Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:46:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 211231 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1460 on: January 06, 2021, 01:59:35 PM »

MAGA protestors assaulting capitol police, storming the capitol building, and rioting.

Egged on by POTUS, it seems like.

Unfuckingbelieveable.

Arrest them all, try them for treason and sedition.

Oh, and I see no evidence of tear gas and rubber bullets, so far.  Little bit of pepper spray, but not even much of that.

Odd how differently a largely white crowd who are rioting are dealt with....
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 02:01:40 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1461 on: January 06, 2021, 02:41:39 PM »

Full on fucking coup attempt.

All egged on by the President.

Trump is right: We do look like Banana Republic.

Because his supporters make us look that way.

Together again,
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1462 on: January 06, 2021, 03:09:32 PM »

Sorry to say, but is anyone really surprised?

Mexico didn't pay for the wall, there's no healthcare plan, Covid didn't disappear etc etc, and yet his supporters believe him when he says the election was rigged.

Oh yeah, Antifa are the enemy right?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1463 on: January 06, 2021, 03:43:41 PM »

MAGA protestors assaulting capitol police, storming the capitol building, and rioting.

Egged on by POTUS, it seems like.

Unfuckingbelieveable.

Arrest them all, try them for treason and sedition.

Oh, and I see no evidence of tear gas and rubber bullets, so far.  Little bit of pepper spray, but not even much of that.

Odd how differently a largely white crowd who are rioting are dealt with....

When the rioting starts, the shooting starts!

I can't help but notice certain posters with sand in their shorts tend to dip out of the discussion when their terrorist cult gets a little too unhinged and violent...

There is no question the response is different from how BLM was treated, because these thugs have literally broken INTO the building and are being treated with kid gloves, whereas nobody was even close to breaching the courthouse in Seattle and they were met with unrelenting force and extrajudicial detainment.

I'm not even saying "I told you so" to the centrists who dismissed us when we warned that Trump was an Authoritarian and that he would not leave the white house peacefully, I just hope that it's finally clear to them now, because there is no longer any shred of doubt that Trumpism is an existential threat to our democracy.

These people are violent terrorists and insurrectionists, and the entire GOP has blood on its hands for encouraging this behavior. We must be very clear that the rank and file party members are complicit here. Just like all the "non-racist" Trump supporters must take personal responsibility for enabling the racism of Trump, all of the "non-authoritarian" Republicans must take personal responsibility for enabling the tyrannical coup attempt of Trump.

Remember, the Founding Fathers were wholeheartedly supportive of crushing insurrection and rebellion with force. In the words of John Hancock in regard to Shay's Rebellion: "kill, slay and destroy, if necessary, and conquer by all fitting ways, enterprises and means whatsoever, all and every one of the rebels."
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 03:51:15 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1464 on: January 06, 2021, 04:51:56 PM »

"This is the biggest breach of the Capitol building's security since members of the Puerto Rican Nationalist Party indiscriminately opened fire in the House chamber in 1954, wounding five congressmen."

https://twitter.com/Zachary_Cohen/status/1346902722579222528

No surprise, every time Nationalism rears its ugly head, violence follows.

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #1465 on: January 06, 2021, 04:58:59 PM »

Absolutely disgusting and what happens when your allegiance is to one man instead of your country
Then he still calls it a stolen election while asking them to go home.
puke
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1466 on: January 06, 2021, 05:43:32 PM »

If these people, who Trump claims to love, stormed his club house in Florida, would he be equally understanding how they feel?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #1467 on: January 06, 2021, 05:48:33 PM »

If these people, who Trump claims to love, stormed his club house in Florida, would he be equally understanding how they feel?

/jarmo

Of course not

& he looks at this scene not as a crime or a slap to American democracy - but as a glorification of himself

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1468 on: January 06, 2021, 05:58:44 PM »

Reports of someone shot in the chest.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1469 on: January 06, 2021, 06:46:42 PM »

Does this apply to those who invade the Capitol? https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1287877621380837378?lang=en

& he looks at this scene not as a crime or a slap to American democracy - but as a glorification of himself

When you have one leader who tries to use his power to stay in power, just because he doesn't wanna leave. And you also have people who are elected to represent the people, who knowingly support this coup attempt and disregard the election results, is it enough just to remove the leader?

The excuse that they're just supporting his right to not accept the result only works up to a point, and you need to provide some evidence. So far, we've seen nothing. Just like the bill for the wall, or a heath care plan....

So essentially you have people in DC who are supporting something that goes against the results of democratic elections. And they themselves are there because of democratic elections.....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 06:51:47 PM by jarmo » Logged

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #1470 on: January 06, 2021, 06:59:20 PM »

The woman who was shot has died (Reportedly)

If this does not give the man some humanity and allow him to understand something other than his own self-praise (It won't),
nothing will.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1471 on: January 06, 2021, 07:08:39 PM »

Do you think he'll take any responsibility for this?

Because he asked people to be nice... After the fact.....

Edited to add: So I guess for some this is just a peaceful protest etc. But imagine what would have happened if these ______ had gotten their hands on the electoral college ballots?

He's blocked from Twitter for at least a few hours: https://techcrunch.com/2021/01/06/twitter-locks-trump-out-of-his-account-for-at-least-12-hours/

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 07:20:55 PM by jarmo » Logged

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1472 on: January 06, 2021, 07:20:28 PM »

/jarmo

PFFT...Secret Service would have started firing live rounds if they got within 30 yards of the place.

ESPECIALLY if their skin was of a darker pigment.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1473 on: January 06, 2021, 07:22:59 PM »

Edited to add: So I guess for some this is just a peaceful protest etc. But imagine what would have happened if these ______ had gotten their hands on the electoral college ballots?

He's blocked from Twitter for at least a few hours: https://techcrunch.com/2021/01/06/twitter-locks-trump-out-of-his-account-for-at-least-12-hours/

/jarmo

About fucking time on the block!

Together again,
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #1474 on: January 06, 2021, 07:28:36 PM »

/jarmo

Absolutely not
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1475 on: January 06, 2021, 07:46:11 PM »

The upshot from all of this is that we all need to pressure President Biden and the Dem Congress to NOT allow Trump's crimes against this country to go unpunished. There is no "coming together" or "middle ground" with a Fascist who tried to violently overthrow the government. We need to ensure that something like the Trump presidency can never happen again by turning all of the soft norms he abused to exploit his power into actual laws as well as making it legally undeniable that the president is not above the law.

And we MUST do it in the next 2-4 years, because the next candidate that is put forth by this cult of traitors and terrorists will benefit from the knowledge of how Trump abused all of those loopholes, and will only be emboldened to go FURTHER. We cannot wait on this or make a half-hearted effort. We must push Biden to strengthen Law and Order in this country, or we may not have a country at all before you know it.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 07:52:08 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1476 on: January 06, 2021, 08:53:40 PM »

In 1991, Axl Rose left the stage early at a concert in St Louis. The audience rioted and caused major damage to the venue. Axl was later arrested and charged with inciting a riot. It would be a shame if, in 2020, our laws don’t consider our current president way more legally responsible for his words and actions as they did Axl Rose in 1991

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1477 on: January 06, 2021, 09:10:47 PM »

In 1991, Axl Rose left the stage early at a concert in St Louis. The audience rioted and caused major damage to the venue. Axl was later arrested and charged with inciting a riot. It would be a shame if, in 2020, our laws don’t consider our current president way more legally responsible for his words and actions as they did Axl Rose in 1991

Wasn't convicted for inciting a riot.  One count property damage and few assault charges.

They have gone back into session.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1478 on: January 06, 2021, 10:12:28 PM »

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1479 on: January 06, 2021, 11:05:11 PM »

I really like what Lester Holt said at the end of coverage, we've been covering politics like a sporting event.  They were acknowledging the part the media has played in creating political division.  Forget the name of the guy he was talking to but the guy agreed and said he was not willing to going back to covering politics the way it has been done.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: