Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:56:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 211139 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1300 on: December 10, 2020, 01:35:48 PM »

Let me get this straight, you answer by asking a question?

Again?

I didn't spread lies, did I? To me it looked like, if not exactly what you're doing, then maybe quite similar? Instead of saying "these people and their beliefs need to be condemned", there's a lot of dancing around the issue isn't there?

Edited to add. I forgot? His condemning of the Proud Boys in the election debate was very weak, wasn't it? Almost like support, until he later condemned them, remember? These people themselves even misunderstood what he said as him supporting them, right? But not only that, once again it was about the left because allegedly they're the real problem?

/jarmo

my question is one that is commonly referred to as a "rhetorical question," which is defined as a question that is not looking for an actual answer, but rather just to make a point.   

how about this:

Jarmo - you knowingly spread lies.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1301 on: December 10, 2020, 02:09:31 PM »

Nope.  ok

If anyone else has trouble understanding my point: When you don't condemn something in simple yet strong words, it makes it look like you don't want to. It makes it look like you're on the same side. That's all.

No one needs to read through two pages of quotes to be able to get to the point. I'm Finnish, one of our characteristics is to get to the point. Yes/No are valid answers to questions.

You're not making any point besides: The other side is bad too. That's all you've been repeating.

I really hope you don't act like this in every situation in life.

Would you like fries with that?
<insert rhetorical question here>

Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1302 on: December 10, 2020, 03:33:27 PM »

Nope.  ok

If anyone else has trouble understanding my point: When you don't condemn something in simple yet strong words, it makes it look like you don't want to. It makes it look like you're on the same side. That's all.

No one needs to read through two pages of quotes to be able to get to the point. I'm Finnish, one of our characteristics is to get to the point. Yes/No are valid answers to questions.

In the "good people on both sides" interaction with reporters, no one was waiting for him to condemn nazis. he had already done that. the first questions was "why did you wait so long?" that was the story the media was pushing. but then, they realized that they could take his comments from this presser out of context, and fool people much easier into believing the lie. clearly it worked.

You're not making any point besides: The other side is bad too. That's all you've been repeating.

you are lying once again. in this situation, i have clearly showed that you were misinformed and duped by the media. i could have said, well Biden never condemned Antifa, or the left doesn't condemn riots, or Harris set up bail funds for criminals. But i didn't. i directly addressed your comment.

I really hope you don't act like this in every situation in life.

Would you like fries with that?
<insert rhetorical question here>

Wink

/jarmo

thanks for your concern.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1303 on: December 10, 2020, 05:32:32 PM »

LOL.

Maybe if the first question is "Why did you wait so long?" the problem is that it wasn't obvious enough?

Which part was I duped about? Coming to the conclusion that this is a guy, who's quick to point out that the other side is bad too, when people ask him to condemn right wing extremists?

That his good/bad people on both sides mentality didn't seem to apply to people from certain countries when he wanted to ban people from those countries from traveling to the USA?

I'll admit, my impression of the guy isn't very high. I'm looking at it from the outside. And when you look at him, you think "Is this the leader of the free world? The person who represents the USA? WTF....". Because I've rarely come across Americans like that.

Is anyone here not anti-fascist? I'd hope most of us are. But then again, weirder things have happened...

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 05:34:42 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1304 on: December 10, 2020, 08:25:54 PM »

So the Hunter Biden tax inquiry is focusing on his business dealings in China.

Hoax? Fake news? Russia?

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1305 on: December 11, 2020, 01:10:44 AM »

Hoax? Fake news? Russia?

Lets see how it plays out. If they find something they should absolutely act on it. Nobody is above the law.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1306 on: December 11, 2020, 06:13:44 AM »

Investigate away.

Trump's tax returns? Hoax? Fake news? Russia?

Trump's waste of everybody's time by claiming the election was stolen? Hoax? Fake news? Russia? A way for Republicans to get pardons?

/jarmo

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #1307 on: December 11, 2020, 07:01:29 AM »

Hoax? Fake news? Russia?

Swallwell.... hihi
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 08:55:17 AM by COMAMOTIVE » Logged
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1308 on: December 11, 2020, 10:01:54 AM »

Investigate away.

Trump's tax returns? Hoax? Fake news? Russia?

Trump's waste of everybody's time by claiming the election was stolen? Hoax? Fake news? Russia? A way for Republicans to get pardons?

/jarmo

"But Trump!"

that's how you are responding to everything these days. which is right where they want you. that way they can get away with anything.

as for Trump's tax returns....what's the story? what is the "hoax"? not sure what you are referring to there.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1309 on: December 11, 2020, 10:23:47 AM »

TIME @TIME

Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are TIME's 2020 Person of the Year #TIMEPOY
 https://ti.me/2W6Zkfy

Congratulations to both!

A lot of people in the rest of the world are watching, hoping they'll make America civil again....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 10:27:44 AM by jarmo » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1310 on: December 11, 2020, 10:34:39 AM »

"But Trump!"

that's how you are responding to everything these days. which is right where they want you. that way they can get away with anything.

as for Trump's tax returns....what's the story? what is the "hoax"? not sure what you are referring to there.

This is the charade you play, why can't I?  Cheesy

Let them investigate Biden's son. If he did something wrong, he should be punished.

But the same applies to all those who committed crimes and were found guilty. But wait, they were pardoned...

Hiding your tax returns like Trump, and Graham attacking a candidate for not releasing them (which he did), is just ironic when they claim others are crooked and criminals. You got nothing to hide? What a way to show it?!  hihi

Not the first time anti-crime and corruption crusaders are caught with their hand tucking their shirt. The first to claim they are against corruption and crime, the first to fight investigations into their business dealings. Ironic.

/jarmo

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1311 on: December 12, 2020, 05:35:28 AM »

US Supreme Court rejects Trump-backed bid to overturn election

Did I understand this correctly...? Texas, and a few other states, had issues with how states where Biden won run their elections. Only states where Biden won. Because they changed rules to allow mail in votes? But TX changed their rules too didn't they?

/jarmo

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1312 on: December 12, 2020, 05:40:13 AM »

US Supreme Court rejects Trump-backed bid to overturn election

Did I understand this correctly...? Texas, and a few other states, had issues with how states where Biden won run their elections. Only states where Biden won. Because they changed rules to allow mail in votes? But TX changed their rules too didn't they?

/jarmo

Almost correct. Texas did not change the rules. They kept the same narrow requirements for requesting absentee ballots. Mind you, the 4 states they sued have  Republican legislatures that changed the laws to allow expanded absentee voting. They're literally eating their own at this point.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1313 on: December 12, 2020, 07:33:44 AM »

Didn't Texas change the mail-in drop off locations to one per county or something? And extended the early voting period by one week?

/jarmo

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1314 on: December 12, 2020, 08:44:38 AM »

Didn't Texas change the mail-in drop off locations to one per county or something? And extended the early voting period by one week?

/jarmo

Yes, at first he allowed additional ones then changed his mind, then it went through multiple court challenges. He did extend the early voting period but no change to absentee ballot rules.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1315 on: December 12, 2020, 09:24:49 AM »

Ah, ok!

Anyway.... Talk about a split country where states complain about how other states, where the opposition won, hold their elections.

This is the focus of the president who'll be out of the WH next month. While thousands of Americans are dying....

/jarmo

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1316 on: December 12, 2020, 09:44:03 AM »

Ah, ok!

Anyway.... Talk about a split country where states complain about how other states, where the opposition won, hold their elections.

This is the focus of the president who'll be out of the WH next month. While thousands of Americans are dying....

/jarmo

Indeed, it is a sad state of affairs. Biden may be considered boring but after the insanity of the last 4 years and the shenanigans of the last month i will take boring.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1317 on: December 12, 2020, 10:57:32 AM »

https://news.yahoo.com/here-are-the-republican-members-of-congress-who-signed-on-to-the-suit-to-throw-out-the-votes-in-four-states-195834720.html

People who democratic elections aren't good enough for.

/jarmo

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1318 on: December 12, 2020, 11:23:11 AM »

Yep, i don't know about where you are from but here this is called sedition. 14th amendment section 3 states No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any state, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any state legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any state, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1319 on: December 12, 2020, 11:27:46 AM »

I didn't know about that.

I just think it's something I expect to happen in certain places. Where democracy is a nice word, but it's just that, a word.

I guess this is all part of what makes America so great (again)....I'm not saying your system is perfect, because in my opinion, it's not. But this is something more than saying "we should look into fixing the election system"....

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: