Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:06:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 211255 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #240 on: August 05, 2020, 12:24:32 PM »

We're last, meaning we're first.

It is what it is!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #241 on: August 05, 2020, 01:36:24 PM »

I feel so bad for Biden. I love seeing him talk because it's funny, but at the same time I feel bad for laughing.

he gets asked a simple question and he accuses the black interviewer of being a junkie. We know he's a racist, and Biden helped create the laws that were discriminatory against blacks and incarcerated them at extremely high and unfair levels. also, the myth of the black community being coke heads is a racist stereo type. Biden is well aware of that, as he pushed those stereotypes throughout his political career.  

BIDEN: "No, I haven't taken a test. Why the hell would I take a test? C'mon man. That's like saying you, before you got in this program, if you take a test where you're taking cocaine or not, what do you think huh? Are you a junkie?"

He was definitely trying to make an analogy. That's not to say he didn't fail though. The optics are bad in this one really bad. There's no sugar coating this one. Biden has always had foot in mouth disease. Everybody knows this. I don't think he has malicious intent when he says them though.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #242 on: August 05, 2020, 07:49:58 PM »

I feel so bad for Biden. I love seeing him talk because it's funny, but at the same time I feel bad for laughing.

he gets asked a simple question and he accuses the black interviewer of being a junkie. We know he's a racist, and Biden helped create the laws that were discriminatory against blacks and incarcerated them at extremely high and unfair levels. also, the myth of the black community being coke heads is a racist stereo type. Biden is well aware of that, as he pushed those stereotypes throughout his political career.  

BIDEN: "No, I haven't taken a test. Why the hell would I take a test? C'mon man. That's like saying you, before you got in this program, if you take a test where you're taking cocaine or not, what do you think huh? Are you a junkie?"

He was definitely trying to make an analogy. That's not to say he didn't fail though. The optics are bad in this one really bad. There's no sugar coating this one. Biden has always had foot in mouth disease. Everybody knows this. I don't think he has malicious intent when he says them though.

I agree with you. Just a bad analogy but nothing malicious.

I hope he’s ok and i’m reading this wrong. I always liked Biden.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #243 on: August 05, 2020, 08:04:17 PM »

I agree with you. Just a bad analogy but nothing malicious.

I hope he’s ok and i’m reading this wrong. I always liked Biden.

He did better in a different part of the interview discussing white supremacy, then the part about trade with China. He definitely kind of lost it there.

As for the crime bill he does regret it now. He has said it was a big mistake. A lot of people supported it unfortunately even Sanders voted for it.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 08:09:55 PM by tim_m » Logged
sandman
Legend

« Reply #244 on: August 06, 2020, 02:10:47 PM »

the more he speaks, the more trouble he gets himself in.....

"And by the way, what you all know, but most people don’t know, unlike the African American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly different attitudes about different things.”

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #245 on: August 06, 2020, 03:23:00 PM »

Trump?

Yeah. Unfortunately his followers seem to believe everything he says.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #246 on: August 06, 2020, 05:46:33 PM »

"And by the way, what you all know, but most people don’t know, unlike the African American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly different attitudes about different things.”

Again with the analogies. I think most people will read it and know what he was getting at but the optics are awful. It sounds awful. They need to tell him to stop them immediately.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #247 on: August 06, 2020, 06:38:31 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG-njDHXZuw

Finny?

It's pretty clever how they used all the Fox propaganda about Biden over clips of Trump...

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 06:43:40 PM by jarmo » Logged

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #248 on: August 06, 2020, 09:24:34 PM »

GypsyAnalysis: GNR always plays LALD as a tribute to someone who has passed on, so either TeamTrump had the GNR version played as a tribute to those who have passed too OR played it as a FU back at ya GNR for the tee.

PRESIDENT TRUMP
BLARES 'LIVE AND LET DIE' AT OHIO EVENT ...

Crazy Hype Song Choice in a Pandemic!!!

https://www.tmz.com/2020/08/06/trump-arrival-ohio-live-and-let-die-playing-white-house-campaign-event/

Ya probably wouldn't believe it, if there wasn't video, but a reporter covering Trump's speech at a Whirlpool factory posted it -- and Guns N' Roses version of the Paul McCartney classic was, sure enough, blaring on the live feed.

The reporter, Robert Mackey, points out the obviously disturbing nature of the track blaring at a time like this. Not to mention, Ohio's Governor, Mike DeWine, couldn't attend the event because he just came down with COVID-19.

And, of course, the virus is on the rise in a majority of states and killed more than 1,400 Americans just Wednesday.

Bottom line: It's either the worst timing ever or someone's idea of a sick twisted joke. BTW, Mackey says it played twice!

For the record, GnR frontman Axl Rose is no fan of Trump or his handling of the coronavirus, and actually used the song title to mock the President back in May.

The band released a bunch of shirts reading ... "Live N’ Let Die With COVID 45."

You absolutely can't make this stuff up.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #249 on: August 06, 2020, 10:01:15 PM »

Axl will post something on twitter about this soon no doubt.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #250 on: August 06, 2020, 10:13:38 PM »

You left out a significant portion of the quote and took it way out of context like all the news outlets did.

"Unlike the African American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly diverse attitudes about different things," Biden said. "You go to Florida, you find a very different attitude about immigration than you do in Arizona. So it's a very diverse community."

"We can build a new administration that reflects the full diversity of our nation. The full diversity of the Latino communities," Biden said. "Now when I mean full diversity, unlike African American community, many other communities, you're from everywhere. From Europe. From the tip of South America, all the way to our border and Mexico and in the Caribbean. And different backgrounds, different ethnicities, but all Latinos."

“In no way did I mean to suggest the African American community is a monolith — not by identity, not on issues, not at all,“ Biden wrote. “Throughout my career I‘ve witnessed the diversity of thought, background, and sentiment within the African American community. It‘s this diversity that makes our workplaces, communities, and country a better place.“

“My commitment to you is this: I will always listen, I will never stop fighting for the African American community and I will never stop fighting for a more equitable future.“

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/510999-biden-clarifies-comments-comparing-african-american-and-latino-communities
sandman
Legend

« Reply #251 on: August 07, 2020, 09:40:14 AM »

You left out a significant portion of the quote and took it way out of context like all the news outlets did.

"Unlike the African American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly diverse attitudes about different things," Biden said. "You go to Florida, you find a very different attitude about immigration than you do in Arizona. So it's a very diverse community."

"We can build a new administration that reflects the full diversity of our nation. The full diversity of the Latino communities," Biden said. "Now when I mean full diversity, unlike African American community, many other communities, you're from everywhere. From Europe. From the tip of South America, all the way to our border and Mexico and in the Caribbean. And different backgrounds, different ethnicities, but all Latinos."

“In no way did I mean to suggest the African American community is a monolith — not by identity, not on issues, not at all,“ Biden wrote. “Throughout my career I‘ve witnessed the diversity of thought, background, and sentiment within the African American community. It‘s this diversity that makes our workplaces, communities, and country a better place.“

“My commitment to you is this: I will always listen, I will never stop fighting for the African American community and I will never stop fighting for a more equitable future.“

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/510999-biden-clarifies-comments-comparing-african-american-and-latino-communities

the additional QUOTE of what Biden actually said which you included does not make it any better. it actually makes it worse.

the text from Biden's TWEET, which he wrote much later after his interview, was necessary because what he SAID was racist as fuck.

his TWEET says that he didn't mean what he said. it didn't "clarify" anything.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #252 on: August 07, 2020, 03:54:16 PM »

At least he admitted what he said sounded bad and apologized. When has Trump ever done that?
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #253 on: August 07, 2020, 11:31:55 PM »

As always, pure rhetoric and narrative. And not responding to anyone who debunks his arguments. SAD!

I feel so bad for Trump. I love seeing him talk because it's funny, but at the same time I feel bad for laughing.

He gets asked a simple question and he accuses the female interviewer of menstruating. Or having plastic surgery. We know he's a racist, Trump helped his daddy discriminate against black tenants and got sued by the DOJ for it, which was the same daddy who got arrested at a KKK rally. And he called Neo Nazis "very fine people". And he called for the execution of the Central Park Five, even after they were exonerated. He called Mexicans rapists. He claimed a judge he thought was Mexican but was actually Indian, could not do his job impartially. African Americans were disproportionately LEFT OUT of Trump's tax cut. He rolled back discrimination protections for black students. He's rolled back community policing initiatives. He rescinded guidance geared toward protecting lower-income people from being buried in legal fees. He cut support for prisoner halfway houses for those transitioning back into society. His administration is working behind the scenes to undermine the First Step Act and put the inmates Trump claims to champion back behind bars. Trump’s DOJ gave federal prosecutors wider latitude to pursue criminal drug charges and harsher sentences. Trump’s DOJ reinstituted the death penalty and advised federal prosecutors to seek death sentences in cases involving large quantities of drugs.

Oh yeah, and he's loved by David Duke, grand wizard of the KKK and repeatedly refused to disavow his support.

I also like how your own quote of him makes it clear he isn't accusing the reporter of being a junkie, but simply making an analogy. Why are you so dishonest? Is it because you know full well you can't defend your position based on the facts?

What does it feel like to know your ideology is built on a throne of lies, Sandman? Is that why your only tactic is to just throw shit at the wall and hope it sticks? It's really sad.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #254 on: August 08, 2020, 12:06:18 AM »

"They are dying, it’s true. But it is what it is."

"There are those that say you can test too much."

Who says that?

"Read the manuals. Read the books."

"I’m talking about death as a proportion of population."

"You can't do that!"

“We have a new phenomenon—it’s called mail-in voting.”

On Ghislaine Maxwell:

“I wish her well. I'd wish you well. I'd wish a lot of people well.”

But on John Lewis:

"Do you find him impressive?"

"I can’t say one or the other. I find a lot of people impressive. I find many people not impressive."

That one was especially stark in contrast; he'll wish a pedo kingpin well, but won't call a civil rights legend impressive. And literally offers up the analogy by using the same cagey dodging tactic of saying "I say X about a lot of people". I guess despite his cavalier attitude extending to supporting pedophiles, calling a civil rights leader impressive is where he draws the line...

"What does systemic racism mean to you?"

"I hope the answer to that question is no. Does anybody really answer that question accurately? Does anybody really know?"

DEMENTIA!  drool drool drool

I mean, every single sentence that came out of his mouth in that Axios interview was pure gold. And I don't have to pretend not to understand analogies for these quotes to be bad!

The big Achilles heel of your desperate tactics is that because they are so bereft of substance, they can be very easily used against you and exposed for their fraudulence. It's clear to everyone you're just playing a game of "overwhelm the discussion with baseless attacks". You don't have the facts on your side so you engage in a war of attrition by pulling red herring after red herring and one misrepresented quote after another, hoping that by just posting enough right wing talking points and whatever the latest manufactured rightist non-scandal is, you'll tire out everyone trying to have an actual discussion. Honestly, the level of servile partisanship is pathetic.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #255 on: August 08, 2020, 12:13:22 AM »

the additional QUOTE of what Biden actually said which you included does not make it any better. it actually makes it worse.

the text from Biden's TWEET, which he wrote much later after his interview, was necessary because what he SAID was racist as fuck.

his TWEET says that he didn't mean what he said. it didn't "clarify" anything.

If you're not braindead, it's very clear what he is saying. "You go to Florida, you find a very different attitude about immigration than you do in Arizona. So it's a very diverse community." straight from the QUOTE. The black community does not have a sizable and influential contingent with more conservative values like Latinos do. That is a sociologically recognized fact.

This is getting really pathetic, Sandy.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #256 on: August 08, 2020, 11:52:05 AM »

Just imagine if Trump said this. 

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #257 on: August 08, 2020, 12:05:09 PM »

"I've done more for black Americans than anybody with the possible exception of Abraham Lincoln"

Interestingly enough part of that work he's done, is to try to destroy anything the only black American president (who Trump claimed isn't American) did....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 12:06:44 PM by jarmo » Logged

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #258 on: August 08, 2020, 04:56:07 PM »

"I've done more for black Americans than anybody with the possible exception of Abraham Lincoln"

Interestingly enough part of that work he's done, is to try to destroy anything the only black American president (who Trump claimed isn't American) did....

/jarmo

He's even excoriated Lincoln in that same sentence as well.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #259 on: August 08, 2020, 05:36:23 PM »

/jarmo

What do you think obama did for black people?

His whole plan was to help everyone. Which was great. But the black community needed specific help. What do you think he did to help them?

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: