Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:25:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 211146 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #120 on: June 25, 2020, 07:13:18 PM »

Trump loses another case today pertaining to a book because it was filed in the wrong court. Now it goes to the New York Supreme court. I can't imagine it gets blocked either. He sure is getting spanked by judges he appointed that he thought would kiss his ass.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #121 on: July 06, 2020, 03:01:17 PM »

Trump's (former?) pal, Kanye, wants to run for president.

Way to get attention for himself instead of the issues going on....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #122 on: July 06, 2020, 03:57:30 PM »

Cant take Kanye seriously, I think it is too late to get his name on any of the ballots and we dont even know his positions on a given topic.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #123 on: July 06, 2020, 04:02:00 PM »

Trump loses another case today pertaining to a book because it was filed in the wrong court. Now it goes to the New York Supreme court. I can't imagine it gets blocked either. He sure is getting spanked by judges he appointed that he thought would kiss his ass.

It really doesn't matter at this point, between the released excerpts and the interviews Bolton has done, its all out there anyway. He was already starting to write this book while he was still working in the administration. I consider him a rat in behavior and appearance.  Bolton wasn't happy that Trump didn't take his advice to go to war with Iran or North Korea.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #124 on: July 06, 2020, 06:30:42 PM »

Cant take Kanye seriously,

Of course not. But he gets a lot of attention for this stunt.

That's what happens with the fascination with celebrities and whether or not your press briefing has high ratings...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #125 on: July 06, 2020, 11:12:27 PM »

There's still time for him to get in the ballot in some states, 6i believe but not enough to in anyway affect the election.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #126 on: July 07, 2020, 11:59:58 AM »

Cant take Kanye seriously, I think it is too late to get his name on any of the ballots and we dont even know his positions on a given topic.

I think his "position" is to try to steal black votes from Biden. This is the Ross Perot/Ralph Nader tactic, but much less serious. Of course a vote for Biden is in essence a vote for Kamala Harris, because there is absolutely no way Biden can serve a full term, in fact he'd be lucky to make it out of 2021. Look at the 4 year age progression of your average president, Biden is starting at a point that is just slightly worse than the day we put my grandmother into a nursing home.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 12:06:12 PM by C0ma » Logged
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #127 on: July 08, 2020, 04:59:00 AM »

I think his "position" is to try to steal black votes from Biden. This is the Ross Perot/Ralph Nader tactic, but much less serious. Of course a vote for Biden is in essence a vote for Kamala Harris, because there is absolutely no way Biden can serve a full term, in fact he'd be lucky to make it out of 2021. Look at the 4 year age progression of your average president, Biden is starting at a point that is just slightly worse than the day we put my grandmother into a nursing home.

How do you know he will pick Harris? I'm not certain he will. I think there are much better choices like Abrams, Bottoms, Demings and Duckworth.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #128 on: July 08, 2020, 10:27:28 AM »

How do you know he will pick Harris? I'm not certain he will. I think there are much better choices like Abrams, Bottoms, Demings and Duckworth.

I'm not certain of anything, but she is the recognized front runner. Nationally she has the most name recognition of any of the other potential running mates. At the same time, Bottoms, Abrams, and Demings get him the same outcome. Duckworth gives him female, minority, veteran... but in the current climate, nothing is going to be more powerful than black voter turnout, and as much as people hate Trump there could be apathy with a senile old man and other random white guy or old white lady who pretends to be a minority. You are voting for his VP as President... I guess I was wrong about the certainty thing, I am certain he doesn't serve more than a year of his term unless they pull a Weekend at Bernie's dementia edition.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 10:34:45 AM by C0ma » Logged
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #129 on: July 09, 2020, 01:32:13 AM »

I'm not certain of anything, but she is the recognized front runner. Nationally she has the most name recognition of any of the other potential running mates. At the same time, Bottoms, Abrams, and Demings get him the same outcome. Duckworth gives him female, minority, veteran... but in the current climate, nothing is going to be more powerful than black voter turnout, and as much as people hate Trump there could be apathy with a senile old man and other random white guy or old white lady who pretends to be a minority. You are voting for his VP as President... I guess I was wrong about the certainty thing, I am certain he doesn't serve more than a year of his term unless they pull a Weekend at Bernie's dementia edition.

The most recent poll i've heard at least say most want Warren, but i think it has got to be a black woman. He has to get a significant portion of the black vote. We know he will get the whites in the urban and suburban areas. The college educated, especially the women, which Trump won in 2016 by a good majority. They have fled Trump like he's on fire though. If he's looking for someone with foreign policy experience he's definitely got it in Duckworth. Not to mention being a decorated veteran. I'm not sure how long he will be able to serve but you definitely need someone who can step into the job at any time, if for no other reason then his advanced age.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #130 on: July 09, 2020, 08:53:12 AM »

unless they pull a Weekend at Bernie's dementia edition.

this has already started. what the Dems are doing to Biden is absolute cruelty at this point.

replace him with anyone. everyone knows the primary was bullshit. and they get away with it. just replace him with the person they think will do even better. Biden is up in the polls and it has nothing to do with Biden.

the dem voters are just voting against trump. they will literally vote for anyone. so then you have people that may or may not vote for Trump. how is Biden going to pull those voters in? Lifelong politician who can't complete a sentence at this point.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
sandman
Legend

« Reply #131 on: July 09, 2020, 09:01:14 AM »

No, you have one side being peaceful

I needed this laugh today. seriously. Mondays can be rough, especially in the summer, but that was good.

Property damage is not violence. That you equate human life with property says everything.

It also says a lot that you leave 90% of the argument on the table with every reply. Literally a tactic from the Alt-Right playbook:

https://youtu.be/wmVkJvieaOA?t=282

you said "PEACEFUL". that's what I referenced. Rioting and looting is not peaceful.

you then imply that you meant "violence". and you then make a false statement that I am equating human life with property. 

you lie and misrepresent.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #132 on: July 09, 2020, 09:17:07 AM »

"PEACEFUL" protests....

- David Dorn, a retired African American police captain who was killed in St. Louis while protecting a friend’s pawnshop from looters. His death was captured on Facebook Live, during which an onlooker, his voice shaking, cries out, “They just killed this old man at the pawnshop over some TVs … c’mon man, that’s somebody’s granddaddy.” Indeed, Dorn was a father of five and had 10 grandchildren.

- Chris Beaty, an African American former offensive lineman for Indiana University, was shot dead in an alley in Indianapolis after leaving a demonstration that had turned violent.

- Italia Marie Kelly, a 22-year-old black woman in Davenport, Iowa, was shot in the back while getting into her car, trying to escape a protest that had turned into a riot. Her mother, Sharon, tearfully told the local news, “She was here trying to protest peacefully. These idiots just want to take it out of control and bring guns to a situation that don’t need to be here. This needs to stop. It needs to stop now before another mother has to grieve like I do, and cry over her baby gone.”

- Las Vegas Police Officer Shay Mikalonis was shot in the head and gravely injured June 1 on the north Strip during a protest over the death of George Floyd during an arrest in Minnesota. He is paralyzed from the neck down, on a ventilator and unable to speak, according to a family statement released by police.

- More than 700 law enforcement officers have been injured on the job during nationwide protests over the death of George Floyd — with nearly 300 of those among New York’s Finest, according to the Department of Justice and the NYPD.

- During violent protests in Washington, DC, another 60 Secret Service agents and 40 US Park Police were also injured — 22 of those officers hospitalized with serious injuries.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #133 on: July 09, 2020, 09:03:21 PM »

this has already started. what the Dems are doing to Biden is absolute cruelty at this point.

replace him with anyone. everyone knows the primary was bullshit. and they get away with it. just replace him with the person they think will do even better. Biden is up in the polls and it has nothing to do with Biden.

the dem voters are just voting against trump. they will literally vote for anyone. so then you have people that may or may not vote for Trump. how is Biden going to pull those voters in? Lifelong politician who can't complete a sentence at this point.
I watched his last 2 pressers. He finished every sentence and answered questions intelligently and coherently.

As opposed to this wordsalading."But the word 'experience' is a very important word," he added. "It's a very important meaning. "I never did this before. I never slept over in Washington. I was in Washington I think 17 times — all of a sudden I'm president of the United States. You know the story. I'm riding down Pennsylvania Avenue with our first lady, and I say, 'This is great. Trump went on to say that he didn't really know anybody in Washington politics as a Manhattan businessman.

"Now I know everybody," he said.

"And I have great people in the administration," Trump added. "You make some mistakes, like, you know, an idiot like Bolton — all he wanted to do is drop bombs on everybody. You don't have to drop bombs on everybody. You don't have to kill people

This was a question asked by Hannity about Trump's plans during a possible second term. Now tell me, how is this a coherent sentence? Much less anything to do with the question he was asked.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #134 on: July 09, 2020, 11:30:49 PM »

He already is, look at the polls in the 9 potential battleground states. Biden is up high single or low double digits, even in states that haven't been battleground in my lifetime like Georgia, Texas and Arizona. His lead both nationally and in state polls are higher then what Hillary had at this point. No incumbent this far back at this point has won ever, even if the battleground states are off in Trump's favor as much as they were in 2016 Biden will still win. That's how much bigger his lead is then Hillary.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #135 on: July 10, 2020, 04:30:34 AM »

Trump is hopping mad at the SCOTuS with their ruling on his finances. While not a complete condemnation, overall not a good ruling for Trump at all.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #136 on: July 10, 2020, 03:44:06 PM »

I watched his last 2 pressers. He finished every sentence and answered questions intelligently and coherently.

As opposed to this wordsalading."But the word 'experience' is a very important word," he added. "It's a very important meaning. "I never did this before. I never slept over in Washington. I was in Washington I think 17 times — all of a sudden I'm president of the United States. You know the story. I'm riding down Pennsylvania Avenue with our first lady, and I say, 'This is great. Trump went on to say that he didn't really know anybody in Washington politics as a Manhattan businessman.

"And I have great people in the administration," Trump added. "You make some mistakes, like, you know, an idiot like Bolton — all he wanted to do is drop bombs on everybody. You don't have to drop bombs on everybody. You don't have to kill people

This was a question asked by Hannity about Trump's plans during a possible second term. Now tell me, how is this a coherent sentence? Much less anything to do with the question he was asked.

you mean the presser where he openly admitted he had a list of pre-determined press members he was supposed to call on so they could ask him prepared softball questions? yeah, that worked out real well.

there is no way in hell they allow him to debate trump. you will see strategically placed stories and commentary on TV about why Biden shouldn't debate Trump. they will ensure that there is a push from "others" for Biden not to debate so it does not seem like it is coming from the Biden camp. they need to do something to come up with a good reason to avoid them.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #137 on: July 10, 2020, 10:43:48 PM »

you mean the presser where he openly admitted he had a list of pre-determined press members he was supposed to call on so they could ask him prepared softball questions? yeah, that worked out real well.

there is no way in hell they allow him to debate trump. you will see strategically placed stories and commentary on TV about why Biden shouldn't debate Trump. they will ensure that there is a push from "others" for Biden not to debate so it does not seem like it is coming from the Biden camp. they need to do something to come up with a good reason to avoid them.

Oh brother  Roll Eyes. They had MASKS on. He knew who was there he just couldn't tell who was who so he called on them. We never saw who exactly was there, so he could very well have called on everyone. Convenient how you left out his speech and only focused on the questions from the press. Look how thoughtfully he answered that one question about all that is going on, look how he carefully chose his words. I want a president who acts like that.

All you do is deflect deflect deflect. You're so quick to point out what you believe to be softball questions to Biden, but conveniently ignore the one Hannity threw your boy who went of on some wtf wild tangent that had literally nothing to do with what he was asked. You do this because you know you can't come up with any feasible defense of that.

Based on Biden's presser and Trump's Hannity interview Biden isn't the one i'd be concerned about in a debate.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 10:51:30 PM by tim_m » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #138 on: July 11, 2020, 06:29:24 AM »

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump on Friday commuted the sentence of his longtime political confidant Roger Stone, intervening in extraordinary fashion in a criminal case that was central to the Russia investigation and that concerned the president’s own conduct.

The move came just days before Stone was to begin serving a 40-month prison sentence for lying to Congress, witness tampering and obstructing the House investigation into whether Trump’s campaign colluded with Russia to win the 2016 election.

The action, which Trump had foreshadowed in recent days, underscores the president’s lingering rage over special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation and is part of a continuing effort by the president and his administration to rewrite the narrative of a probe that has shadowed the White House from the outset. Democrats, already alarmed by the Justice Department’s earlier dismissal of the case against Trump’s first national security adviser, Michael Flynn, denounced the president as further undermining the rule of law.

Full story: https://apnews.com/4d9cba90d023cde628040b1ca0eb89fd

Draining the swamp.....

/jarmo

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #139 on: July 11, 2020, 06:33:26 AM »

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump on Friday commuted the sentence of his longtime political confidant Roger Stone, intervening in extraordinary fashion in a criminal case that was central to the Russia investigation and that concerned the president’s own conduct.

The move came just days before Stone was to begin serving a 40-month prison sentence for lying to Congress, witness tampering and obstructing the House investigation into whether Trump’s campaign colluded with Russia to win the 2016 election.

The action, which Trump had foreshadowed in recent days, underscores the president’s lingering rage over special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation and is part of a continuing effort by the president and his administration to rewrite the narrative of a probe that has shadowed the White House from the outset. Democrats, already alarmed by the Justice Department’s earlier dismissal of the case against Trump’s first national security adviser, Michael Flynn, denounced the president as further undermining the rule of law.

Full story: https://apnews.com/4d9cba90d023cde628040b1ca0eb89fd

Draining the swamp.....

/jarmo

Stone should've been spending decades in prison by now. he's been a criminal dating back to watergate. He's a complete garbage human being, as is his buddy Trump.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: