Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:06:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 217663 times)
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #340 on: August 19, 2020, 05:12:28 PM »

Again, no direct link to BLM. There is no mention of them in the article. The video doesn't capture the whole thing either. Only the kick and that other protesters help him the injured man. Why do you so badly want BLM to be responsible for every bad action at these protests?

Oh, we know why... because he loves black people so much!

Just like how people who were totally-not-racist tried to blame MLK for riots in 1964!

Blaming an entire group for the actions of a few is what honest, good-faith political interlocutors do, don't you know?

It's not like smearing peaceful protesters by tenuous association with anyone remotely violent is an age-old tactic of white supremacists or anything!

I for one, am thankful we always have our conservative brothers and sisters to focus discussion on the tone of those asking for justice, which - oops! - always seems to misdirect attention from the actual cause of justice.

Gee, I wonder if anyone wise ever said anything about that?

The Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice

- MLK Jr.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #341 on: August 19, 2020, 05:59:00 PM »

You know it's bad when even your own party is calling you out as a FAILURE.

‘No way to spin that,’ Romney says of U.S. coronavirus deaths, blaming Trump administration

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/08/15/coronavirus-covid-updates/?utm_campaign=wp_main&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&s=09&utm_source=reddit.com

The failing Trump administration strikes again!

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #342 on: August 20, 2020, 12:19:08 PM »

NEW YORK (AP) — President Donald Trump’s former chief strategist Steve Bannon was arrested Thursday on charges that he and three others ripped off donors to an online fundraising scheme to build a southern border wall, making him the latest in a long list of Trump associates to be indicted or charged.

The "We Build The Wall" fundraiser was headed by men who pushed their close ties to President Trump, giving their effort a legitimacy that helped them raise more than $25 million. They touted their effort to help the president realize his vision of a "big beautiful" border wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, especially after his effort to redirect millions in government funds, was held up through lawsuits.

But according to the criminal charges unsealed Thursday, very little of the wall was actually constructed. Instead, the money lined the pockets of some of those involved. Bannon, who served in Trump's 2016 campaign and White House, received over $1 million himself, using some to secretly pay co-defendant, Brian Kolfage, the founder of the project, and to cover hundreds of thousands of dollars of Bannon's personal expenses.

Full story: https://www.nbc12.com/2020/08/20/steve-bannon-arrested/

For fuck's sake! Don't people know Mexico is paying?  rant

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sandman
Legend

« Reply #343 on: August 20, 2020, 01:58:48 PM »

"largely peaceful" protesters....

man beaten bloody and half unconscious, sitting calmly, and a BLM supporter kicks him from behind in the head and knocks him out.

entire beating was captured on video.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-protest-turns-violent-brutal-assault-caught-on-video-report

Again, no direct link to BLM. There is no mention of them in the article. The video doesn't capture the whole thing either. Only the kick and that other protesters help him the injured man. Why do you so badly want BLM to be responsible for every bad action at these protests?

the Washington post and every other article said the person that the punk was from the BLM protest that had been taking place right at this location.

there is a ton of videos that show the entire altercation.

nice try though, suggesting that maybe the guy deserved to be tortured, beaten, and knocked unconscious by a blind kick to the head. real nice, buddy.

i'm not trying to make BLM responsible. just stating facts that some BLM protestors are committing crimes on a daily basis.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
sandman
Legend

« Reply #344 on: August 20, 2020, 02:04:52 PM »

Oh, we know why... because he loves black people so much!

Just like how people who were totally-not-racist tried to blame MLK for riots in 1964!

Blaming an entire group for the actions of a few is what honest, good-faith political interlocutors do, don't you know?

It's not like smearing peaceful protesters by tenuous association with anyone remotely violent is an age-old tactic of white supremacists or anything!

I for one, am thankful we always have our conservative brothers and sisters to focus discussion on the tone of those asking for justice, which - oops! - always seems to misdirect attention from the actual cause of justice.

Gee, I wonder if anyone wise ever said anything about that?

The Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice

- MLK Jr.

and there it is! accusing those you disagree with as being racist.

it does not get any intellectually weaker and lazier than that. typically used when facts start to hurt your feelings. 

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #345 on: August 20, 2020, 02:27:17 PM »

As someone who knows not a lot about US politics, it Trump likely to win or lose this time around, realistically?

He's quite eccentric
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #346 on: August 20, 2020, 04:58:22 PM »

As someone who knows not a lot about US politics, it Trump likely to win or lose this time around, realistically?

He's quite eccentric

I'd say toss up.

I'd like to say otherwise, but.....toss up.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #347 on: August 20, 2020, 08:22:01 PM »

"largely peaceful" protesters....

man beaten bloody and half unconscious, sitting calmly, and a BLM supporter kicks him from behind in the head and knocks him out.

entire beating was captured on video.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-protest-turns-violent-brutal-assault-caught-on-video-report

the Washington post and every other article said the person that the punk was from the BLM protest that had been taking place right at this location.

there is a ton of videos that show the entire altercation.

nice try though, suggesting that maybe the guy deserved to be tortured, beaten, and knocked unconscious by a blind kick to the head. real nice, buddy.

i'm not trying to make BLM responsible. just stating facts that some BLM protestors are committing crimes on a daily basis.

Where in that sentence doors it say i suggest he deserved it? You're really reaching here now putting words in my mouth.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #348 on: August 20, 2020, 08:29:47 PM »

He's quite eccentric

I'd say more likely to lose then not, if you had asked me back in February prior to covid and the protests i would have said he could easily win. Now his numbers are falling again. Polls show him down in states he has no business trailing in or closer then they should be. Like North Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Texas and Arizona. Even Ohio could be very close. As could iowa. Do i think Trump loses them all? No way, but he doesn't have to either. If the rust belt goes back to blue it's over. His path to a second term is razor thin. It could certainly happen but Biden has no less than 4 paths to victory.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 08:32:06 PM by tim_m » Logged
cineater
Legend

« Reply #349 on: August 20, 2020, 09:36:43 PM »

He's quite eccentric

I'd say more likely to lose then not, if you had asked me back in February prior to covid and the protests i would have said he could easily win. Now his numbers are falling again. Polls show him down in states he has no business trailing in or closer then they should be. Like North Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Texas and Arizona. Even Ohio could be very close. As could iowa. Do i think Trump loses them all? No way, but he doesn't have to either. If the rust belt goes back to blue it's over. His path to a second term is razor thin. It could certainly happen but Biden has no less than 4 paths to victory.

The polls had him losing last time too?  The man nobody saw coming.  It's 2020, the year of WTF.  Realistically, you can't call it until the votes are counted.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #350 on: August 21, 2020, 12:21:01 AM »

He's quite eccentric

The polls had him losing last time too?  The man nobody saw coming.  It's 2020, the year of WTF.  Realistically, you can't call it until the votes are counted.
They did but it was significantly closer. Most 5% or less nationally. This time he's down 7-10%.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #351 on: August 21, 2020, 05:17:55 AM »

He's quite eccentric

2016, the year we had people vote for Brexit and Trump. We thought that was surreal. Four years later we got a pandemic and a president that can do no wrong in his own eyes. It's surreal already. What's really stopping him from winning again...

Common sense, decency have all gone out the window a long time ago.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #352 on: August 21, 2020, 05:32:27 AM »

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/513048-trump-says-he-will-send-law-enforcement-us-attorneys-to-polls-in

And America descends further into Fascism .If we elect this man again, we deserve everything we get.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 06:41:12 AM by tim_m » Logged
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #353 on: August 21, 2020, 05:51:02 AM »

We say, “You got to get rid of the leaves. You got to get rid of the debris. You got to get rid of the fallen trees.” You know when a tree falls, after 13 to 14 months, it becomes extremely dry. You look at some of these fires, they don’t really catch where the trees are growing because they’re wet. The water’s pouring up the tree. And they just don’t want to listen. They mocked us when I said that you got to clean your floors, just an expression. Clean the floors. And they have many, many years, decades of leaves, dry leaves. And that’s why they have it. There are other places, forest cities, they’re forests, they were developed in forests and they don’t have any problem, with more flammable trees than you have in California, but they just don’t want to do it.

They want to come in and put regulations on all of your factories, and all of your jobs, and all of your personal things. You know, little things, and they laugh at it when I say it. The light bulb. Those new expensive light bulbs. I said, “What happened to the old ones? They’re better.” They said, “They were mandated out.” I said, “Why?” Nobody could explain why. I said, ” We’re letting them back. The light bulbs are back.” Dishwashers. They have dishwashers they don’t give you any water. They give you not enough water, so they’re lousy. So what do people do? They press the button again, and again. No water. I let them have lots of water.

We just got back from Whirlpool in Ohio. They’re thriving now because of what I did to competition from other countries. I tariffed them, and Whirlpool now went from a company that was just about over to a company that’s thriving. Sink faucets, shower faucets. I won’t say the third element of the bathroom because they always just bring that up, so I won’t say that but you know what I’m talking about. They don’t allow water. You go into a new hotel. You turn on the water. There’s no water. I opened it up. I said they could have as much water.

I mean does Pennsylvania have a problem with water? No. Yeah you have a problem with water. You have too much of it. Right? You have too much water. You got to get rid of it. So why are we having restrictors? They have restrictors on, so I took it off. These are little things. I tell you about them. A lot of people appreciate them. A lot of people don’t know about it. But now you could go out, buy a light bulb for a tiny fraction of the cost that’s better. Won’t last as long, but it’s better. It’s better light. Makes me look much better. That’s a very important, it’s a very important thing.

But you can buy now faucets where water actually comes out, and so instead of having it like on for many times longer … Actually when I take a shower, I can have water hit my hair instead of drop, drop. It’s hard enough my hair without that. So now we can actually have water pouring out of our shower heads. Okay? So a lot of good things. We’ve done a lot of things that nobody talks about, nobody writes about, but it’s about quality of life, and I think the people really appreciate it. I really do. Not so easy to do. Not so easy to do. I don’t think anybody else could have done it. Nobody else would have thought to do things like that, but nobody else would have done it.

Shocked

And people are worried about Biden's mental state?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 05:55:31 AM by tim_m » Logged
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #354 on: August 21, 2020, 06:46:40 AM »

I think that narrative realistically ended after last nights speech.....

Other than for the kool aid drinkers and the trolls.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #355 on: August 21, 2020, 06:48:25 AM »

And he's telling us to boycott Goodyear, a American company that actually makes their product in America, because they don't let their employees wear MAGA hats made in China. You literally cannot make this shit up.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #356 on: August 21, 2020, 07:39:27 AM »

I think that narrative realistically ended after last nights speech.....

Other than for the kool aid drinkers and the trolls.

Biden read a prepared speech from a teleprompter and delivered it effectively.  It certainly helped him with mental state questions, but he has yet to talk for any length of time unscripted.

If he wants to put the question to bed, he needs ho hold a press conference live with no pre selected questions &  do well in the 3 debates with Trump.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #357 on: August 21, 2020, 07:43:38 AM »

Biden read a prepared speech from a teleprompter and delivered it effectively.  It certainly helped him with mental state questions, but he has yet to talk for any length of time unscripted.

If he wants to put the question to bed, he needs ho hold a press conference live with no pre selected questions &  do well in the 3 debates with Trump.

Thank you for so thoroughly proving my point!

Keep moving those goal posts!

Together again,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #358 on: August 21, 2020, 07:44:29 AM »

And he's telling us to boycott Goodyear, a American company that actually makes their product in America, because they don't let their employees wear MAGA hats made in China. You literally cannot make this shit up.

It is a bit more than that.

Blue lives matter, all lives matter and MAGA attire were prohibited, but Black Lives matter was OK.  

Trump didn't see this story play out before commenting. Those who were initially reporting on this didn't clarify this was regarding one goodyear plant &  it wasn't a companywide policy.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #359 on: August 21, 2020, 07:48:15 AM »

Thank you for so thoroughly proving my point!

Keep moving those goal posts!

That is where you put the goal posts. You're setting a low bar for Biden. 

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: