Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:31:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 211099 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #2080 on: October 15, 2021, 05:19:25 PM »

Yes, there's always been assholes.

My point was that in the past, assholes were just being assholes for no other reason than they are assholes. Now it's like it's "ok" to be an asshole in public because you somehow feel personally insulted by a stranger. The same kind of people who are using terms like "snow flakes" are now feeling insulted to the left and right for being told to wear a mask or asked to get a vaccine.... So who's the snowflake?  hihi

/jarmo

Yeah, it's not okay to be an asshole in public no matter what someone thinks.  Some folks are finding that out the hard way.   hihi  I wish the rest of them would.

Not sure what a "snowflake" is.  I would take that as an attempt to insult a white woman's intelligence.  What's the big deal if someone wears a mask in public if they aren't out to commit a crime?  It doesn't mean anyone else has to.  Why attack the person wearing it?  Obviously I don't agree with that guy yelling at you.  It's not the same as a swastika armband but I guess he sees it that way.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2081 on: October 16, 2021, 12:50:06 AM »

It's not the world today.  There's personalities out there just looking for a fight.  Always has been.  That was one person in a large crowd.  They think if they talk loud enough, put enough anger into it, we'll do what they say.  What's amazing is there are politicians and other folks who respond to that.  I'm sure there were plenty of people who said nice things to you, don't forget those folks.

I don't suppose there's any kind of coordinated movement against masking, right? There aren't any national media outlets that would be reinforcing their behavior by claiming that putting masks on kids is child abuse...

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
cineater
Legend

« Reply #2082 on: October 16, 2021, 04:37:48 AM »

It's not the world today.  There's personalities out there just looking for a fight.  Always has been.  That was one person in a large crowd.  They think if they talk loud enough, put enough anger into it, we'll do what they say.  What's amazing is there are politicians and other folks who respond to that.  I'm sure there were plenty of people who said nice things to you, don't forget those folks.

I don't suppose there's any kind of coordinated movement against masking, right? There aren't any national media outlets that would be reinforcing their behavior by claiming that putting masks on kids is child abuse...

Don't know.  I'm sure there are cultural practices where covering a child's face is deemed necessary.  We've all seen A Christmas Story.   hihi

But you probably have an example.  Probably more examples of people who don't believe in getting their children immunized.  Your general public/media can call either of those child abuse but neither of them are acceptable for investigation by the child abuse authorities.

You know, wear your motorcycle helmet or don't.  I'm wearing mine, don't care what you're doing.  Not concerned what that does to motorcycle insurance rates.  I'm just going down the road.  Not concern that everybody does it my way.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2083 on: October 16, 2021, 05:46:52 AM »

Not sure what a "snowflake" is.  I would take that as an attempt to insult a white woman's intelligence.  What's the big deal if someone wears a mask in public if they aren't out to commit a crime?  It doesn't mean anyone else has to.  Why attack the person wearing it?  Obviously I don't agree with that guy yelling at you.  It's not the same as a swastika armband but I guess he sees it that way.

Snowflake is what the right wing supporters calls anyone who doesn't agree with them and opposes their views. Basically saying they are easily offended unique snowflakes... Yet, fast forward to 2020 and whose the easily offended ones? Wink

Exactly. Some of these people see the wearing of a face mask as some kind of political statement. Like you're taking a side. The only side I'm taking is science and wanting to keep working. Don't care who you voted for, what sports team you support, what God(s) you pray to or who you wanna spend your life with.

I've seen plenty of stories about people acting like assholes in stores, restaurants etc because they were told to wear a mask. It's become a political thing. Imagine if wearing pants was politicized like this....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2084 on: October 16, 2021, 04:14:10 PM »

I know too many people who have lost someone to covid, so my patience for the anti science, anti mask anti vaccine people has reached zero.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2085 on: October 16, 2021, 05:37:29 PM »

Some of the same people who whine about freeloaders and people not wanting to work for a living, are the first ones to yell at those wanting to work and wearing masks to be able to do so. Some irony right there.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2086 on: October 16, 2021, 11:49:34 PM »

How about the people demanding those coming across the border seeking asylum be forced to be vaccinated? What are we supposed to do if they say no? Lock them up? They have the right to say no but asylum seekers do not? Once they're in the US they actually have protections granted them by US law. What if we locked up US citizens refusing the vaccine. If they can do it to asylum seekers, what's stopping then from doing it to Americans.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #2087 on: October 17, 2021, 12:35:55 AM »

How about the people demanding those coming across the border seeking asylum be forced to be vaccinated? What are we supposed to do if they say no? Lock them up? They have the right to say no but asylum seekers do not? Once they're in the US they actually have protections granted them by US law. What if we locked up US citizens refusing the vaccine. If they can do it to asylum seekers, what's stopping then from doing it to Americans.

Not that I'm a world traveler but in those countries where malaria is big you have to have a yellow fever vaccine to come in.  It's not unusual for countries to require vaccines coming into their country although I'm not sure they require their citizens to have them.  Could have changed, it's been a while since I looked into that.

As for what's stopping "them" from requiring US citizens?  We've had a bunch of recommended vaccines for many years, this is not the first.  With cooperation of the majority, we don't have things like small poxes and polio any more.  Not sure if there was as much controversy about those during their time of introduction but there's always somebody unwilling to go along.  Maybe those folks died off and quit objecting.  hihi  I wouldn't freak out about making citizens get vaccinated against their will, it's a shit storm nobody wants to see happen.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2088 on: October 17, 2021, 01:36:18 AM »

Yellow fever vaccine is still required to certain African and South American tropical countries. Other vaccines are highly recommended.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #2089 on: October 17, 2021, 12:21:19 PM »

Yellow fever vaccine is still required to certain African and South American tropical countries. Other vaccines are highly recommended.

I'm thinking the people trying to get in are willing to get the vaccine if it clears one more hurtle in the process.  They're probably wishing we'd be less concerned about what might happen to us and more concerned with what is happening to them right now.  We start thinking about how it possibly effects us but never think about what is happening to them could happen to us.  It's a long shot but then again, global warming is real.  California you're out of water.  Your people are leaving, heading for the south.  The south is not going to be Republican strong holds much longer.  I'm thinking change is coming and we're going to have some very unhappy campers.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2090 on: October 17, 2021, 05:52:55 PM »

Some of the same people who whine about freeloaders and people not wanting to work for a living, are the first ones to yell at those wanting to work and wearing masks to be able to do so. Some irony right there.

The same ones complaining their business didn't qualify for a PPP loan. The same ones complaining that workers aren't taking low-paying jobs right now, but trying to keep hard-working immigrants out of the country.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2091 on: October 26, 2021, 07:34:01 PM »

Charlie Kirk Gets Asked at TPUSA Event: ‘How Many Elections Are They Gonna Steal Before We Kill These People?’

Nothing to see here, just the violent anti-democratic lies of the right wing media bearing their deadly fruit yet again...

https://www.mediaite.com/news/charlie-kirk-gets-asked-at-tpusa-event-how-many-elections-are-they-gonna-steal-before-we-kill-these-people/

sandman
Legend

« Reply #2092 on: October 27, 2021, 07:06:04 AM »

no discussion of the great job Biden is doing as president in this thread? shocker.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2093 on: October 27, 2021, 06:09:13 PM »

no discussion of the great job Biden is doing as president in this thread? shocker.

I know quiet competence is a foreign concept to you. You prefer constant failure heavily marketed as success.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2094 on: October 27, 2021, 06:22:23 PM »

Jan. 6 organizers say they held “dozens” of planning meetings with House Republicans: report

https://www.salon.com/2021/10/25/jan-6-organizers-say-they-held-dozens-of-planning-meetings-with-republicans-report/

Rep. Paul Gosar offered rally organizers "blanket pardons," according to two planners cooperating with Congress

« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 06:33:41 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2095 on: October 27, 2021, 10:10:02 PM »

How about we talk about how Manchin is destroying Biden's social agenda package? Trying to remove expanded medicaid that would give seniors dental, eye care and hearing, or that he's trying to get them to remove the paid family leave and medical leave. Which he's already gotten down to only 4 weeks from the 12 Biden wants. You have to be a special piece of shit to want to get rid of these programs. Especially when you're senator of a state that would greatly benefit from these programs.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2096 on: October 28, 2021, 07:54:53 PM »

How about we talk about how Manchin is destroying Biden's social agenda package? Trying to remove expanded medicaid that would give seniors dental, eye care and hearing, or that he's trying to get them to remove the paid family leave and medical leave. Which he's already gotten down to only 4 weeks from the 12 Biden wants. You have to be a special piece of shit to want to get rid of these programs. Especially when you're senator of a state that would greatly benefit from these programs.

Manchin is as corrupt as they come (on the left, anyway). Progressives should hold the line and reject this insult of a "compromise".

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2097 on: October 28, 2021, 07:58:48 PM »

On a lighter note, here's something for a little comedic relief:

sandman
Legend

« Reply #2098 on: October 29, 2021, 08:35:19 AM »

On a lighter note, here's something for a little comedic relief: