Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:57:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 216289 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #680 on: September 28, 2020, 12:06:53 PM »

Dishonesty? Is that like alternative facts?  hihi

The whole idea of "I don't think they could do that" or "I can't imagine them sinking that low" has stopped existing, when relating to this president and his party, a long time ago.

So much of what's come out in recent years would've made the heads at Fox News implode multiple times over, if it had happened during Obama's time in the White House. But now it's just another story, another lie, another thousand dead, another statistic.....

/jarmo

They would've spontaneously combust.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #681 on: September 28, 2020, 02:54:39 PM »

Dishonesty? Is that like alternative facts?  hihi

The whole idea of "I don't think they could do that" or "I can't imagine them sinking that low" has stopped existing, when relating to this president and his party, a long time ago.

So much of what's come out in recent years would've made the heads at Fox News implode multiple times over, if it had happened during Obama's time in the White House. But now it's just another story, another lie, another thousand dead, another statistic.....

/jarmo

I don't like the man any more than you do.  But what the news media gets away with doing to him starts setting standards to what they can do to the rest of us.

This kind of shit has been going on for years from multiple parties, not just in politics.  We can't trust our free press any more not to sensationalize whatever they are talking about or to put the slant on it.  We have to demand they straighten up their act and meet certain standards of professionalism.  They've been allowed to get away with it for far too long.  And that leads to individuals thinking they can too.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #682 on: September 28, 2020, 04:17:47 PM »

The law is quickly closing in on the Trump Crime Family. That only gives him more incentive to subvert the election and buy another 4 years of Barr protecting his criminal thug ass.

LAW AND ORDER.

That slogan is for everyone else.

Especially where Democrats are in power.

Roger Stone? Free man....

/jarmo

Exactly, which is why we have to stop allowing the party that serves as a direct conduit of corporate greed and corruption to not only brand themselves as the defenders of "law and order", but to even claim it as exclusive to them. They are gaslighting America, plain and simple. They re-write the tax code so guys like Trump can pay $750 in taxes, and cut back on the IRS' resources so they can't go after the fraud he commits that they haven't yet written into the tax code. Trump has used the power of his office to pardon criminals and set them free on the streets. They are literally a formalized criminal enterprise.

Which goes to show how feckless the current Dem establishment really is, that they have done nothing to push back on that decades old narrative when the truth is 100% on their side.

Biden 2020: Law and Order. Drain the Swamp!

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #683 on: September 28, 2020, 04:35:23 PM »

I don't like the man any more than you do.  But what the news media gets away with doing to him starts setting standards to what they can do to the rest of us.

This kind of shit has been going on for years from multiple parties, not just in politics.  We can't trust our free press any more not to sensationalize whatever they are talking about or to put the slant on it.  We have to demand they straighten up their act and meet certain standards of professionalism.  They've been allowed to get away with it for far too long.  And that leads to individuals thinking they can too.

News media, as in the media that doesn't report about pizza places and satanists weekly?

It's always been this way. You read a newspaper that was conservative and the story would be something. You read a different newspaper that was liberal, and the story was something else.

It's just that in 2020 the president has convinced his supporters that the media are the enemy of the people. So someone on Facebook or Youtube suddenly becomes the alternative and is credible.

People asking for sources to be named while they follow some Internet character posting riddles.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #684 on: September 28, 2020, 05:06:33 PM »

I don't like the man any more than you do.  But what the news media gets away with doing to him starts setting standards to what they can do to the rest of us.

This kind of shit has been going on for years from multiple parties, not just in politics.  We can't trust our free press any more not to sensationalize whatever they are talking about or to put the slant on it.  We have to demand they straighten up their act and meet certain standards of professionalism.  They've been allowed to get away with it for far too long.  And that leads to individuals thinking they can too.

The bar has always been lowered by the likes of Fox News. Liberal outlets are norm-followers to a fault. And if there's any time to break norms, it's when a president is threatening to refuse a peaceful transfer of power. When countless historians are screaming at us to recognize the Fascist tendencies of this administration.

We can in fact trust the press if we have a semblance of media literacy and know how to do basic vetting of sources. And to suggest that the norm breaking of Trump is a downstream result of a lack of media professionalism across the board is absurd. Only one national news network was explicitly created with a partisan bias. And that network was a result of the real culprit here; wealthy interests coordinating to corrupt our political system. It all traces back to the Powell Memo. A document so cartoonishly conspiratorial that you'd think it a movie prop rather than a real, publicly available document. This is just a short excerpt so you can get a taste of it:

“Business must learn the lesson . . . that political power is necessary; that such power must be assiduously cultivated; and that when necessary, it must be used aggressively and with determination—without embarrassment and without the reluctance which has been so characteristic of American business.”

https://billmoyers.com/content/the-powell-memo-a-call-to-arms-for-corporations/

The writer, Lewis Powell, would go on to be elected to the Supreme Court the following year by Nixon.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 05:08:48 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #685 on: September 28, 2020, 06:42:58 PM »

I don't like the man any more than you do.  But what the news media gets away with doing to him starts setting standards to what they can do to the rest of us.

This kind of shit has been going on for years from multiple parties, not just in politics.  We can't trust our free press any more not to sensationalize whatever they are talking about or to put the slant on it.  We have to demand they straighten up their act and meet certain standards of professionalism.  They've been allowed to get away with it for far too long.  And that leads to individuals thinking they can too.

The bar has always been lowered by the likes of Fox News. Liberal outlets are norm-followers to a fault. And if there's any time to break norms, it's when a president is threatening to refuse a peaceful transfer of power. When countless historians are screaming at us to recognize the Fascist tendencies of this administration.

We can in fact trust the press if we have a semblance of media literacy and know how to do basic vetting of sources. And to suggest that the norm breaking of Trump is a downstream result of a lack of media professionalism across the board is absurd. Only one national news network was explicitly created with a partisan bias. And that network was a result of the real culprit here; wealthy interests coordinating to corrupt our political system. It all traces back to the Powell Memo. A document so cartoonishly conspiratorial that you'd think it a movie prop rather than a real, publicly available document. This is just a short excerpt so you can get a taste of it:

“Business must learn the lesson . . . that political power is necessary; that such power must be assiduously cultivated; and that when necessary, it must be used aggressively and with determination—without embarrassment and without the reluctance which has been so characteristic of American business.”

https://billmoyers.com/content/the-powell-memo-a-call-to-arms-for-corporations/

The writer, Lewis Powell, would go on to be elected to the Supreme Court the following year by Nixon.

Wasn't it Roger Ailes who said people don't want to be informed, they just want to feel like they're informed..
cineater
Legend

« Reply #686 on: September 29, 2020, 12:43:50 AM »

News media, as in the media that doesn't report about pizza places and satanists weekly?

It's always been this way. You read a newspaper that was conservative and the story would be something. You read a different newspaper that was liberal, and the story was something else.

It's just that in 2020 the president has convinced his supporters that the media are the enemy of the people. So someone on Facebook or Youtube suddenly becomes the alternative and is credible.

People asking for sources to be named while they follow some Internet character posting riddles.....

/jarmo

It hasn't always been this way.  It's called yellow journalism.  It's been put down before.  We need to demand more from their reporting.  This is something we can change. 

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #687 on: September 29, 2020, 05:55:35 AM »

Something I occasionally come across is people asking me where I read certain news stories. And then tell them, and sometimes it's met with "But that's because so and so country writes bullshit about our country".

Different perspective from outside the country.

Did you ever try reading British news articles dealing with the US?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #688 on: September 29, 2020, 12:52:34 PM »

As Trumps prospects look worse going into the election, we are getting more and more people coming forward with information.  Tax documents, his ridiculing of people of faith and their leadership and lots of other stuff from those close to his administration.  It's all leaking.....really POURING....out.

If the polls stay this way (and we'll have a good idea about 11 PM tonight if they are going to), I expect we're going to hear a lot more interesting stuff about the Trump admin over the next 30 days or so.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #689 on: September 29, 2020, 01:51:06 PM »

The Biden/Harris ticket just flipped off the Trump/Pence ticket by releasing their 2019 tax returns...hours before the debate.

This goes along with releasing  a summary of his current health released last week:

https://go.joebiden.com/page/-/CiU2iAa4Ig_%20j5EQzueoad.pdf
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 02:40:22 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #690 on: September 29, 2020, 02:15:23 PM »

Another pre-debate middle finger:

https://twitter.com/hugolowell/status/1311001541076299777?s=20

Just in: Former Vice President Biden and the DNC War Room announce that they’ve secured the Twitter handle @Truth , from which they will fact-check Trump in real time during tonight’s presidential debate.

https://twitter.com/truth
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 02:20:05 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #691 on: September 29, 2020, 03:01:18 PM »

The Biden/Harris ticket just flipped off the Trump/Pence ticket by releasing their 2019 tax returns...hours before the debate.

This goes along with releasing  a summary of his current health released last week:

And Trump still going with the audit lie about why he can't do the same.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #692 on: September 29, 2020, 03:02:07 PM »

Another pre-debate middle finger:

https://twitter.com/hugolowell/status/1311001541076299777?s=20

Just in: Former Vice President Biden and the DNC War Room announce that they’ve secured the Twitter handle @Truth , from which they will fact-check Trump in real time during tonight’s presidential debate.

https://twitter.com/truth

Good someone needs to fact check the debate. This should go for both of the candidates.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #693 on: September 29, 2020, 08:56:43 PM »

The Failing Trump Campaign is afraid to reveal Trump's failing health. The reality is that he's a lowlife criminal drug addict.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #694 on: September 29, 2020, 09:55:47 PM »

So far Biden is knowledgeable and familiar with the material, and presidential.

Trump looks like a moronic lying bully afraid to let Joe talk.

Waiting for repubs to drop by and do more goal post moving.

The real loser of this debate is Wallace. What a terrible job of moderating.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 10:13:03 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #695 on: September 29, 2020, 10:20:47 PM »

Trump, given a softball question, cant condemn white supremicists.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

!
« Reply #696 on: September 29, 2020, 10:41:23 PM »

Trump, given a softball question, cant condemn white supremicists.

That needs to be blasted everywhere. The president of the United States would not condemn white supremacists and told the proud boys to stand by. WOW!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #697 on: September 29, 2020, 10:47:47 PM »

Trump looked deranged, honestly. And lied over and over and over and over again.

Biden, through the whole thing, looked lucid, competent, and like the adult in the room.

And at the end, you saw Trumps authoritarianism. Discounting the election results. Basically declaring himself dictator.

And...Trump ignored the rules all night. He debated in bad faith. And repubs wont care.

If I were the next moderator, i would threaren to cut his mic...or i would rip his mic off the podium and only give it back to him when it is his turn....and I would let Biden talk all night long.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #698 on: September 29, 2020, 11:00:16 PM »

I haven't watched it yet but i heard Trump the whole night interrupted and talked over both Biden and Wallace.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #699 on: September 30, 2020, 06:01:20 AM »

Is anyone surprised?

You can't debate with a liar and someone who can't let you finish a sentence.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: