Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:24:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 217754 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #520 on: September 03, 2020, 01:53:01 PM »

Actually encouraging fraud. Raise you hand if you saw that coming.

If the election can't be certified by the end of Trump's term, the job falls to the speaker of the house of representatives, Nancy Pelosi.  All that manipulation and Trump loses to Pelosi by his own hand.   hihi  2020, the year of nobody saw that coming.

I should add if Pelosi wins by default because of the whole mail in voter thing, I would feel the dems orchestrated that whole thing to gain power and think many people would feel they circumvented the will of the people.  I think there would be a split in the democratic party after something like that.

She would only really hold the presidency for a short time.  Congress would intervene and elect a new President.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
cineater
Legend

« Reply #521 on: September 03, 2020, 05:12:36 PM »

If the election can't be certified by the end of Trump's term, the job falls to the speaker of the house of representatives, Nancy Pelosi.  All that manipulation and Trump loses to Pelosi by his own hand.   hihi  2020, the year of nobody saw that coming.

I should add if Pelosi wins by default because of the whole mail in voter thing, I would feel the dems orchestrated that whole thing to gain power and think many people would feel they circumvented the will of the people.  I think there would be a split in the democratic party after something like that.

She would only really hold the presidency for a short time.  Congress would intervene and elect a new President.

Do they have that power?  Been a while since I had a civics class on the doomsday scenario.  I think the speaker of the house has it until the term is up.  Of course there would 4 years of lawsuits trying to certify the election results.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #522 on: September 03, 2020, 05:36:10 PM »

I should add if Pelosi wins by default because of the whole mail in voter thing, I would feel the dems orchestrated that whole thing to gain power and think many people would feel they circumvented the will of the people.  I think there would be a split in the democratic party after something like that.

She would only really hold the presidency for a short time.  Congress would intervene and elect a new President.

Do they have that power?  Been a while since I had a civics class on the doomsday scenario.  I think the speaker of the house has it until the term is up.  Of course there would 4 years of lawsuits trying to certify the election results.

Nope. Contingent election would happen right after both legislative bodies are sworn in to their new terms in January.

House picks the president (by state voting block) and the senate picks the vp.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contingent_election#:~:text=Pursuant%20to%20the%2012th%20Amendment,majority%20of%20the%20electoral%20votes.&text=Each%20state%20delegation%20votes%20en,state%20having%20a%20single%20vote.

Now, if the president and vp were both to be incapacitated during their term, after innauguration....yes, speaker is president for the rest of the remaining term.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 07:23:20 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
cineater
Legend

« Reply #523 on: September 03, 2020, 08:17:48 PM »

I should add if Pelosi wins by default because of the whole mail in voter thing, I would feel the dems orchestrated that whole thing to gain power and think many people would feel they circumvented the will of the people.  I think there would be a split in the democratic party after something like that.

She would only really hold the presidency for a short time.  Congress would intervene and elect a new President.

Do they have that power?  Been a while since I had a civics class on the doomsday scenario.  I think the speaker of the house has it until the term is up.  Of course there would 4 years of lawsuits trying to certify the election results.

Nope. Contingent election would happen right after both legislative bodies are sworn in to their new terms in January.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contingent_election#:~:text=Pursuant%20to%20the%2012th%20Amendment,majority%20of%20the%20electoral%20votes.&text=Each%20state%20delegation%20votes%20en,state%20having%20a%20single%20vote.

Now, if the president and vp were both to be incapacitated during their term, after innauguration....yes, speaker is president for the rest of the remaining term.

So we could have a dem from the house as president and a rep from the senate as VP.  That would be interesting.  What if they ran together for a second term?

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #524 on: September 03, 2020, 09:35:22 PM »

That's all assuming the house races are decided by then. Since their terms end as well. If not, in that scenario we'd have either president Grassley or Leahy.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #525 on: September 03, 2020, 09:36:37 PM »

Liberals are panicking. those pesky polls.

white independents support for BLM has dropped significantly from a net 24% approval to a net 3% approval.

but kudos to Biden's handlers for not following Hillary's disastrous strategy of hiding for a few months assuming an easy victory.

the only question is, what excuse will Biden use to avoid the debates. i'd go with he contracted COVID and needs to rest and quarantine. then he shows up 2 weeks before the election a healthy hero that beat covid. we'll see.

strategy should be: Kamala debate Pence to a draw, Kamala apologize for her and Joe's history of aggressively incarcerating blacks, frequent speeches with no tough questions, no debates for Joe, bring covid back to the forefront. will be a relatively easy win for Kamala.   

Do you ever get tired of saying such silky stuff?  hihi
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #526 on: September 03, 2020, 09:44:17 PM »

So we could have a dem from the house as president and a rep from the senate as VP.  That would be interesting.  What if they ran together for a second term?

It would depend on who wins their elections. Like say there's at 269 ECV tie, which goes too the house but the votes aren't by every member. It goes by congressional district. The Republicans actually have more by a 26-23 margin. So if they keep that margin but the president rec'd can't be certified or it ends in a tie, they could in theory give it right back to Trump.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #527 on: September 03, 2020, 10:42:06 PM »

Now Trump is telling people in Pennsylvania to vote twice.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #528 on: September 04, 2020, 09:08:07 AM »

Now Trump is telling people in Pennsylvania to vote twice.

He's saying test the system.  But you do have some bullheaded people who will do just that.  How many states are doing mail in voting?  He'll probably offer covid vaccines at the polling place just to get the vote out.  hihi

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #529 on: September 04, 2020, 10:37:02 AM »

It would depend on who wins their elections. Like say there's at 269 ECV tie, which goes too the house but the votes aren't by every member. It goes by congressional district. The Republicans actually have more by a 26-23 margin. So if they keep that margin but the president rec'd can't be certified or it ends in a tie, they could in theory give it right back to Trump.

Exactly.  It's done by State block.  Each state gets one vote, and that vote is decided by the Reps from that states congressional districts.  So, for example, in CT, we have 5 dems as reps.  Assuming they all won re-election, all 5 would vote dem, and so CTs vote would be for the dem candidate.

In Florida, it's 14 Republicans and 13 Democrats right now (assuming my quick wikipedia count is correct...either way, it's close and a good example).  Assuming that stayed the same, Florida would vote for the Republican...whether they did or not in the electoral college.

So, like everything else, it's complicated. Wink
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 10:39:36 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #530 on: September 04, 2020, 10:38:39 AM »

He's saying test the system.  But you do have some bullheaded people who will do just that.  How many states are doing mail in voting?  He'll probably offer covid vaccines at the polling place just to get the vote out.  hihi

He's saying test the system by breaking the law.  No matter what the intent is, knowingly voting twice is voter fraud, and a felony.

And I would offer that him telling people to do so is conspiracy to commit voter fraud, and is a felony itself.

Together again,
cineater
Legend

« Reply #531 on: September 04, 2020, 01:42:50 PM »

He's saying test the system by breaking the law.  No matter what the intent is, knowingly voting twice is voter fraud, and a felony.

And I would offer that him telling people to do so is conspiracy to commit voter fraud, and is a felony itself.

You'll never get that through the court system by election day.  hihi

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #532 on: September 04, 2020, 02:50:22 PM »

You'll never get that through the court system by election day.  hihi

100% True.  And the Repub Senate has already shown they refuse to hold him accountable for ANYTHING.

But it doesn't make it less true: Voting twice is a felony.  And, as you see in North Carolina, encouraging or planning to have people do so is conspiracy to commit voter fraud.

Holding him ACCOUNTABLE for that is another story....one you just told very accurately.

Together again,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #533 on: September 04, 2020, 03:25:24 PM »

white independents support for BLM has dropped significantly from a net 24% approval to a net 3% approval.

but kudos to Biden's handlers for not following Hillary's disastrous strategy of hiding for a few months assuming an easy victory.

the only question is, what excuse will Biden use to avoid the debates. i'd go with he contracted COVID and needs to rest and quarantine. then he shows up 2 weeks before the election a healthy hero that beat covid. we'll see.

strategy should be: Kamala debate Pence to a draw, Kamala apologize for her and Joe's history of aggressively incarcerating blacks, frequent speeches with no tough questions, no debates for Joe, bring covid back to the forefront. will be a relatively easy win for Kamala.   

I speak the truth, end of quote.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #534 on: September 04, 2020, 09:34:45 PM »

I speak the truth, end of quote.

That's a great Topline Message  ok

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #535 on: September 04, 2020, 09:48:21 PM »

You guys hear about that guy in Florida who does Trump boat parties that threatened his Jewish neighbors life?

Trump supporters being anti-semitic?!  Shocked

What polls? The ones where Biden has a commanding lead?

Have you suffered a head injury lately?

Only kidding (treating you with kid gloves as you asked), it's just those classic symptoms of TDS; complete detachment from reality and asserting things without a single trace of evidence.

LOL, "white independents".  rofl rofl rofl

Don't be so open about your true values! You can't let them see your "power level" as Richard Spencer says.

You wanna curate that dataset any further? How about white evangelical independents with a close family member working law enforcement?  hihi

Now it all makes sense, you were equating the fight for black lives with progressivism. ... okay, I agree.  ok

Guess what? A majority of Americans opposed the Civil Rights Act at the time of its passing. Sitting around waiting for every last white person to agree to value black people as equals means we will be waiting forever. Human rights are not contingent on your comfort, snowflake.

Uh-oh, the TDS is flaring up again! He's fantasizing like a lovesick teenager!

How perfectly does this illustrate the lack of seriousness with which Sandman engages politics, that in the middle of a pandemic and mounting racial tensions leading to the deaths of multiple Americans while the president commits a felony trying to rig the election, he has nothing to say about any of that and is instead playing a child's game of rankly partisan hypothetical fantasies that is clearly just an attempt to trigger his "opponents'? It's so disgraceful.

He has nothing to say about the conversation everyone else is having. He's just here to get in his cheap political potshots and leave.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 09:55:13 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #536 on: September 04, 2020, 09:50:59 PM »

BRB... gonna go test the judicial system by murdering somebody.

/s (for Sandman; I got you, buddy!)

cineater
Legend

« Reply #537 on: September 04, 2020, 09:56:24 PM »

BRB... gonna go test the judicial system by murdering somebody.

/s (for Sandman; I got you, buddy!)

er, there wasn't a Trump says, you lose the game.  hihi

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #538 on: September 04, 2020, 10:01:09 PM »

er, there wasn't a Trump says, you lose the game.  hihi

Darn it! What can I say, I'm not trained to the point of it being a Pavlovian reflex to create plausible deniability. The curse of being an honest person!

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #539 on: September 04, 2020, 10:02:16 PM »

Sandman will have nothing to say about this as well:

NYPD Escorts Pro-Trump Protesters Into Car Moments Before It Plows Through a BLM March

https://www.theroot.com/watch-nypd-escorts-pro-trump-protesters-into-car-momen-1844955026

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: