Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:49:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 217561 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1340 on: December 14, 2020, 08:27:17 PM »

Who's blinded by partisanship?? BTW this was not the biggest landslide in American history  rofl - look up the 1984 election for an example of a landslide.

So you have no counterpoint. What a desperate dodge.  Cry

we'll add history to the things you are uneducated on.

kids.

I love it, you both fell for the trap by attacking me for that when you defend the leader of the free world lying about the 2016 and 2020 elections and the crowd size at his inauguration...

Your president calls literally everything he does the "biggest in history" so often that it's an exhausted cliché at this point. How the hell did you not manage to realize you were walking into a trap there? You're defending the guy who is trying to overturn the election based on a bunch of HOAXES and you think you have any standing whatsoever to criticize my accuracy? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Dance, puppets, dance!  rofl rofl rofl

Nice try, kid.

PermissionToLand is trying too hard for that gotcha moment.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1341 on: December 14, 2020, 08:33:24 PM »

Who's blinded by partisanship?? BTW this was not the biggest landslide in American history  rofl - look up the 1984 election for an example of a landslide.

306 electoral votes For Biden in 2020

306 Electoral  votes for Trump in 2016.

So are you saying Trump beat Clinton in a landslide?  

Well...the guy you voted for did....for like 2 years.  EXACTLY that claim. Over and over and over again.

https://www.npr.org/2016/12/11/505182622/fact-check-trump-claims-a-massive-landslide-victory-but-history-differs

So...are you saying that was a lie?  A bald faced, complete, total, utter, lie?

Because....I don't seem to remember you objecting to that claim at the time....

You're literally, again, proving the point that's been made over and over again about you being blinded by partisanship.

I think that's.....about 100 times now?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 08:38:58 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1342 on: December 14, 2020, 08:34:26 PM »

PermissionToLand is trying too hard for that gotcha moment.

I mean, it must suck for you that it worked so well.

And proved his point for him at the same time.

So, I guess you can consider yourself gotten.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1343 on: December 14, 2020, 08:37:50 PM »

So once again, the fact remains that Trump more than doubled Obama's number of drone strikes, resulting in an all-time historical peak.

Dude, remember: Conservatives are literally arguing not to count the votes they don't like, and only count the ones they DO like.

Reality doesn't matter.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 08:40:29 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1344 on: December 14, 2020, 08:48:40 PM »

306 electoral votes For Biden in 2020

306 Electoral  votes for Trump in 2016.

So are you saying Trump beat Clinton in a landslide?  

Well...the guy you voted for did....for like 2 years.  EXACTLY that claim. Over and over and over again.

https://www.npr.org/2016/12/11/505182622/fact-check-trump-claims-a-massive-landslide-victory-but-history-differs

So...are you saying that was a lie?  A bald faced, complete, total, utter, lie?

Because....I don't seem to remember you objecting to that claim at the time....

You're literally, again, proving the point that's been made over and over again about you being blinded by partisanship.

I think that's.....about 100 times now?

I never said 2016 was a landslide. Trump did.  I never claimed to concur or agree with everything our President has said or done.

BTW there's no need to keep a score. This isn't a sport.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1345 on: December 14, 2020, 08:53:16 PM »

I never said 2016 was a landslide. Trump did.  I never claimed to concur or agree with everything our President has said or done.

Did you object when Trump said it? No.

But you take issue with someone saying it in relation to Biden's victory? Yes.

With the exact same EC numbers, except Biden actually won the popular vote by about 8 million votes.  That would, objectively, make it "bigger" than Trumps victory.

Seems like, if you really took issue with the misrepresentation, first fostered by the guy you voted for, you would have objected then...and now.  But you didn't. And we all know why.

It might not be a sport, but that's game, set, and match.

Blinded by partisanship. Filled with hypocrisy.

And that's 101.

Thanks for playing!

Together again,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1346 on: December 14, 2020, 09:01:07 PM »

I never said 2016 was a landslide. Trump did.  I never claimed to concur or agree with everything our President has said or done.

Did you object when Trump said it? No.

But you take issue with someone saying it in relation to Biden's victory? Yes.

With the exact same EC numbers, except Biden actually won the popular vote by about 8 million votes.  That would, objectively, make it "bigger" than Trumps victory.

Seems like, if you really took issue with the misrepresentation, first fostered by the guy you voted for, you would have objected then...and now.  But you didn't. And we all know why.

It might not be a sport, but that's game, set, and match.

Blinded by partisanship. Filled with hypocrisy.

And that's 101.

Thanks for playing!

It is definitely a game to you.  Go ahead & award yourself a trophy.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1347 on: December 14, 2020, 09:08:14 PM »

It is definitely a game to you.  Go ahead & award yourself a trophy.

Are you telling me what I think? How dare you! *clutches pearls* You are SO MEAN!

But seriously:

On the contrary...I just chose the idiom you seemed most comfortable with and ran with it.

Because pointing out your hypocrisy, double standards, and blind partisanship gets a little repetitive unless we switch things up a little every now and then.

Can we do surfing next time?  Or...wait....how about cooking!!

PS: You'd be the one getting the trophy, here.  101 is a big score!!  Try to keep up with the metephor!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 09:19:05 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1348 on: December 15, 2020, 03:59:30 AM »

So once again, the fact remains that Trump more than doubled Obama's number of drone strikes, resulting in an all-time historical peak.

Dude, remember: Conservatives are literally arguing not to count the votes they don't like, and only count the ones they DO like.

Reality doesn't matter.

Yep, i mean notice they're not questioning the laws changed in states Trump won, like Wyoming, Ohio and North Carolina. They all expanded absentee ballots. Hell North Carolina extended the deadline 9 days to receive them! So they want us to believe what Wisconsin, Michigan Pennsylvania and Georgia did was illegal but not the others who did the same fucking thing. Also note those 4 states have Republican controlled legislatures.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1349 on: December 16, 2020, 09:37:18 AM »

Even Moscow Mitch has now congratulated Biden...  Shocked

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1350 on: December 16, 2020, 03:51:12 PM »

two elections in a row where the losing side argued that the election was rigged. is that damaging our democracy?

i don't think so. it's been 4 years of liberals crying about the 2016 election and i don't feel like our democracy has been threatened. i think it would do everyone alot of good to make significant changes to our voting system so that we can help minimize these claims of invalid elections.   

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1351 on: December 16, 2020, 05:22:59 PM »

two elections in a row where the losing side argued that the election was rigged. is that damaging our democracy?

i don't think so. it's been 4 years of liberals crying about the 2016 election and i don't feel like our democracy has been threatened. i think it would do everyone alot of good to make significant changes to our voting system so that we can help minimize these claims of invalid elections.    

There needs to be a national standard. Vote in person with ID or request an absentee ballot. And no votes accepted that are postmarked after election day.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 05:26:58 PM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1352 on: December 16, 2020, 05:37:12 PM »

Trump claimed in both cases that the elections were rigged. But for some reason, he had no issues with the result in 2016..... Why?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1353 on: December 16, 2020, 06:12:09 PM »

There needs to be a national standard. Vote in person with ID or request an absentee ballot. And no votes accepted that are postmarked after election day.

Unconstitutional.  And that's not according to me...that's according to the SC.  

State's get to control local elections, beyond the definitions in the current constitutional amendments, and all elections are local.  Thus the EC. And thus the SC's ruling that states can institute SOME voter ID laws, but no state can be REQUIRED to institute a voter ID law.  And states are allowed to make changes to those rules as long as they are approved appropriately.  They can be permissive or more restrictive (less poll taxes and obvious efforts to disenfranchise).

If you want a national vote standard, you would need to amend the constitution and create a national election...which would likely mean abolishing the EC.

And Repubs would never win another national election, ever.

Many red states have been sending out vote by mail ballots to their citizens for years. No Repub has ever complained.  Only when purple/swing states do is it now an issue...and only because your guy lost. I wonder why that is?  More hypocrisy, more blind partisanship.

Trump lost.  In case you're not sure.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 06:22:18 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1354 on: December 16, 2020, 06:18:44 PM »

Trump claimed in both cases that the elections were rigged. But for some reason, he had no issues with the result in 2016..... Why?

/jarmo

When Trump loses, he ALWAYS claims it's rigged.  I mean, he lost an Emmy and did the same thing.  He won the 2016 EC, but lost the popular vote...and it's rigged (because his ego couldn't accept it).  He lost a bid to buy an NFL team...and it was rigged.  Over and over and over again...no matter how obvious it is that he's lying...and that's his pitch. "ITS RIGGED! I WON!"  Turning a blind eye toward his history is just more proof of blind, cult like, support.

This is about Trumps ego, and grifting his voters for donations.  It's not about reality. The reality is he lost. Only in Trumplandia was this rigged, was there widespread fraud, and did he "win".

And his supporters...as can be plainly seen...have been happy to join him in Trumplandia and his disconnect from reality.

Trump lost.  It's really that simple. Some Repubs don't like it...so they choose to accept the sky is teal and make stupid excuses about "voting standards".  When Moscow fucking Mitch finally comes to the table and says it's over...you know it's well and truly fucking over.

What is supporters really mean when they say they want a new voting standard is: Repubs can't win if everyone votes, so we have to find a way to keep people from voting so we can win. Because we can't accept the reality that the majority of the country doesn't share our values.

Cue someone chiming in and saying: Well...the EC is meant to protect the minority!  Well that's the fucking point, peanuts.   You can't, in one breath, advocate for the EC and state representation and then, in the next, advocate for national election standards.  Either states are representative in the republic, and every state governs their own shit.....or we are a nation, there is a national standard, and it's a national election based on popular vote.

You can't have it both ways...unless you embrace hypocrisy.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 06:28:00 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1355 on: December 16, 2020, 06:28:27 PM »

Unconstitutional.  And that's not according to me...that's according to the SC.  

State's get to control local elections, beyond the definitions in the current constitutional amendments, and all elections are local.  Thus the EC. And thus the SC's ruling that states can institute SOME voter ID laws, but no state can be REQUIRED to institute a voter ID law.  And states are allowed to make changes to those rules as long as they are approved appropriately.  They can be permissive or more restrictive (less poll taxes and obvious efforts to disenfranchise).

If you want a national vote standard, you would need to amend the constitution and create a national election...which would likely mean abolishing the EC.

And Repubs would never win another national election, ever.

Many red states have been sending out vote by mail ballots to their citizens for years. No Repub has ever complained.  Only when purple/swing states do is it now an issue...and only because your guy lost. I wonder why that is?  More hypocrisy, more blind partisanship.

Trump lost.  In case you're not sure.

I said the same thing 4 years ago. 

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1356 on: December 16, 2020, 06:31:19 PM »

You mean while Trump was saying it was rigged because he lost the popular vote?

Point still remains about constitutionality and hypocrisy. And you're simply pointing out you are consistently hypocritical. And blindly partisan.

And Trump still lost. In case you need reminding.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 06:40:24 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1357 on: December 16, 2020, 06:47:50 PM »

You mean while Trump was saying it was rigged because he lost the popular vote?

Point still remains. And you're simply pointing out you are consistently hypocritical. And blindly partisan.

How many self awarded trophies does that make now?   hihi

Back to my point....Americans and our election system would be much better served if we can have some across the board standards.

The goal is to have an honest election, overturning anything is irrelevant, we are talking bigger picture here.  We arent a 3rd world country.

People died for our right to vote, only  the legally cast votes should count as every fraudulent vote cancels out a legal vote.  I would think even you would agree with this point..

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1358 on: December 16, 2020, 06:50:25 PM »

/jarmo

Libs cried for 4 years that the election was invalid. Hillary never shut up about it and even left open the possibility of challenging the results more than a year after.

But democracy lives on!

Now if Biden’s buddies in China have their way, things in the US will change. We’ll see if they r successful.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1359 on: December 16, 2020, 06:58:59 PM »

How many self awarded trophies does that make now?   hihi

Again, you're the one getting the trophies.  You still can't grok the metaphor?

And only you can answer that question: How many times are you going to display hypocrisy and blind partisanship?

Back to my point....Americans and our election system would be much better served if we can have some across the board standards.

So you support abolishing the EC?

See previous constitutional discussion.

The goal is to have an honest election, overturning anything is irrelevant, we are talking bigger picture here.  We arent a 3rd world country.

People died for our right to vote, only  the legally cast votes should count as every fraudulent vote cancels out a legal vote.  I would think even you would agree with this point..

We just had one.  And the only people who think otherwise are blind partisans.

I support states rights.  Like conservatives used to.

You're right: People died for the right to vote, and in support of democracy. They didn't die so that certain people can have a certain outcome to an election that they like. They didn't die so the President (who..heh he..you voted for) can undermine and call into question, baselessly, the elections outcome.  They didn't die so a certain subset of people get to decide who's (legal...and they were pretty much all legal) votes count and who's don't, because they don't like them.

FREE and fair means exactly that.  And that's what we just had.  That's what all the courts say we just had.  That's what the SC says we just had. That's what the head of the CISC said...before Trump fired him for saying it.  That's what Bill Barr said, before Trump fired...I mean he "quit".  If there is contrary, credible (aka not debunked) evidence to the contrary....it sure hasn't been show in any court, in any filing, or in any venue that holds those testifying to their word, legally.  There have been partisan allegations.  There have been junk analytics that amount to bad data science.  There has been miscomparisons between Minnesota and Michigan.  There have been miscomparisons between primary ballots sent and presidential election ballots sent.  There have been videos that don't show near what the partisan hacks allege they do.  There have been mountains of "laugh out loud" garbage presented that show absolutely nothing.  So, again, chalk one up to the blind partisans.

Placing significant limits on the democracy those people died for is autocratic. Be it poll taxes in the form of forced ID (unless you propose that ID is provided free, is provided local in every neighborhood, and is provided automatically upon registering to vote) or otherwise. And any limits that ARE placed, and that the SC has seen clear to approve, are the purview of the individual states.  Otherwise, we are not a democratic republic.  We are a democracy...and popular vote rules.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 07:33:05 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: