Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:08:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 211233 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #260 on: August 08, 2020, 05:40:07 PM »

the more he speaks, the more trouble he gets himself in.....

"And by the way, what you all know, but most people don’t know, unlike the African American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly different attitudes about different things.”

Just imagine if Trump said this. 

The dems would give their orders to the media to make this the major story of the weekend, and ANTIFA would create riots and looting in as many cities as possible.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #261 on: August 08, 2020, 05:52:46 PM »

What do you think obama did for black people?

The same thing the first female president will do to women. Show that it's possible.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sandman
Legend

« Reply #262 on: August 08, 2020, 07:23:09 PM »

The same thing the first female president will do to women. Show that it's possible.

/jarmo

Your answer is what i expected. Nothing.

The voting public showed it was possible (about 43M whites plus about 16M blacks voted to get obama elected).

I have daughters. They know they could be president if they wanted to go down that path. They don’t need someone else to do it to define what they are capable of.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #263 on: August 08, 2020, 10:55:52 PM »

the more he speaks, the more trouble he gets himself in.....

"And by the way, what you all know, but most people don’t know, unlike the African American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly different attitudes about different things.”

Just imagine if Trump said this. 

I like how you completely ignore the list of multiple obscene quotes from the Axios interview.

We don't need to imagine, Trump has said things 100X worse than anything Biden could ever say. He said there are good NeoNazis. He said "take the guns first and deal with the 2nd amendment later". He said he has "total authority".

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #264 on: August 08, 2020, 11:16:31 PM »

His whole plan was to help everyone. Which was great. But the black community needed specific help. What do you think he did to help them?

For the next installment in my series of pointing out Sandman's game-playing, I'll draw your attention to the fact that he is diverting from the issue of Trump claiming he's done more than any president for black people with a whataboutism. Nobody mentioned Obama at all. It's a naked diversion.

But thanks for the prompt so we can recap some of what Obama actually did:

-  President Obama provided two years of double-digit budget increases to the DOJ’s Civil Rights Division, which was previously hamstrung by drastic budget cuts. DOJ has also reached three multi-million dollar settlements, including the largest rental discrimination and fair lending settlements in its history.
-  The Office of Civil Rights has increased civil rights compliance reviews, issued policy guidance supporting an agenda of equal access to a quality education for all students, and collected and reported additional data from school districts on key education and civil rights issues in America’s public schools.
- President Obama successfully pushed to reduce the disparity in sentencing between those convicted of crack versus powder cocaine. The Administration convened a Cabinet-level “Reentry Council” to advance effective prisoner reentry strategies. Communities of color are most broadly impacted by these efforts; one in nine African American children has an incarcerated parent.
- Funding more than $4 billion for HBCUs each year.
- The First in the World (FITW) program provided unique opportunities for HBCUs to compete for grants focused on innovation to drive student success.
- In 2014, the Council on Women and Girls (CWG) launched a specific work stream called “Advancing Equity for Women and Girls of Color” to ensure that policies and programs across the federal government appropriately take into account the unique obstacles that women and girls of color can face.
- In early 2015, the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) launched the MBK Millennial Entrepreneurs Initiative, which seeks to address the challenges faced by underserved millennials, including boys and young men of color, through self-employment and entrepreneurship.
- President Obama has made 62 lifetime appointments of African Americans to serve on the federal bench.
- Dedicated over $4 billion to challenge states and districts to transform the lowest-performing schools in America
- By re-directing subsidies from private lenders to students, the administration raised the maximum Pell Grant award
-  In 2011, the Choice Neighborhoods program provided $126 million to 22 communities to plan and implement the transformation of high-poverty areas where distressed HUD-assisted housing is located into sustainable, mixed-income neighborhoods by linking housing improvements with services, schools, transportation, and access to jobs.
- The administration also expanded the Neighborhood Stabilization Program through the Recovery Act: to date the program has provided $7 billion in funding to communities to manage the vacant and foreclosed residential properties that are creating blight and bringing down local home values.
-  The Promise Neighborhoods program supports communities as they develop cradle-to-career services to improve educational outcomes for students in distressed, high-poverty neighborhoods. In 2010 and 2011, the program awarded $40 million in grants to support 37 communities in developing or implementing plans for a range of services with a high-quality education at the center.
-  Committing $35 million to the Healthy Food Financing Initiative. Several food retailers agreed to build or expand over 1,500 grocery stores in underserved communities.
- As a result of the ACA, nearly 6 million more African Americans are receiving expanded preventative services coverage in the private health insurance market and more than 2 million African Americans received free preventative services through Medicare in 2011.
- The Affordable Care Act moves toward eliminating disparities that African Americans currently face both in their health and in their health care by investing in data collection and research about health disparities. The law also promotes increased racial and ethnic diversity of health care professionals and strengthens cultural competency training among health care providers
-  the HHS Action Plan to Reduce Health Disparities, which outlines goals and actions HHS will take to reduce health disparities among racial and ethnic minorities, and the National Stakeholder Strategy for Achieving Health Equity.

Oops, that one sure backfired on you, huh?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 11:18:30 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #265 on: August 09, 2020, 12:03:40 AM »

Here he goes again, not only trying to take credit for a black man's achievements, but also the achievements of a veteran prisoner of war who he disgraced because he's an absolute piece of trash with no decency, morals or standards whatsoever. Hey Senator, just imagine if Trump said this!  rofl

"Trump, speaking at his Bedminster, New Jersey, golf club, had claimed again that he is the one who got the Veterans Choice program passed -- adding, "They've been trying to get that passed for decades and decades and decades and no president's ever been able to do it, and we got it done."
In fact, former President Barack Obama signed the Choice program into law in 2014. The law, which allowed eligible veterans to be covered by the government for care provided by doctors outside the VA system, was a bipartisan initiative spearheaded by two senators Trump has repeatedly criticized, Bernie Sanders of Vermont and the late John McCain of Arizona."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/08/politics/trump-veterans-choice-paula-reid/index.html
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 12:07:22 AM by PermissionToLand » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #266 on: August 09, 2020, 06:35:37 AM »

The voting public showed it was possible (about 43M whites plus about 16M blacks voted to get obama elected).

I have daughters. They know they could be president if they wanted to go down that path. They don’t need someone else to do it to define what they are capable of.

It's only nothing if that's your mentality. He did plenty more, but that was a first.

Unfortunately your daughters will have a tough time becoming presidents as long as there are men (and women) who can't see a female being the leader.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sandman
Legend

« Reply #267 on: August 09, 2020, 03:23:24 PM »

It's only nothing if that's your mentality. He did plenty more, but that was a first.

Unfortunately your daughters will have a tough time becoming presidents as long as there are men (and women) who can't see a female being the leader.

/jarmo

I’m sure you would have said the same in 2008 about black kids becoming president, cause people like yourself viewed that as even more unlikely than a woman becoming prez in america.

People like you were wrong.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #268 on: August 09, 2020, 03:28:19 PM »

Peaceful protesters in Portland....

“Early Friday, as peaceful demonstrations proceeded elsewhere in the city, a group of people gathered at a park in eastern Portland and marched to the local police precinct, where authorities say they spray-painted the building, popped the tires of police cars, splashed paint on the walls, vandalized security cameras and set a fire in a barrel outside the building. One officer was severely injured by a rock, police said, but no additional details were provided.

An older woman who tried to stop the vandalism was hit with a bucket of white paint and then got into a shouting match with those in the crowd as one protester tried to wrap her in yellow police tape — a conflict caught on video. Another elderly woman using a walker was also captured on video trying to put out a fire with a fire extinguisher while a black-clad protester blocked her way.”

Source: abc news

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #269 on: August 09, 2020, 04:22:17 PM »

I’m sure you would have said the same in 2008 about black kids becoming president, cause people like yourself viewed that as even more unlikely than a woman becoming prez in america.

Nope, I have no problem with a black, female, gay or whatever president as long as they're qualified. So don't worry about me.

The country where I'm allowed to vote in presidential elections (Finny aka Finland, the masters of raking forests) already had a female president.

Our current prime minster is female. And doing a great job!

The people who seemed to have problems with a black president are people like the current one.

/jarmo

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #270 on: August 09, 2020, 05:57:51 PM »

/jarmo

I believed it would happen, but i wasn't sure if it would in my lifetime. Same with a woman. I hope i live to see it.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #271 on: August 09, 2020, 06:03:00 PM »

“Early Friday, as peaceful demonstrations proceeded elsewhere in the city, a group of people gathered at a park in eastern Portland and marched to the local police precinct, where authorities say they spray-painted the building, popped the tires of police cars, splashed paint on the walls, vandalized security cameras and set a fire in a barrel outside the building. One officer was severely injured by a rock, police said, but no additional details were provided.

An older woman who tried to stop the vandalism was hit with a bucket of white paint and then got into a shouting match with those in the crowd as one protester tried to wrap her in yellow police tape — a conflict caught on video. Another elderly woman using a walker was also captured on video trying to put out a fire with a fire extinguisher while a black-clad protester blocked her way.”

Horrible that the officer was hurt with the brick. Hopefully he's ok and whoever threw it gets arrested. The rest is really minor stuff. I can't help but giggle a little about the elderly woman with the walker.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #272 on: August 09, 2020, 11:26:42 PM »

Damn, you're not even good at propagandizing.

Keep on proving you care more about fences and trash cans than George Floyd's life.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #273 on: August 09, 2020, 11:28:49 PM »

You guys have to stop playing into his games. He's constantly trying to keep you on the defensive by shrugging off any criticism of Trump and diverting with a whataboutism or red herring. It's as reliable as the sunrise at this point.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #274 on: August 10, 2020, 08:04:10 AM »

You guys have to stop playing into his games. He's constantly trying to keep you on the defensive by shrugging off any criticism of Trump and diverting with a whataboutism or red herring. It's as reliable as the sunrise at this point.

says the guy who responds to all of my posts. you can't make this shit up.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #275 on: August 10, 2020, 08:07:29 AM »

Nope, I have no problem with a black, female, gay or whatever president as long as they're qualified. So don't worry about me.

The country where I'm allowed to vote in presidential elections (Finny aka Finland, the masters of raking forests) already had a female president.

Our current prime minster is female. And doing a great job!

The people who seemed to have problems with a black president are people like the current one.

/jarmo

you misunderstood my post.

I did not say that YOU would not want a women prez.

my point was that a woman could absolutely be prez is the US. thinking otherwise is really short-sighted.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #276 on: August 10, 2020, 08:15:26 AM »

His whole plan was to help everyone. Which was great. But the black community needed specific help. What do you think he did to help them?

For the next installment in my series of pointing out Sandman's game-playing, I'll draw your attention to the fact that he is diverting from the issue of Trump claiming he's done more than any president for black people with a whataboutism. Nobody mentioned Obama at all. It's a naked diversion.

But thanks for the prompt so we can recap some of what Obama actually did:

-  President Obama provided two years of double-digit budget increases to the DOJ’s Civil Rights Division, which was previously hamstrung by drastic budget cuts. DOJ has also reached three multi-million dollar settlements, including the largest rental discrimination and fair lending settlements in its history.
-  The Office of Civil Rights has increased civil rights compliance reviews, issued policy guidance supporting an agenda of equal access to a quality education for all students, and collected and reported additional data from school districts on key education and civil rights issues in America’s public schools.
- President Obama successfully pushed to reduce the disparity in sentencing between those convicted of crack versus powder cocaine. The Administration convened a Cabinet-level “Reentry Council” to advance effective prisoner reentry strategies. Communities of color are most broadly impacted by these efforts; one in nine African American children has an incarcerated parent.
- Funding more than $4 billion for HBCUs each year.
- The First in the World (FITW) program provided unique opportunities for HBCUs to compete for grants focused on innovation to drive student success.
- In 2014, the Council on Women and Girls (CWG) launched a specific work stream called “Advancing Equity for Women and Girls of Color” to ensure that policies and programs across the federal government appropriately take into account the unique obstacles that women and girls of color can face.
- In early 2015, the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) launched the MBK Millennial Entrepreneurs Initiative, which seeks to address the challenges faced by underserved millennials, including boys and young men of color, through self-employment and entrepreneurship.
- President Obama has made 62 lifetime appointments of African Americans to serve on the federal bench.
- Dedicated over $4 billion to challenge states and districts to transform the lowest-performing schools in America
- By re-directing subsidies from private lenders to students, the administration raised the maximum Pell Grant award
-  In 2011, the Choice Neighborhoods program provided $126 million to 22 communities to plan and implement the transformation of high-poverty areas where distressed HUD-assisted housing is located into sustainable, mixed-income neighborhoods by linking housing improvements with services, schools, transportation, and access to jobs.
- The administration also expanded the Neighborhood Stabilization Program through the Recovery Act: to date the program has provided $7 billion in funding to communities to manage the vacant and foreclosed residential properties that are creating blight and bringing down local home values.
-  The Promise Neighborhoods program supports communities as they develop cradle-to-career services to improve educational outcomes for students in distressed, high-poverty neighborhoods. In 2010 and 2011, the program awarded $40 million in grants to support 37 communities in developing or implementing plans for a range of services with a high-quality education at the center.
-  Committing $35 million to the Healthy Food Financing Initiative. Several food retailers agreed to build or expand over 1,500 grocery stores in underserved communities.
- As a result of the ACA, nearly 6 million more African Americans are receiving expanded preventative services coverage in the private health insurance market and more than 2 million African Americans received free preventative services through Medicare in 2011.
- The Affordable Care Act moves toward eliminating disparities that African Americans currently face both in their health and in their health care by investing in data collection and research about health disparities. The law also promotes increased racial and ethnic diversity of health care professionals and strengthens cultural competency training among health care providers
-  the HHS Action Plan to Reduce Health Disparities, which outlines goals and actions HHS will take to reduce health disparities among racial and ethnic minorities, and the National Stakeholder Strategy for Achieving Health Equity.

Oops, that one sure backfired on you, huh?

Obama also reduced African American unemployment by more than any president in the past 30+ years and only surpassed by Reagan (20% in '82 to 9% in '88) in the modern era (since the stat began being tracked officially in '72). Obama saw African American unemployment drop from about 17% to about 8%.  Trump may claim he got it to "the lowest level ever" at 5.4% (and it had started to tick up, actually, before the pandemic), most of the progress to get there was under Obama.  This is another one of those "Trump taking credit for others actions" (in a long list of those types of things).

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2020-06-07/ap-fact-check-trump-exaggerations-on-blacks-economic-gains
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 08:20:32 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #277 on: August 10, 2020, 08:18:06 AM »

Because THATS WHAT TROLLS DO.  

« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 08:50:36 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #278 on: August 10, 2020, 09:58:51 AM »

Horrible that the officer was hurt with the brick. Hopefully he's ok and whoever threw it gets arrested. The rest is really minor stuff. I can't help but giggle a little about the elderly woman with the walker.

Weekend before....after federal agents withdrew and stopped harassing peaceful protestors...was completely quiet.

DHS ramped up again this weekend...after promising local authorities they were withdrawing....and we were back to (mostly) relatively minor property damage and acts of aggression.

And yes, the person who threw the brick should be prosecuted.  As should those committing minor acts of vandalism.  With commesurate force and methods used to capture and detain them. And punishments equal to the relative misdemeanors they're committing, rightly dispensed by the judicial system. Not beatings, extrajudicial "arrests" or tear gas.

And the rest of the peaceful protesters should be left alone...since, again, the protests were LARGELY peaceful in Portland this past weekend.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 11:42:32 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #279 on: August 10, 2020, 10:12:28 AM »

Remember this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBVAnaHxHbM

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: