Democrats "stole" only the presidential election and not the others on the same ballot?

Republicans seemed fine with announcing the other results, not protesting those.

I guess this is the new norm, for at least the Republican Trump party. Better get used to it. If they win, we'll hear about it for years, if they lose, "Hello courts!"....

/jarmo

Then:
Repubs to Dems: They just can't accept the outcome of the election.  They've spent 4 years trying to undo the outcome! (Keep in mind, it is widely accepted that the Russians interfered in our election, and Trump (wittingly or unwittingly) aided those efforts.

Now:
Repubs to Dems: Lets undo the results of the election! We don't like the outcome!!!

Together again,
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1177 on: November 12, 2020, 08:51:34 AM »

It's amazing how an investigation to see what forces were at work And to see who they worked with, or if they worked with anyone, is considered a witch hunt and a hoax.

Now, suddenly an election where they lose, it's not a hoax nor a witch hunt. It's justice.

Also, asking for donations to help pay for this, and then not actually using the money for that.... Yeah.... A guy who bragged about his wealth is asking for donations. Meanwhile people are still waiting for some kind of economic relief.

/jarmo

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1178 on: November 12, 2020, 02:50:45 PM »

It's amazing how an investigation to see what forces were at work And to see who they worked with, or if they worked with anyone, is considered a witch hunt and a hoax.

Now, suddenly an election where they lose, it's not a hoax nor a witch hunt. It's justice.

Also, asking for donations to help pay for this, and then not actually using the money for that.... Yeah.... A guy who bragged about his wealth is asking for donations. Meanwhile people are still waiting for some kind of economic relief.

/jarmo

Yep, i take it you've heard about the emails with the fine print saying the money is for his campaign debt. It's all another big Trump scam and 71 million and counting fell for it.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1179 on: November 12, 2020, 03:27:05 PM »

They changed the language now, so basically no one knows what the money is actually for: https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-usa-election-trump-fundraising-insigh/donations-under-8k-to-trump-election-defense-instead-go-to-president-rnc-idUKKBN27R30B

Maybe it'll pay for the wall....  hihi

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: