Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:01:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 211362 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1320 on: December 12, 2020, 11:39:09 AM »

I didn't know about that.

I just think it's something I expect to happen in certain places. Where democracy is a nice word, but it's just that, a word.

I guess this is all part of what makes America so great (again)....I'm not saying your system is perfect, because in my opinion, it's not. But this is something more than saying "we should look into fixing the election system"....

/jarmo

Either getting rid of the electoral college or rank choice voting would be an excellent start, but the issue is deeper then that when you have people who have lost such faith in the process that they believe if their candidate didn't win it must be somehow rigged.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1321 on: December 12, 2020, 12:57:21 PM »

TIME @TIME

Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are TIME's 2020 Person of the Year #TIMEPOY
 https://ti.me/2W6Zkfy

Congratulations to both!

A lot of people in the rest of the world are watching, hoping they'll make America civil again....

/jarmo

Another case of awarding them something for what they might do vs what they have actually did. Is the Nobel Peace Prize next?

If Time wanted to award someone not in singular person sense, front line workers were much more deserving of person of the year IMO.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 02:28:20 PM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1322 on: December 12, 2020, 01:19:44 PM »

TIME @TIME

Congratulations to both!

A lot of people in the rest of the world are watching, hoping they'll make America civil again....

/jarmo

Another case of awarding them something for what they might do vs what they have actually did. Is the Nobel Peace Prize next?

If Time wanted to award someone not in singular person sense, front line workers were much more deserving of parson of the year IMO.

I thought frontline workers should have got it too.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1323 on: December 12, 2020, 03:29:19 PM »

They won the election against the regime of "it's fake" & "the election is a fraud"....

If Time wanted to award someone not in singular person sense, front line workers were much more deserving of person of the year IMO.

I don't disagree that they would've deserved it too. They should just name them Heroes of 2020. As well as the scientists working on beating this pandemic.

But the two winners are probably easier to recognize and so on...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1324 on: December 13, 2020, 12:51:56 AM »

TIME @TIME

Congratulations to both!

/jarmo

Absolutely they should've been person of the year. If it were just Harris one could totally understand that.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1325 on: December 13, 2020, 06:11:12 AM »

"For changing the American story, for showing that the forces of empathy are greater than the furies of division, for sharing a vision of healing in a grieving world, Joe Biden
 and Kamala Harris are TIME's 2020 Person of the Year,"

PLUS - TIME Names the 2020 Athlete, Businessperson, Entertainer, and Guardians of the Year:

ATHLETE OF THE YEAR
LeBron James  - https://bit.ly/39Z8JhF

BUSINESSPERSON OF THE YEAR
Eric Yuan and the Zoom Revolution - https://bit.ly/3oHKCbu

ENTERTAINER OF THE YEAR
BTS - https://bit.ly/2W5c5aM

GUARDIANS OF THE YEAR
Dr. Anthony Fauci - https://bit.ly/37U5MvX
Frontline Health Workers - https://bit.ly/37U5MvX
Racial-Justice Organizers - https://bit.ly/376xsyu

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1326 on: December 13, 2020, 02:24:34 PM »

"For changing the American story, for showing that the forces of empathy are greater than the furies of division, for sharing a vision of healing in a grieving world, Joe Biden
 and Kamala Harris are TIME's 2020 Person of the Year,"

Give them a year in office, see what they can achieve and if it goes well and there's some data to back things up, then this Person of the Year honor would  appear to be more relevant to me. That quote from Time Magazine sounds like it was written by the Biden/Harris  Campaign itself.  Or from corporate media.   

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1327 on: December 13, 2020, 05:04:26 PM »

But won't Mitch and company be there making sure nothing gets done?

/jarmo

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1328 on: December 14, 2020, 01:38:27 AM »

now try to do an apples to apples comparison of Trump's strikes vs Obama's. if you are being honest and open-minded, neither of which are strengths of yours, you would admit that it is very difficult and essentially impossible to compare exact number of civilian deaths.

Man, you could make a special ed teacher throw in the towel...

YOU were the one taking Afghanistan out of the equation so that it would not be apples to apples. Why do drone strikes in Afghanistan not count? The lives of the brown people in that country don't matter because... that would invalidate your political talking point and prove you wrong? Says a lot about you.

So let's recap:

I state the objective fact that Trump escalated drone strikes year over year to tremendous levels never before seen in history.

You got triggered and made a juvenile and homophobic insult about masturbating.

I provided multiple sources to back up my claim.

You provided one counter source, which confirmed that I was correct, but suggested that we completely ignore the vast majority of drone strikes just because. You know, I never even thought of it that way, because if you just ignore the strikes in Pakistan, Yemen and Somalia, then both Obama and Trump never drone-striked anyone! I guess object permanence is a bit beyond your cognitive development level.

and i'm sure you and all your antifa buddies were saying the same about Obama in 2015 - that he's killing more brown people by drones than anyone ever saw before. of course, we know that is not true, but when it's someone with an R after their name, all of a sudden it becomes a problem.

What is with this antifa stuff? Have I ever mentioned them at all? Why are you so obsessed with tilting at windmills? It's really sad that you can't engage with reality and have to argue strawmen.

And yes, I was criticizing Obama for this in 2015. Meanwhile, you radical rightists were talking about him saluting with a coffee cup in his hands and questioning the birth certificate of the first black president in history. Thank you for once again proving you are such a partisan hack that you cannot conceive of anyone who disagrees with you being anything other than the strawman in your head. SAD!

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1329 on: December 14, 2020, 01:52:22 AM »

Imagine being so blinded by partisanship that you'd suggest winning the presidency by the biggest landslide in American history with the first ever black female VP is not enough to be person of the year in a magazine.  Roll Eyes

Yeah, let's give the frontline workers a nice token gesture that does nothing to change the material conditions of their lives, meanwhile voting for the party that is holding back lifesaving aid and financial relief, actively discouraging the wearing of masks that directly puts them at risk, and fighting for their employers to have legal immunity if they are put in danger as a result of negligence.  ok

Give them a year in office, see what they can achieve and if it goes well and there's some data to back things up, then this Person of the Year honor would  appear to be more relevant to me. That quote from Time Magazine sounds like it was written by the Biden/Harris  Campaign itself.  Or from corporate media.

We get it, you're offended.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1330 on: December 14, 2020, 08:52:16 AM »

Imagine being so blinded by partisanship that you'd suggest winning the presidency by the biggest landslide in American history with the first ever black female VP is not enough to be person of the year in a magazine.  Roll Eyes

Yeah, let's give the frontline workers a nice token gesture that does nothing to change the material conditions of their lives, meanwhile voting for the party that is holding back lifesaving aid and financial relief, actively discouraging the wearing of masks that directly puts them at risk, and fighting for their employers to have legal immunity if they are put in danger as a result of negligence.  ok

We get it, you're offended.

Who's blinded by partisanship?? BTW this was not the biggest landslide in American history  rofl - look up the 1984 election for an example of a landslide.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1331 on: December 14, 2020, 10:34:51 AM »

now try to do an apples to apples comparison of Trump's strikes vs Obama's. if you are being honest and open-minded, neither of which are strengths of yours, you would admit that it is very difficult and essentially impossible to compare exact number of civilian deaths.

Man, you could make a special ed teacher throw in the towel...

YOU were the one taking Afghanistan out of the equation so that it would not be apples to apples. Why do drone strikes in Afghanistan not count? The lives of the brown people in that country don't matter because... that would invalidate your political talking point and prove you wrong? Says a lot about you.

So let's recap:

I state the objective fact that Trump escalated drone strikes year over year to tremendous levels never before seen in history.

You got triggered and made a juvenile and homophobic insult about masturbating.

I provided multiple sources to back up my claim.

You provided one counter source, which confirmed that I was correct, but suggested that we completely ignore the vast majority of drone strikes just because. You know, I never even thought of it that way, because if you just ignore the strikes in Pakistan, Yemen and Somalia, then both Obama and Trump never drone-striked anyone! I guess object permanence is a bit beyond your cognitive development level.

and i'm sure you and all your antifa buddies were saying the same about Obama in 2015 - that he's killing more brown people by drones than anyone ever saw before. of course, we know that is not true, but when it's someone with an R after their name, all of a sudden it becomes a problem.

What is with this antifa stuff? Have I ever mentioned them at all? Why are you so obsessed with tilting at windmills? It's really sad that you can't engage with reality and have to argue strawmen.

And yes, I was criticizing Obama for this in 2015. Meanwhile, you radical rightists were talking about him saluting with a coffee cup in his hands and questioning the birth certificate of the first black president in history. Thank you for once again proving you are such a partisan hack that you cannot conceive of anyone who disagrees with you being anything other than the strawman in your head. SAD!

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

you're wrong again. the reason why an apples to apples comparison is not possible is because Afghanistan is a war zone. Our activities there continue to evolve and the number of drone strikes is directly attributable to our changing strategy.

Obama removed troops in 2014, and drone strikes when through the roof there beginning in 2015. Prior to 2015, a different strategy was used.

Trump continued this strategy. the article i posted clearly states this: 

"This contrasts with media reports that Trump is ordering substantially more drone strikes than Obama. For example, the BBC claims that “there have been 2,243 drone strikes in the first two years of the Trump presidency, compared with 1,878 in Mr. Obama’s eight years in office,” citing BIJ data.

Here’s why it’s a mistake: The Bureau of Investigative Journalism started tracking drone strikes in Afghanistan in 2015. As an official war zone, Afghanistan is typically classified separately from the drone campaign, because the U.S. military operates openly and has more strategic options. The vast majority of the 2,243 strikes attributed to Trump took place there.

In August 2017, Trump gave a speech announcing an escalation in Afghanistan. It’s hardly a secret. And it’s unclear whether the increase in drone strikes represents an increase in overall military activity or just greater reliance on drones relative to manned aircraft or ground operations.

An apples-to-apples comparison of drone strikes in Pakistan, Yemen, and Somalia shows more continuity between administrations than disruption. The BBC’s claim is misleading and merits a correction. Worries about Trump’s management of the drone program compared to Obama’s derive, at least in part, from inaccurate information."

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1332 on: December 14, 2020, 10:37:57 AM »

we'll add history to the things you are uneducated on.

kids.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1333 on: December 14, 2020, 12:40:34 PM »

So what you're saying is that instead of killing people abroad using drones and the military, Trump just let over 300 000 Americans die of Covid-19?

Meanwhile, the election fraud charade keeps going on...

/jarmo

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1334 on: December 14, 2020, 04:39:25 PM »

Who's blinded by partisanship?? BTW this was not the biggest landslide in American history  rofl - look up the 1984 election for an example of a landslide.

So you have no counterpoint. What a desperate dodge.  Cry

kids.

I love it, you both fell for the trap by attacking me for that when you defend the leader of the free world lying about the 2016 and 2020 elections and the crowd size at his inauguration...

Your president calls literally everything he does the "biggest in history" so often that it's an exhausted cliché at this point. How the hell did you not manage to realize you were walking into a trap there? You're defending the guy who is trying to overturn the election based on a bunch of HOAXES and you think you have any standing whatsoever to criticize my accuracy? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Dance, puppets, dance!  rofl rofl rofl
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 04:55:16 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1335 on: December 14, 2020, 04:53:46 PM »

you're wrong again. the reason why an apples to apples comparison is not possible is because Afghanistan is a war zone. Our activities there continue to evolve and the number of drone strikes is directly attributable to our changing strategy.

Obama removed troops in 2014, and drone strikes when through the roof there beginning in 2015. Prior to 2015, a different strategy was used.

Trump continued this strategy. the article i posted clearly states this: 

"This contrasts with media reports that Trump is ordering substantially more drone strikes than Obama. For example, the BBC claims that “there have been 2,243 drone strikes in the first two years of the Trump presidency, compared with 1,878 in Mr. Obama’s eight years in office,” citing BIJ data.

Here’s why it’s a mistake: The Bureau of Investigative Journalism started tracking drone strikes in Afghanistan in 2015. As an official war zone, Afghanistan is typically classified separately from the drone campaign, because the U.S. military operates openly and has more strategic options. The vast majority of the 2,243 strikes attributed to Trump took place there.

In August 2017, Trump gave a speech announcing an escalation in Afghanistan. It’s hardly a secret. And it’s unclear whether the increase in drone strikes represents an increase in overall military activity or just greater reliance on drones relative to manned aircraft or ground operations.

An apples-to-apples comparison of drone strikes in Pakistan, Yemen, and Somalia shows more continuity between administrations than disruption. The BBC’s claim is misleading and merits a correction. Worries about Trump’s management of the drone program compared to Obama’s derive, at least in part, from inaccurate information."

You're wrong again. And arguing a strawman. Was my initial claim that Trump's drone strikes were a secret? You're trying to move the goalposts. You're also just parroting the article you cited. Think for yourself for once, Sandie.

So drone strikes in a war zone don't count as drone strikes? The real joke here is the idea that you would ever be willing to discount Obama's drone strikes done in war zones. A drone strike is a drone strike. Period. It does not kill any less people in a war zone. You are grasping at straws for reasons to ignore how Trump had rained down death upon brown people at levels never before seen in history. All because you were triggered into apoplexy by my factual statement of reality. Facts don't care about your feelings, cupcake. You seem to care very little for their lives the way you are so flippantly willing to dismiss hellfire being rained down upon them because of the semantic distinction of a "war zone", which you have not provided a functional reason for why that distinction would invalidate those deaths when talking about the toll of drone striking. Weak show, as always.

But hey, when I become president, I'll be sure to designate your backyard a "war zone" and you let me know if you still feel it's okay for me to drop a bomb on you.

So once again, the fact remains that Trump more than doubled Obama's number of drone strikes, resulting in an all-time historical peak. Keep dodging and making sniveling excuses for murder like the coward you are.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1336 on: December 14, 2020, 05:01:30 PM »

You're wrong. Trump deserves the "Noble" Peace Price!

And Obama/Biden totally mishandled the H1N1 pandemic! Too bad they couldn't learn from the pandemic handling master himself. Maybe they could've used some of that wisdom of using light and disinfectants inside the body...

/jarmo

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1337 on: December 14, 2020, 05:49:24 PM »

Biden won electoral votes to officially clinch the presidency after California’s electors awarded him the state’s 55 electoral votes.

Attorney General William Barr resigns, effective Dec. 23

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 06:00:49 PM by jarmo » Logged

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1338 on: December 14, 2020, 07:52:24 PM »

Who's blinded by partisanship?? BTW this was not the biggest landslide in American history  rofl - look up the 1984 election for an example of a landslide.

306 electoral votes For Biden in 2020

306 Electoral  votes for Trump in 2016.

So are you saying Trump beat Clinton in a landslide? 

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1339 on: December 14, 2020, 07:57:15 PM »

kids.

I love it, you both fell for the trap by attacking me for that when you defend the leader of the free world lying about the 2016 and 2020 elections and the crowd size at his inauguration...

Your president calls literally everything he does the "biggest in history" so often that it's an exhausted cliché at this point. How the hell did you not manage to realize you were walking into a trap there? You're defending the guy who is trying to overturn the election based on a bunch of HOAXES and you think you have any standing whatsoever to criticize my accuracy? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Dance, puppets, dance!  rofl rofl rofl

Nice try, kid.

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: